Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irn Bru Cup 2nd Round draw including Albion Rovers/Spartans v Linfield

Default Re: Irn Bru Cup 2nd Round draw including Albion Rovers/Spartans v Linfield

A slightly under strength crusaders really made hard work of beating murderwell colts - would like to think both the crues and blues will put out strongest sides in the next round

Default Re: Irn Bru Cup 2nd Round draw including Albion Rovers/Spartans v Linfield

My wee boy was mascotting for the Blues yesterday. Played well first half and but for final ball and a couple of good saves by the keeper could've been 5 up at ht. nothing coming the other way. After Lowry scored the 2nd Linfield relaxed. Spartans had a good last 20. Big Deane in goal will be disappointed at their goal but redeemed himself 5min later. Decent turnout but was as expected as Robinson Parade weekend and NI away in Europe. Waterworth being injured up too probably cost another goal or 2 yesterday. Ps the new boy Louis Rooney looks a player.

Quote Originally Posted by DalryBear View Post
    My wee boy was mascotting for the Blues yesterday. Played well first half and but for final ball and a couple of good saves by the keeper could've been 5 up at ht. nothing coming the other way. After Lowry scored the 2nd Linfield relaxed. Spartans had a good last 20. Big Deane in goal will be disappointed at their goal but redeemed himself 5min later. Decent turnout but was as expected as Robinson Parade weekend and NI away in Europe. Waterworth being injured up too probably cost another goal or 2 yesterday. Ps the new boy Louis Rooney looks a player.
    You must have been standing beside me, and walked down to the Morrison's in front of me, was he wanting to be a mascot for Real Madrid and walk out beside Ronaldo - best thing ever, I think he said?

Great save by the Linfield goalie towards the end, I really though Linfield would have took 4 or 5 off Spartans, but as said, Linfield let them back into it. Spartans organised well, Linfield only score via set plays. Spartans no 3 was a wee prick though!

Rooney looked good, so did Quinn. Hoping Linfield draw away again for another trip.

Crusaders at odds against was buying money, even though they had to come from 2-1 down to win in the last minute.

Looking at the results in this cup tournament yesterday, particularly with Falkirk winning in Ireland, and the performances of the players we transferred to England recently, the thought struck me that the game in Scotland might just be a wee bit better than we actually think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbear View Post
    Looking at the results in this cup tournament yesterday, particularly with Falkirk winning in Ireland, and the performances of the players we transferred to England recently, the thought struck me that the game in Scotland might just be a wee bit better than we actually think it is.
    Fair point - maybe the next round will be a better yard stick - crusaders and linfield still involved. Bray and Sligo aren't great this year - albeit bray have maintained their league position.

Tns put Livingston out on pens. Again 2 teams who prob aren't what they were this time last year.

Was interested to see how the league of Ireland teams faired v the Scottish teams but sligo are in relegation zone this year although Bray are 5th.

Good result for Elgin!

It was the fact that some people not that long ago were comparing our Premiership to the League of Ireland. We are a good way better than that.

10. Default Re: Irn Bru Cup 2nd Round draw including Albion Rovers/Spartans v Linfield

Why was it Bray and Sligo from LOI? is it not Dundalk that's the top team that went on the European run

Quote Originally Posted by TheRangersTillIDie View Post
    Why was it Bray and Sligo from LOI? is it not Dundalk that's the top team that went on the European run
    Both were the LOI highest non-European participants in 2016

match highlights

https://youtu.be/RhXjomd09-M