Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miller holding us back

Default Re: Miller holding us back

It's strange that every manager sees him as a first pick and every pundit compliments his contribution to the side, yet he's constantly ridiculed on here.

Kenny is the least of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Super Bad View Post
    No but I do wonder if PC feels he's such a powerful influence inside the dressing room or with the press he needs to keep him onside.
    Not saying he does but if that was true then there is absolutely no way he should be anywhere near the managers role at Rangers.

Far worse than him playing.

No but I do wonder if PC feels he's such a powerful influence inside the dressing room or with the press he needs to keep him onside.
    There is a question to be asked regarding Miller. He is playing a role that he is not really suited to and that does not suit the tactics Pedro is using. If he is going against the manager's instructions then there is a problem. If he is following the manager's instructions, there is a problem.

As usual KM kept dropping deep, leaving Morelos isolated. He doesn't have enough football in him to play that role well and we don't need it. In a game where Hearts packed their defence we were often resigned to getting down the flanks but the resulting crosses were for the most part dealt with because we had no one to attack the ball in the air and always seem to be short in numbers in the box at these moments. Herrera was badly missed today. We need a player of that sort to attack it or at least cause havoc for others to scramble it in. Would like to see H and Morelos playing as a pair and staying up front.

6. Default Re: Miller holding us back

If he starts next week the Pedro Caixinha lacks balls.

How you can keep on picking Miller is any ones guess. He's rotten, done.

Quote Originally Posted by bobans27 View Post
    Kenny Miller was not the problem today. He was unlucky with his chance in the first half.

Our issue today was midfield imo. He should never have been asked to play left wing, that's not on him though, that comes from the dugout.
    Thought the same until I seen the replay. He hit it straight at the goalie from just about the six yard box.

Desperately needs dropped.

The fact he's seemingly undroppable suggests he's maybe got more influence than we think within the club.

He should have been subbed but again wasn't. He gets shoehorned in. Any time he drops deeper or wider it's like a man down..

It's got to stop but isn't our only problem though hearts parked the bloody bus yesterday we created very little.

He is rotten. Needs to be dropped urgently.

Still think he can do a job for us as a sub but only if he stays up front. His problem is he seems to think he's a better footballer than he is. He maybe thinks that moving back will prolong his career. He's simply not got the legs or the ability to play the role he wants to. Pedro must drop him for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacrispy View Post
    Desperately needs dropped.

The fact he's seemingly undroppable suggests he's maybe got more influence than we think within the club.
    I think it's been proven that he has.
    Miller shouldn't have been given another contract he needs dropped but we need more options wide and upfront.

Totally agree that Miller needs dropped. His best days are well behind him, and his touch at times is shocking.
    He seems to do hard things well and struggles with easy passes and control.

Once you surrender power to the players, you are finished regardless of whether they are onside or not.

It's a tricky one- LeGuen tried to stamp his authority by binning Ferguson, and lost immediately.

For Pedro, I actually think he would gain favour with the fans if he took a decision against Miller.

This was a game Rossiter should have played in instead of Miller. The boy could have stamped his authority on the match. Now he's fit, he's starting to look like class and deserves his chance.

Oh, and Morelos is showing what Miller SHOULD be doing, hustling up front, lots of work, closing things down and looking for a move to get in for a shot.

Miller tracking way back to block a guy making a run down our left wing, might seem like he's contributing a lot, but in reality we need that energy up front getting goals.

17. Default Re: Miller holding us back

He was great for us in a poor team last year. Yesterday he lost the ball 7 times in the first half breaking down play and momentum. They stats are simply not good enough for a rangers forward.

Over the last few seasons how many players have been the problem, but when replaced there is no difference.
    Until we start to replace players with ones who are currently playing well at a higher level that we're in now then we're going to struggle.
    Gambling must of our budget on Pena and Herrera was baffling

disagree with those saying he's rotten - he's far from that, it's just that he slows us down, drags us out of shape, lacks pace and seems to be wearing someone else's boots.

He just gets in the way and I thin he's a massive problem for our team. Some think he is the team but I really think Miller is a problem more than anything.

Another striker should be brought in before the end of the window somebody Morelos can build a proper partnership with. If it's Pedro telling kenny to drop in to midfield or wide left then he should be giving the boot the now. He's a 37 year old striker who should only be used when needing a goal from the bench not slotted in out of position just to get him in the team. Few times yesterday in promising positions and it broke down with kenny. One was played to him edge of the box took him 3 touches to turn and get it wide to candeias time for a change up top.

22. Default Re: Miller holding us back

If Kenny is as influential as people keep mentioning then get him to ****, he's past it and i'm fed up watching him demand possession only to pass the ball behind a player and then blame that player for his wayward pass.

He should be an impact player at best or to at least cover when other players are unavailable.

I just can't get my head around why we paid so much for Pena. If he gets fit i dont understand where he fits into Pedro's side.

There was talk over playing a 532 with Pena being part of the 3 in the middle with Jack and Dorrans, just dont see how that fits other players in as well. Baffling to say the least.

Pedro has made an error in judgement in giving Miller a new contract, that said he should be back up at best

24. Default Re: Miller holding us back

He looks to be undroppable.
    If we have to play him it should be in the last 20 minutes if we are in need of a goal

He is frustrating the life out of me at the moment, but Pedro needs to drop him.
    Pedro has brought players to the club, the likes of Pena and Herrera need to start every week to forge some sort of game understanding. He needs to give these guys game time. By dropping Miller to the bench we at least know that he if needed he can contribute up front as an impact player.

As as a side point, it was noticeable when he moved out to left mid, he did suit himself on how he was going to play there.