PDA

View Full Version : So just to clarify, everyone on FF would do a better job than mccoist?

Yorkhill_True_Blues
25-02-2014, 23:12
This would appear to be the case.

Win, lose, draw.......plays players, drops players, replaces players......

Whatever he does......the men of FF can always do a better job.

Ally it doesn't matter what you do, YOU ARE WRONG.

Sack ally and put one of the big men of FF at the helm.

They can even do the job without watching us or going to the games.

suramericaranger
25-02-2014, 23:18
I think you are getting overly excited because large parts of the Rangers support can see our manager is terrible based on all the evidence.

Nice dramatic rant though.

Top_Cat
25-02-2014, 23:19
Can of juice mate, seriously

Halfwaythere
25-02-2014, 23:19
It is the same at any club when the players are performing shite; from Yeovil to Dingwall they will call for the managers head.

Lennon has taken the heat off Ally tonight, he is getting roasted by half the Tim population.

macdonsj
25-02-2014, 23:20
his main fault is continually playing players that let him down time and time again
some dropping of poor performers here and there might get some reaction

simplythebest
25-02-2014, 23:20
I don't think Mccoist is a good manager at all . Would I do better? No.

But I'm not expected to.

bluenose al
25-02-2014, 23:21
I know I could.

A1bertz
25-02-2014, 23:23
He makes Tony Mowbray look Alex Ferguson.

craftyfellow
25-02-2014, 23:24
Ally, Kenny and Ian have forgotten more about tactics in the last week than i will ever know in a lifetime.

However, we all have our own views on players, formations etc etc. Its what makes it the greatest game in the world.

coplandfront156
25-02-2014, 23:27
Away and get some chips you and then have a cool off period in a dark room

Or even take the chips in the dark room and eat them in there :D

Charlie__Adam
25-02-2014, 23:32
The OP is the perfect David Murray customer.

HHSS
25-02-2014, 23:34
Not everyone.

Plenty though.

Yorkhill_True_Blues
25-02-2014, 23:36
Away and get some chips you and then have a cool off period in a dark room

Or even take the chips in the dark room and eat them in there :D

I only eat chips that are stolen :D

Now I only buy chips that are FF approved.......am feert to do anything without acting a big man on FF.

P.s I still maintain I dont know anything about those chips :D

Bluerod
25-02-2014, 23:37
In reply to your post title No I could not but. Billy Davies would

Butcher6
25-02-2014, 23:42
The stick he takes is disgusting and he can't win on here with some!

No matter the results or performances it's open season on the man.

He is imo doing a phenomenal job at our club but some are so blighted by disdain for ally they won't see it.

standardbarger
25-02-2014, 23:44
Ally as a manager has an ultra defensive attitude which is culminating in boring football on the pitch or as i said at Ibrox on saturday PISH and much as i respect the guy he couldnt manage a pub.

ruglenbear
25-02-2014, 23:49
His team selection tonight was indefensible. The performance shocking

Yet, we've only dropped 4 points all season. To put it into persoective, in 36 games against lower leave sides before admin, we lost 2, drew 2 and won 32. I doubt many other top division teams could do what we have achieved this term.

JCDBigBear
25-02-2014, 23:55
How are we meant to judge a manager who gets paid a fortune, has 3 sidekicks to help him, has a well-paid squad of full-time players, a state-of-the-art training ground, etc, etc but regularly fails to get such advantage to show over part-time teams whose players are on a pittance in comparison?

Albop
25-02-2014, 23:59
not everyone but id bet there is a good few

nelster
26-02-2014, 00:01
He makes Tony Mowbray look Alex Ferguson.

Tony Mowbray won Old Firm games as a manager ?

Lamh Dearg
26-02-2014, 00:04
I'd love to hear a team talk before the game, the instructions and tactics. When they go onto the park they seem to forget them every week. Its shocking to watch.

Andy Weir
26-02-2014, 00:05
McCoist changed the lineup for tonight and we were gash still.

Says it all.

Andy Weir
26-02-2014, 00:08

You mean the same Billy Davies who's only ever won one thing as a manager? Then was punted a few months afterwards?

I don't see the love-in with Davies on FF. The guy's done nothing.

Bill_McCai
26-02-2014, 00:08
See those folk that pretend to have an interest in football, like the OP, and the topic of football comes up in the pub (or in the queue at the tuck shop), what do folk like the OP add to the chat?

According to the ever increasing threads like this, no-one is actually allowed to have an opinion on football.

Who the f*ck are these people?

ChicagoBear
26-02-2014, 00:10
Drama queen alert. :D

This is a f*cking football discussion board. Its getting to a stage on here where people are getting upset at other peoples thoughts and opinions.

You may agree or disagree with others on here but f*ck sake act like an adult. :D

brooklynblue
26-02-2014, 00:14
However, we all have our own views on players, formations etc etc. Its what makes it the greatest game in the world.

Indeed... 50,000 managers who could change the course of a game with a tactical switch. And 50,000 top quality forwards who could have scored the chance the number nine just missed.

Unfortunately we're all sitting in the stands. It's terrific stuff.

ikip loyal
26-02-2014, 00:15
Yes Yorkhill_True_Blues

I know I would.

I have an advantage. I don't know any of these players personally so I wouldn't be hampered by the old pals act!!!

turrabear
26-02-2014, 00:15
his main fault is continually playing players that let him down time and time again
some dropping of poor performers here and there might get some reaction

he took the players to the club.

Ubik
26-02-2014, 00:17

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2392/2613776825_3c2ba0893d.jpg

weemog
26-02-2014, 00:18

So just to clarify, your thread title is completely wrong. As I'm sure you know.

I, and many others on here, won't hear a bad word against him. I assume you're on our side, but less of the hissy fits please. Having to deal with an approaching-teen hissy-fitting daughter at home. I come on here for peace.
:p

c_den
26-02-2014, 00:19
Great goal scorer & all round nice guy but never a Rangers manager in a million years

Ubik
26-02-2014, 00:19
How are we meant to judge a manager who gets paid a fortune, has 3 sidekicks to help him, has a well-paid squad of full-time players, a state-of-the-art training ground, etc, etc but regularly fails to get such advantage to show over part-time teams whose players are on a pittance in comparison?

ah but the part timers raise their game
its their cup final
we have x amount of shut outs
unbeaten in the league dontcha know
etc

:(

grangers
26-02-2014, 00:21
Indeed... 50,000 managers who could change the course of a game with a tactical switch. And 50,000 top quality forwards who could have scored the chance the number nine just missed.

Unfortunately we're all sitting in the stands. It's terrific stuff.

How many of those boys would play Ricky Foster and Steven Smith in their team (on the same night) with actual replacements in their squad sitting on the bench ?

brooklynblue
26-02-2014, 00:23
How many of those boys would play Ricky Foster and Steven Smith in their team (on the same night) with actual replacements in their squad sitting on the bench ?

I don't know. You seem to have misunderstood my post.

milo
26-02-2014, 00:25
I would take Billy Davies before Ally as manger any day of the week.

Yeuptae
26-02-2014, 00:29
I dont think I can do a better job. I can see we need someone to get the foot on the ball in centre mid, a proper centre half and a striker.

Im sure Super will know that as well

rfcjonnya
26-02-2014, 00:46
Yorkhill is on his period:D:D

WATP

southsideblueblood
26-02-2014, 00:51
No but then I know that Beyoncé is a better singer than Robbie Williams. Do I have to do a passable cover of single ladies before I can express an opinion.

ICA_86
26-02-2014, 00:55
We still kidding on that walking ths league is some type of achievement?!

Deary me.

Walter Loyal
26-02-2014, 00:58
Didn't you know FF is full of experts?

The same experts who wanted Walter sacked after the 1-1 draw with Hibs in the second last game of the season.

The same experts who said Davie Weir was too old.

The same experts who said Papac couldn't play at left back.

The same experts who said Davis couldn't play right mid.

I could go on, and on, and on.....

We have a forum of football philosophers.

glasgowsteve
26-02-2014, 01:20
The problem is not just Ally but is the focal point of the criticism since he is the manager and the buck stops with him. You have to ask questions of the other backroom staff, particularly McDowell and Durrant.
Could I do a better job? Well I doubt I'll get the chance to prove my ability or lack of. However, had I the same opportunities, training, and working under Walter I would certainly fancy my chances. I don't mean that in an arrogant way but 40000+ fans see the problems and understand the positives opportunities we were afforded by starting in Div 3 but our management team don't which is worrying.

