PDA

View Full Version : Alex Thomson's Early Career

McRod
22-02-2014, 09:30
Perhaps this might explain some things, or perhaps not.

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/from-whitby-s-beach-to-the-sands-of-syria-1-6455958

It was the mid-80s and all the action for an aspiring journalist was in Northern Ireland, and that's where Alex was sent.

He said: They gave you a tape recorder and said "Can you go and interview Martin McGuinness? He's round the corner talking about last night's bombing."

There I was, early 20s, making half hour current affairs documentaries in what was effectively a low level civil war.

Alex would stay with the BBC until 1988, when he got in hot water over a documentary about Gibraltar. ITN News got in contact to offer him a role, and he found himself posted back to Northern Ireland.

The Troubles eventually ended, but in the years that followed he has found himself at the heart of some of the world's worst humanitarian crises and dangerous war zones.

I wonder what happened in Gibraltar around that time, 1988, that got Alex in the trouble?. It couldn`t be? could it?...The 4th man that got away? :angel:

Perhaps someone who is well aquainted with twitter could ask him to elaborate.?

Stockholm Syndrome anyone?

garyw09
22-02-2014, 09:55
My guess is that it was anti-British and the BBC still had some balls at that time.

fivestarblue
22-02-2014, 09:57
Remember when Merlin interviewed him, Merlin got the impression Timmy Thomson was smitten by Irish republicanism.

Strickland Banks
22-02-2014, 10:11
Google BBC Spotlight - Gibraltar, and you will see his grubby paw-prints all over an anti-British documentary in 1989

George Goudie
22-02-2014, 10:26
Look closer. Look everywhere. We are getting there timmy thommo.

Cosgrove and Spiers next.

Regan tried to hide it as well. All terrorist sympathisers.

George Goudie
22-02-2014, 10:29
Google BBC Spotlight - Gibraltar, and you will see his grubby paw-prints all over an anti-British documentary in 1989

I wonder if channel 4 are aware of his history! ?

Rhepublican reporter in their midst?

Good work OP.

Kel
22-02-2014, 10:40

Good work OP.

Cosgrove is more than aware of his work, it isn't hard to find out why Thomson went after Rangers so gleefully.

The truth is staring is right in the face!

Lance Uppercut
22-02-2014, 10:43

And what young aspiring journalist couldnt fail to be swayed by those lovable rogues and michievous scamps of the "Auwl IRA" who were brutally gunned down in a wanton orgy of violence when their only crime was trying to blow scores of young British musicians, local residents and random tourists into bloody chunks of meat?

Good work OP.

It's what probably sealed the deal with that lot

ayrbearbunch
22-02-2014, 11:03
But his "investigation" into Scottish football was impartial and without agenda wasn't it?!?

Confirming what we already knew about this left-wing republican reptile. His comeuppance is just around the corner I hope.

bilkobear
22-02-2014, 11:09
No disrespect to the OP or the thread, but hasn't this always been known about Thomson?
He is clearly an IRA sympathiser.

Further I believe he may have been recruited by someone and probably funded to take an interest in our club in order to do damage.

People hate the phrase conspiracy, but there is such a thing as people coming together loosely and others acting separately to attack the same thing, especially something that they hate, and they all may hate it for different reasons.

Thus we have people in the Labour Party, people in the SNP, various Roman Catholics and people who are connected to Irish terrorism all working against the club at a time it was seen to be week.
Being a Filth supporter probably connected many, but I doubt it was a prerequisite.

The problem for Rangers is that we and our support stand for something, and as Churchill said, when you stand for something then you will have enemies.

McRod
22-02-2014, 11:18
No disrespect taken mate.

We are all well aware of where his allegiences lie.

What prompted me to post was the part about getting in to trouble over a documentary in 1988.

What kind of "hot water"?, what documentary?.

