Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Henderson View Post
    Here's a first. I actually agree with you on this.

Hypocrisy by those demanding SS and calling bears who might not want to move selfish.

Until all the assessments and fact finding is completed we will just have to wait. Some are not happy with timescales either but if it's being done let's do it right whilst trying to please as many bears as possible. No doubt some will be upset on both sides.

I have said previously on another thread that if the club want it to happen then it will and so be it.
    I'm the Copland Rear and in all honesty I will be píshed off if I have to relocate.

If there is a cost to the club re safe standing, there should be an additional cost for the people that want it.

Imagine the entire Copland was a safe standing area, one single tier like the Kop?

Would be immense.

3. Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Quote Originally Posted by bertram View Post
    I'm the Copland Rear and in all honesty I will be píshed off if I have to relocate.

If there is a cost to the club re safe standing, there should be an additional cost for the people that want it.
    Why would you have to relocate? Imagine how good it would be keeping your place but standing? The Copland would become one of the loudest and best curvas in Europe if it was all SS. 10,000 giving it lady .

Edit... shit meant to quote rangeral on post 43!

This is the way ahead, to hell with just following the tims.

If we increased the capacity by 1.5 times which the Germans have done perfectly safely, then it would create more availability and choice for the movers who would understandably want a good alternative seat when they swapped with existing ST holders.

When the Copland Front was built iirc it's capacity was 3,200. Now I know it's been changed over the years due to health and safety etc but we can use this as a working example. An extra 1600 would make just short of 5000. What an atmosphere thst would be...

Ps yes I know that Uefa have rules of all seater stadiums for European games, but if we hooked up with the Germans as well as plenty of other likeminded clubs all over the continent then we could successfully lobby for change, after all who invented the champions league in the first place?
    Last edited by The Blue Iceberg; 04-09-2017 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheline View Post
    No.

Those that want safe standing are blinded by their own selfishness, demanding that someone happy with their view for nearly 40 year should move.
    For me, at Ibrox, Rangers' concerns come above my own.

I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good of Rangers.

I won't hinder them in their efforts to improve- in an area that needs improved greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Iceberg View Post
    Edit... shit meant to quote rangeral on post 43!

This is the way ahead, to hell with just following the tims.

If we increased the capacity by 1.5 times which the Germans have done perfectly safely, then it would create more availability and choice for the movers who would understandably want a good alternative seat when they swapped with existing ST holders.

When the Copland Front was built iirc it's capacity was 3,200. Now I know it's been changed over the years due to health and safety etc but we can use this as a working example. An extra 1600 would make just short of 5000. What an atmosphere thst would be...

Ps yes I know that Uefa have rules of all seater stadiums for European games, but if we hooked up with the Germans as well as plenty of other likeminded clubs all over the continent then we could successfully lobby for change, after all who invented the champions league in the first place?
    I doubt we could simply be able increase capacity just like that and is not just about to hell following them, they are restricted to their current capacity as it part of securing their own safety certificate and terms that go with have rail seating included with their stadium

When we go ahead with it will be 1 person 1 seat

Quote Originally Posted by ontheline View Post
    No.

Those that want safe standing are blinded by their own selfishness, demanding that someone happy with their view for nearly 40 year should move.
    Sorry but the atmosphere and match day experience comes before wee Joe that's sat in his seat for 40 years gabbing shite to the guy next to him

Put safe standing into an area and those who don't want to stand can be moved elsewhere.

Those that want to remain and stand, remain.

Simple as that

This nonsense about "I've sat here for 30 years n am no moving" is a weak argument and is a reason why the atmosphere is so shit these days

if families have 3-4 seats together will they be accommodated OR will they be relocated to singles seats wherever available?

I am a supporter of SS but Bertram raises a very important point that must be addressed.

Not that we really needed much proof but this thread shows just how fickle we as a support can be.

10. Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Quote Originally Posted by MearnsUnionist View Post
    I am a supporter of SS but Bertram raises a very important point that must be addressed.
    They'll be given like for like seating where possible you'd imagine. Where not possible , as close as they can get.

People are making too much of this as if it's atom splitting and complicated - of course care must be taken to ensure people are happy , but it really is a straightforward thing to do .

i'm in the CR 2 if they plan to move it up there i'll renew or relocate no biggy its a plastic seat , what about those in the CF that are in the CCCs for away games & priority semi finals & finals ? do they sit in away seats & then compare it to their ST seat ??

Quote Originally Posted by TorinoFC View Post
    Why would you have to relocate? Imagine how good it would be keeping your place but standing? The Copland would become one of the loudest and best curvas in Europe if it was all SS. 10,000 giving it lady .
    Would it? Is people not having a seat going to make the place erupt with match day passion? I doubt it - will end up an ultra thing again that your every day punter over 21 will get pissed off with.

Encouraging noises - exactly what I want to be hearing.

Let's gt this done - Copland Front, it has to be.

