Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miller holding us back

Default Re: Miller holding us back

A major worry if he has too much influence as to affect Pedros team pick.

This is almost always disastrous for a team

Quote Originally Posted by bobans27 View Post
    Kenny Miller was not the problem today. He was unlucky with his chance in the first half.

Our issue today was midfield imo. He should never have been asked to play left wing, that's not on him though, that comes from the dugout.
    Quote Originally Posted by MearnsUnionist View Post
    It's strange that every manager sees him as a first pick and every pundit compliments his contribution to the side, yet he's constantly ridiculed on here.

Kenny is the least of our problems.
    Sorry but Kenny is one of our biggest problems just now, he was complimented last year because of some late goals, made out he saved us but his totally tally at the end of the season was poor.

I think he is purely in the team because of his attitude and being a model pro, as an example to the others. He can still do a job for us but not 90 mins every week.

His finishing is atrocious. His sitters in every game this season have cost us points.

He'd be nowhere near my starting line up but then I wouldn't have given him a new contract at the end of last season either.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitburnbear View Post
    A major worry if he has too much influence as to affect Pedros team pick.

This is almost always disastrous for a team
    Kenny should have gone last season with our best wishes.

If he is in anyway undermining the manager he should be out the door along with the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybluebear View Post
    Sorry but Kenny is one of our biggest problems just now, he was complimented last year because of some late goals, made out he saved us but his totally tally at the end of the season was poor.

I think he is purely in the team because of his attitude and being a model pro, as an example to the others. He can still do a job for us but not 90 mins every week.
    Yawn Yawn. Lets look at the real issues in our team. If all our players put in the same effort as Kenny Miller every week we would be top of the table. Yesterday we had players not putting in 100%. I would say at least 5. That is where you start the criticism. Dorrans, Alves, Cardozo, Candeias, Windass were all lacking effort in bits of the game. Pedro says we have 5 captains on the field? Not yesterday from where i was sitting. So back of Miller, not worse than him in the team.

Kenny Miller was not the problem today. He was unlucky with his chance in the first half.

Our issue today was midfield imo. He should never have been asked to play left wing, that's not on him though, that comes from the dugout.
    Unlucky?

Should have hit the net for the third week in a row

He isn't good enough

You can just see him being our interim manager if/when Pedro departs. He knows it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynblue View Post
    You can just see him being our interim manager if/when Pedro departs. He knows it as well.
    Fucking cheers for that. Had not even crossed my mind until you mentioned it.

Pena for Miller on Sunday, just play him and see how it goes.

Pedri has never been afraid to drop players apart from Miller which is worrying.

what team does anything with a 38 year old as a number 10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynblue View Post
    DoF will already be identifying candidates to replace Pedro for when the time comes. That will be a normal part of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by albertz84 View Post
    Pena for Miller on Sunday, just play him and see how it goes.

Pedri has never been afraid to drop players apart from Miller which is worrying.

what team does anything with a 38 year old as a number 10 ?
    Roma?

but seriously, you are right.

The issue is Kenny is always 'unlucky' with these sort of chances, when in reality a good player would score them.

It's not Miller holding us back, it's guys like Pena and Herrera who we paid relatively big fees for and have contributed absolutely nothing.

Miller plays because he's still our most potent atracking threat, that's not his fault. It is pretty damning for some of his teammates and the manager who signed them.

Quote Originally Posted by muthacupboard View Post
    It's not Miller holding us back, it's guys like Pena and Herrera who we paid relatively big fees for and have contributed absolutely nothing.

Miller plays because he's still our most potent atracking threat, that's not his fault. It is pretty damning for some of his teammates and the manager who signed them.
    This is a great point. However poor Miller has been, and trust me I think he's been foul all season, at least he is actually contributing. 3 of our main summer signings are offering the square root of f*ck all

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Hilts View Post
    Play him as a forward or dont play him at all
    If he is considered down the pecking order as a striker the most he should expect is a place on the bench.

16. Default Re: Miller holding us back

I think impact sub and up front only are the way it's going for Kenny. Potentially he could play as a lone striker against the tims for an hour before bringing Morelos on to run them hard, but no doubt he'll get a spot at left mid.

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton_loyalist View Post
    Roma?

but seriously, you are right.
    lol they didnt win anything but yea Totti and Giggs are the main 2 that come to mind.

Ok he wasnt the only problem but if we are playing442 the two have to be closer together.

The opposition must be pissing themselves when the main threat they face every week is a guy pushing 38 years of age. Kenny has been a great servant to the club, but we can't go on like this.

38 year old says it all for me.

I wrote him off a couple of times in the past and he proved me wrong.

This time though, he really does look like he is coming to the end of the road.

Never a wide man or a midfielder but a forward only, a forward who seems to be slowing down with each passing week .

Shades of Jig being shunted all over the place in order to keep him in the side , Kenny might be useful as a last ten minutes impact sub but not much else anymore I'm afraid.

Been a great servant since his return but needs put out to pasture if we are going to be serious about challenging .

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniels78 View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if he just got subbed like everyone else but instead he gets put on the wing or in midfield
    This I cant understand either? He was always just a striker with pace, never brilliant technically so why now in his last few seasons has he been utilised in the number ten role who's normally more comfortable on the ball with a good first touch before threading through a clever pass??

23. Default Re: Miller holding us back

Never had anything but pace, when thats gone yes he's holding us back. Fortunately for him theres much worse out there

Quote Originally Posted by muthacupboard View Post

We'll find out tomorrow

Windy's days are numbered but he has exceeded my expectations before when I thought he was done, this time next week he has a chance to be a hero, need to use our potential future manager sparingly, generally I want to see less Mexicans in the team!