PDA

View Full Version : who will be our leader to get our club back

loyalistpicken
24-02-2014, 13:10
One person has to make a stand and aim straight at the Temples of our current board and bring them down collectively who is that Leader :confused:

he needs to call a press conference state what is happeneing. We have all the Groups wanting the same Yet no one to lead. For the sake of our club something needs to be done , a mass vocal but peaceful demo something I dunno something that will make the news without causing any sort of trouble . Someone who has some clout somewhere Needs to stand Now

DejaVoodoo
24-02-2014, 13:12
Sons of struth with the Union of fans is the best option.

Grandmaster_Suck
24-02-2014, 13:12
Do it yourselves.

loyalistpicken
24-02-2014, 13:14
Do it yourselves. we are few big fella... you know what im saying someone who has the clout can start the lot rolling.

Davemc043
24-02-2014, 13:23
Bomber doesn't have his Dundee issues to worry about now. I wonder if he would step up to the plate again?

Hopefully Pdee can confirm

gertilidie
24-02-2014, 13:24
Do it yourselves.

No Suck, we're a shambles and need leadership . We need the fans groups to unite and elect a spokesperson.

Rapido

DejaVoodoo
24-02-2014, 13:27
Basically its easier to have a leading group and everyone contributing from there.

loyalistpicken
24-02-2014, 13:29

Mate I really hear what you say but how many know about SOS really ffer's VB's and other forums are aware Rangers support is far Bigger than Forums. if they did take it on they'd need to make sure it gets a world wide audience etc . Press conference clearly stating what is going on leave our fanbase in no doubt what is happening. all our supporters clubs need to be singing from the same song sheet or at least the majority . they need to state Do not renew ST. I know it will hurt manay many a bear But that way at least it is some sort of Direct action and with one person leading we have someone to guide not many people all trying different methods . 1 leader with all our backing

CDizzle
24-02-2014, 13:31
We won't get far with media like the one we have to deal with. Any attempt to fight back will be smeared or not given the oxygen of publicity.

Bristol_bnose
24-02-2014, 13:34
We won't get far with media like the one we have to deal with. Any attempt to fight back will be smeared or not given the oxygen of publicity.

An easy excuse for the fact that as a collective support we have achieved f88k all in the last 3 years apart from in fighting, allegations and acrimony.

macattack2
We need one that's for sure, Walter smith if he can be arsed

tdb1873
Paul Murray with the Sons of Struth

loyalistpicken
24-02-2014, 13:36

sorry mate then your letting the side doon with that attitude it's time now to fight dirty .. fk do it real dirty as well all within the law it can be achieved

paisleyprod
we need clout.

Q Why to so few ex players / managers want involved or say anything? High profile ex players / managers would be best to lead us. Failing that, we really need to smarten up

CDizzle
An easy excuse for the fact that as a collective support we have achieved f88k all in the last 3 years apart from in fighting, allegations and acrimony.

I agree with that.

WokinghamBear
No Suck, we're a shambles and need leadership . We need the fans groups to unite and elect a spokesperson.

Rapido

I agree with the sentiment but we would be waiting a long, long time for people to put differences aside long enough to do that.

As a front man for it, Walter Smith and Ally McCoist are the only people I can think of with the general clout to get 80-90% of the wider support to follow their lead.

Richard Gough may be another but is one who is more respected than idolised/loved by the support. Of course, that might put him in the best position in many ways - we need someone who will do the right thing, which could be the hardest thing at times.

CDizzle
24-02-2014, 13:37

Why Paul Murray? Hasn't he made a balls of things enough times already?

gramps1
24-02-2014, 13:46
We need one that's for sure, Walter smith if he can be arsed

There's only one choice to unite all fans and he's yer man

replay
24-02-2014, 13:51
Walter Smith gets my vote.

Bristol_bnose
24-02-2014, 13:59
It's up to supporters to starve them out and take direct action.

I can't think of a well kent face who would be prepared to be seen as the figurehead of such an initiative. Certainly not Walter Smith.

soblue2001
24-02-2014, 13:59
Walter Smith and Richard Gough together?

isawthat
24-02-2014, 14:02
Do it yourselves.

That's our problem Grandmaster.

We are a scatter gun rabble, firing blanks in every direction.

We need someone to stand up and say, Follow Follow Me, enough is enough.

Problem is, we have been saying the same for two years now and it might be too late. I fear the worst, it may be all over for us and the club.

archimedes
24-02-2014, 14:17
I honestly think it is going to take a Rangers supporter winning 100 million on the Euromillions and saying "Right, **** it, how much do you spiv ****s want for your shares?
No one with any cash seems to have been willing to part with it over the last 2 years and the spivs are running rings around the support.

millar brand
24-02-2014, 14:20
Do it yourselves.

Don't you think it needs some kind of coordination ? "Do it yourselves" doesn't really get us very far does it ?

Bristol_bnose
24-02-2014, 14:26
Don't you think it needs some kind of coordination ? "Do it yourselves" doesn't really get us very far does it ?

We have fans groups, and the level of coordination from them is worse than if they didnt actually exist.

What it needs is for every bear who is concerned to get off there arse and tell ten of their mates or around where you sit at games why they shouldn't put another penny into the club. Make banners, print flyers, or do whatever they can. Dont wait for a clarion call, because it isn't coming.

People could mobilise before the internet. I think the problem is that people now sit in front of a screen waiting for someone else to do something (myself included).

Exilenla
24-02-2014, 14:58
Gordon Smith is the man!

kclarkhall
24-02-2014, 15:00
Walter Smith.

We've been saying this for over a year now, no one will step up.

Support cluan place
24-02-2014, 15:03
Why don't the trust etc: approach an ex player or Walter and ask them to be a figurehead ? The trust etc: say they are voice of the fans. Well it's time for them to unite us.

Lead the way.

isawthat
24-02-2014, 15:04
Gordon Smith is the man!

Or John Greig, or Richard Gough, unfortunately it just isn't going to happen.

blueismycolour
24-02-2014, 15:11
we are few big fella... you know what im saying someone who has the clout can start the lot rolling.

I think what SUCK is saying, no sorry I know what he is saying, if your not a member of the TRUST, you are on your own.

Just the attitude we need right now.

bearfaecumbernauld
24-02-2014, 15:45
Gordon Smith would get my vote with Alex Rae or Richard Gough too.

The fans groups have too much baggage and they struggle to coordinate the fans. Lets face it they have failed bar one march to Hampden.

Our club was being shafted, left right and centre and we had no cohesion.

However, we still will need Dave King if he is prepared to put the initial money up front and have a members scheme to put in monthly subs on top of the season ticket money.

dooman42
24-02-2014, 15:45
Rangers are to us many fans the world over our life its in our blood the same way that Ulster is to us loyalists i think the time may come to deal with this scum board the way certain things in Ulster gets sorted the board will take a step to far then they must accept what will come to each of them

chilebear
24-02-2014, 15:50
Walter Smith and Richard Gough together?

Gough wouldn't do it. I think he's the type of guy who'd want paying for it as well.

onedadoprso1
24-02-2014, 15:53
Not one of our potential figure heads has the balls for this.

The club made them very wealthy men but when the club needed them they failed it. This fact can't be ignored.

Unforgivable.

East Coast Blue Nose
24-02-2014, 16:16
Donald Findlay:articulate,telegenic and a mind like a steel trap.Or is this still too much like common sense for some bears on here.

jdm1873
24-02-2014, 16:22

Rapido

Totally agree with this.

Currently we have separate fans groups and what we need is a body to unite our groups behind people who have the best interests of the club at heart.

You can then properly elect board members as well. Difficulty is that this all takes time and clearly time is running out before all our assets are divided up to the various "investors".

Exilenla
24-02-2014, 17:26
Or John Greig, or Richard Gough, unfortunately it just isn't going to happen.

I asked Gough that before... and he distanced himself from the issue.