Walter Loyal
26-02-2014, 01:23
Going by FF you would think our coaching team couldn't even organise a coaching session.

This is a coaching team who worked under Walter Smith for many years. They were part of a very successful coaching team. They have huge experience at international, domestic and European level.

You really couldn't make it up.

muthacupboard
26-02-2014, 01:25
I think the players get away with far too much, they seem to have switched off possibly because of the lead we've built. Still though, we've only dropped 4 points and have the chance to win a highly emotional and season defining treble. It's not all doom and gloom despite the best efforts of people wishing to present it that way.

R_Sole
26-02-2014, 01:28
Shocking OP in defence of a shocking manager of a poor team cobbled together by Ally

R_Sole
26-02-2014, 01:29
Didn't you know FF is full of experts?

The same experts who wanted Walter sacked after the 1-1 draw with Hibs in the second last game of the season.

The same experts who said Davie Weir was too old.

The same experts who said Papac couldn't play at left back.

The same experts who said Davis couldn't play right mid.

I could go on, and on, and on.....

How many threads are you going to post this bunkum on?

It's almost trolling

Walter Loyal
26-02-2014, 01:38
How many threads are you going to post this bunkum on?

It's almost trolling

My apologies, I forgot you're speaking on behalf of 'most males out of their teens'. :D

peterknox80
26-02-2014, 01:59

He is imo doing a phenomenal job at our club but some are so blighted by disdain for ally they won't see it.

if you think that he is doing a phenomenal job as rangers manager you better not come of your tablets will not dispute that we are winning i will give you that but the football is dire and if you do not think that the football is dire you need to go to specsavers no offence

peterknox80
26-02-2014, 02:01

best post i have read in months i am sorry to say sometimes the truth really hurts

peterknox80
26-02-2014, 02:03
Drama queen alert. :D

This is a f*cking football discussion board. Its getting to a stage on here where people are getting upset at other peoples thoughts and opinions.

You may agree or disagree with others on here but f*ck sake act like an adult. :D

to right mate i will second that

Manticore
26-02-2014, 02:06

It's the video game generation, they all think they're experts from sitting in front of a computer

baselbear
26-02-2014, 06:12
You missed out that they are allowed to champion the player sitting on the bench as much better than the player on the pitch and then , next week , repeat the same mantra with the players switched.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 06:20
I don't think I could do a better job but then again I'm not expected to. He is.

hazybear
26-02-2014, 06:59
OP is bang on the money.
Only in the world of FF would you find people slaughtering the manager of the ONLY UNBEATEN TEAM IN THE UK.

Have a right good look at the league table again, it will make you puke.

sam_cooke
26-02-2014, 07:17
90 minutes, hands in his pockets, poking little bits of litter with the tip of his shoe, offering no direction towards the team...but knowing fine well that having a full time and better playing squad guarantees the league trophy means many fans are happy with 3rd rate football.

The man and his assistants aint anywhere near the best value for money we can get, so why do we accept it?

I hope he steps down at the end of the season and allows the club to build for a better future with a decent coaching staff.

Derek McInnes would fit the bill in my opinion.

hellsbells
26-02-2014, 07:36
I know I could.

No you only imagine you could.

hellsbells
26-02-2014, 07:38
You missed out that they are allowed to champion the player sitting on the bench as much better than the player on the pitch and then , next week , repeat the same mantra with the players switched.

This is so true, I used to read the match thread when I got home after going to watch the game but tend to stay away from them now. To much crap spouted in them.

blue homer
26-02-2014, 08:01
No you only imagine you could.to try and compare McCoist to the average guy in the street to try and justify him as a good manager is laughable.as someone said earlier McCoist has forgotten more about tactics than most of us know but that's the trouble he has forgotten or is incapable of implementing them

macattack2
26-02-2014, 08:06
to try and compare McCoist to the average guy in the street to try and justify him as a good manager is laughable.as someone said earlier McCoist has forgotten more about tactics than most of us know but that's the trouble he has forgotten or is incapable of implementing them

Can only imagine the op was on the booze last night! Defending his tactics , signings etc shows how little some on ff know or care about the direction this club is heading while he's manager.

hellsbells
26-02-2014, 08:10
to try and compare McCoist to the average guy in the street to try and justify him as a good manager is laughable.as someone said earlier McCoist has forgotten more about tactics than most of us know but that's the trouble he has forgotten or is incapable of implementing them

I didn't compare him, he compared himself and declared he could do better and your wee angry rant at me for ponting it out is laughable.

Ubik
26-02-2014, 08:12
It's the video game generation, they all think they're experts from sitting in front of a computer

of course prior to video games all supporters always thought their manager was correct at all times and nobody ever moaned :roll:

are you being serious?

Wickerman74
26-02-2014, 09:02
I've more chance of winning Miss Scotland than being manager of Rangers. However I like thousands others predicted last nights performance as soon as the team was announced. Playing Six defenders against Stranraer? We should be raping these teams with the cash we have used. Ally had six right backs in the squad at one point. SIX. Love the guy but he is no manager and never will be.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 09:20
There are managers out there who could do a better job with certain aspect, Michael Laudrup is an example, but could he deal with what the job entails. Or would he just think "**** this" when he sits down and has to speak with a Sandy Easdale? Does a promising young, talented coach really want or know how to deal with the situation, or would they want to. Do they want to do what they think is best for the club only to know that long term it will probably taint them by association?

As much as it may not fit with some if it is failing at the top it will fail at the bottom.

We can look at guys like Martinez and what he done at Swansea, Klopp at Dortmund, Ajax as a model etc.

Martinez and Swansea aren’t half the club with Green as CEO.

Dortmund and Klopp aren’t building a philosophy with Ahmed instead of Zorc

And Ajax with the Easdales.....

McCoist has managed the club on the park through the most turbulent period of our existence at boardroom room level, the sheer enormity off field and the squad being ripped out from under him. Evidently things could have been managed better, but he is working in an unprecedented situation whether some like it or not, the judgement of “good” or “bad” really isn’t as simple as some seem to think it is IMO, there are elements and areas where promise has been shown and other areas have been a complete cluster ****.

Personally, I can see both sides. I can understand why some might want to see Ally given a shot in “normal circumstances” and I say that based on “footballing reasons” rather than because he is “Super Ally”. I can also understand why some would punt him tomorrow, but at the same time, I don't know how much further that moves or how “closer to the SPL title” that gets us.

Butcher6
26-02-2014, 09:24
if you think that he is doing a phenomenal job as rangers manager you better not come of your tablets will not dispute that we are winning i will give you that but the football is dire and if you do not think that the football is dire you need to go to specsavers no offence

Off my tablets and go to specsavers tremendous patter:roll:

The fact you are still here after calling ally a cancer is astounding that's all i will say.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
26-02-2014, 09:24

Have you seen us play in the last 2 seasons? We are utter dross,not sure about everyone on follow follow doing a better job but there's plenty managers around that could

Sebo1873
26-02-2014, 09:25
Settle down flower.

hazybear
26-02-2014, 09:32
Great goal scorer & all round nice guy but never a Rangers manager in a million years
You can provide factual evidence that Super was a great goalscorer.
You can provide factual evidence that Super was an all round nice guy.
You cannot provide any factual evidence whatsoever that Super is a bad manager.

mentally ill phil
26-02-2014, 09:35

And you talk garbage non stop on here.

We can't pass the ball or keep it for any time what so ever.

You can't be for real.

CaptainCourageous
26-02-2014, 09:37
I don't agree with the abuse, it's taig'ary but there is nothing wrong with criticism, a difference of opinion or stating why you don't rate a manager, player etc.

If you can't take a difference of opinion, then maybe an internet forum is not the place to be.This is football, it's all about opinions.

Bristol_bnose
26-02-2014, 09:40
Could ff posters do better? No.

Could we be getting better value for money from the manager and coaching staff's salary by replacing them with more competent individuals who can institute higher training standards and an intelligent programme to develop young players? Unequivocally yes.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 09:40

Blowing 12 point lead in weeks
Malmo
Maribor
Dundee Utd at home
Inverness Caley at home
Falkirk
Queen of the South at home
Forfar away
How many games last season at home where WE looked like the away team? 5 or 6???????
Signing Foster
Signing Smith
Signing Peralta
Handing out contracts then releasing players months later
Cancelling a home game against Dunfermline because out of a 55 man squad Lee Wallace and Lewis Macleod were away on international duty
Unable to change a game and making first substitutions of a game in 84th minute when it's been obvious something should have been changed at half time.