I would like to know if the answers would further discredit his ability to impartially report in any way on Rangers and what we stand for.

adelblue
22-02-2014, 11:33

What prompted me to post was the part about getting in to trouble over a documentary in 1988.

I would like to know if the answers would further discredit his ability to impartially report in any way on Rangers and what we stand for.

As I remember it was the death on the rock documentary which was banned from being shown. He got into trouble because he made a documentary which promoted The interests of murdering terrorists over the forces of law and order.

johnnyb
22-02-2014, 11:41

I believe the documentary was called "Death On The Rock" which was about the SAS taking out provo operatives while they were planning bombings on the rock. Shamefully it was very anti British and it was proved that the witnesses accounts were misrepresented by the program makers (surprise surprise). I can only guess that he was part of the team, a team that showed without any doubt where their sympathy's lay. I remember being mega pissed when watching it.

johnnyb
22-02-2014, 11:48
As I remember it was the death on the rock documentary which was banned from being shown. He got into trouble because he made a documentary which promoted The interests of murdering terrorists over the forces of law and order.

It was eventually shown mate and it was disgraceful. You are bang on the money about who's interests it served, it was so anti British it was embarrassing but then again we know these bastards don't do embarrassment or shame. If this is the program then it does serve to prove that Thompson is a provo sympathiser.

McRod
22-02-2014, 11:52
Surely the end credits would show he worked on it.

hyramotyre
22-02-2014, 11:56
http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/The_British_Media_and_Gibraltar

QUOTE : "Alex Thomson, the reporter on the programme, [Death On The Rock] is reported to have said that he believed the BBC had an 'over-managed' editorial system. 'To take five editorial viewings to get it on the air is ridiculous' he said (Irish News 6 May 1988). Thomson himself was apparently denied access to the meeting at which it was finally decided to show the documentary."

Jimmy Henderson
22-02-2014, 14:08

QUOTE : "Alex Thomson, the reporter on the programme, [Death On The Rock] is reported to have said that he believed the BBC had an 'over-managed' editorial system. 'To take five editorial viewings to get it on the air is ridiculous' he said (Irish News 6 May 1988). Thomson himself was apparently denied access to the meeting at which it was finally decided to show the documentary."

Thomson a republican sympathiser who obviously was put in his place when working for BBC NI so has a go at us. A scumbag.

ascott
22-02-2014, 14:15
Surely the end credits would show he worked on it.

Thomson was a reporter and part of the production team. The programme (spotlight) was only shown in Northern Ireland but Thomson pushed for it to be shown across the BBC network. He was advised to back off on that one. The BBC was described as not being impartial but in fact being downright biased in favour of the terrorists.

George Goudie
22-02-2014, 20:55
No disrespect to the OP or the thread, but hasn't this always been known about Thomson?
He is clearly an IRA sympathiser.

Further I believe he may have been recruited by someone and probably funded to take an interest in our club in order to do damage.

People hate the phrase conspiracy, but there is such a thing as people coming together loosely and others acting separately to attack the same thing, especially something that they hate, and they all may hate it for different reasons.

Thus we have people in the Labour Party, people in the SNP, various Roman Catholics and people who are connected to Irish terrorism all working against the club at a time it was seen to be week.
Being a Filth supporter probably connected many, but I doubt it was a prerequisite.

The problem for Rangers is that we and our support stand for something, and as Churchill said, when you stand for something then you will have enemies.

I believe the documentary was called "Death On The Rock" which was about the SAS taking out provo operatives while they were planning bombings on the rock. Shamefully it was very anti British and it was proved that the witnesses accounts were misrepresented by the program makers (surprise surprise). I can only guess that he was part of the team, a team that showed without any doubt where their sympathy's lay. I remember being mega pissed when watching it.

It was eventually shown mate and it was disgraceful. You are bang on the money about who's interests it served, it was so anti British it was embarrassing but then again we know these bastards don't do embarrassment or shame. If this is the program then it does serve to prove that Thompson is a provo sympathiser.