It's my feeling that the Goughs, Watty etal will not take up the issue for the fear of failure - which will then result in them being BANISHED from Ibrox under the current regime - look at Bomber :o

I feel Gordon Smith is the man, and he should be sounded out on the issue. I know a few on here have contact with him - may I ask that you take it up with him, and see where we go.

I feel he is sharp, articulate, and well respected; hence a great fit for what we need.

Cheers

garyC
24-02-2014, 17:30
Bomber doesn't have his Dundee issues to worry about now. I wonder if he would step up to the plate again?

Hopefully Pdee can confirm

Why would he do that after what happened the last time, the abuse he suffered from some of our fans was shocking as they all fell in line behind Green.

kirkieger
24-02-2014, 17:40
Why would anyone put themselves up for that gig? The support is so fragmented the job would be a poison chailce.

tazzabear
24-02-2014, 17:50

Was going to say similar in that it would be the fans.
I really do not see who could/would be that person.
Well, I do have one name but this will court controversy on here.
Yes, if McCoist gets the sack, he might just be the man here.
No real evidence for this other than him not going fully with the board at AGM time.

pdee
24-02-2014, 17:51
Why do you think the fans would listen to bomber a second time around,
We still have fans bringing him down to this day,

chilebear
24-02-2014, 18:26
Rangers are to us many fans the world over our life its in our blood the same way that Ulster is to us loyalists i think the time may come to deal with this scum board the way certain things in Ulster gets sorted the board will take a step to far then they must accept what will come to each of them

Sorry but you're talking nonesense

Northampton Lodger
24-02-2014, 18:27
SOS appear to be the only group not interested in factions. They call a meeting with the other groups and they will get 90% support - one group won't join. From that meeting they agree a common goal and approach Walter Smith. At this point I would suggest they will have have circa10k of the support behind them. Walter has the means to get a message out via the mainstream media. We then have 40k to 50k support. We organise a public demonstration, at a sensible time around midday on a match day, and we will start a ball rolling that cannot be stopped.

the cruyff turn
24-02-2014, 19:18
wakey wakey, there is no leader out there. no-one is interested. The only leader out there should be the whole support but we couldn't organise a piss up. We will we talk but do nothing as usual, time for action has gone. Only option left is en masse to refuse to buy season tickets if the current board are still in power.

Billys Big Toe
24-02-2014, 19:34
wakey wakey, there is no leader out there. no-one is interested. The only leader out there should be the whole support but we couldn't organise a piss up. We will we talk but do nothing as usual, time for action has gone. Only option left is en masse to refuse to buy season tickets if the current board are still in power.

Yippee, finally someone has nailed it :roll: a significant drop to below 17000 would send out a clear message because you can bet they will all be on board again for the spl

ontheline
24-02-2014, 19:38
John Greig has been remarkably quite since he left the board.

Walter Grieg Jardine forming a committee and let the snowball run from there.

Gazzer
24-02-2014, 20:07
Do it yourselves.

Don't understand your reply
The fans are desperate to unite behind a charismatic leader
Do you honestly think that the Tims would put up with the shIt we have for the last 2 years

badboy
24-02-2014, 20:16
STV journo Peter Smith is a good lad to get on board. I agree with the idea of a figure head. This is prime time for the likes of Paul Murray to start asking the question. With another mass demo together with the tv it's the only way to get the message out to the masses.

halfaperson
24-02-2014, 20:24
Don't understand your reply
The fans are desperate to unite behind a charismatic leader
Do you honestly think that the Tims would put up with the short we have for the last 2 years

They wouldn't.

In fact when their club was run by charlatans they didn't spend time pleading for a leader, they got together themselves. The only leaders they had was that bigot McGlone and the ever shady Brian Dempsey...but they succeeded

Sadly, they got it right and we continue to get it wrong

gowderry74
24-02-2014, 20:29
In an ideal world with a large dose of optimism, we need a group to lead with a united fans group, nothing knew here I hear everybody say.

A group with intelligence, global financial knowledge, legally sound and importantly a good well known old fashioned blue nose of generations.

