Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

  1. #1

    Default San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Congratulations to the San Francisco RSC on reaching their 10th Anniversary recently.
    This fantastic wee RSC will be celebrating this achievement by hosting what is going to be a brilliant few days of partying
    in the Golden Gate City in February
    An additional bonus for me is an old hero of mine – Dave Smith – will be there as a special guest.

    The party will start on Thursday 17th February 2011 which will be the ‘welcome night’,
    Friday will be one of the famous west coast ‘curry night’s’ and Saturday night (19th Feb) will be the Dinner Dance.

    The bus in the pic below has been hired to show the bears and bearettes visiting San Francisco, all the touristy places.

    There will be an early rise on either the Saturday or the Sunday to go along to the Brentwood Bowl (home of sfrsc)
    to watch the Gers winning at the piggery.
    I say early rise, but if it’s a 4.30am kick-off who needs to go to bed anyway?

    The partying officially continues onto Sunday, although for people like myself who are staying on for a few more days,
    the party will go on and on.

    If any Bears or Bearettes are going to be in San Francisco between the 17th and 20th February and you think you’d
    enjoy celebrating with the San Francisco RSC, all the
    details are on the NARSA website at www.narsa.ca


  2. #2

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    that does sound awesome!

    Lovely city, and lovely people. If i happen to win the lottery between now and then, i shall be there

  3. #3

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance


  4. #4

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by congyisizzu View Post
    that does sound awesome!
    Lovely city, and lovely people. If i happen to win the lottery between now and then, i shall be there
    Yes, it will be awesome

  5. #5
    Join Date
    16-01-2009
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    I think there's around 20 or more going down from Vancouver for this event.
    Better get in extra booze.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    20-08-2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    8,824

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    If I had any holidays to use between now & March I'd be there, unfortunately I don't.

  7. #7

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by gomacgers View Post
    Congratulations to the San Francisco RSC on reaching their 10th Anniversary recently.
    This fantastic wee RSC will be celebrating this achievement by hosting what is going to be a brilliant few days of partying
    in the Golden Gate City in February
    An additional bonus for me is an old hero of mine – Dave Smith – will be there as a special guest.

    The party will start on Thursday 17th February 2011 which will be the ‘welcome night’,
    Friday will be one of the famous west coast ‘curry night’s’ and Saturday night (19th Feb) will be the Dinner Dance.

    The bus in the pic below has been hired to show the bears and bearettes visiting San Francisco, all the touristy places.

    There will be an early rise on either the Saturday or the Sunday to go along to the Brentwood Bowl (home of sfrsc)
    to watch the Gers winning at the piggery.
    I say early rise, but if it’s a 4.30am kick-off who needs to go to bed anyway?

    The partying officially continues onto Sunday, although for people like myself who are staying on for a few more days,
    the party will go on and on.

    If any Bears or Bearettes are going to be in San Francisco between the 17th and 20th February and you think you’d
    enjoy celebrating with the San Francisco RSC, all the
    details are on the NARSA website at www.narsa.ca

    It's a possibility that I may be over in LA visiting my brother around that time. I'll have to keep a few days aside for a trip up the coast:roll:


    Cleveleys Loyal

  8. #8

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by kettlebelly View Post
    It's a possibility that I may be over in LA visiting my brother around that time. I'll have to keep a few days aside for a trip up the coast:roll:


    Cleveleys Loyal
    A beautiful wee drive up the PCH, a party in San Fran,
    then back to LA - sounds like a cracking holiday

  9. #9

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    I am a regular visitor to San Francisco and had my last holiday in September this year. Would love to pop in and meet all the Californian bears and bearettes next time I visit.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    24-10-2006
    Location
    PA7
    Posts
    771

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Congrats to the SFRSC on their 10th.Sounds like a great time is lined up ready.
    Enjoy the celebrations guys and gals!

    Jealous as feck loyal

  11. #11

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Can't believe the Burd never gave us a heads up about this do !! Pretty sure I could have convinced Harry Potter and BF to come over

  12. #12
    Join Date
    16-01-2009
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Is anyone from Florida going to this party?

  13. #13

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    San Fran has to be one of the greatest places I have visited.

    Gutted that on the occasions I have been there it has not coincided with a game.

    As another poster said if the numbers came up I would be there like a shot.

    Hope all lucky enough to attend have a ball.

  14. Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Count me in. I'm moving from Chicago to San Fran from January through March so I hope to make it to the club for games more often than not. Hope you're a more friendlier bunch than the Chicago crowd!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    28-07-2006
    Location
    Long Island's North Shore, 1922.
    Posts
    4,031

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    My old man is heading over from Texas for this wee shindig.

  16. #16

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Hope the troops have a great day

    Still have my SF polo shirt from Calgary when they hosted the table I was in

    Great bunch of people

  17. #17

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterbear View Post
    Can't believe the Burd never gave us a heads up about this do !! Pretty sure I could have convinced Harry Potter and BF to come over
    No time to lay pavement padding down for Potter

    Bottle of buckie for BF before takeoff and he'll be fine

  18. #18

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    No time to lay pavement padding down for Potter

    Bottle of buckie for BF before takeoff and he'll be fine
    Sounds like you guys are gonna have a good one !! All the best to the SF Crew and me and Harry will take a couple more shots on the coupon and see if we can swing it, pretty sure you would squeeze us in at the end of a table !! Re BF would take more than the tonic to get him on that flight lol

  19. Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Thanks Gomac. Bus Tour will take place on the Saturday. Time will be 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. With a pick up and drop off at the hotel.

    Game is now scheduled for the Sunday with a 4:45 am kickoff so plan accordingly.

    HTL

  20. #20
    Join Date
    28-07-2006
    Posts
    9,680

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance



    .A parade over yon wee bridge would be awsome

  21. #21

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by gersmad View Post


    .A parade over yon wee bridge would be awsome
    There was one in 2006, it was brilliant.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    30-08-2006
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    If anyone attending this event intends to visit Alcatraz,
    remember and book in advance, especially if you want
    to do the evening tour as the numbers allowed are limited.

  23. #23

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sunday_Scot View Post
    Is anyone from Florida going to this party?
    If G/G isn't going, could you please send Gisela

  24. #24
    Join Date
    16-01-2009
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance



    Is there going to be a bar on this bus?

  25. Default Re: San Francisco RSC 10th Anniversary Party/Dinner Dance

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sunday_Scot View Post


    Is there going to be a bar on this bus?
    We'll see what we can do

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •