View RSS Feed

Boogie Man

Its not been a good week but it will get better

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLoyal View Post
It was pretty disappointing to see them qualify again.

There wasn't much doubt they'd win the league again - what last night has given them is another springboard to do what they'd done last season.

By contrast we are reliant on blind hope. We're still hoping the manager knows what he's doing. We hope these signings work out. We're so desperate for it to be so we quickly banished the progres result from our minds. We certainly did well in a couple of friendlies but the fact so much emphasis was placed on friendly performances certainly concerned me. 2 games in and we're no clearer about any thing as to where our team is. A decent result against a team who will be certainly near the bottom, followed by defeat in what was our first real test, albeit with some mitigating circumstances.

What worries me now is what can we do? We've just got to try win, week by week. But we're 3 points behind Celtic now and I suspect that's as close as we'll be all season. Any progress we do make is going to be too small and incremental for the support to tolerate, because we're not going to get a sniff of a trophy unless Celtic take their eye off the ball in the cups
Just because we want it to get better doesn't mean it will.
So things won't necessarily get better as the OP says.

Submit "Its not been a good week but it will get better" to Digg Submit "Its not been a good week but it will get better" to del.icio.us Submit "Its not been a good week but it will get better" to StumbleUpon Submit "Its not been a good week but it will get better" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

-->