Thread: Darius Vassell on his time in Turkey at Ankaragucu

Default Darius Vassell on his time in Turkey at Ankaragucu

Interesting read, and an insight into how difficult it can be for foreigners moving abroad, especially to clubs who have off field problems.

http://ankarafootball.blogspot.co.uk....html?m=0#more

PS - you might be better clicking in the guardian article on the above link as it will be easier to read

Default Re: Darius Vassell on his time in Turkey at Ankaragucu

A very good read and just underlines the fact that Turkish football is very corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by shotts10 View Post
    A very good read and just underlines the fact that Turkish football is very corrupt.
    Ive been supporting Ankaragucu for 9 years and watch a lot of Turkish football. Its the single biggest factor that holds Turkish football back

Quote Originally Posted by Gecekondu View Post
    Ive been supporting Ankaragucu for 9 years and watch a lot of Turkish football. Its the single biggest factor that holds Turkish football back
    It's a shame as there's some great teams in turkey , galatasaray , fenerbahce , trazbonspor and my favourite , Besiktas , just for their badge

Willie Woodburn is offline "I never fancied playing for another club anyway."

Good read, thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by calvinist View Post
    It's a shame as there's some great teams in turkey , galatasaray , fenerbahce , trazbonspor and my favourite , Besiktas , just for their badge
    Its getting a lot more competitive now with a few good sides outside of the Istanbul teams but the introduction of Passolig system has killed a lot of the crowds and also corruption as mentioned above

Was reading recently that Paul Le Guen is now Bursaspor manager. What happened to them after they won the league and played us in the CL? Did something dodgy go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Woodburn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroomloanWATP View Post
    Was reading recently that Paul Le Guen is now Bursaspor manager. What happened to them after they won the league and played us in the CL? Did something dodgy go on?
    They won the league and then lost most of their key players plus brought in some amount of poor signings mate
    He has just taken over and looks to have a decent side on paper. Time will tell if it works out for him

Fair enough, it happens. I hope it does work out, no real interest in Turkish football (I'm actually half-Greek ) but I've no hard feelings against PLG.

Christ, they had Jerome Rotten with them as well...

That's a cracking read!

Quote Originally Posted by calvinist View Post
    I was kicking about in a galatasaray shirt in sheffield the night before the friendly a few weeks back, simply because it was comfortable wear on the megabus down and I hadn't been to my digs yet. Had a guy come up to me giving it big talk about how Gala hate us and they're the celtic club and I should support fener. I thought he was joking at first but he was genuinely ready for a square go over it.

Whenever I think Turkish football I just think...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacrispy View Post

Pedro has a little bit of Souness in him.

I'd love him to do this at Parkhead when we return to the top.

Good read,thanks for sharing.

Boyd said similar.

Really enjoyed elements of it. However, the game and the corruption ruined it for him.

Fair play to the guys who take the chance and give it a go.

I wonder if anyone's willing to pay a couple of million each for Miller and Kranjcar

Cmon you crazy bastards, both are experienced

Quote Originally Posted by robandmundt View Post
    I was kicking about in a galatasaray shirt in sheffield the night before the friendly a few weeks back, simply because it was comfortable wear on the megabus down and I hadn't been to my digs yet. Had a guy come up to me giving it big talk about how Gala hate us and they're the celtic club and I should support fener. I thought he was joking at first but he was genuinely ready for a square go over it.
    Doesn't surprise me, every thread about another team leads to an argument along those lines...

Darius Vassell arriving in Turkey is hilarious. The fans are acting as if they've signed Lionel Messi, and Vassell looks genuinely confused about why he's there. Mad bunch

Quote Originally Posted by robandmundt View Post
    Whoever said that to you is talking nonsense mate. Turkish teams wont care about Rangers or Celtic.

That said i know a lot of Galatasaray fans who do like us due to Tugay and Souness.

Quote Originally Posted by thomyorke_legend1 View Post
    Darius Vassell arriving in Turkey is hilarious. The fans are acting as if they've signed Lionel Messi, and Vassell looks genuinely confused about why he's there. Mad bunch

I go over every season for a game and the fans are class mate. Average about 18,000 - 23,000 at home games and the atmosphere is class

Quote Originally Posted by Jacrispy View Post

This was brilliant.