PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Johnstone just off the Newark flight at Glasgow Airport

bluefrew
27-12-2013, 08:51
Mean anything?

Carrying hand luggage only.

Ranko
27-12-2013, 08:53
Mean anything?

Means he is in Scotland 2 days after Xmas ;)

BarrheadBrox
27-12-2013, 08:55
Wonder if he is going to reveal more sh-te

badboy
27-12-2013, 08:59
Means nothing. Hopefully he is hear to sort these spivs out.

LanarkshireBlue
27-12-2013, 09:02
Why don't people just go up and ask him?

northsealoyal
27-12-2013, 09:03

The rest of the support and the shareholders cant sort the Spivs out what makes you think Johnstone can do anything ?

onegill
27-12-2013, 09:08
Means he is in Scotland 2 days after Xmas ;)

Means he has a place here so doesn't need to bring much stuff with him :D

extremelycool
27-12-2013, 09:11
Mean anything?

why didn't you ask him what his plans were?

bluefrew
27-12-2013, 09:23
I was in the process of picking up my old mother from the flight.

rundgren
27-12-2013, 09:25
To me he's the same as McColl another windbag that's not helped.

markyp
27-12-2013, 09:26
In for the December sales

bigkahunarab
27-12-2013, 09:26
They renamed Newark to Port Glasgow a while ago.... nice to see they kept the scheduled flights going though...:D

thirdtwin
27-12-2013, 09:35
Here for Hogmanay?

canalbear
27-12-2013, 09:36
Tell him the agm was last week and the game was yesterday.

garyw09
27-12-2013, 09:36
Not sure, maybe there is some sort of holiday or special occasion he is back for.....

masterblue
27-12-2013, 09:40
Next time hes seen Keech Jackson will be sooking his boaby for a page filler.
Same old same old.

scottylad72
27-12-2013, 09:41
Boxing gloves, maybe?

Haymaker on its way.....

supergers07
27-12-2013, 10:10
Oh yes here we go

Finally what we have always wanted in our corner
More Talking!
Yay all is well, next it will be another King statement

Wake me up when something meaningful happens from these guys. Sick of it now, endless build up of hope after hope and ultimate failure

rangerstillidie
27-12-2013, 10:33
Oh yes here we go

More Talking!

Wake me up when something meaningful happens from these guys. Sick of it now, endless build up of hope after hope and ultimate failure

Rightly, or wrongly this is how most people will feel.

weebsie04
27-12-2013, 10:37
Mean anything?

Hope he's not going to hand in his expenses for the flight again

Earl of Leven
27-12-2013, 10:38
Maybe he is here to warn us about how crap it all is while not getting involved?

He's been right over the years, and is an effective performer, but...he has been no use in dislodging the spivs.

buster
27-12-2013, 10:48
Maybe he is here to warn us about how crap it all is while not getting involved?

He's been right over the years, and is an effective performer, but...he has been no use in dislodging the spivs.

Sometimes we have to look at ourselves.

Earl of Leven
27-12-2013, 10:49
Sometimes we have to look at ourselves.

I agree, but...

it would help if very rich bears helped us. At least by speaking up for us, underwriting some share purchases etc.

BarrheadBrox
27-12-2013, 10:54
I agree, but...

it would help if very rich bears helped us. At least by speaking up for us, underwriting some share purchases etc.

I said for a few years before administration who the hell would want to invest in us and Scottish football its dead on its feet and getting worse every year

All you are investing in is 4 games at least with the scum bags and the quality of player on view is sh-te anyway

MCKAY72
27-12-2013, 10:57
Maybe he's just home to visit family and friends for the bells.....

jicre
27-12-2013, 10:58
Why don't people just go up and ask him?

Being an ex Chairman at Rangers, your suggestion would be an exercise in total futility Bud.

albertz11
27-12-2013, 10:58
Hope he's not going to hand in his expenses for the flight again

Do tell :confused:

blue wonder
27-12-2013, 10:59
I would say in the grand scheme of things it means hee haw for rangers.

jicre
27-12-2013, 11:04
By subscribing to buyrangers.org I reckon I've done more for our cause, than him, et al, thus far!