There's a few to start you off

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 09:44
Malmo
Maribor
Dundee Utd at home
Inverness Caley at home
Falkirk
Forfar away
How many games last season at home where WE looked like the away team? 5 or 6???????
Signing Foster
Signing Smith
Signing Peralta
Cancelling a home game against Dunfermline because out of a 55 man squad Lee Wallace and Lewis Macleod were away on international duty
Unable to change a game and making first substitutions of a game in 84th minute when it's been obvious something should have been changed at half time.

You could come up with a list of daft decisions and poor results for any manager. There isn’t a manager out there who is perfect or flawless.

TPABear
26-02-2014, 09:49
I believe I would do a better job, but thats my opinion, do you want to take that away from me

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 09:54
You could come up with a list of daft decisions and poor results for any manager. There isn’t a manager out there who is perfect or flawless.

That was just a start. I love Ally but he should never have been and should not currently be Rangers manager. Any other man on this planet other than Walter Smith would have been sacked.

Last season Ibrox was half empty some weeks because people got sick of watching absolute drivel. This season attendances are down again (although the boardroom crap will have a lot to do with that) We are an awful team to watch, players who arrive seem to have any skill and flair actually coached out of them within weeks. Players are played out of position in virtually every game we play. We have no plan B, EVER, that f*cking 3 touch free kick into the wall should see players fined a weeks wages and dropped, set up defensively at home against the might Annan f*cking Athletic, cup record is appalling....

Black and Blue
26-02-2014, 09:58
We still kidding on that walking ths league is some type of achievement?!

Deary me.

Can i just say thank you for your post, ps iam serious.

Butcher6
26-02-2014, 09:59
I believe I would do a better job, but thats my opinion, do you want to take that away from me

LOL do us a favour you think jimmy calderwood should be our next manager:D

So lets take that away from you capello:D

Eric_Cartman
26-02-2014, 10:04
We have no discernible shape or style of play.

We continue to persevere with 'experienced' players, who also happen to be ****ing garbage, rather than try and blood a young player in their place.

We stick together 11 players and hope we do enough to grind out the results, with only a few exceptions over the whole of McCoists tenure as boss.

It's torrid viewing and anyone who says otherwise is only kidding themselves.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 10:08
That was just a start. I love Ally but he should never have been and should not currently be Rangers manager. Any other man on this planet other than Walter Smith would have been sacked.

Last season Ibrox was half empty some weeks because people got sick of watching absolute drivel. This season attendances are down again (although the boardroom crap will have a lot to do with that) We are an awful team to watch, players who arrive seem to have any skill and flair actually coached out of them within weeks. Players are played out of position in virtually every game we play. We have no plan B, EVER, that f*cking 3 touch free kick into the wall should see players fined a weeks wages and dropped, set up defensively at home against the might Annan f*cking Athletic, cup record is appalling....

And it would just be a start for any manager.

Ferguson and Wenger for example signed a Tramp and a Korean guy for the sake of selling shirts respectively. The Korean guy has barely featured but rather handily was thrown on during a game against Man U for the sake of the number of viewers it would have and shirts it would sell.

You could list numerous achievements and failures during both managers careers, but they have also both had managerial careers spanning the best part of 50 years between them which means that they have had more time to learn, make mistakes, and progress and fail.

It evidently isn’t just the fans that are sick of the utter drivel. We have been placed in the league we are in not to progress, to hold us back. We haven’t been thrown in a nice pleasant little paddling pool to take baby steps. We have been thrown into a sewer of shit that stinks, spend enough time in a sewer and everyone will start to get sick of it.

I find a fair bit of the post you have made in terms of tactics, player progress and “that three touch free kick” a bit too much of a generalisation for me.

Our set peace work hasn't actually been that bad this season, both defensively and going forward.

At last check I think we had scored 12 goals this season as a result of free kicks and corners. I am no expert on numbers and stats when it comes to corners but I would imagine that is actually quite a decent return.

In the EPL I think Man U and Chelsea have the most with like 15 and 11, sure they play better sides, but they have better players than us playing for them. In terms of figures it offers a rough gauge that even though sides win a load of corners, scoring from them is pretty difficult

Really, how many times do you speak to fans of other clubs who say, things like, our corners and set plays are ****en magic! They don’t because they do fans of every clubs tits in! :)

As I said though, there are decisions made I don’t agree with. Last night as an example two left backs, seems odd baffles me, yet Wallace having that extra room meant he got forward and scores a goal.

As a manager McCoist is going about negating games in the way he sees fit, and does play players out of position, but he isn’t alone in doing that – and while frustrating, it isn'’t a sackable offence either.

Virgil Hilts
26-02-2014, 10:10
I thought it was clear by now to everyone that the footballing geniuses on FF would not only do a better job than McCoist, but than Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger, and Klopp.... Combined!!

two2tango
26-02-2014, 10:11
To the op McCoist is employed as a professional and therefore expert in football management with all that entails

He does not get performances or anything like entertaining football played to a degree which includes technical expertise

He is paid vast sums of money

The product produced is attrocius

We should employ someone who can make the team better it's that simple

McCoist couldn't do my job as he is not qualified

macattack2
26-02-2014, 10:12

Your clutching at straws mate. We play part time teams every week and last seasons results and performances along with this seasons shite we won't need an organised boycott, Ally in charge will drive away the punters in their thousands.

Earl of Leven
26-02-2014, 10:13
Was the OP crying as he typed that??!?!

I senses genuine emotion, some man love and a petted lip.

tkmcg
26-02-2014, 10:13
I was speaking to a bear at the last game of last season in the concourse of the clubdeck we were of course over the moon at completing the firs leg of what,s become known as our journey,The guys parting comment was the worrying thing is in his opinion was Ally had been out coached by every other coach in the league during the season,So if i run into the bear at the same game this season will he be saying the same.

auldashy21
26-02-2014, 10:15
I genuinely believe that most on here and a random guy off the street could make better use of this set of players than McCoist... and no, that is not a dig, its my honest opinion.

I would love to watch a training session to see what our squad of players actually do every day

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 10:17
Your clutching at straws mate. We play part time teams every week and last seasons results and performances along with this seasons shite we won't need an organised boycott, Ally in charge will drive away the punters in their thousands.

Are you really going to sit here and say that you couldn’t come up with list of results and daft decisions hundreds of managers have made?

If you chose to focus on the things managers have f*cked up you could make pretty much any manager in world football look like shit.

Earl of Leven
26-02-2014, 10:17
he's been a rock off the pitch, he speaks well, and he has respect of the fans, but....come on, he's never a top class modern coach. Anyone suggesting otherwise is mental.

Wickerman74
26-02-2014, 10:19
I was speaking to a bear at the last game of last season in the concourse of the clubdeck we were of course over the moon at completing the firs leg of what,s become known as our journey,The guys parting comment was the worrying thing is in his opinion was Ally had been out coached by every other coach in the league during the season,So if i run into the bear at the same game this season will he be saying the same.

Including one manager who never even made the game...

hazybear
26-02-2014, 10:20
Malmo
Maribor
Dundee Utd at home
Inverness Caley at home
Falkirk
Forfar away
Signing Foster
Signing Smith
Signing Peralta

I asked for factual evidence,
The only thing you have provided is your opinion.

auldashy21
26-02-2014, 10:21

Those are all facts?? :confused::confused:

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 10:21
he's been a rock off the pitch, he speaks well, and he has respect of the fans, but....come on, he's never a top class modern coach. Anyone suggesting otherwise is mental.

Who are you bracketing in as a “top class modern coach” though? guys like AVB, Rodgers, Mourinho and Klopp. Is he at that level, no, does he have to be, probably not, if we punt him tomorrow are we replacing him with a “top class modern coach”, no.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 10:24

Ferguson and Wenger for example signed a Tramp and a Korean guy for the sake of selling shirts respectively. The Korean guy has barely featured but rather handily was thrown on during a game against Man U for the sake of the number of viewers it would have and shirts it would sell.

You could list numerous achievements and failures during both managers careers, but they have also both had managerial careers spanning the best part of 50 years between them which means that they have had more time to learn, make mistakes, and progress and fail.

It evidently isn’t just the fans that are sick of the utter drivel. We have been placed in the league we are in not to progress, to hold us back. We haven’t been thrown in a nice pleasant little paddling pool to take baby steps. We have been thrown into a sewer of shit that stinks, spend enough time in a sewer and everyone will start to get sick of it.

