Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With one game to go who has been your standout players of the tournament?

Default With one game to go who has been your standout players of the tournament?

I'd never heard of Jim Rodriguez before this tournament and I thought Germany would never have a better keeper than Kahn but Neuer has been phenomenal as a keeper and a defender. Who is your stand outs?

Default Re: With one game to go who has been your standout players of the tournament?

Rodriguez, Hummels and even though I think he's a knob, Robben.

Default Re: With one game to go who has been your standout players of the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixbear View Post
    Rodriguez, Hummels and even though I think he's a knob, Robben.
    Agreed. Kros, Muller, Mascherano have been good too. Messi has to win tomorrow to join the list. Some of the French were decent too

Muller and Rodriguez, Muller's fitness levels have been impressive and general play. Rodriguez who was unknown to me I think has been the top perfomer in the tournament.

I'm going for Rodriguez too but with Pirlo v England as performance of tournament.

Daley blind has impressed me greatly.performed impressively at left back, centre half and in centre mid.
    A real chip off the old block
    Mascherano has shown he is wasted in defence at barca

Blog Entries

Muller and Robben have been my standouts.

If Messi puts in a performance tomorrow then he'll be added

Honourable mentions for Rodriguez, Neur and Mascherano too.

Might not be popular but I think Robben has looked the most dangerous player in the tourney

However Rodriquez, Kroos, Muller, Hummels, Neuer, Mascherano, Diaz (Costa Rica) Medel, Ochoa, Marquez and Navas, all performed well

Robben by far for me, never actually thought he was world class before this world cup

Sanchez and Rodriguez were good, but Lahm is a brilliant footballer.
    Notable mention for schweinsteiger, I think that's how you spell it!

Ron Vlaar surely a move from Villa awaits he has been superb for the dutch helped by playing in a 3 man centre defence

Robben for me- a dislikable guy, but so dynamic as a player! On top of his game at the moment

Big Tam Muller

Lamb 66/1 to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBunk View Post
    Big Tam Muller
    Yep, Tam for me, must be a nightmare to play against.

Muller and robben are cheats
    neur, marquez, rodrigez, mascherano

Philip Lahm. Can play in several positions and never makes a mistake.

Rodriquez was excellent, as has been Muller, Robben. I also thought the Costa Rica goalie Navas was superb also.

robben without a doubt.

nobody, and i mean nobody can dive like this guy.

his ability to fall over when brushed by another player - and even when not - is totally unrivalled.

truly in a class of his own, and deserves to be recognised for it.

well done arjen

Goalkeeper Navas - Costa Rica. Superb

Quote Originally Posted by KirkieBlueNose View Post
    Ron Vlaar surely a move from Villa awaits he has been superb for the dutch helped by playing in a 3 man centre defence
    He'd be my top defender. I believe he has 1 year left on his current contract and it wouldn't surprise me if Van Gaal made a move for him as they need a centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilstonGer View Post
    Philip Lahm. Can play in several positions and never makes a mistake.
    Lahm is a good footballer wherever he is on the pitch. When he plays in his proper position he's the best in the world.

Robber has been the clear stand out for me. He's always giving 100% from the first minute the to last with attack after attack.

Quote Originally Posted by pollokprod View Post
    Lamb 66/1 to win it.
    That's baaa-d odds...

Robben. Honourable mentions for Kroos, Muller, Rodriguez, Vidal, Sanchez and Garay