Thomson was a reporter and part of the production team. The programme (spotlight) was only shown in Northern Ireland but Thomson pushed for it to be shown across the BBC network. He was advised to back off on that one. The BBC was described as not being impartial but in fact being downright biased in favour of the terrorists.

The underlying theme:

Thomson was described as not being impartial but in fact being downright biased in favour of the terrorists.

George Goudie
24-02-2014, 20:38
Thomson is friends with p3n (Tarred by a Sickening Sectarian Brush and obsessive Rangers hater), slaggerty (Rangers hater), rhepublican terrorist sympathisers (Rangers haters), of which the first 2 also can be described as.

What came first for timmy thommo?

His love of the jovial craicsters that murdered his fellow British people on British soil. Or..
His hatred of Rangers and his vendetta against our Club and what we stand for.

When you look at his associates - Paul Hollaron from the NUJ who he wheels out to accompany him on his hateful crusade to make our Club look as toxic as is humanly possible. Then you look at the Drum and Hollarons colleagues in the NUJ:

Deputy General Secretary Barry Fitzpatrick
Irish Secretary Sťamus Dooley
Scottish Organiser Paul Holleran (liverpool supporter - eye who gives a fck - your a Rangers Hater)
Freelance Organiser John Toner
National newspapers organiser Barry Fitzpatrick
Campaigns, communications & press office - Sarah Kavanagh

The bbc pacific quay are just a small part of it as the mhedia are truly corrupt - and Thommo was more than happy to be corrupted.

Message to FF and Bears beyond it...... Let's keep digging the dirt on all these cants. No Surrender.

George Goudie
24-02-2014, 20:49
Board acting up again tonight - duplicate post sorry?

Big Tam's Piledriver
02-03-2014, 23:14
Perhaps this thread is the reason Timmy Thommo Thickett has tweeted his tarrier claptrap tonight?

Perhaps FF is on to him.

Ah think so - ah think so:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/L0ykrHD9a6g/default.jpg

bluebarney
02-03-2014, 23:30
Cosgrove is an executive at C4 with a responsibility for regions. He has friends and influence in all parts of the media. Its not hard to see where thomson gets his info and inspiration from. Cosgrove has always been a Rangers hater, dont be fooled by his fake tranny army accent he puts on when broadcasting off the ball.

Wee Jimmy
02-03-2014, 23:33
Could it be to deflect from the interest being shown in the "Cops to probe Sheeps paedo chants at Tims" issue which has backfired on them?

Fingers1873
03-03-2014, 01:56

Death on the. rock was made by Thames TV not the BBC so he would not have been involved in that. The Thames TV documenry infuriated Mrs Thatcher so much that Thames lost their franchise a few years later

ally66
03-03-2014, 07:25
He ended up in court over refusing to reveal sources iirc. Will try and find it later. Off to work now

McRod
03-03-2014, 07:50
Death on the. rock was made by Thames TV not the BBC so he would not have been involved in that. The Thames TV documenry infuriated Mrs Thatcher so much that Thames lost their franchise a few years later

The BBC also had a go.

Other programmes were made about the Gibraltar shootings for British television, both by the BBC. BBC Northern Ireland produced an episode of Spotlight which arrived at similar findings to those of This Week; Howe attempted to have the programme delayed, using the same rationale with which he requested "Death on the Rock" be postponed. The programme was eventually broadcast, but restricted to Northern Ireland.

George Goudie
05-03-2014, 16:11
He ended up in court over refusing to reveal sources iirc. Will try and find it later. Off to work now

His sources have all been tarred by a sickening sectarian brush!

He knows it, but it did his egotistical rhepublican agenda. So he cars not a bit about the truth. Hence his crap tweets designed to do one thing, expand his online profile. To allow him to continue on his IRA sympathising crusade!

The man's a knt

bigkahunarab
05-03-2014, 16:28
He can't change history, our chaps made some bowling balls that day and saved many people in doing so.