The dream team being:-

Sir tom hunter & his business team.
Donald Findlay QC
John "Bomber" Brown
All the main supporters trusts and associations.
( create a "board" from this to get us in the correct mould for going forwards.

Wishful thinking I know but something along these lines would be a day to start celebrating.

Ever the Optimist!

rangersno.1
24-02-2014, 20:42
Yet again we're looking for someone to hold our hand and lead us it's pathetic.

As previously said on this thread we talk the talk but we haven't walked the walk.

Number_Eight
24-02-2014, 20:49
The dream leader; a top business type, articulate, intelligent, well-groomed, highly educated, excessively wealthy and a former BB boy.

The reality: people like this are increasingly reluctant to be associated with Rangers. They don't need the hassle that it brings and the stigma that goes with it.

The Rangers support loves to look UP to leaders, and so it distrusts ordinary fans getting ideas above their station. It wants the very people that don't want them.

Times have changed. Pillars of society don't want to hang out with us any more. The reasons are many, and occasionally we touch on them, but we should start to get used to it and stop expecting their help

They have given up on us. We do their reputations more harm than good.

tdb1873
24-02-2014, 20:51
Why Paul Murray? Hasn't he made a balls of things enough times already?

Transparency is all he ever shouted for,it was easy for him to sit back.The spivs were shitting it to let him in.Watch who King goes for !

Calvers72
24-02-2014, 21:00
It seems that any decent bear who tries to do anything good at all becomes a target for arseholes who would give their right arm to have some unknown quantity running the club but EVERY Rangers supporter had better wake up and accept that WE are the only option to making sure the club ends up in safe hands for the long term future.

92lecstu01
24-02-2014, 21:04
We need a figurehead, someone who the fans trust and can speak well. There is only 3 people i think would be able to unite the fans.

Obvious one is Walter, but he's been very quiet recently and is maybe enjoying his retirement.

I think Davie Weir speaks well and would be ideal for this, problem being is he still lives down in Liverpool so probably a no-go straight away.

Only other person i can think of would be Greame Souness, but would he accept the Scottish press attention he would receive compared to his cooshy wee media job on champions league nights?

East Coast Blue Nose
24-02-2014, 21:23
We need a figurehead, someone who the fans trust and can speak well. There is only 3 people i think would be able to unite the fans.

Obvious one is Walter, but he's been very quiet recently and is maybe enjoying his retirement.

I think Davie Weir speaks well and would be ideal for this, problem being is he still lives down in Liverpool so probably a no-go straight away.

Only other person i can think of would be Greame Souness, but would he accept the Scottish press attention he would receive compared to his cooshy wee media job on champions league nights?

:eek:

The same Souness who thought there had been no witch hunt and presumably still does,despite there being a determined campaign to force him out of Scottish football when he was our boss.

He probably still thinks very highly of Minty too.

Not for me and hopefully not for many bears at all.

womble 3
24-02-2014, 21:29

The same Souness who thought there had been no witch hunt and presumably still does,despite there being a determined campaign to force him out of Scottish football when he was our boss.

But yet you want Findlay

Albop
24-02-2014, 21:36

sorry but anyone bar paul murray for me

the guys had to many failed attempts

East Coast Blue Nose
24-02-2014, 21:50
But yet you want Findlay

Pre admin,Findlay being critical of Minty would have been easily dismissed as sour grapes.His continued failure to speak out against the custodian is dissapointing certainly,but it hardly has the gobsmack factor of Souness's incredible remark.

Graeme_N
24-02-2014, 22:01
We definitely need a figurehead and I doubt that person(s) can come from the existing fan groups as they just come across as squabbling children most of the time......

Irvine96
24-02-2014, 22:04
Walters the man !!!

Graeme_N
24-02-2014, 22:20
Sandy Jardine, Walter, John Greig, Ally.... I think it needs someone of that level to get EVERYONE behind them....

bluechip
24-02-2014, 22:21

Definitely this.

How much has Souness spent of his fortune on Rangers?

