Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do we still need?

1. Default Re: What do we still need?

Quote Originally Posted by bob1873 View Post
    Walker, McLean & Naismith
    We've no real need for Mclean right now. I'd put him way, way down the list of priorities.

The OP has probably correctly identified everything we need - but we have to be realistic here, what we've achieved in terms of squad turnover this Summer is quite remarkable. We can't do EVERYTHING in one window. Remember, this is being funded directly from King & Co's pockets. The accounts at the AGM will be interesting to see just how much it's cost them.

It terms of what we might do, Caixinha has made it clear that he's looking for 1 or maybe 2 more. The clear priority, for me, is Walker. A goal-scoring winger who can play wide in a front 3 or in a midfield 3 or 4 PLUS fill the number 10 role if necessary. What's not to like about that?

Naismith would be the secondary target. Again, can play multiple attacking positions. He wouldn't get the 20 goals a season some seem to expect of him - he never has - but he would bring a much-improved attacking vision and energy to our forward play.

Walker first though.

Default Re: What do we still need?

Waghorn and forrester to leave, walker in.

January or next summer = new fullbacks a centre half and we'll see where we are up front. Likely that this will be the final season for Miller but hopefully Herrera and Morelos have done well. If Dodoo or hardie developed then we may only need 1 quality purchase, if not 2 quality purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by jelavic9 View Post
    Waghorn and forrester to leave, walker in.

January or next summer = new fullbacks a centre half and we'll see where we are up front. Likely that this will be the final season for Miller but hopefully Herrera and Morelos have done well. If Dodoo or hardie developed then we may only need 1 quality purchase, if not 2 quality purchases.
    Why do we continually go on about Hardie ?

He's in no way shape or form good enough.

The same thing that stopped us from being closer to the fhilth last season a goal scorer.

5. Default Re: What do we still need?

Right now we don't need McLean, unless Holt moves on. He would be a good replacement.

Our midfield is stronger than last year and their are other priorities.

What we need above all else is a winning mentality, teams coming to Ibrox expecting to lose.
    We haven't had this for years. Unfortunately Celtic have it in spades.

7. Default Re: What do we still need?

International level depth

Teams were coming to Ibrox last season knowing we we struggled to score so they new from the start if the dug in they could get a result and at their own midden they were always looking for 3 points.

Two wide players and a striker if Waghorn leaves

Quote Originally Posted by speminalium8 View Post
    Ok most of this may not happen but in an ideal world I'd like to see us with two new full backs able to defend, a spare centre half( God forbid one gets injured), another wide player(Walker? ) and another striker if can sell Waghorn. KM can be our 'impact' sub and not a first pick. I really think this is required to make a serious title challenge with a very good chance of winning it. Can't fault the board and Pedro. We've made a good start at rebuilding the team.
    We desperately required a striker who can guaruntee 25+ goals. Those players are the difference between winning and losing.

Realistically I'll settle for Naismith,Walker and one other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cheese View Post
    We desperately required a striker who can guaruntee 25+ goals. Those players are the difference between winning and losing.

Realistically I'll settle for Naismith,Walker and one other.
    This time last year, we were in desperate need of strong central defenders. It didn't happen and we suffered. Failure to add someone who can score goals is something that we will regret

A Quality wide left midfield / wing option. I wouldn't be worried if we don't bring in a new striker, as I think the strikers we have, inlcuding Dodoo and Hardie, will score a lot more than last season if the changes we have made in the middle see the service to the strikers greatly improve from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ICA_86 View Post
    Genuinely the only thing we realistically NEED is a wide player.

Anyone else would be a luxury.
    If we are really looking this season at the league, then we need more than a wide player

14. Default Re: What do we still need?

We don't need another striker just yet, give morelos/herrera time and we can reassess the situation in January if need be.

Walker is the obvious priority with mckay gone and dalcio not looking convincing, although if Windass can keep those type of performances coming there will be some nice competition for spots

Not sure why people are saying we need new full backs, I reckon with Bruno and Cardoso controlling the defense Tav and Wallace could have big years, especially with Ryan Jack getting back to cover - although I would like better back ups than Hodson and Wilson as they truly give me the fear

Naismith would be handy as that extra attacking threat we need who can play in multiple positions and chip in plenty of assists + goals (can even play striker if herrera/morelos goes pear shaped) however this deal is looking increasingly unlikely to happen
    Last edited by Koala Bear; 05-08-2017 at 18:31. Reason: typo

We need a player who can take the ball off the midfield and score or provide. Create danger. Sinclair does it well for the Tims. Weiss or Naismith would have been brilliant.

It's too soon to say but I would argue if we are going to play the way we do which is with a quite solid base and not pushing bodies forward on a regular basis then we need pretty good players to make the system work.

Watching the Beggars today the ball absolutely sticks when they knock it forward not sure our players look suited to that so far.

But we really need to see if our wide guys are going to create in real games and if Herrera for example can show genuine strength and hold up play.

So far I tend to think the system needs tweaked and the quality in the last third is up for debate. But it will take a few weeks to see how we really shape up.

Walker is obvious priority. After that a forward such as Naismith. If we play 2 up then we lack numbers up front (unless we are going to give hardie a go)

18. Default Re: What do we still need?

If we get walker and Naismith I'll be delighted.

Depends I think we've got okay cover if a guy is out for a game or 2 but if there is a long term injury to a CB then that could be an issue. I think we're weakest in the LB and RB positions. I'd like to see Walker and Naismith added and whilst the idea of a 20 goal a season striker is tempting I think we should give the new guys a few games to adjust and that. If we're short on goals or struggling with long term injuries then we can strengthen in January. I don't expect to win the league this seas but do expect to win it next year. We need a good foundation put in place this year and to clear out as many surplus players as possible.

20. Default Re: What do we still need?

Quote Originally Posted by macsloyal View Post
    That will depend on the impact of Herrera and Morelos. If they hit the ground running, it's all good but if they don't we NEED another goalscoring addition.
    So if the two players we've signed in that position end up not being very good then we'll need another one? Isn't that true of every position?

Quite simply we need more pace in the team, especially on the left hand side, pace means more chances .

Hayley McQueen covering our games too. Just not in a trouser suit and round necked top. 😁 football wise I reckon we are good to go this season if walker and naismith come in. Roll on tomorrow.

If you look at our squad tomorrow, our starting Eleven if we play like we did in Sheffield will get the job done but if things go wrong just by losing Niko and Waghorn from the squad our options from the bench become a lot poorer.

We need Walker and Naismith and i am sure we may bring in one kid on loan.

24. Default Re: What do we still need?

...............................Wes
    ...................Cardozo......Alves
    Tav............................................... New LB
    .............................Jack
    .....Candeias.....Dorrans/Pena.....Niko/New LM
    .......Herrera/New ST.........Morelos/Miller

My choices?

*New LB Fuentes or Enrique until Beerman etc learn their trade
    *New LM Jamie Walker
    *New ST Naismith

I'm confident we have enough players to win the league, Morelos and Herrera need to start scoring from the off and that's the key.