I find a fair bit of the post you have made in terms of tactics, player progress and “that three touch free kick” a bit too much of a generalisation for me.

Our set peace work hasn't actually been that bad this season, both defensively and going forward.

At last check I think we had scored 12 goals this season as a result of free kicks and corners. I am no expert on numbers and stats when it comes to corners but I would imagine that is actually quite a decent return.

In the EPL I think Man U and Chelsea have the most with like 15 and 11, sure they play better sides, but they have better players than us playing for them. In terms of figures it offers a rough gauge that even though sides win a load of corners, scoring from them is pretty difficult

Really, how many times do you speak to fans of other clubs who say, things like, our corners and set plays are ****en magic! They don’t because they do fans of every clubs tits in! :)

As I said though, there are decisions made I don’t agree with. Last night as an example two left backs, seems odd baffles me, yet Wallace having that extra room meant he got forward and scores a goal.

As a manager McCoist is going about negating games in the way he sees fit, and does play players out of position, but he isn’t alone in doing that – and while frustrating, it isn'’t a sackable offence either.

I'm not sure where you thought I was generalising? I thought I was being very specific :D

3 touch free kick into the wall... Ally should tell Jig, Wallace and Black... Any of you try that f*cking abortion again and I'm fining and dropping you. The last person to score using that method was Boyd about 6 years ago.

Name one player who has joined us and improved? They all go backwards within weeks and you say it's because of the league we are playing in? I would say it's also to do with the standard of garbage that's around them on the field (all Ally's signings btw) and the appalling coaching (or lack of)

We have highly paid professionals on and off the park who are underperforming massively and it's not acceptable.

hazybear
26-02-2014, 10:24
Those are all facts?? :confused::confused:
No, they are not, please read posts again, only this time take a deep breath, and try to actally take in what is typed in the Queens English.

garyw09
26-02-2014, 10:26
There are guys on here who argued about Guardiola's tactics and said he played boring football when he was still at Barca.

The reality is we have an internet generation who think because they have google and play a bit of football manager on the computer that they are experts who know everything about the game.

macsloyal
26-02-2014, 10:27
Ally seems to be adopting a very lazy approach in his tenure so far. No attempt to establish any sort of style of play, which sees an aimless lump forward utilised far too often. No real attempt to integrate young players apart from the one who has proved to be a real success. A lazy signing policy that saw the inexplicable return of Smith and Foster.

We are all desperate for the man to succeed. He is a legend and will always have his position as a truly great Ranger. I only hope he can look back when his time as manager is up and say he gave it absolutely everything he had.

auldashy21
26-02-2014, 10:27
No, they are not, please read posts again, only this time take a deep breath, and try to actally take in what is typed in the Queens English.

Tell me what part(s) of his post was not fact?

Earl of Leven
26-02-2014, 10:28
Who are you bracketing in as a “top class modern coach” though? guys like AVB, Rodgers, Mourinho and Klopp. Is he at that level, no, does he have to be, probably not, if we punt him tomorrow are we replacing him with a “top class modern coach”, no.

HE doesn't have to be that good even, but same ball park would be nice:

On top of tactics, training, sport science, fitness, and working with younger players on touch, game awareness etc.

I saw first half of Dortmund game...and yes I was jealous. I know it's not comparing like for like, but they were also bankrupt, started again etc and last night they had a young team (already f***ed by injury) and tore Zenit apart...one touch stuff, glorious.

You know and I know that Ally buys them in, keeps them happy and tells them to go out and give 110% for the gaffer and that's it. I got texts from folk there last night...you can polish the turd if you like but it was a boring mess.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 10:31

Is that the best you can come up with? I've given a clear and concise LIST of examples why Ally isn't a good manager. It's not an opinion that we blew a 12 point lead in weeks. It's not an opinion that we were knocked out of the champions league by a pub team or that the ramsdens cup is the first final we have made in 3 seasons. You're another one of the people that will hear nothing bad about Ally regardless and rather than discuss it, you just come back with a smart arsed one liner. If you want to be deliberately obtuse that's fine though. :D

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 10:32
I'm not sure where you thought I was generalising? I thought I was being very specific :D

3 touch free kick into the wall... Ally should tell Jig, Wallace and Black... Any of you try that f*cking abortion again and I'm fining and dropping you. The last person to score using that method was Boyd about 6 years ago.

Name one player who has joined us and improved? They all go backwards within weeks and you say it's because of the league we are playing in? I would say it's also to do with the standard of garbage that's around them on the field (all Ally's signings btw) and the appalling coaching (or lack of)

We have highly paid professionals on and off the park who are underperforming massively and it's not acceptable.

McCulloch rattled in the rebound from that free kick earlier in the season did he not? :angel:

In part the league we are playing in is an issue yes, because irrespective of what we do or how we perform we “should be doing that anyway”.

You could argue a case that Lee Wallace has improved, but honestly how the **** can we actually know? He runs riot against part timers, great.

Has Bilel Mosnhi improved? I don’t know, I had never watched him before he arrived with us.

Has Faure improved? Maybe, he must have been pretty pish to get kicked out of France and no one show an interest in picking him up.

Has Cammy Bell improved, he is playing well and making decent saves.

The highly paid professionals have wanked the league (which they should) the “more than that” stuff is all just subjective there isn’t a defining way to gauge it, that is why I would say the league we are in is in part a problem.

In what is a results driven business they have picked up results. It is setting a really odd expectancy if for example, Wallace, storms in Murray Park today (weeks after asking the same group to take a pay cut) and basically tells them to “win more better”

53easy
26-02-2014, 10:34
There are guys on here who argued about Guardiola's tactics and said he played boring football when he was still at Barca.

The reality is we have an internet generation who think because they have google and play a bit of football manager on the computer that they are experts who know everything about the game.

I find Barcelona boring to watch.

I like players having shots at goals, scoring from crosses etc.
Don't like watching guys like Pique touching the ball 50 times for the sake of it.

footballhipster
26-02-2014, 10:36
See those folk that pretend to have an interest in football, like the OP, and the topic of football comes up in the pub (or in the queue at the tuck shop), what do folk like the OP add to the chat?

According to the ever increasing threads like this, no-one is actually allowed to have an opinion on football.

The sensitivity of folk on the internet always makes me laugh

I'm a fan of McCoist yet when I see someone have a go at him it has absolutely no impact on me. Why? Because FF is just an Internet forum and what is posted on here is utterly inconsequential

If folk have a gripe to air then so be it. The snide stuff in the OP is a perfect example of people taking this place far too seriously

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 10:40
McCulloch rattled in the rebound from that free kick earlier in the season did he not? :angel:

In part the league we are playing in is an issue yes, because irrespective of what we do or how we perform we “should be doing that anyway”.

You could argue a case that Lee Wallace has improved, but honestly how the **** can we actually know? He runs riot against part timers, great.

Has Bilel Mosnhi improved? I don’t know, I had never watched him before he arrived with us.

Has Faure improved? Maybe, he must have been pretty pish to get kicked out of France and no one show an interest in picking him up.

Has Cammy Bell improved, he is playing well and making decent saves.

The highly paid professionals have wanked the league (which they should) the “more than that” stuff is all just subjective there isn’t a defining way to gauge it, that is why I would say the league we are in is in part a problem.

In what is a results driven business they have picked up results. It is setting a really odd expectancy if for example, Wallace, storms in Murray Park today (weeks after asking the same group to take a pay cut) and basically tells them to “win more better”

Ok how about ones you may have seen?

Black? Gone backwards
Law? Gone backwards
Daly? Backwards
Jig? He played for Wigan in the EPL and was one of their best players?
Clark? Scored 40 odd goals in this league last season in a worse team and has gone backwards.

Oh and it's not Wallace's job to storm into Murray park it's Ally's. He should be dealing with form issues, training issues, tactical issues and f**king sorting them out so that we do the basics better. It's what he is paid an absolute fortune to do and if he can't do it properly then he shouldn't be there doing it at all

Instead he blames the wind, the playing surface, tiredness yaddah yaddah yaddah. Know what Ally
? if the wind is a problem stop letting your players lump the ball forward 40 yards in the air towards Marvin Andrews eh? Play the ball on the deck and bring on someone faster that can run at the two 60 year old centre backs. See if Templeton/Shiels/Daly/Little/Peralta/Foster is having an absolute nightmare?? How about you replace them with someone before the 80th minute? You know try and give the opposition something different to think about.