Ozbarcode
24-02-2014, 22:35
We need someone who is instantly recognised and revered by every bear. Someone who has knowledge of the inner workings but has not been vocal to this point. Someone who epitomises everything that Rangers are (or should be).

Step forward John Greig.

And he should recruit Walter, Gordon Smith and an ex-player who, when he speaks, the whole support will listen to. IMO that is Brian Laudrup......

All are available, passionate, well connected, respected and have enough nous to get us all moving in the right direction.

loyalistpicken
25-02-2014, 06:44
Yet again we're looking for someone to hold our hand and lead us it's pathetic.

As previously said on this thread we talk the talk but we haven't walked the walk.

We have our Leader show us they way to walk the walk Boss

Agent of the Duke of Kent
25-02-2014, 07:04
Fairly apparent from our darkest hour a couple years ago, there will be no white knight, sugar daddy , fergus the bunnet call it what you will. IMO the club is in terminal decline , we will not achieve the highs of past glories and will not be able to challenge the bheasts again for a significant period, if ever. No one with money and a brain will invest in the club . Despite a second chance two years ago we hsve been unsble to get the club onto a sound financial footing for a variety of reason , many out with control of an inept board yet sadly some past mistakes continue to be made in particular the belief that we can spend more than we bring in. Apologies for the downbeat assessment but i cant help feeling this will end with the doors being closed.

adastra
25-02-2014, 08:04
Pre admin,Findlay being critical of Minty would have been easily dismissed as sour grapes.His continued failure to speak out against the custodian is dissapointing certainly,but it hardly has the gobsmack factor of Souness's incredible remark.

It's very difficult for Mr Findley to speak out about anything to do with Rangers. He holds an Executive position at another SPFL Club and therefore walks a thin line with the beaks.

In addition, every time he appears in the press it's another chance for them to hark back to 'singing gate'.

NS
25-02-2014, 09:09
This thread is hilarious

Folk want David Murray's pals to be our leader? :D

Truly pathetic

Jpooler92
25-02-2014, 10:04
Craig from sons of struth

Laudo
25-02-2014, 10:07
we need clout.

Q Why to so few ex players / managers want involved or say anything? High profile ex players / managers would be best to lead us. Failing that, we really need to smarten up

Perhaps because they know that failure is inevitable given the current regime ???

Mason Boyne
25-02-2014, 10:08
Fairly apparent from our darkest hour a couple years ago, there will be no white knight, sugar daddy , fergus the bunnet call it what you will. IMO the club is in terminal decline , we will not achieve the highs of past glories and will not be able to challenge the bheasts again for a significant period, if ever. No one with money and a brain will invest in the club . Despite a second chance two years ago we hsve been unsble to get the club onto a sound financial footing for a variety of reason , many out with control of an inept board yet sadly some past mistakes continue to be made in particular the belief that we can spend more than we bring in. Apologies for the downbeat assessment but i cant help feeling this will end with the doors being closed.

Sadly mate, that appears to be the reality of the situation.

Laudo
25-02-2014, 10:08

This is all painfully true.

millar brand
25-02-2014, 10:33
We need someone who is instantly recognised and revered by every bear. Someone who has knowledge of the inner workings but has not been vocal to this point. Someone who epitomises everything that Rangers are (or should be).

Step forward John Greig.

And he should recruit Walter, Gordon Smith and an ex-player who, when he speaks, the whole support will listen to. IMO that is Brian Laudrup......

All are available, passionate, well connected, respected and have enough nous to get us all moving in the right direction.

I doubt if John Greig at his age would really want the inevitable hassle that would go with this. I think a younger "legend" would be better.

WokinghamBear
25-02-2014, 11:02

That's the fear. Rangers are caught in a spiral just now with the people running the club largely in it for their own gain but we can't push them out. It needs the significant event of someone with financial resources and a passion for the club to come in and change the direction but there's been no sign of anyone willing to push themselves into it.

I think the doors closed may be extreme but I do fear a period of a Rangers that aren't competing for honours regularly. Unless the financial footing of the club is addressed, that could be crippling for a long time.