Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 93 of 93

Thread: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

  1. #76
    Join Date
    15-07-2012
    Location
    We shall emerge stronger.
    Posts
    7,507

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    This is OUR chance to take our ICONIC stadium back.

    We and the Club must use it as an opportunity to CURB the mhanky allocation when they infest our Broomloan Stand.



    We will never have a chance like it again.



    We want it and the Club know we want it.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    06-05-2007
    Location
    Ballymena
    Posts
    5,486

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Im currently in the BF and would love it come there but cant see it due to having to accommodate them other shower of scum (a whole debate on its own)

    Id say it will more than likely be the Copeland. It would be a mighty scramble for tickets in it as everyone will want to go there

  3. Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Brilliant news and can't happen soon enough. Needs a mature approach from all concerned including aging middle aged gits like me who've had a seat for a long time allowing the younger generation to flourish.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    02-08-2008
    Posts
    8,488
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelBlue View Post
    At the end of the day it isn't going to happen unless the support fund it, or until such time as we have a winning team on the park.
    No way is Dave King going to stand up at the AGM and say well we finished second to Celtic but guess what? We have spent part of our budget to give you safe standing.
    The Tarriers' section cost them 500k, which IMO is money well spent if it improves the match day atmosphere. I reckon the fans could raise a fair amount through crowd funding to cover the costs.

    Safe standing makes perfect business sense for the club. It'll improve the match day experience and encourage more people to attend games, particularly for cup games which rarely get close to selling out. This increased traffic will result in the club generating additional revenue through ticket sales, merchandise and food & drink. Safe standing sections are also far cheaper to maintain than seated, as the seating/railings are near impossible to break.

    Please get it done Rangers.

  5. #80

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by ontheline View Post
    No.

    Those that want safe standing are blinded by their own selfishness, demanding that someone happy with their view for nearly 40 year should move.
    i don't believe it, but i'm in total agreement with you

  6. Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by s_mac View Post
    dortmund's south bank holds two and a half times that figure and is the benchmark for safe standing tribunes in europe.

    we have a hell of a long way to go before we can talk about being the best.
    I said one of the best , would be top twenty at least .

  7. #82
    Join Date
    21-06-2016
    Location
    Mearns or Pollensa
    Posts
    1,960

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by TorinoFC View Post
    It's an accepted fact that safe standing promotes a better atmosphere within a stadium . Look no further than Germany . Even the stad de gadd with the groin mob have improved it regardless of their bile they spout .

    An all standing Copland would be immense .


    Can't comment on their week to week atmosphere, but there's no question the atmosphere at the piggery is way less intimidating for old firm games now than it used to be.

    When I started going all the tarriers would sing as one, now it's really just their SS section singing all their pishy wee ultra songs.

    I reckon that we could show them how it should be done.

  8. #83

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebunny1 View Post
    The timescales for this are not great. The statement says that there is no prospect of safe standing being in place prior to the start of 2018-19 season. Given that the work cannot take place during a season, then this means that we are looking at the start of 2019-20 season. at best.

    I don't understand why all studies, consultation & planning cannot be done in the coming months. If it gets the green light, then get it in place for the start of next season. Ibrox desperately needs to have an improved atmosphere.
    Until then move the union bears to the corner and the away fans to BF1 absalutely no reason that can't happen.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    04-10-2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    People being "pissed off" about moving

    No one will be forced to move you have the option to be in the same area it will just be a standing area. If you do not want to stand then and only then will the discussions on relocating come up

  10. #85

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by aldojack View Post
    People being "pissed off" about moving

    No one will be forced to move you have the option to be in the same area it will just be a standing area. If you do not want to stand then and only then will the discussions on relocating come up
    Don't understand it myself there 1st in line to be part of something special.

    As it stands the Rangers end is a embarrassment atmosphere wise.

  11. #86

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Why does the ibrox disaster get mentioned in the statement???

  12. #87

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by gramps1 View Post
    Don't understand it myself there 1st in line to be part of something special.

    As it stands the Rangers end is a embarrassment atmosphere wise.
    Lots of our fans don't want to stand at the games so they're going to have to move if it does happen.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    23-12-2008
    Location
    TROON, AYRSHIRE
    Posts
    686

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by torinofc View Post
    why would you have to relocate? Imagine how good it would be keeping your place but standing? The copland would become one of the loudest and best curvas in europe if it was all ss. 10,000 giving it lady.
    rules !!!!

  14. #89

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyjohn View Post
    The Tarriers' section cost them 500k, which IMO is money well spent if it improves the match day atmosphere. I reckon the fans could raise a fair amount through crowd funding to cover the costs.

    Safe standing makes perfect business sense for the club. It'll improve the match day experience and encourage more people to attend games, particularly for cup games which rarely get close to selling out. This increased traffic will result in the club generating additional revenue through ticket sales, merchandise and food & drink. Safe standing sections are also far cheaper to maintain than seated, as the seating/railings are near impossible to break.

    Please get it done Rangers.
    That has to be balanced against potentially alienating three thousand loyal paying punters.
    Not quite as simple as you state and will require research to back up those projections on both sides.

  15. #90

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelBlue View Post
    That has to be balanced against potentially alienating three thousand loyal paying punters.
    Not quite as simple as you state and will require research to back up those projections on both sides.
    Al bet there's a good percentage of those in the CF go to away games where everyone stands.
    Why won't they do it at ibrox???

  16. #91

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    The quicker this safe standing comes in the better
    A don't really care were it is it has to be done
    I'm in Copland front a don't mind standing

    WATP

  17. #92

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue<3 View Post
    For me, at Ibrox, Rangers' concerns come above my own.

    I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good of Rangers.

    I won't hinder them in their efforts to improve- in an area that needs improved greatly.
    It isn't a concern of Rangers though.
    It is the concern of a bunch of selfish fans.

    The fans are the Club.
    This is a very small group, screaming like spoiled wee brats.
    Not wanting an inch but to control who goes where, what goes where and when.

    Think yourself lucky it is being considered.
    If it was a straight majority wins vote, those in favour would lose.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    Just rolling around
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

    Quote Originally Posted by s_mac View Post
    dortmund's south bank holds two and a half times that figure and is the benchmark for safe standing tribunes in europe.

    we have a hell of a long way to go before we can talk about being the best.
    Only the rear is rail seating the front is a traditional terrace which has to be reconfigured for seating for European games. Absolutely no chance of replicating that in Scotland.








    It's doubtful you'd even get 1:1 in the Copland front and to get more than 1:1 you'd have to completely rebuild the front so it becomes 2 steps per seat instead of the current one.

    People shooting their loads at what is basically a holding statement need a reality check.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •