Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STV's Young Players To Watch For In 2014

Default STV's Young Players To Watch For In 2014

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/a...t-for-in-2014/

No Rangers players included, I know this type of thing is subjective but Sinclair released THREE of them !!!

How much is he on ?

Default Re: STV's Young Players To Watch For In 2014

Storie looks, and sounds like a horrible (unt.

Do we have anyone who could be included? I can't think of any.

4. Default Re: STV's Young Players To Watch For In 2014

Alastair Coote is very highly rated at Tannadice. Alex Robertson and Stevie Campbell - Dundee United scout and head of youth - are doing a really good job.

Storie is a good Rangers man

Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
    Strange mentor, for a Rangers man.

Used to go every week

Quote Originally Posted by elfideldo View Post

No Rangers players included, I know this type of thing is subjective but Sinclair released THREE of them !!!

How much is he on ?
    Too much, a complete and utter waste of a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by smkz23 View Post
    Do we have anyone who could be included? I can't think of any.
    I think MacLeod is one to watch, naw?

I didn't realise Shankland has signed for the sheep, looked decent at times against us

11. Default Re: STV's Young Players To Watch For In 2014

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke11 View Post
    MacLeod, McKay and Aird for me.

MacLeod continues to perform, Aird has come in to the team and produced. He has matured on last season. Hopefully starts against Stranraer and keeps up his good form. Not sure what is happening with McKay, needs a break.

Our criteria

Our idea wasn't to identify talented players who have already broken onto the scene. Ryan Gauld, for example, is one of the most promising Scottish players of his generation but he has already established himself in Dundee United's first team side.

Our intention was to pick out players who will make the breakthrough in 2014 or, if they are already on the fringes of the first team, will make a significant impact within the year.

Quote Originally Posted by White Cafu View Post
    I didn't realise Shankland has signed for the sheep, looked decent at times against us
    Agreed and I would have liked us to take a chance with him however, for his development, he is probably better off at aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    Alastair Coote is very highly rated at Tannadice. Alex Robertson and Stevie Campbell - Dundee United scout and head of youth - are doing a really good job.
    Stevie C is a great guy , only thing wrong with him is that he is a Celtic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    MacLeod, McKay and Aird for me.

MacLeod continues to perform, Aird has come in to the team and produced. He has matured on last season. Hopefully starts against Stranraer and keeps up his good form. Not sure what is happening with McKay, needs a break.
    McKay needs to go on loan. Any time I have seen him this season he has looked decent but he is not getting near the first team.

Needs games, get him loaned out.

Quote Originally Posted by White Cafu View Post
    Our criteria

Our idea wasn't to identify talented players who have already broken onto the scene. Ryan Gauld, for example, is one of the most promising Scottish players of his generation but he has already established himself in Dundee United's first team side.

Our intention was to pick out players who will make the breakthrough in 2014 or, if they are already on the fringes of the first team, will make a significant impact within the year.
    And I'm once more bested by contractual terms...

In which case; Aird.

Elfideldo

What's your opinion on the article? I've heard enough from people in the know about Sinclair to know he's not been doing a competent job.

I want to know what you think of the players quoted in the article and how they compare to our youths. Also, is there any on the fringes you think might make an impact for us in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Strange mentor, for a Rangers man.
    My mate works in the kitroom at shittodrie, was speakin to storie after he played against us on loan at forfar.
    Asked how he got on and stories response was, hardly touched the ball, ran till he couldnt run any more but loved every second of playin at ibrox.
    Boy was pround as punch to have graced the hallowed turf

On 200k per year, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by iProd View Post
    Elfideldo

What's your opinion on the article? I've heard enough from people in the know about Sinclair to know he's not been doing a competent job.

I want to know what you think of the players quoted in the article and how they compare to our youths. Also, is there any on the fringes you think might make an impact for us in 2014?
    As I said its subjective and I'm pretty sure its been put together from a list of recommendations. I think we have a few players that would be on many people's lists, Tom Walsh, Ryan Sinnamon and Danny Stoney spring to mind.

I haven't seen Donaldson and not sure about Spark, if I did he didn't standout. The others I have seen, some more than others. Storrie and King look class acts and are as good as any player we have, Chris Kane has made great strides this season and is top scorer in U20's league. The others have looked decent without really standing out, but the list covers an age range and a few listed are only 15 or 16.

The point I was making was the players we release that improve elsewhere, around a dozen selected for international youth squads in the past year.

Are we getting value for money ? I don't think so.

We are unprofessional and don't come across as a "big club". Of the 19 players we have between U18 & U20 we have ONE naturally left footed player !! As a result Ryan Sinnamon has been played at left-back instead of right-back.

We recently cancelled an U17 Glasgow Cup tie against Partick Thistle because we didn't have a goalkeeper.

Ryan Hardie missed a few months through illness, we don't have another striker at U17. (With a bit of trial and error Junior Ogen has done okay in the role).

As for players that could make an impact I think there is a few and with seven subs every week I think 1 or 2 should be on the bench each week. Sinnamon, Gasparotto, Walsh, Murdoch, Telfer, Stoney, Gallagher and Burrows could all be gaining a wee bit of experience from the bench.

I also think considering the level we are at Liam Kelly should be the backup keeper rather than pay a significant wage to 34 year old Steve Simonsen.
    Last edited by elfideldo; 24-12-2013 at 23:38.

Couldn't agree more with the above.

I think this list is more younguns who'll break into the teams. MacLeod is already a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by elfideldo View Post

How much is he on ?
    Who where the three he released mate?

Which part if this doesn't a lot on here understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Storie looks, and sounds like a horrible (unt.
    He is not a 'horrible ****', mate. Not the sharpest tool in the box but an excellent player and a good Rangers man.