Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Shares

1. Default Arsenal Shares

Back in 2012 one of the most horrifying acts committed by Craig Whiyte was to sell the shares Rangers had held in Arsenal FC
    We as a club had bought these shares in early 1900s when Arsenal were in some financial difficulties.
    Over the years we had a strong relationship with The Gunners that seemed to fade somewhat as more and more Irish expats started to follow that club.
    However I remember at the time Whyte sold these off for 230,000 (I think) the then owner assured us that when we got out of our then difficulties the shares would be offered back to the club.
    Does anyone know if that ever happened or is that just another piece of wanton vandalism from one of the shysters that stole our club?

Default Re: Arsenal Shares

I'd imagine if it had happened we'd all know about it.

One of the most disgusting acts committed by that googley eyed prick and his band of ****s.

3. Default Re: Arsenal Shares

I would imagine like everything else we lost they will remain lost.

Far more important things to spend money on. Maybe Arsenal would like to help us out by loaning us Mesut Ozil and Giroud free of charge for a year instead?

Nostalgia. Forget these shares. They will never be back. Unless Rangers buy Arsenal one day.

I don't recall them being possibly available at some point in the future

I thought the general consensus was that they were bought by one of the foreigners who were fighting for control

Blog Entries

Pretty sure this is, sadly, a non-starter.
    Was mentioned in an Arsenal Fan TV episode covering the matter that the shares ownership was technically against UEFA rules - conflicts of interests and all that. UEFA however turned a blind eye to this due to the historical nature of the situation.

No chance would such a thing be allowed in the present day and unfortunately it will be consigned to the history books thanks to that bastard Whyte

There's a long running battle for control of Arsenal where every share counts so there's no chance of us getting them.

Arsenal's share price has been increasing steadily. The 16 shares Rangers sold would now cost a lot more to buy, probably more like 330,000.

However it is also quite likely that it was the oldco which sold the shares rather than the club. So any "right" to buy them back, if it ever existed is probably gone.

Just have to live with this one I would have thought.

10. Default Re: Arsenal Shares

They were bought by the Ukrainian were they not?

There was no buy back option. That cu.nt knew what he was doing. Why would he ask for a buy back option?

Quote Originally Posted by super_ally_the2nd View Post
    Pretty sure this is, sadly, a non-starter.
    Was mentioned in an Arsenal Fan TV episode covering the matter that the shares ownership was technically against UEFA rules - conflicts of interests and all that. UEFA however turned a blind eye to this due to the historical nature of the situation.

No chance would such a thing be allowed in the present day and unfortunately it will be consigned to the history books thanks to that bastard Whyte
    Why that bassard is still able to walk the streets I will never know. I go out of my way hoping I will bump in to the rat!

Quote Originally Posted by barneybear View Post
    Why that bassard is still able to walk the streets I will never know. I go out of my way hoping I will bump in to the rat!
    and me too mate.me too.one day..........

Don't remember any buy back deal.
    Shyte just saw s. He probably didn't even know the historical significance of the shares.
    230k is insignificant in comparison to the history attached to them.

It is against FIFA rules to buy shares in any other Club.
    We had them before the rule was introduced.
    They are gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by IbroxiBear99 View Post
    and me too mate.me too.one day..........
    Maybe we could invite him for a chat in the Louden?

W.A.T.P.

I always thought the original share's were gifted to us not bought?

Iv never got him selling them.

His whole plan was to run out of money as soon as he could, why sell them?

It stinks of an act of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhlrsc View Post
    I always thought the original share's were gifted to us not bought?
    There were 2 lots. First ones were purchased and about 10 years later when Arsenal were on a sound footing other shares were gifted as a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC View Post
    Arsenal's share price has been increasing steadily. The 16 shares Rangers sold would now cost a lot more to buy, probably more like 330,000.

However it is also quite likely that it was the oldco which sold the shares rather than the club. So any "right" to buy them back, if it ever existed is probably gone.

Just have to live with this one I would have thought.
    16 shares at 330,000 is just incredible and hits home just how far ahead they are financially than us. As others have said, this was one of the most disgusting things that happened over the last 5 years.

How that **** got away with all his crimes still makes me so angry. Poisonous rat piece of shite

Its a disgrace that shower of crooks were allowed anywhere near our club. On a side note i find it pretty sad that arsenal dont do a wee bit in return for us after what we saved them from. A few decent loanees , friendlies etc till we are back on our feet would help us a hell of a lot. Not too much to ask of a club who are totally minted with money and excess players that would not be in existence if it wasn't for us . All their supporters have us to thank they are all not spurs and chelsea fans. Not that there is anything wrong with Chelsea.

It was a shameful thing to do.

He might as well have popped down to the Antiques Roadshow and tried to hawk the Loving Cup.

Typical act of a "businessman" with no understanding of the true value of a football club. ( A bit like the man who sold one to him.)

Quote Originally Posted by RinosPaws View Post
    Iv never got him selling them.

His whole plan was to run out of money as soon as he could, why sell them?

It stinks of an act of spite.
    CW used the money for anything he wanted to. Just because Rangers FC owned the shares didn't mean they would benefit from the sale.

Thing is we're still here and still the world's most successful club. In spite of everything. Rangers supporters can look forward to a bright exciting future.

Quote Originally Posted by highlanderger View Post
    Its a disgrace that shower of crooks were allowed anywhere near our club. On a side note i find it pretty sad that arsenal dont do a wee bit in return for us after what we saved them from. A few decent loanees , friendlies etc till we are back on our feet would help us a hell of a lot. Not too much to ask of a club who are totally minted with money and excess players that would not be in existence if it wasn't for us . All their supporters have us to thank they are all not spurs and chelsea fans. Not that there is anything wrong with Chelsea.
    We will establish and grow working relations with clubs who share our outlook. Rangers don't need any charity.

If I remember correctly Alisher Usmanov bought the shares. There is no way he will part with them.