PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Integrity pt 2435.... Motherwell this time..

Artmedia5
24-02-2014, 21:26
Following discussions with North Lanarkshire Council, the MFC Community Trust has secured funding from the Big Lottery to carry out a community-wide consultation and transform the existing Muirhouse pitches into a vibrant new community facility to include a new 3G sports pitch, grass pitches, upgraded pavilion, and a new Learning Centre which will include multi purpose rooms, café, gym, and other community facilities.
The new facility will create employment, training, and volunteering opportunities for local people and will also provide a focus for a wide range of activities delivered by existing organisations in the area.
A new access road is also proposed through to the site.
Commenting on the new proposals, General Manager of the Community Trust Charlie Bennett said: ?We are really excited by these new proposals and would like to thank North Lanarkshire Council for the supportive stance they have taken towards the project and to the Big Lottery Fund for funding the community consultation and the creation of the business plan.
?The new facility will provide a focus for community activity in the area and already we have identified a wide range of programmes that can be delivered from it covering health and wellbeing, lifelong learning, employability and inclusion.

However, the community consultation will allow local people their say on what they feel they facility should be doing, what activities should be taking place there, and how local people can get involved in its development.
?This community consultation process will start in the next couple of weeks and we want everyone in Muirhouse to have the opportunity to have their say through the roadshows, meetings, and questionnaires that will be set up.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiE1aXyhTBc#t=24

JammiesBear
24-02-2014, 22:19
Am I missing something here? Is this bad?

Scottb1872
24-02-2014, 22:26
What in that makes you so annoyed?!

am proud 2 b blue
24-02-2014, 22:33
just give me a reason - and i'll say I'm beelin and put an angry face in the post

canterburyblue
24-02-2014, 22:35
I'm furious about whatever it is.

schmohawk
24-02-2014, 22:36
How dare they build better facilities for the community...the swines

first250worldrecord
24-02-2014, 22:37
Am pure ragin :mad:

JammiesBear
24-02-2014, 22:38
This may not go the way the OP thought it would :D

Dave1873
24-02-2014, 22:39
Facilities for weans in the shitehole that is muirhouse?

The bastards.

mpayton15277
24-02-2014, 22:39
Is this the Motherwell version of state aid?

mpayton15277
24-02-2014, 22:41
This may not go the way the OP thought it would :D

Post #2 set the tone for the thread. :D

Amity75
My kid plays for the Community team. This really is fantastic news.

talktalk
I canae believe the coonsil.

JammiesBear
24-02-2014, 22:43
If I played the lottery I would cease buying tickets. Who do they think they are?

barryhopez
24-02-2014, 22:52
I've read and re read, and still can't fathom out what I've to be raging about.

A truly bizarre thread.

Roddy1968
24-02-2014, 22:52
Ragin....building facilities for the community. Whatever next-they are getting more obvious every day. Torches and pitchforks looked out and just waiting on the ferry to get over :)

Artmedia5
24-02-2014, 22:59
If Motherwell FC aren't getting the keys for a state of the art training complex funded by local council/lottery then i don't have a problem with it. Or maybe i've got it all wrong.:)

bullseye4
24-02-2014, 23:01
Thank f@ck for this thread, cos I am sitting here fit to burst with rage and I just needed this to push me over the edge!!!!!!

JammiesBear
24-02-2014, 23:02
Everything in that statement screams community. learning centres, cafes and community facilities. Even if MFC use it for training then the lottery will make sure that it is a community facility first and foremost. MFC might even have to pay to hire it for training

JamesRiverside
24-02-2014, 23:19
I'm away to get a can of juice :mad:

Scottb1872
24-02-2014, 23:20
My kid plays for the Community team. This really is fantastic news.

You need to boycott it now! :mad:

blueger
24-02-2014, 23:20
Beeling so am not.

waltersboy
24-02-2014, 23:25
Following discussions with North Lanarkshire Council, the MFC Community Trust has secured funding from the Big Lottery to carry out a community-wide consultation and transform the existing Muirhouse pitches into a vibrant new community facility to include a new 3G sports pitch, grass pitches, upgraded pavilion, and a new Learning Centre which will include multi purpose rooms, café, gym, and other community facilities.
The new facility will create employment, training, and volunteering opportunities for local people and will also provide a focus for a wide range of activities delivered by existing organisations in the area.
A new access road is also proposed through to the site.
Commenting on the new proposals, General Manager of the Community Trust Charlie Bennett said: ?We are really excited by these new proposals and would like to thank North Lanarkshire Council for the supportive stance they have taken towards the project and to the Big Lottery Fund for funding the community consultation and the creation of the business plan.
?The new facility will provide a focus for community activity in the area and already we have identified a wide range of programmes that can be delivered from it covering health and wellbeing, lifelong learning, employability and inclusion.

However, the community consultation will allow local people their say on what they feel they facility should be doing, what activities should be taking place there, and how local people can get involved in its development.
?This community consultation process will start in the next couple of weeks and we want everyone in Muirhouse to have the opportunity to have their say through the roadshows, meetings, and questionnaires that will be set up.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiE1aXyhTBc#t=24
Well done them , if we get www.Rangersfirst.org going we can do the same , ie get government cash to help our community and Club

talktalk
24-02-2014, 23:44
Everything in that statement screams community. learning centres, cafes and community facilities. Even if MFC use it for training then the lottery will make sure that it is a community facility first and foremost. MFC might even have to pay to hire it for training

Trust you, how long do you think it would have taken the op to work out MFC will have to pay to use it ? Now you have killed the thread as it was bubbling away.:D

JammiesBear
24-02-2014, 23:46
Trust you, how long do you think it would have taken the op to work out MFC will have to pay to use it ? Now you have killed the thread as it was bubbling away.:D

I just looked upon it as a danish giraffe. :D

broxijim
25-02-2014, 00:07
The op should boycott the loto to get his point across.

ttbluenose
25-02-2014, 11:02
I'm furious about whatever it is.

I dont know what it is but I dont like it!

http://i61.tinypic.com/21jn5tw.jpg

:roll:

TN8
25-02-2014, 11:06
I will be absolutely beeling about this as soon as someone tells me what it is I should be beeling about..... I'll only do the one angry face for now :mad: there, but there's plenty more where that came from!

<FEELTHEBEEL>

grantanti
25-02-2014, 11:17
I'm writing a letter as we speak, no idea what I'm complaining about, but I'm doing it anyway.

TN8
25-02-2014, 11:40
The BLUE POUND must be involved somewhere. I'm going to boycott something.

:mad:

Artmedia5
25-02-2014, 12:08
Haha folks.. I could just imagine the outcry if Rangers were tenants of a shiny, new training complex at little cost to the club funded by lottery and taxpayers money. Leaving out the community side of the debate, Motherwell FC have won a watch here. The last I checked we had to fork out £14m for our ground not to mention it's monthly upkeep. Do school kids not play football in Milngalvie:confused::)