Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James McArthur

Default Re: James McArthur

Last edited by Hap Hapablap; 02-09-2017 at 18:21.

To the OP.

This thread makes a pleasant change from your slabbering over Tim players the last 3 days.

"Ryan Christie would walk into our team"

"Armstrong is a really dynamic midfield player"

"You and I must be in a very, very small minority. Because I am actually going to agree, however I believe his improvement has increased rapidly since Rodgers joined that mob"

The last one about the loathsome Scott Broon.

Anything good to say about they cretins? Keep it to yourself please.

Someone with a better memory can tell me I'm wrong, but for two future Premier League midfielders I remember being quite unimpressed with both of them whenever they played Rangers. I realize it's hard for two players to change the fortune of an entire team but it seemed like we always beat Hamilton easily while they were there. I guess they were pretty young as well.

What's he on? About 60k a week?

I remember the consensus on here being that he was never going to be good enough so no point in going for him when he played up here. We were playing Edu at teh time

Should have signed him way back when he went to Wigan via Hamilton but another player that slipped through our fingers.

6. Default Re: James McArthur

Quote Originally Posted by Totaalvoetbal View Post
    Someone with a better memory can tell me I'm wrong, but for two future Premier League midfielders I remember being quite unimpressed with both of them whenever they played Rangers. I realize it's hard for two players to change the fortune of an entire team but it seemed like we always beat Hamilton easily while they were there. I guess they were pretty young as well.
    I always think that sometimes you become a better player at a certain club your at or the league you're in. Maybe if he came to Rangers he wouldn't have turned out as good as he is playing dross every week. We'll never know but he's made a good career for himself. Maybe we'll sign him one day, but I'll don't think it will be anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by wilso10 View Post
    It's a sickener to say but the reality is even in a year he'll still be out our reach, he's done well at Palace so I think an extension is likely - whether or not he hangs around remains to be seen.

Not to mention the kind of money he'll be on.
    but if he is that much of a Rangers supporter then money wouldn't come into it would it ? Unless your name is Scott Allan of course

Quote Originally Posted by derbybear View Post
    One of the comments was he was too slow. Recon most people were cofusing him with someone with a similar sounding name with strange leanings.
    Both of them were excellent players at the time, McArthur got the 'slow' label because he was wasn't fast, he also wasn't slow.

McArthur and Dorrans should both have been at Rangers years ago.

Dorrans in particular stuck out like a sore thumb at Livingston.

We should be sounding him out right now.

10. Default Re: James McArthur

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    According to a family member I know he would like to play for the dhims.
    No he wouldn't. His family would kick the crap out of him.
    Fact

Guys about 45. Way past his best. Thanks but no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grej View Post
    Guys about 45. Way past his best. Thanks but no thanks
    He's 29...
    Last edited by Crouchy; 03-09-2017 at 00:42.

13. Default Re: James McArthur

I thought he was hopeless. Misplaced passes from kickoff. 30 seconds in and he'd passed it directly to the opposition striker

14. Default Re: James McArthur

That ship sailed some time ago.

The moral of the story being that we must pick up the best of what young Scottish talent there is before they hit the big time in the Premiership and become unaffordable to us.

He said in programme notes last season that he wants to play for Rangers. I posted it on here.

Allardyce preferred Luka Milivojevic and Cabaye in midfield and it appears as though Frank feels the same.

He's been a top performer at Palace since he got here and I would be delighted if he came to Rangers.

Would love to see him play for us, cracking centre midfielder

There was no need in us signing him at the time and I'm glad we didn't. He would have missed out on tons of football on the bench, lost his confidence and wouldn't be the player he is today

Great to see a real Rangers fan doing well down there. His goal against United last season was class

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    According to a family member I know he would like to play for the dhims.
    Would he f**k, they were interested in taking him on loan and he laughed saying his family wouldn't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by unionjock2 View Post
    Would he f**k, they were interested in taking him on loan and he laughed saying his family wouldn't allow it.
    Russell is a massive Celtic fan ffs

Quote Originally Posted by edu93mins View Post
    What's he on? About 60k a week?

I remember the consensus on here being that he was never going to be good enough so no point in going for him when he played up here. We were playing Edu at teh time
    Am I the only one on here that liked Edu?

I'm a bit surprised by the comparisons to Jack and Rossiter earlier in the thread, McArthur is a totally different type in my opinion. Gets forward a lot more and makes things happen.

Whether we could get him or not is a totally different matter. I'm sure he could continue to earn plenty down there.

22. Default Re: James McArthur

Quote Originally Posted by jdilla View Post
    Russell is a massive Celtic fan ffs
    Who is this Russell?

Would be a cracking signing if we could get him back up the road. The type of quality we need to try and start closing the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by StewBlue1972 View Post
    Who is this Russell?
    Johnny Russell - Scotland international and former Dundee United player who scored against us twice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StewBlue1972 View Post
    Who is this Russell?
    The guy under the bush.