That's two very specific examples but there are so many different things that happen over and over again. He never learns from his mistakes. He repeats the same glaringly obvious mistakes week after week. It's absolutely soul destroying.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 10:43
HE doesn't have to be that good even, but same ball park would be nice:

On top of tactics, training, sport science, fitness, and working with younger players on touch, game awareness etc.

I saw first half of Dortmund game...and yes I was jealous. I know it's not comparing like for like, but they were also bankrupt, started again etc and last night they had a young team (already f***ed by injury) and tore Zenit apart...one touch stuff, glorious.

You know and I know that Ally buys them in, keeps them happy and tells them to go out and give 110% for the gaffer and that's it. I got texts from folk there last night...you can polish the turd if you like but it was a boring mess.

I have my own ideas and ways that I like to see football played. I would like to see us play like Liverpool, who simply just go out to f*ck teams up and use their power of force and better players to win games.

I have resigned myself to the fact that, that probably isnt possible for the time being.

As much as I love the idea that we have players who are on a greater wage than those they are playing the difference isn't that big, and IMO, it is because the difference between part time and 2k/5k a week isn’t actually that large, and I am not just referring to us.

We have a squad of run of the mill SPL players who were fortune to make it, maybe in the right place at the right time while the guys who havent made it werent.

The players we are watching are playing a different sport when compared to the likes of Liverpool and Dortmund.

McCoist probably knows that and has had to resign himself to that face. He went from working with guys who took culpability for their performance and winning titles to working with a shower of journeymen and misfits.

There is a hell of a difference between the players like Saurez, Sturridge and Reus who have been given elite coaching from the age of 10 and 11 to guys like Templeton (no disrespect intended) who was kicking about at Stenhousemuir into his late teens. To coach you need a decent level to work from and build on.

hazybear
26-02-2014, 10:45
Is that the best you can come up with? I've given a clear and concise LIST of examples why Ally isn't a good manager. It's not an opinion that we blew a 12 point lead in weeks. It's not an opinion that we were knocked out of the champions league by a pub team or that the ramsdens cup is the first final we have made in 3 seasons. You're another one of the people that will hear nothing bad about Ally regardless and rather than discuss it, you just come back with a smart arsed one liner. If you want to be deliberately obtuse that's fine though. :D
It would appear pointless debating this any further,
So I'll just say ok, if you say so.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 10:52
It would appear pointless debating this any further,
So I'll just say ok, if you say so.

Wow......... :D :blink:

auldashy21
26-02-2014, 10:52
Wow......... :D :blink:

The sign of a man defeated if you ask me :blink: :)

Earl of Leven
26-02-2014, 10:56
Jella

Where we differ is that I don't believe Ally is the best manager we could have in circumstances .... I don't think we've 'maxed out' at all.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 11:06
Jella

Where we differ is that I don't believe Ally is the best manager we could have in circumstances .... I don't think we've 'maxed out' at all.

Don’t differ on that at all, said it myself a couple of times in this thread.

Ok how about ones you may have seen?

Black? Gone backwards
Law? Gone backwards
Daly? Backwards
Jig? He played for Wigan in the EPL and was one of their best players?
Clark? Scored 40 odd goals in this league last season in a worse team and has gone backwards.

Oh and it's not Wallace's job to storm into Murray park it's Ally's. He should be dealing with form issues, training issues, tactical issues and f**king sorting them out so that we do the basics better. It's what he is paid an absolute fortune to do and if he can't do it properly then he shouldn't be there doing it at all

Instead he blames the wind, the playing surface, tiredness yaddah yaddah yaddah. Know what Ally
? if the wind is a problem stop letting your players lump the ball forward 40 yards in the air towards Marvin Andrews eh? Play the ball on the deck and bring on someone faster that can run at the two 60 year old centre backs. See if Templeton/Shiels/Daly/Little/Peralta/Foster is having an absolute nightmare?? How about you replace them with someone before the 80th minute? You know try and give the opposition something different to think about.

That's two very specific examples but there are so many different things that happen over and over again. He never learns from his mistakes. He repeats the same glaringly obvious mistakes week after week. It's absolutely soul destroying.

How do you define them going backwards though?

You have said McCulloch played for Wigan and was one of their best players, that was nearly 10 years ago now! He has aged a fair bit since then and is starting to wind down his career so surely it is only natural he will regress?

You have said HE SHOULD be dealing with form issues, training and tactical issues, genuinely how do you know he isn’t?

He has dropped the likes of Shiels, Templeton, Peralta and Foster this season, they haven’t been regulars. Daly hasn’t been dropped because he does score or assist every week, as a manager it isn’t a shock that Ally hasn’t been in a rush to drop him.

Again, who is culpable for that and what are they going to say to him? And are they saying it to the next manager.

Wallace to Ally/McCiness/Butcher/Rodgers/whoever

“Look I know Jon Daly scored last week but you need to drop him”

“look I know you haven’t lost in the league this season but go and play a bit better eh”

That kind of conversation is never realistically going to take place, and nor should it.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 11:15
Ok I get the point about jig.

I'm not sure any of Templeton, Shiels or Foster were dropped because of form. They were all injured and then weren't picked as soon as they we're fit. The same goes for Little.

Peralta was dropped because of his red card I would imagine? I'm not 100% certain though so I could be wrong. Daly unbelievably plays 90 minutes every week regardless of what he contributes... There must be a no sub clause in his contract.

Anyway you get the picture. I love the man, he is my favourite player of all time and IMO the greatest ever Ranger..... I just don't think he is very good at his current job.

davemac60
26-02-2014, 11:16
Will the FF OPINONATOS (new name for those that have one opinion on Ally) still have the same to say about, performance, team selection, money he is paid, and all that jazz IF at the end of the season we are:

LEAGUE ONE CHAMPIONS
SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS
RAMSDEN CUP WINNERS

I am also of the belief if we had arrived where we are now, league all but won, a Ramsden Cup final to look forward to, and at least a semi final Scottish cup tie at Ibrox to look forward to...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SUCCESS

reidy
26-02-2014, 11:17
Surely the OP can see that the same rules apply to the board. Many on here aren't business men but could they do a better job than the current board?

leerfc51
26-02-2014, 11:17
As much as I love Ally until he wins a credible trophy with credible oppoisition, IE the scottish cup this season is the only way to prove his doubters wrong.

I am a fan of Super and willing to give him time some aren't though and I can totally understand why with the performances we are served up with probably the majority of the time.

I still wouldn't have it any other way he's been to hell and back with us, he deserves it and I'll support him until I feel he cannot take us any further forward.

auldashy21
26-02-2014, 11:29
Will the FF OPINONATOS (new name for those that have one opinion on Ally) still have the same to say about, performance, team selection, money he is paid, and all that jazz IF at the end of the season we are:

LEAGUE ONE CHAMPIONS
SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS
RAMSDEN CUP WINNERS

I am also of the belief if we had arrived where we are now, league all but won, a Ramsden Cup final to look forward to, and at least a semi final Scottish cup tie at Ibrox to look forward to...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SUCCESS

Yes, because the way he sets his team up is wrong and boring!!

Yes we are getting results... but its painful to watch

The Big Cheese
26-02-2014, 11:32

Easily pleased loyal ^^^.

supergers07
26-02-2014, 13:01
stick Hazybear on your ignore lists.
He's an irritating annoying troll.

Sebo_Scores_For_Fun
26-02-2014, 13:02

This is a term you've used more than once recently, would you care to explain what it means exactly?

footballhipster
26-02-2014, 13:06
"Disgusting" must be the most overused adjective ever on here

The Bridge
26-02-2014, 13:19
Add to the fact every poster is the bestest ever manager the fact that every poster has designed the dream scouting policy that would have us Ajaxesque in a matter of a few seasons.

macattack2
26-02-2014, 13:24
Are you really going to sit here and say that you couldn’t come up with list of results and daft decisions hundreds of managers have made?

If you chose to focus on the things managers have f*cked up you could make pretty much any manager in world football look like shit.

I don't care about any other team or any other manager, ours is simply not up to the job. Him signing foster and smith was a sackable offence IMO on its own. He alone is driving the fans away quicker than the board.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 13:25
This is a term you've used more than once recently, would you care to explain what it means exactly?

As a manager his priority is to win games that is his remit, he can’t help the league we are playing in or the standard of opposition.

Above all else his priority is to win games, he was handed a budget and he signed what he thought were the players who could do that, and get us back to the top league. So, he is doing the job asked of him, and rightly or wrongly, he can consider that a success.

