Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If Tav/McKay go for 2.5M good business?

Blog Entries

Default Re: If Tav/McKay go for 2.5M good business?

Not for me.

McKay is worth more than that alone.

We are going to regret letting him leave on the cheap.

And how many players actually do we have that give 7/10 every week?

I would have preferred if it went between 3-4million for Tav and McKay if I'm being honest. I think 2.5mil is just little low.

Quote Originally Posted by Homecominginharlem View Post
    And how many players actually do we have that give 7/10 every week?
    not many last season thats why they are all being replaced

Quote Originally Posted by superally54 View Post
    Not for me.

if he is, where are all the teams dying to sign him ?

if this conversation was a year ago of course i would agree but i dont see him changing his attitude and really trying to make a go of it with us.
    Last edited by albertz84; 01-07-2017 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by superally54 View Post
    Not for me.

He won't sign the contract so not much we can do.

I would say no when you look at McKays potential as a player but given the current circumstances we probably aren't going to get much more for the two of them. Tav has been a superb signing for 200k in all honesty.

We are lacking creativity just now and we are ready to ship our two most creative players arguably (alongside Niko). I sincerely hope Pedro has a couple of aces up his sleeve to address our lack of guile currently.

Warburton paid nearly 2m for Garner. I'd be looking for more for the pair.
    For someone who was playing his first European game the other night I was well disappointed in Tav, his heart wasn't and isn't in it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by albertz84 View Post
    if he is, where are all the teams dying to sign him ?
    Chris Burke was better than Barrie McKay and look how his career turned out, championship level at best in England, epl fullbacks would chew McKay up and spit him out.

10. Default Re: If Tav/McKay go for 2.5M good business?

As annoying as Tav was towards the end on Thursday I wouldnt sell him for less than 2.5 on his own

He is 24 on a long term deal

I would look at an alternative role

This could well be as right in a 3-5-2 or potentially centre mid

It doesnt always work out but there are crazy similarities with Fernando Ricksen (down to the god awful corner defending you see in your nightmares)

He is not excelling as a right back but has so many good points that even on Thursday he showed

11. Default Re: If Tav/McKay go for 2.5M good business?

Quote Originally Posted by Penasburritos View Post
    you think McKay is worth at least 2.5mill in the final year of his contract when he barely did anything of note in the spl last year?
    I'm one of the few Barrie McKay fans on here it seems but I understand his days at Rangers are numbered.

Not a great season last year. I think he would have benefited from better players around him - possibly this season but it's clear Pedro doesn't fancy him and I accept that. He sees more of him than me.

Attitude has been questionable. But only 22, bags of potential and a fresh start at Forest I'm sure MW can persuade the Forest board to push the boat out to 2.5M for him.

We can play a little bit of hard ball

Quote Originally Posted by Homecominginharlem View Post
    Not good business. Not easy to replace two players that always tried to create.
    Yet rarely did in the top level!

Quote Originally Posted by nelster View Post
    As annoying as Tav was towards the end on Thursday I wouldnt sell him for less than 2.5 on his own

He is 24 on a long term deal

I would look at an alternative role

This could well be as right in a 3-5-2 or potentially centre mid

It doesnt always work out but there are crazy similarities with Fernando Ricksen (down to the god awful corner defending you see in your nightmares)

He is not excelling as a right back but has so many good points that even on Thursday he showed
    2.5 million for tav is crazy talk

Quote Originally Posted by Penasburritos View Post
    Chris Burke was better than Barrie McKay and look how his career turned out, championship level at best in England, epl fullbacks would chew McKay up and spit him out.
    Same as most Scottish players who go to England

1.5-2 for both tops.

McKay into last year, wants out, seems to have downed tools. 750k max.

I don't get the clamour for Tav to be sold, he has a lot of good qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonbear7 View Post
    I'm one of the few Barrie McKay fans on here it seems but I understand his days at Rangers are numbered.

Not a great season last year. I think he would have benefited from better players around him - possibly this season but it's clear Pedro doesn't fancy him and I accept that. He sees more of him than me.

Attitude has been questionable. But only 22, bags of potential and a fresh start at Forest I'm sure MW can persuade the Forest board to push the boat out to 2.5M for him.

We can play a little bit of hard ball
    I hope so 2, we need all we can get but Warburton knows that and its his last year of his contract which is the real issue.

for his potential alone he is worth taking a punt at 2.5 million but his attitude is the major problem

Quote Originally Posted by napierbear View Post
    1.5-2 for both tops.

McKay into last year, wants out, seems to have downed tools. 750k max.
    Martin Bain eat you're heart out.

For two players who no longer want to be at the club one in the last year of his contract and flatters to deceive and the other who is a terrible defender yes I'd say it's good business. I'd also be on the look for another left back and try and cash in on Wallace too.

The thing with mckay is that he has the potential to be worth a lot more. Last seasons form leaves him undervalued and probably worth 1-1.5m.

If he hits a bit of form and plays with confidence for a spell, his value will be at least double, maybe treble that.

There is still a chance he can do this and i really think binning him now is a grave mistake on PCs part.

On tav, im not sure. To me he will always be prone to defensive errors but he is great going forward. Doubt he is worth more than 1.5m tbh.

Putting aside mckays contract situation, the only reason to sell these players would be if we got an offer well above the valuations and that certainly isnt 2.5m

Sell on clause a must

For me both players reflect the blow up of last season-in that they declined below their ability. Tav whilst always suspect defensively stopped for example executing superb free kicks-that's got to be down to confidence. It's forgotten how well he played at the start of the season when the team struggled albeit he started to lose his way as well.

If we looked at McKay's first half in the Hogmanay game we can see the quality is there. He's a debate in himself.

I don't think IF both are going to go we can do much more than try and get the best cash we can but I don't see it really topping the figure quoted by much.

I do think both will be a loss-whilst you can argue for a more defensive RB not really sure where the winger is to replace McKay for a small fee. Walker I suppose will be the favourite choice.

23. Default Re: If Tav/McKay go for 2.5M good business?

I think it would not. I really hope it doesn't happen. In MacKay's case regardless of what happens I think he wants a change even if he had a manager that played to his strengths

Where is people getting 2m+ from for McKay??? He is in his last year and looked an average SPL player at best year. We go on about McLean & Walker saying 'Tell them to sit tight sign them pre contract at Xmas time then we can snap him up for 250k' Wel if some one is offering 2.5m for them 2 that looks good business in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by final_straws View Post
    The thing with mckay is that he has the potential to be worth a lot more. Last seasons form leaves him undervalued and probably worth 1-1.5m.

If he hits a bit of form and plays with confidence for a spell, his value will be at least double, maybe treble that.

There is still a chance he can do this and i really think binning him now is a grave mistake on PCs part.

On tav, im not sure. To me he will always be prone to defensive errors but he is great going forward. Doubt he is worth more than 1.5m tbh.

Putting aside mckays contract situation, the only reason to sell these players would be if we got an offer well above the valuations and that certainly isnt 2.5m
    Do you think Pedro should keep.Mckay in the first team if he is sulking and not showing the right attitude if all the other players are ? if McKay cant get motivated to give us his all then i dont want him near the team and get Walker in who i guarantee will give us back much more in the longterm.