Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Launched

Default Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Launched

HOW TO DONATE
    Money raised through the 'Fighting Fund' will go to the club's running costs and supporters can contribute right now to the secured Rangers Assembly bank account.

• Royal Bank of Scotland Giffnock Branch
    • Sort Code 832022 - Account Number 00741694
    • For oversees transactions fans should use - IBAN number GB90RBOS 8320 2200 7416 94
    • Supporters can also use PayPal to make a donation - fans on PayPal can log on to their accounts then type in assembly@thebluenose.co.uk to contribute
    Please click official link so the site gets hits, the bank details have been posted above.

Official minutes of the RFFF have now been released and are below, please read which should answer your questions & concerns :

http://forum.*****************/showth...8#post16530748

Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Meeting

Notes of a Meeting held between representatives of Rangers (Ian Durrant, Kenny McDowell, Sandy Jardine and Jim Hannah) Andrew McCormick, and representative of Rangers Supporters’ Clubs – 10 March 2012

1. The ‘Fighting Fund’ will be managed by a Committee which will comprise Ally McCoist, Walter Smith, Sandy Jardine, Jim Hannah representatives of the Rangers Assembly (Rangers Supporters Association and The Rangers Trust). Four other representatives were accepted from the floor of the meeting.

2. The money will be lodged in a bank account under the name of the Rangers Assembly and will not belong to Rangers FC.

3. The Administrators will meet with the Committee every Friday and set out income and expenditure over the previous week and decide thereafter as to whether there is a shortfall in cash. They will then ask the Committee to supply any shortfall with written evidence of any accounts which will be left to pay.

4. It will be dependent upon the Committee as to what they make available to Rangers FC.

5. It was made very clear that the Club needs this money now and will continue to need funds until such time as a new owner is identified and takes over running of the Club. This will particularly be the case if the process of the new owner isn’t in place before the end of the Season. The close season is particularly difficult given lack of income from games.

6. The money is to be used for the day to day running of the Club and any associated running costs. It is not to be used to pay creditors. This will be part of the Administration process.

7. Once the new owner is identified, it will still be within the gift of the Committee to decide how any remaining funds are to be utilised.

8. The Administrators have provided assurances that Craig Whyte will not be receiving any money from the Administration process – and most certainly not from this fund.

9. The Administrators have confirmed that money received for Season Ticket sales for next season will be put in a Trust Fund and will not be part of the Administration/CVA process.

10. Funds can be lodged directly via a bank or through Paypal. (There is a 4% admin charge associated with Paypal.)Details of the account number will be publicised post the formal launch – probably Tuesday 13 March.

11. The need for more effective communication with the fans was recognised and it was proposed that there be regular meetings similar to the one held on 10 March.

Other areas covered in the subsequent Q&A.

Rangers were asked to provide every Supporters’ Club with an autographed shirt to raffle/auction etc to assist in fundraising for the RFFF it was suggested by the committe that a minimal return of 200 should be given to the RFFF for each top given out.

Rangers were asked to make available players to attend functions to help raise money for the Fighting Fund.

Opportunities may exist for volunteers to assist in undertaking jobs/work around Ibrox during the close season.

Hand held Union Jacks will be on sale for a minimal payment of 2 from at the turnstiles inside the ground at the next home match.

Hamburg will come and play a friendly at no charge – other than their costs. The Game is scheduled for Tuesday 17 April and it is hope to be sponsored by the Fans and billed as organised by the Fans for the Club. The suggestion of a friendly with Portsmouth was not well received.

Consideration should be given to restructuring prices for friendlies such that it was easier for families/children to attend.

The gesture of players and coaching staff re pay reductions thereby avoiding liquidation was noted. It was stated that 72% of the current overall cost of running the Club is made up on players’ wages. (The proportion of the overall spend on the first team has been growing over the past 5 years.)

The role of Ally McCoist in orchestrating a solution with the players, coaching staff and the Administrators to ensure Rangers didn’t go into liquidation and that there remained a viable playing staff was highlighted and noted with appreciation by those present.