As much as we would like there to be there has been no blue print or path laid out for him to follow and stick to. We would prefer or like him to take responsibility for the long term future of the club, and perhaps in his mind that is what he is doing, but he has been handed that culpability which IMO is a complete cop out at boardroom level.

While someone like Wallace, Mather or Green may have stated at one time that there was a vision, or strategy, there isn’t.

Our path shouldn’t have been left to the manager, it should have been a strategic plan laid out and created with his advice, but not left to him. THAT has been the biggest mistake in all of this.

If you leave your football strategy to the manager then you are leaving yourself open to live and die by his vision, and if that vision isn’t right, you move on to the next manager, and the next, then the next and you leave your identity to opinion and idea.

I just can’t get pissed off at a football manager for winning games in the way others do. That is not to say they are wrong and I am right though. My frustration is placed at what I see, the areas and people who have failed us.

Through choice, the likes of Green, Mather etc have left us to be a result based club, and we have a result based manager who has been getting results.

magnus
26-02-2014, 13:25

I supported Walter through the nonsense prior to the Uefa final and I support Ally as well. He is safe in his position at the moment as it would cost money to shift him. The support are also split about him as manager and a board with no credibility amongst the support at large would be unable to survive the protests if they removed him.

Having said all of that we are very poor and the support are clearly frustrated with the teams poor performances. I just hope Ally takes note of last nights reaction to some player performances and acts or I fear for his long term position as manager.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 13:27
I don't care about any other team or any other manager, ours is simply not up to the job. Him signing foster and smith was a sackable offence IMO on its own. He alone is driving the fans away quicker than the board.

That is a f*cken ridiculous comment on so many levels. :D

Aragorn
26-02-2014, 13:31

To be fair if you or i were a part time player and we were playing the Mhob wouldnt you give the old ''110% Brian'' to try and get some kind of result?

RSEA2009
26-02-2014, 13:31

It is often said, its easy to critise when your losing

We are not losing and the bears can see the problems with McCoist

He has a Mike Tyson Wage bill and Squad to fight five year olds and is toiling

We have a squad full of international players and Ex SPL players and we are labouring against postmen and butchers and teachers

He has jettisoned promising youth players (Mitchell in particular) and brought in journeymen old pro's
He plays Cribari when he should be playing McAusland or Gasparotto

Ive a pot of Dulux in the Garage that could manage that squad to the 3rd division title, even better if you wanted to pay it £750,000 pa or the more pitiful £400,000

LanarkshireBlue
26-02-2014, 13:33
We used to say no man was bigger than the club. Obviously now, it is no longer applicable.

ICA_86
26-02-2014, 13:34

I just wish we had a management set up full of them.

SurreyBear73
26-02-2014, 13:36

If they are both on one year deals and he offers them new ones then he should be sacked for that.

texas_pedro
26-02-2014, 13:44
I think the people defending Mccoist by saying look at the league position and cup performance this year (ignoring the embarrassing exit from Forfar) are not looking at the bigger picture.

Mccoist may well get us back to the SPL in 3 years, which on paper no one could better. But we will be in a state where we will be lucky to compete with even the most average of SPL teams. He has shown no ability to adapt his tactics, his purchases have been a mixed bag (which or may not come down to the scouting, but the buck still lies with him), his use of youth has been abysmal, his comments have been embarrassing at times. You could go on.

I said on another thread he is a cheque book manager without a chequebook and he doesn't know what to do.

He is legend, and always will be, but he is at this current time a poor manager.

Manticore
26-02-2014, 14:17
of course prior to video games all supporters always thought their manager was correct at all times and nobody ever moaned :roll:

are you being serious?

Firstly, I didn't suggest that this was the case so I don't know why you say it to me.

Secondly, yes.

RSEA2009
26-02-2014, 14:27

they are facts

do you think its his opinion we got beaten off Malmo and Haribo
or his opinion we lost to Falkirk?

davemac60
26-02-2014, 14:28
Yes, because the way he sets his team up is wrong and boring!!

Yes we are getting results... but its painful to watch

Walter Smith took us to a European Cup Final not that long ago and basically parked the bus....was that also painful to watch and boring ?

Ubik
26-02-2014, 14:29
Walter Smith took us to a European Cup Final not that long ago and basically parked the bus....was that also painful to watch and boring ?

that 90 mins in manchester was the most painful and annoying game ive ever watched

RSEA2009
26-02-2014, 14:30

The Final was excruciating to watch
playing for a nil nil and hoping for a penalty win
with no plan B when they scored

it was fuqing horrific

Laudrup1
26-02-2014, 14:36

Football fans in having an opinion shocker. I forgot we're not allowed to comment on games.

Look. It's clear Ally isn't a very good manager. Too many blindingly obvious things have happened for it to be any different. I think we could likely do far better.

macattack2
26-02-2014, 14:52

Why?? It was lazy , unimaginative and pushes younger players further out the picture when we can afford to play them. What's wrong with him and his 2 assistants scouting the best young players around Scotland themselves before you hit me with any shite about scouts.

johnboy
26-02-2014, 14:59
No I couldn't personally but that's not my chosen profession but I'm sure a lot of people who are managers could definitely do a better job, IMO we're going nowhere with this guy in charge

Stuart_WATP
26-02-2014, 15:03
It's either Sack Ally or "you think you know better than him". Why can't we support him but still be able to see his flaws and discuss them? I'll come right out and say that where football is concerned, regardless of our league position, I do not rate him as a manager. I feel it's far more important he remains at the club though at the minute than sacking him in order to get someone in who will get the team playing better football. He's the only trustworthy character inside Ibrox that is in a powerful position, so, for now he will do.

In the small chance we return to the top flight and get our act together off the field then I will not apologise for stating clearly I'd get rid of him if we have any aspirations of winning the league and more importantly making any sort of remote impact on the European stage.

However, for the foreseeable future we are stuck with scumbags running our club so for that reason alone Ally has to stay. He does seem to unite the fans (not where his managerial skills are involved) and he had earned the trust of the vast majority.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 15:04
Why?? It was lazy , unimaginative and pushes younger players further out the picture when we can afford to play them. What's wrong with him and his 2 assistants scouting the best young players around Scotland themselves before you hit me with any shite about scouts.

Just to be clear here.

What you are saying is that you want Greame Wallace to call the media to Ibrox, stand at Ibrox in front of the national media and tell them “We have sacked Ally McCoist because he Foster”.

You want the wee yellow ticker on SSN to say “Rangers sack McCoist because he signed Foster” you want journalists asking Wallace to explain the decision. And you then want Wallace to go out and find a suitable replacement for the manager he sacked because he signed a player.

You want him to do that after the club agreed to sign off on the deal, our finance director agreed to the wages to pay for that deal, no one questioned the deal at the time or thought to find out why it was happening. You want him to do that while we are unbeaten and in the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup.

Remind me never to take a word you post on here seriously again.

macattack2
26-02-2014, 15:41
Just to be clear here.

What you are saying is that you want Greame Wallace to call the media to Ibrox, stand at Ibrox in front of the national media and tell them “We have sacked Ally McCoist because he Foster”.

You want the wee yellow ticker on SSN to say “Rangers sack McCoist because he signed Foster” you want journalists asking Wallace to explain the decision. And you then want Wallace to go out and find a suitable replacement for the manager he sacked because he signed a player.

You want him to do that after the club agreed to sign off on the deal, our finance director agreed to the wages to pay for that deal, no one questioned the deal at the time or thought to find out why it was happening. You want him to do that while we are unbeaten and in the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup.

Remind me never to take a word you post on here seriously again.

Answer one question smart arse, do you think signing RF and SS was a good move? "Yellow ticker!!" Get a grip drama queen.

JellaFella
26-02-2014, 15:44
Answer one question smart arse, do you think signing RF and SS was a good move? "Yellow ticker!!" Get a grip drama queen.

Aye I am the drama queen here....

I wouldn’t have signed them personally, no. I don't think that suggests it was a bad move though. McCoist went for players he knew and trusted and felt could do a job for him, they are on short term deals and probably peanuts for wages, hardly a sackable offence.

suramericaranger
26-02-2014, 15:53

:D:D:D

This raised a smile.

Walter Loyal
26-02-2014, 17:25
Malmo
Maribor
Dundee Utd at home
Inverness Caley at home
Falkirk
Forfar away
Signing Foster
Signing Smith
Signing Peralta

We actually did well in his first season. We were only one point behind Celtic come administration and were well and truly in the title race.

