Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joe Dodoo now scoring on his debut

Default Re: Joe Dodoo now scoring on his debut

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcLeod89 View Post
    This excuse people keep coming up with is absolute nonsense! The weight of the badge ,playing in front of 40-50k fans is too much, the expectations.bullshit most players play for the coin. Many successful players have gone down from the SPL to the championship and flopped. It's quite obvious it's the way we play and get managed. Teams play just as defensive against Celtic and they're banging them in.
    Are you suggesting our squad is as good as that lot?

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Are you suggesting our squad is as good as that lot?
    No but they quality of players we have compared with the rest of the SPL we should be able to score alot more and if you had noticed I actually put it down to the real reason which is tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoTorres View Post
    Dodoo was a very good finisher with us, and will be again when he returns. I still think he has a chance to make it with us.
    The manager doesn't think so.

Didn't even give him a squad number.

He is one player I'm glad we didn't sell. Hopefully he continues scoring at Charlton giving his confidence a boost with each goal then really starts to show his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcLeod89 View Post
    No but they quality of players we have compared with the rest of the SPL we should be able to score alot more and if you had noticed I actually put it down to the real reason which is tactics.
    The real reason they score far more than us is because they have far better players right now.

We're not miles ahead of the rest yet. Far better Rangers squads than this one have struggled to win consistently with loads of goals.

We should score more, but we shouldn't be anywhere near the level they are just yet given everything.

Caixanha randomly praising him in one of his first press conferences in an attempt to come across as smart was an instant red flag that he was quite a strange guy

Said it before, but Dodoo is excellent at getting a shot off out of feet - something you can't teach. One touch and bang every time

Dodoo has never played well for us in any game he's started. He done well coming on in games sometimes - not that often in truth.

My view on him is that he looks like a young boy playing next to adults. Hopefully, a loan spell will kick him on.

If someone was forcing me to bet on how he'll do, I'd say he'll struggle to make it at a high level. Happy to be wrong if he turns it around at Rangers or elsewhere.

He needs games and he isn't guaranteed that at ibrox this season. Let him get a full season of 25-30 games under his belt and assess him again in the summer. If he bangs them in this season he is still our player and can come back and become a regular for us next year.

Dodoo was always a strange one for me - looked great coming off the bench, but whenever he started he was generally mince.

Hopefully he gets plenty of match time and comes back to us a player who can add to the squad, it looks like there is a player in there somewhere.