Andy Weir
27-12-2013, 11:09
Means he's home seeing family?

bluemagic
27-12-2013, 11:13
What can he do to help Rangers ?
As far as I'm aware he has no shares nor does he have any clout with the spivs.

BarrheadBrox
27-12-2013, 11:14
What can he do to help Rangers ?
As far as I'm aware he has no shares nor does he have any clout with the spivs.

He has f-ck all to do with us what makes you think he is here to help

BroxiBlue
27-12-2013, 11:15
Maybe Coisty is signing him as a holding midfielder.

Then.Now.Forever
27-12-2013, 11:18
He has f-ck all to do with us what makes you think he is here to help

Erm, he didn't suggest he was here to help, if you read it properly you'll see he asked what he could do.

buster
27-12-2013, 11:25
I agree, but...

AJ did speak up at strategic junctures but very few listened carefully enough to hear what he was saying about an ongoing situation that has become ever more complex and layered. Legally, he couldn't cross certain lines especially when speaking through the media and bear in mind that spivs and their lawyers are very good at sailing as close to the wind as possible and when they go beyond it, the fog tends to come down, this makes it difficult to be precise or have the evidence to back it up.

Then you had the media often used as a counter measure against what he would say, eg. he got slaughtered post CW takeover.

Collectivelly the support should have done a lot better and upped their game, more especially when Ticketus funding (DR/June 2011) and Directorship ban (BBC/October 2011) stories surfaced. Thereafter we continued in the same vien as Jack Irvine/MH spun their web of misleading articles or lies.

Instead of asking elsewhere, you should look to improve your own game first or at the very least, do both.

As for the 'rich Bears', there doesn't seem to be many out there willing to come forward until events run their course.
As it stands, it would need a large outlay in terms of shares and then finding a way to channel another large outlay in terms of direct investment.

Aswell as having to take the grief for changing the business model into something sustainable.
It wouldn't be a surprise if he wanted that done before he arrived. This includes the prickely issue of the manager going forward. A new business model needs someone who can improve and get the most out of a smaller group of players..................But here is where boardroom politics starts to interfere......

Our relatively expensive football operation is going nowhere but spivs continue to line their pockets.

womble 3
27-12-2013, 11:48
By subscribing to buyrangers.org I reckon I've done more for our cause, than him, et al, thus far!

I believe he is subscribed to buy rangers I may be wrong however

He is a bit of a waffles although his hands were tied and we didn't want to hears when we were getting shot of sdm

giopeople
27-12-2013, 11:51
Didn't AJ buy shares thru the Trust last year?

Earl of Leven
27-12-2013, 11:52
buster

My hope...I never really trusted them to actually buy club and 'save us'...was a plan along the lines of what McColl and RST proposed a few years back: he buys club and then sells it back over time to fans...thus easing problems associated with fans needing to dig deep in a short period of time AND his problems with fellow directors not wanting him out of pocket due to football club investments.

buster
27-12-2013, 12:00
buster

My hope...I never really trusted them to actually buy club and 'save us'...was a plan along the lines of what McColl and RST proposed a few years back: he buys club and then sells it back over time to fans...thus easing problems associated with fans needing to dig deep in a short period of time AND his problems with fellow directors not wanting him out of pocket due to football club investments.

Hope and reallity are often very different.

McColl runs a tight ship within his own business interests and is very particular when it comes to targets and timescales, those don't include Rangers.

TBF to McColl he was very clear from the outset this past summer.

The extent of what is needed to buy the club and turn it around to a place where the support are happy to see the team is huge.

It requires a hardnose, a flak jacket and loads of dosh.
Not forgetting what 'nice surprises' await in the contracts and books.

beanyrfc
27-12-2013, 12:06

About the time of the whyte takeover, Boss over in RM put up a big post highlighting this.