We were only one point worse off than the previous season when we won the title. I think only three or four times in the previous 16 years (since the league went to three points for a win) did we have a higher points total at that stage in the season.

There was no huge collapse as some have claimed. We dropped points, the same as we did any other season. The reason Celtic were able to close the gap is because they had two games in hand and went on a 17 game winning streak which none of us foreseen.

Ally is doing a good job under very difficult circumstances. I think people forget we lost a squad of players worth over £30m, which included both our best senior players and our best youngsters.

I was impressed with his work in the summer transfer window and we've saw huge progress in the team. Daly, Law and Mohsni have all been good signings. Clark has shown he has potential. Foster is an easy scapegoat for some who had already made their minds up. He's been ok this season. Smith has done the job asked of him, an affordable back-up man for Wallace. Peralta has looked ok in patches but it will take time to settle. It's a bit culture shock for him. It may not work out but not every transfer does. It's not easy when you don't even have a scouting system in place.

The best way to judge a manager's success in the transfer market is to look at how the team has progressed.

We're unbeaten, scoring goals for fun, and keeping numerous clean sheets. We may have a treble come the end of the season. The team has made huge progress this season.

This is a huge rebuilding job though. We still have a long way to go. It will take time and major investment if we want to get back to where we belong, winning titles.

Ubik
26-02-2014, 17:33
We actually did well in his first season. We were only one point behind Celtic come administration and were well and truly in the title race.

We were only one point worse off than the previous season when we won the title. I think only three or four times in the previous 16 years (since the league went to three points for a win) did we have a higher points total at that stage in the season.

There was no huge collapse as some have claimed. We dropped points, the same as we did any other season. The reason Celtic were able to close the gap is because they had two games in hand and went on a 17 game winning streak which none of us foreseen.

Ally is doing a good job under very difficult circumstances. I think people forget we lost a squad of players worth over £30m, which included both our best senior players and our best youngsters.

I was impressed with his work in the summer transfer window and we've saw huge progress in the team. Daly, Law and Mohsni have all been good signings. Clark has shown he has potential. Foster is an easy scapegoat for some who had already made their minds up. He's been ok this season. Smith has done the job asked of him, an affordable back-up man for Wallace. Peralta has looked ok in patches but it will take time to settle. It's a bit culture shock for him.

The best way to judge a manager's success in the transfer market is to look at how the team has progressed
We're unbeaten, scoring goals for fun, and keeping numerous clean sheets. We may have a treble come the end of the season. The team has made huge progress this season.

This is a huge rebuilding job though. We still have a long way to go. It will take time and major investment if we want to get back to where we belong, winning titles.

1. maybe ive missed something but ally did well in his first season?

2.having the 2nd biggest wage bill and every other advantage yet we are still having embarrassing results against part time footballers, id say his circumstances regarding the opposition are favourable and not difficult.

3. huge progress? results wise in the league but performance wise i cant see much different right now between this season and last.

53easy
26-02-2014, 17:35

2.having the 2nd biggest wage bill and every other advantage yet we are still having embarrassing results against part time footballers, id say his circumstances regarding the opposition are favourable and not difficult.

3. huge progress? results wise in the league but performance wise i cant see much different right now between this season and last.

Performance wise? what does that mean?

We are averaging 3 goals a game
Sides like Peterhead were pumping us last year.

ChicagoBear
26-02-2014, 17:37

When people defend McCoist and say we "done well his first season" you know there's no point in continuing.

Walter Loyal
26-02-2014, 17:42
When people defend McCoist and say we "done well his first season" you know there's no point in continuing.

In the cups we were poor but in the league we did well. This wasn't a Paul le Guen season, out the title race by Christmas. We could have woin the title if it wasn't for administration. I will repeat...

We were only one point behind Celtic come administration and were well and truly in the title race.

And remember all the off-field crap started from day one under Whyte. Ally was working with one hand tied behind his back since day one. He was led on a wild goose chase throughout the summer transfer window. We were bidding for players we never had any intention of signing and Ally mostly ended up with 4th and 5th choice signings. Goian and Boca, for example, were 4th and 5th choice signings.

blue homer
26-02-2014, 17:47
Walter Smith took us to a European Cup Final not that long ago and basically parked the bus....was that also painful to watch and boring ?yes it was still painful to watch but you accepted it because you were playing against better teams with far bigger budgets but your telling us its the same playing against the likes of Stranraer and all the rest of the part timers,get a grip

ChicagoBear
26-02-2014, 17:57
In the cups we were poor but in the league we did well. This wasn't a Paul le Guen season, out the title race by Christmas. We could have woin the title if it wasn't for administration. I will repeat...

We were only one point behind Celtic come administration and were well and truly in the title race.

And remember all the off-field crap started from day one under Whyte. Ally was working with one hand tied behind his back since day one. He was led on a wild goose chase throughout the summer transfer window. We were bidding for players we never had any intention of signing and Ally mostly ended up with 4th and 5th choice signings. Goian and Boca, for example, were 4th and 5th choice signings.

We were out of 3 cups by 12th September and we lost a 10 (potentially 13) point lead before Xmas.

We were out of 3 cups in the first round we competed in and the 2nd round in the other cup. Dont pretend that it was a good effort. Post Admin you cant be critical but before it we sure as hell can be!

Not surprising there's excuses blaming anyone or anything other than the manager. Shocked?? of course not.

Walter Loyal
26-02-2014, 17:58
yes it was still painful to watch but you accepted it because you were playing against better teams with far bigger budgets but your telling us its the same playing against the likes of Stranraer and all the rest of the part timers,get a grip

Have you ever actually been happy as a Rangers fan?

Throughout my time I don't remember us ever playing this fast free flowing football which the FF experts seem to crave. Maybe for periods under Advocaat but the team did cost £70m+ to assemble and included several Dutch internationals.

We've had some good displays this season and we've had some bad displays but overall we've done well. That's pretty much the way it's been throughout my time supporting Rangers.

We're on a 32 match unbeaten run. We have won 30 of those, drawn 2, 98 goals scored, 14 conceded, with 23 clean sheets.

Despite those figures some still cannot make even the slightest positive remark. Everything is doom and gloom.

Some people are just never happy. A first European final in over 30 years, 8 trophies in four seasons, 3 in a row and the same footballing 'philosophers' were still slating Walter. Walter was getting similar criticism from the 'experts' within our support throughout that period. There is a very negative element in our support who are just never happy.

Thornliebank_Bear
26-02-2014, 17:58
90 minutes, hands in his pockets, poking little bits of litter with the tip of his shoe, offering no direction towards the team...but knowing fine well that having a full time and better playing squad guarantees the league trophy means many fans are happy with 3rd rate football.

The man and his assistants aint anywhere near the best value for money we can get, so why do we accept it?

I hope he steps down at the end of the season and allows the club to build for a better future with a decent coaching staff.

Derek McInnes would fit the bill in my opinion.

I think Ally actually believes hes doing pretty well, as crazy as that sounds, so no chance of him standing down anytime soon. Walter and other ex players will be telling him hes doing a great job and these are people he trusts and believes in. He will also be thinking theres a chance dave is going to ride to the rescue with crazy amounts of cash so we can carry on with the holidaymaking and chilling out during the week and still have enough to beat motherwell or hibs on match day.

Dont know why we accept it, some fans dont see it i suppose some are in love with the guy and sadly deluded, i dont see where this ends either even if we struggle in the championship you can bet every penny of your savings that a large section of the support will compare it to the english championship and point to how tough it is for clubs down to win promotion to the top division.

blue homer
26-02-2014, 18:03
Aye I am the drama queen here....

I wouldn’t have signed them personally, no. I don't think that suggests it was a bad move though. McCoist went for players he knew and trusted and felt could do a job for him, they are on short term deals and probably peanuts for wages, hardly a sackable offence.
That's the point he went for players that he thought could do a job for him,the one in particular that you mentioned a few times being RF has been abysmal but mccoist bought him knowing he would be second choice therefore wasting money we don't have,but also restricting any youngsters from progressing. All mccoist has done is waste money on journeymen who know the game and can cover his own inadequacies

Artmedia5
26-02-2014, 18:09
Players like Law and Daly have been here a good while and haven't lost a game in a Rangers jersey. We are the only unbeaten team in the UK despite being forced to start the season with Trialists. Yet people on here would like to see the manager sacked:confused:

mentalbox
26-02-2014, 18:19

No no there are one or two of you who could not :p

Labboy
26-02-2014, 18:47
No a couldn't do a better job than Ally, no way no how.