Visit the official Rangers web site at http://www.rangers.co.uk to catch up on the latest Rangers news, views and interviews and to find out more about our full range of official products and services.
    Last edited by fraser51; 13-03-2012 at 19:45.

Default Re: Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Launched

When I get payed I will be donating 50 maybe 100

If we could get 1.5 Million worth of donations for this it would be fantastic although maybe a wee bit optimistic.

4. Default Re: Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Launched

I have pledged money to SaveRangers.com. This is different though. Now I dont know what to do? This or SaveRangers?

Will there be a running total of how much has been donated?

A weekly update sort of thing?

Thats more like it, 100% of money to the club, get behind it Bears!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bo Andersen View Post
    I have pledged money to SaveRangers.com. This is different though. Now I dont know what to do? This or SaveRangers?
    The Fighting Fund....save Rangers was just pledges this is a fund that can help the club

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbals_Loyal View Post
    Will there be a running total of how much has been donated?

A weekly update sort of thing?
    yes they will be running updates.

KAB is offline Rangers anchor will hold through any storm!

Dont press the like button just yet on fb - the mhanks have got their logo on it.

Can someone report this to the club?

Can you go into any bank and pay or just the Giffnock Branch?

Donation will be made when i get home

Quote Originally Posted by Rossph1 View Post
    SaveRangers.com has nothing to do with the Fighting Fund. It's to do with the share issue once the Blue Knights (hopefully) take over.
    Which will be void now surely?
    The funds going into the club this now is to help during admin.
    If a share issue arises then surely it would be one payment of 50 a year or something like that for your share.
    Thats the way i see it so everything should be going into this.

Good news for those of us far from home who can't attend matches. A way to help.

Thanks to those involved.

will donate 50 on Thursday

Will still have a good few hundred quid there to fire into any future share issue once we're hopefully out of administration

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    Oh there will be much more than that,I dont think the organisers realise just what is about to happen my guess is 20m
    If there is an investment on that level, or a sudden influx, enough to pay off debtors/ administration. What stops, say, the administration ending and Shyster waltzing back in to swindle more money? Does any excess or any amount at all of this go towards possible fan takeover?

Somebody sort out that fb page link. If you press like you get the bheasts logo.

500 donated there.

I aplaud the initiative but my funds are limited and I'd rather hold on to them until The Blue Knights' proposed fans' membership scheme or the like materialises.

I personally want some sort of involvement or something to show for my grand pledged on SaveRangers which I will invest when the time is right rather than just throwing money at the current problem.

However, the two schemes can co-exist and I take my hat off to anyone who contributes to this or waits for a future fans' share issue etc.

The difference between RFFF and SaveRangers (I believe) is that SaveRangers was offering the option to buy shares in the club?

Quote Originally Posted by sherbrook_loyal View Post
    I aplaud the initiative but my funds are limited and I'd rather hold on to them until The Blue Knights' proposed fans' membership scheme or the like materialises.

I personally want some sort of involvement or something to show for my grand pledged on SaveRangers which I will invest when the time is right rather than just throwing money at the current problem.

However, the two schemes can co-exist and I take my hat off to anyone who contributes to this or waits for a future fans' share issue etc.
    Stick in a fiver then.

Forgive my ignorance but who is Andrew McCormack?

Quote Originally Posted by uddingstonbluenose View Post
    If there is an investment on that level, or a sudden influx, enough to pay off debtors/ administration. What stops, say, the administration ending and Shyster waltzing back in to swindle more money? Does any excess or any amount at all of this go towards possible fan takeover?
    the money goes into the Assembly bank account, and will be used by the fighting fund commitee no one else will get near it, the money will not be used to fill any black hole or for any tax bill. the money will be used to assist the administrators in the day to day running of the club.

Am I missing something here.

Admin made cuts so that the club can maintain itself until a takeover is completed. We were told to "keep our powder dry" and keep hold of our cash until it was time for the fans to invest.

What are we investing in here? Why are we being asked to put money into a finanical black hole that will be probably be resolved via a CVA and pence in the pound?

What am I missing?

Did I miss the bit where Walter and Sandy told us of the wedge they were giving to start us off?