Supposedly charged a cup of coffee from Glasgow airport to the club amongst others.

Earl of Leven
27-12-2013, 12:08
Yes but didn't RM back Whyte?

weebsie04
27-12-2013, 12:08

When the other thief was in charge(whyte) spoke out about AJ expenses claims to the club for flying over (first class) for him and wife, whyte who was not noted for being generous with cash, told him to do one

David Watts
27-12-2013, 12:09
more bluster in the forecast .

buster
27-12-2013, 12:19
When the other thief was in charge(whyte) spoke out about AJ expenses claims to the club for flying over (first class) for him and wife, whyte who was not noted for being generous with cash, told him to do one

IIRC AJ didn't pick-up any renumeration for his services, only expenses.

Do you believe every word Craig Whyte says or the slant that comes with them ?

EoL
The general RM line seems to provide us with an 'early warning system'.
Whoever they back are 'dodgy'.

beanyrfc
27-12-2013, 12:20

Sure he was and seemed to have a lot of info along these lines which was obvious at the time somebody was feeding him

Him and gunslinger who posts here had a lot of ding dong debates about which im sure ended up with gunslinger getting banned or he just stopped posting.

As ror RM if FF called a tomato a tomato then RM would call it a tomato:D its like polar opposite views back then at least, doesnt seem that bad now though when I go on but I dont go in any threads that mentions RST or Fury seemed to me that they had an infestation of taigs

albertz11
27-12-2013, 12:39

Cheers -not aware of that mate. :p

Rangers2011
27-12-2013, 12:42

Tell us what the hell he has done then?

Another that just opens his mouth and talks but backs it up with nothing.

buster
27-12-2013, 12:47
Tell us what the hell he has done then?

Another that just opens his mouth and talks but backs it up with nothing.

TBF it must seem to you and many others that he literally only 'opens his mouth' because you don't seem to have ever listened to what he said.

To a degree, it reminds me of 'nodgate'. When Traynor went to war with Chick Young, partly on behalf of SDM.
Traynor (for SDM) used attack so as to defend.

dh1963
27-12-2013, 12:48
I like Alastair Johnston, and think he's a man who we can trust to say and do what he can to help the club, and wish he was still in charge and those who sold the club to Whyte had listened to him.

I also like Ally McCoist and think he's a true Ranger, a man who we absolutely need on the inside right now.

I also liked Jim Baxter for being one of our greatest ever footballers.

But in here, all 3 are there as target practice while the real enemies continue to laugh at us while piling up their bank balances.

superrangers
27-12-2013, 12:49
IIRC AJ didn't pick-up any renumeration for his services, only expenses.

Do you believe every word Craig Whyte says or the slant that comes with them ?

EoL
The general RM line seems to provide us with an 'early warning system'.
Whoever they back are 'dodgy'.

I don't believe Whyte per se, but wouldn't expect first class flights for AJ if it is true, business perhaps, but not for the wife?! The other half (no pics) recently went overseas long haul for work and although she has a reasonably senior role and the flight was 14 hours, she went premium economy and I didn't go. Companies in this day and age need to be mindful of costs. Rangers should be no different.

Rangers2011
27-12-2013, 12:50
TBF it must seem to you and many others that he literally only 'opens his mouth' because you don't seem to have ever listened to what he said.

To a degree, it reminds me of 'nodgate'. When Traynor went to war with Chick Young, partly on behalf of SDM.
Traynor (for SDM) used attack so as to defend.

Opens his mouth??? My god give the man a medal. We need action not just more pish from these guys. They do nothing that's a fact. We as fans have a limited amount we can do. They have money and power and do nothing. Guys like AJ are put up on a pedestal for doing **** all.

buster
27-12-2013, 13:01
Opens his mouth??? My god give the man a medal. We need action not just more pish from these guys. They do nothing that's a fact. We as fans have a limited amount we can do. They have money and power and do nothing. Guys like AJ are put up on a pedestal for doing **** all.