Three Bears
26-02-2014, 19:34
Everyone to their own profession, Ally,s is television, cheeky chappie, everyone's friend, myself and many more bears I know have stopped going, more empty seats by the week appearing, the football on show is boring, players who can play are stagnant either out of position or just going through the motions, tactics very basic, youth not getting a chance etc

dh1963
26-02-2014, 19:38
It's no criticism of our current manager - but I would do a better job. I'd also have done a better job than Davie White, Willie Waddell, Jock Wallace (twice), John Greig, Graeme Souness, Walter Smith (twice), Dick Advocaat and Paul Le Guen.

Bill_McCai
26-02-2014, 19:45
Notice how the OP hasn't been back since this embarrassment?

Three Bears
26-02-2014, 19:46
It's no criticism of our current manager - but I would do a better job. I'd also have done a better job than Davie White, Willie Waddell, Jock Wallace (twice), John Greig, Graeme Souness, Walter Smith (twice), Dick Advocaat and Paul Le Guen.

Let you away with the rest but Le Guen pushing it there a bit mate

willie fae the drumy
26-02-2014, 20:02
what a statement to make do we think we can do a better job were football fans, if you watch a bricklayer making a **** of a wall and its a abortion and you say to him his reply is can you do better of course not your not a bricky but your job is shite ,get a another bricky that can do it- I'm a season ticket holder and some of the performance this year and last have been poor to say the least and thats against part-timers for **** sake .would some other professional manager do a better job than ally is the question?

willie fae the drumy
26-02-2014, 20:03
what a statement to make do we think we can do a better job were football fans, if you watch a bricklayer making a **** of a wall and its a abortion and you say to him his reply is can you do better of course not your not a bricky but your job is shite ,get a another bricky that can do it- I'm a season ticket holder and some of the performance this year and last have been poor to say the least and thats against part-timers for **** sake .would some other professional manager do a better job than ally is the question?

willie fae the drumy
26-02-2014, 20:05

the_muir
26-02-2014, 20:09

Bang on mate too many Bashers on here. I dont know any manager that has been through what he has.

Yorkhill_True_Blues
26-02-2014, 20:13
Notice how the OP hasn't been back since this embarrassment?

Pffft. Seriously? Embarrassment for stating what I think in supporting of the manager of Rangers.

Aye ok.

Not embarrassed nor ashamed of my support to Mccoist. Will continue to support the man and the team home and away.

gowderry74
26-02-2014, 20:23

And the answer is most DEFINITELY Yes!

McCoist will always be a Rangers hero in my opinion, but the gentleman is not a Rangers manager.

This not McCoist bashing by the way I like the man, and he has held it together big time and will be listed in Rangers history for doing so.

I am purely talking team selection, tactics and development, motivation and ability to change a game, evidence tells me this is not his strength at least upto this point in time.

But the biggest concern right now is our immediate and short term future in the right hands, any sort of transition is going to be messy in my opinion!

Bill_McCai
26-02-2014, 20:25
Pffft. Seriously? Embarrassment for stating what I think in supporting of the manager of Rangers.

Aye ok.

Not embarrassed nor ashamed of my support to Mccoist. Will continue to support the man and the team home and away.

That wasn't what this thread is about nor the reason you started it.

the blue badger
26-02-2014, 20:29
Seems to me like he's doing a pretty decent job considering what we've gone through, ie losing pretty much our entire first team squad, almost going out of business, getting hee-haw for our best players, forcing the manager to rebuild from scratch, mostly with kids. We're currently romping the league, 50 goals and 21 points ahead of our nearest competitors, undefeated in the league all season. I just don't get what more people expect.

bigles99
26-02-2014, 20:31

FFS mate your blue specs must be thick , take them of and have a good look at the dross your watching, and it's not the players fault even tho some might not be very good.:eek::eek:

BLUEROB
26-02-2014, 20:31

So, your admitting you won't be as good as Alex McLeish was?

GioLoyal
26-02-2014, 20:58
Oh dear OP.

What a riddy.

Yorkhill_True_Blues
26-02-2014, 21:18
That wasn't what this thread is about nor the reason you started it.

Why did I start it other than to state that it doesn't matter what Ally does......he will be slated on here.

Tell me why I started it?

business_bear
26-02-2014, 21:23
I don't think I would do a better job but then Im not being paid hansomely to.

Even before Administration the team was in free fall.

Over the Administration/Liquidation period he was a rock and handled himself admirably but can anyone seriously see us winning the top division with Ally in charge? Not in my opinion.

Bill_McCai
26-02-2014, 21:26
Why did I start it other than to state that it doesn't matter what Ally does......he will be slated on here.

Tell me why I started it?

Your OP spouted some pish about football fans that don't agree with McCoist MUST think that they would be better managers than him.

As if my some bonkers reasoning that every football fan should agree with every decision that a manager makes.

And then you went baws oot staunch by playing "bet they don't even go to the games" card.

Your post didn't defend McCoist. It was a go at posters on a Rangers forum.

If you can detail what makes McCoist a good manager then THAT will be defending McCoist. Not some passive aggressive, condescending shite that football fans must never argue with the manager.

Yorkhill_True_Blues
26-02-2014, 21:41
Yep thats it, its after one game and one thing and one thing that people are pointing towards.

Its all the time, every time.

......and yes staunch uber whatever you want to call it. I will comment upon games and players I see. Not just come up with things to continue the Ally bashing with no basis.

But if I slag mccoist I will do so constructively.

Your OP spouted some pish about football fans that don't agree with McCoist MUST think that they would be better managers than him.

As if my some bonkers reasoning that every football fan should agree with every decision that a manager makes.

And then you went baws oot staunch by playing "bet they don't even go to the games" card.

If you can detail what makes McCoist a good manager then THAT will be defending McCoist. Not some passive aggressive, condescending shite that football fans must never argue with the manager.

daven37
26-02-2014, 21:44
Came down mate.

I am certainly 100% behind McCoist.

People are entitled to their opinions and if they thing Ally is not up to it then that's their view. If you have a different view then places like this are ideal to argue the case for and against.

Nobody hates Ally McCoist on here - if they do then they can fxxk off - but they are entitled to an opinion on how he is doing his job.

mentalbox
26-02-2014, 22:12

thats is fair comment imo

JellaFella
27-02-2014, 08:56
That's the point he went for players that he thought could do a job for him,the one in particular that you mentioned a few times being RF has been abysmal but mccoist bought him knowing he would be second choice therefore wasting money we don't have,but also restricting any youngsters from progressing. All mccoist has done is waste money on journeymen who know the game and can cover his own inadequacies

Jon Daly could be considered a journeymen but he has been a perfectly acceptable short term signing, scored plenty of goals, plenty of assists, all things considered he has been a very good bit of business.

Smith – many would consider a journeymen. His selection and name being in the team, more so when played Left Mid is never seen as acceptable, and tends to cause a massive kick up on a match thread, yet on the park his performances have been fine.

The balance and mix of signings probably has been waited in favour of experience rather than youth but we have still made additions like Clark, Bell, Law, Moshni, Templeton who can be with us longer term.

McCoist is just like most managers he isn’t going to get every signing right. No manager does! Pep as an example was offered the best part of 100 million pounds worth of talent in Ibrahimovic and Chyrrynski and couldn’t manage to integrate either player into his side, and when you are speaking of sides like Barca and they players you are talking top value when it has to work.

Foster was a minimal cost gamble that hasn’t worked, the key part now is that we learn from it. And in all honesty, as we progress and move forwards so should the standard of signing, caveat being the level of investment that can be paid on fees, scouting etc. If we don’t improve areas like scouting the chances are we will continue to make signings who are seen as minimal risk.

ICA_86
27-02-2014, 09:06
If we all dilute it down, the main issue with Ally is that we're boring to watch. You can seek a UEFA Coaching License style answer all you like, but that's the bare bones of it.

Simple as that. There's no entertainment in seeing Rangers go through the motions to beat a part-time team by a goal or two. There's no urgency, no willingness to take a risk even though the title was guaranteed before a ball was kicked, no obvious development in our play.

If we played more exciting stuff, the majority of Ally's doubters would turn.

Wee Jimmy
27-02-2014, 09:27

From the Forrest forum

Thread
Describe this season in 5 words

One answer
Unlucky but Billy Davis lacks bottle

Not getting at you personally but Ally is not the worst out there and he did not leave the sinking ship. Just wish he would leave at least one up front at corner kicks must make the opposition managers job just that wee bit easier knowing he does not do it