Approx 3,000 seats converted to safe standing - meaning approx 47,000 of you will still be able to have a seat.

Edit... For Furks Sake Man! Once again I meant to quote rangeral this time on post 56!

Safety certificates are easily achieved in Germany for ratios of up to 1 to 1.8 and German engineering is known to be as good as anywhere in the world.

In this life I've found that you need to strive for the best if you want to achieve anything, if we're going to do this we should do it right, what do we have to lose?

If successful this helps to solve the relocation issue, as well as generating more atmosphere and cash at the turnstyles...win win win!

Time to lead again not follow the scum is my point!
    Last edited by The Blue Iceberg; 04-09-2017 at 12:55.

As soon as this idea came up I knew there would be issues around people having to move.

Remember the boycott during the 14/15 season? Everyone knew the club was being run into the ground by complete charlatans yet still they renewed as they didn't want to give up their seat.

If they wouldn't give it up when the very future of the club was at stake they won't give it up because people want to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post
    As soon as this idea came up I knew there would be issues around people having to move.

Remember the boycott during the 14/15 season? Everyone knew the club was being run into the ground by complete charlatans yet still they renewed as they didn't want to give up their seat.

If they wouldn't give it up when the very future of the club was at stake they won't give it up because people want to stand.
    Incorrect. A lot of good Bears sacrificed the seats they had used for years in order to help the club survive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Iceberg View Post
    Edit... For Furks Sake Man! Once again I meant to quote rangeral this time on post 56!

Safety certificates are easily achieved in Germany for ratios of up to 1 to 1.8 and German engineering is known to be as good as anywhere in the world.

In this life I've found that you need to strive for the best if you want to achieve anything, if we're going to do this we should do it right, what do we have to lose?

If successful this helps to solve the relocation issue, as well as generating more atmosphere and cash at the turnstyles...win win win!

Time to lead again not follow the scum is my point!
    You are good on post quoting!!!!

Whats happens in other countries doesn't reflect on what happens here

We could apply for a 1.5-1 ratio but we won't get it to start with it will be 1-1 it not about leading it more factual and in truth i reckon why they a trial period is in due course they will increase capacity via this but not for the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post

A very good point. Club is in a no win situation here unless it offers a huge sweetener to those in the Copland Front such as a big discount.
    Even then there will be those who don't want to move.
    Will all standing be on a rover style ticket, will it increase capacity, will it impede the views of those in the Govan East, will it see a rise in the use of pyrotechnics, is there a guarantee the atmosphere will improve markedly? For me it's the game that raises the atmosphere, not if you're standing up. Allowing groups of friends to stand together would help though hence the question mark over rover tickets.
    A lot of unanswered questions for me and if there was to be a trial of it I think it would be in the Govan East to start with.
    I personally don't see the club giving over the entire Copland Front for it and are buying time at the moment in the hope the clamour for it dissipates.
    Last edited by ColonelBlue; 04-09-2017 at 13:18.

19. Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Enclosure is where it should be

Unless im mistaken the players dont need to see you on the telly

Unless its actually about being famous and on the telly rather than helping the team

Imagine the atmosphere playing the tims at home. With the extra capacity of fans getting in, and we go 1 nil up. It's scary thinking about it.

I am lucky as I'm in the GR so do not think SS will be an option there. You and a lot of other bears would be right in being pissed off if you had to move to somewhere you didn't want to go.

Those that call other bears names, selfish, mock them for allegedly having an affiliation to a plastic seat should grow up. They should look at their attitude.

I have sat in the seat I am now for a number of years and would not be too happy if I was put somewhere I didn't really want to be. Of course the club have the ultimate say and I think they will be as fair as possible with everyone.

Your right there should be a premium price paid for SS and this will help to claw back costs of putting it in and maintaining it. So they want it then let them pay for it.

I wonder what the atmosphere will be after a few weeks of SS. After all the greeting and name calling I hope it doesn't go back to what it is now.

22. Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Quote Originally Posted by rangers500 View Post
    Would it? Is people not having a seat going to make the place erupt with match day passion? I doubt it - will end up an ultra thing again that your every day punter over 21 will get pissed off with.
    It's an accepted fact that safe standing promotes a better atmosphere within a stadium . Look no further than Germany . Even the stad de gadd with the groin mob have improved it regardless of their bile they spout .

An all standing Copland would be immense .

Low and behold the usual greeting faced failures are on twitter vilifying club1872 statement.

By failures, I mean those who continually tried to get on the 1872 board but failed, continually.

Quote Originally Posted by TorinoFC View Post
    dortmund's south bank holds two and a half times that figure and is the benchmark for safe standing tribunes in europe.

we have a hell of a long way to go before we can talk about being the best.

At the end of the day it isn't going to happen unless the support fund it, or until such time as we have a winning team on the park.
    No way is Dave King going to stand up at the AGM and say well we finished second to Celtic but guess what? We have spent part of our budget to give you safe standing.