Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller holding us back

Default Miller holding us back

As an impact sub maybe. At the moment he is contributing nothing. He plays where He wants and at the moment that's seems to be midfield. He is not good enough to play there and never was

Default Re: Miller holding us back

He doesn't pick himself.

Agreed mate. I'm prepared to give Pedro a chance but 2 weeks in a row Miller should have been hooked

4. Default Re: Miller holding us back

Turning into Hamed Namouchi

The Kenny point becoming as iconic as the Big Jig head rub

Quote Originally Posted by muthacupboard View Post
    He doesn't pick himself.
    No but I do wonder if PC feels he's such a powerful influence inside the dressing room or with the press he needs to keep him onside.

6. Default Re: Miller holding us back

His first touch today was worse than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum1690 View Post
    As an impact sub maybe. At the moment he is contributing nothing. He plays where He wants and at the moment that's seems to be midfield. He is not good enough to play there and never was
    Agree. His constant dropping deep leaves the striker isolated. If we want someone dropping back then it should be someone who had a touch. Really we were crying out for an aerial presence up front today. Loads of crosses going begging and not enough bodies in the box. Hoped Herrera and Morelos would be paired ( though I heard H was injured)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Super Bad View Post
    No but I do wonder if PC feels he's such a powerful influence inside the dressing room or with the press he needs to keep him onside.
    If that's true then it's weak management.

I don't think it is though, I think Pedro genuinely rates him highly.

Kenny Miller was not the problem today. He was unlucky with his chance in the first half.

Our issue today was midfield imo. He should never have been asked to play left wing, that's not on him though, that comes from the dugout.

10. Default Re: Miller holding us back

It wouldn't be so bad if he just got subbed like everyone else but instead he gets put on the wing or in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Super Bad View Post
    If this is true KM needs to go. Possibly PC as well if he can't command the dressing room.

Kenny is awful and should never have been given a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by bobans27 View Post
    Kenny Miller was not the problem today. He was unlucky with his chance in the first half.

Our issue today was midfield imo. He should never have been asked to play left wing, that's not on him though, that comes from the dugout.
    Unlucky nothing he hit it straight at the keeper from 6 yards.

At that to sitters against Hibs and Motherwell that would have put us in control of the game. Oh, and also breaking up play, woeful passing and positioning that leaves Morelos against 4 defenders. He's done. A goal or assist every 5 games doesn't hide that anymore. A passenger.

As for PC playing him everywhere, it will cost him his job.

The good play in the first half where lee Wallace put him in I think a younger fitter player gets the shot away.

He is a real diddy if he can make the whole team look disorganised and he clearly should have the responsibility of making substitutions taken away from him.

Play him as a forward or dont play him at all

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    He is a real diddy if he can make the whole team look disorganised and he clearly should have the responsibility of making substitutions taken away from him.
    Or at least take the burden of devising tactics away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Hilts View Post
    Play him as a forward or dont play him at all
    ^^ This ........

Quote Originally Posted by bobans27 View Post
    Kenny Miller was not the problem today. He was unlucky with his chance in the first half.k

This, our midfields movement was zero today as was our forwards until Hardie came on.

Millers really starting to grind my gears, the guys first touch is that bad his second touch is a tackle, I'm sat wondering today why is he beyond being substituted, or not picked for a game, he offers absolutely nothing, folk go on about him scoring in big games but how many chances does he miss before he does this?

Kenny should most definitely not be a first pick for us at his age. However, right now he is the best option so cut him some slack. It is not having better quality that is holding us back. Not Kenny Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin221 View Post
    Millers really starting to grind my gears, the guys first touch is that bad his second touch is a tackle, I'm sat wondering today why is he beyond being substituted, or not picked for a game, he offers absolutely nothing, folk go on about him scoring in big games but how many chances does he miss before he does this?
    There was one touch in the second half today that left him by at least 15 / 20 yards.

He's slowing us down in the game at times when we need to be putting the foot on the gas. I actually like miller but i'd like to see what we could do with him coming off the bench for a few weeks.

Miller was an issue last season & he is again. He is part of the problem. Clean slate should have started with him & then the others.

We start every game with 10 and a half men.

i don't think pedro has the cojones to drop him.

if he benches miller, he ends up with an unhappy but influential player in the dressing room.

the ramifications of that could be schisms, cliques and ill will.

the last thing pedro needs is to lose half of the dressing room, and he's astute enough to know it.

sadly, kenny is on his last legs (with kranjcar and alves not too far behind) but he's almost undroppable at the moment.