Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: International football weekend

Default Re: International football weekend

Quote Originally Posted by choppy72 View Post
    Honestly don't even know who Scotland are up against (1 game or 2) or when the game is scheduled.

I used to love International football - it brought everyone together. France 1998 was brilliant- no one cared who got a goal for Scotland be it a Rangers player or a Celtic player, as long as team performaned well.

Now the football is rubbish and country is split Rangers v the rest even on international weekends also a Nats v the rest thing too. "You cannae be a proper Scotland fan cause yer no a Nat" .... really?

It's sad though.
    I went to the World cup in Italy with one of my directors of the company i worked for.
    Scotland got gubbed in the first game which we watched in Glasgow on tv.
    Flew out and we played Sweden. Won it.

Then Brasil. Leighton threw the baw to a brasilian. Beat.
    I asked my gaffer if he would have stayed and he said yes and so are you!! Was raging!

No time for them now

Switzerland v Andorra being played on a swimming pool by the looks of it.

Had this conversation with an English guy at work, both pissed off as no real football this week
    I knew Scotland had been complaining about playing on a plastic pitch so we figured it was Lithuania (well he did)
    Neither of us knew who England were playing and didn't both googling it
    Both of us I would class as keen football fans. He's a Forest fan so generally we catch up daily on something or other to do with one of our clubs (he loves Barrie and MW)
    More and more international football is football for the non football fan

4. Default Re: International football weekend

Rubbish weekend here in SA, don't even get the euro WC qualifiers this time. Hate international weekends especially so soon into the season. Even the rugby championship has a break this weekend FFS.

Cannot wait. Hopefully Northern Ireland continue their good run and possibly even secure second place on Monday.

I f*cking hate it, utter wank of a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by basiltherat View Post
    Had this conversation with an English guy at work, both pissed off as no real football this week
    I knew Scotland had been complaining about playing on a plastic pitch so we figured it was Lithuania (well he did)
    Neither of us knew who England were playing and didn't both googling it
    Both of us I would class as keen football fans. He's a Forest fan so generally we catch up daily on something or other to do with one of our clubs (he loves Barrie and MW)
    More and more international football is football for the non football fan
    Sorry mate that's utter pish. It's more to do with both your apathy to the team than anything else.

8. Default Re: International football weekend

It's utter guff. I wish they would just do all the games in a oner. Have an international qualifying tournament every other summer, or even run it when there's a winter break. Play them all in December or January or something. They need to revamp the current set up, as it's ****ing shite and nobody is interested in watching games against Gibraltar and the Faroe Islands or Malta.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCalvinVolunteer View Post
    Ruins a good weekend of gambling.

Utter drivel.
    It certainly does. The odds in favour of the favourites are just ridiculous. Very little money to be made. Spain v Italy the highlight of the weekend.

Will watch England tonight but they should be blowing sides like Malta away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aghalee_hero View Post
    Sorry mate that's utter pish. It's more to do with both your apathy to the team than anything else.
    The bloated qualifying competitions and even the finals lead to a lot of precession and meaningless games though.

Put a fiver on Lithuania to win it tonight. Scotland Squad needs an overhaul.

McLean, Shinnie and Christie from the Sheep should all be in the squad, Jack from us and Walker from Hearts. McKay too. Liam Lindsay should be in with a shout if playing well for Barnsley. Look at the lad Kerr at Dundee for right back.

12. Default Re: International football weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton_Blows_g0ats View Post
    Put a fiver on Lithuania to win it tonight. Scotland Squad needs an overhaul.

McLean, Shinnie and Christie from the Sheep should all be in the squad, Jack from us and Walker from Hearts. McKay too. Liam Lindsay should be in with a shout if playing well for Barnsley. Look at the lad Kerr at Dundee for right back.
    5/1 Lithuania is a great price tbf! Totally agree the Scotland Team is rotten - needs the above players you've mentioned involved.
    Callum McGregor should be in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by TN8 View Post
    Utterly despise them. Hopefully it stays dry and I can get the grass done.
    LOL

I've got this evening earmarked for that very thing

Back on topic, and away from grass cutting, I despise the international week.

My lads were planning to come out to see me this weekend, until I stupidly reminded them there was no football on the telly because of the international games. Result, visit aff LOL

Is this the team whose fans boo Rangers players when they come on? Is this the team whose management actively avoid picking a Rangers player, even when clearly they were the best in their position? Is this the team whose owning organisation actively sought to kill off Glasgow Rangers? is it?

Well if it is and that's who we are talking about they can **** right off!
    Last edited by weetam3106; 01-09-2017 at 12:59.

I'm looking forward to the Scotland game tonight.

According to wee chesney, it's not vital Scotland win tonight. How the f.uck he can arrive at that conclusion alone should see him punted.

I am looking forward to the game tonight and really want Scotland to win. However, I think the SFA and Strachan have made such a mess our national team is in a massive downward spiral - we'll achieve nothing whilst we've got a guy that thinks the international job is a job worth of a giggle and the SFA hell bent on destroying Scottish football. They couldn't have done a better job had someone actually paid them millions to destroy the game in Scotland.

For a country that has produced some excellent players over the years we've turned into an absolute joke. Producing very little talent. Giving the job to managers that have no intention of making the most of the limited talent we have. Strachan suggestion tonight isn't a must win sums him and where we are up. The fact the manager has begged Scott Brown to play gives even more away - a guy who has offered absolutely zero to the national game since his first cap. Who is now the captain who can pick and choose when he can be arsed playing. Strachan is a spineless little shit despite his act.

Quote Originally Posted by aghalee_hero View Post
    I can't wait, it's looking like a draw vs the Czechs on Monday night will cement NI's place as 2nd in the group. Should be enough although worst 2nd place does not get playoff spot. If we win it puts us in a great position to actually get seeded for the potential playoff. The Euros was amazing but the World Cup would just be incredible.
    Supporting Northern Ireland and Scotland are like polar opposites at the moment. One team progressing, looking at qualifying for tournaments and a fun atmosphere at games. Scotland support the now is just depressingly backward.

Sore watching NI just now. Surely we can't mess it up in San Marino

Quote Originally Posted by roaring meg View Post
    Sore watching NI just now. Surely we can't mess it up in San Marino
    Lafferty an absolute disgrace. Complete lack of footballing ability.

Blog Entries

2-0 to NI, Magennis with both.

Back in business 3-0. Moscow here we come.

Blog Entries

Czech Republic have equalised against Germany, 1-1.

Blog Entries

Germany back in front!