What happens when,..... what the support are politically pushed towards (think Jack Irvine) actually goes into the negative and works against the club ?

eg. summer 2011.
You ignore what AJ says and champion CW.
When do you start to question your judgement regarding who to listen to ?

To go on making mistake after mistake after mistake and just expecting a richman to come in and sort it all out is childlike.

AJ was never on a pedestal.
You tend to find those put there are usually put there for a reason and it tends to be to transmit information to the support which is often politically misleading or for economic reasons.

DejaVoodoo
27-12-2013, 13:05
We need to raise capital to buy an additional 15-20% shareholding. AJ can play an important part in raising funds as well as investing himself.

Cyberniv
27-12-2013, 13:06
To me he's the same as McColl another windbag that's not helped.

I suppose their may come a day when all Rangers fans can identify the real enemies of our Club and direct their vitriol accordingly.

northsealoyal
27-12-2013, 13:11
I suppose their may come a day when all Rangers fans can identify the real enemies of our Club and direct their vitriol accordingly.

That day is a long way off i don?t think i have ever seen such a fragmented spectrum of opinion as the one that concerns our club. Within our support we have the ones who still back SDM and what he put us through we have some who defended Green and his mob we have some who chastise our manager for not coming out and slaughtering the board. We have others who are too blind to see we are being attacked by the media at every turn.

doc holliday
27-12-2013, 13:15
start of Chinese whispers.....nothing to report

L&LBB
27-12-2013, 13:26
Mean anything?

Means he didn't check in luggage. :D

buster
27-12-2013, 13:34
That day is a long way off i don?t think i have ever seen such a fragmented spectrum of opinion as the one that concerns our club. Within our support we have the ones who still back SDM and what he put us through we have some who defended Green and his mob we have some who chastise our manager for not coming out and slaughtering the board. We have others who are too blind to see we are being attacked by the media at every turn.

Whilst a large number of people will never agree on everything, we go beyond that.
We have become 'case study' material for spin-management courses.

One of the principal objectives and an ongoing priority for Mediahouse over the years is to keep the support as confused and divided as possible.

Once they have done this, it becomes much easier for their clients (SDM, CW, D&P, CG&Co, Easdales,.....) to do as they will.

Note that 'custodians' use the clubs money to pay MH, whilst MH are acting in the individuals interests.

northsealoyal
27-12-2013, 13:42
Whilst a large number of people will never agree on everything, we go beyond that.

One of the principal objectives and an ongoing priority for Mediahouse over the years is to keep the support as confused and divided as possible.

Once they have done this, it becomes much easier for their clients (SDM, CW, D&P, CG&Co, Easdales,.....) to do as they will.

Note that 'custodians' use the clubs money to pay MH, whilst MH are acting in the individuals interests.

I understand that MH has a role to play but surely we as a support have the mentality and the willingness to get our own message out to the masses or is this wear the division amongst us effects the end outcome

Haining84
27-12-2013, 14:18

AJ invested 20k in BuyRangers.org.:oops:

buster
27-12-2013, 14:18
I understand that MH has a role to play but surely we as a support have the mentality and the willingness to get our own message out to the masses or is this wear the division amongst us effects the end outcome

MH have been very effective in what they have done.

It's not only the current tactics but they've put the building bricks in place years ago. So as the relevant enviroment, how it's developed and how it interacts is known, understood, partly friendly/cultivated and generally manageable.

I call MH,.......'The Continuity Bridge'........... for all spivcomers who need to 'manage' the support or revenue stream.

BlueWorldOrder
27-12-2013, 14:19
Probably over to see family at christmas. He was over this time last year too as I saw him at Hampden

200000 Heroes
27-12-2013, 14:43
Mean anything?

If the hand luggage was a hand bag then it certainly might explain some of the limp wristed attempts at ousting the spivs

I await the next thrilling bit of news with great anticipation

No Money No Problems
27-12-2013, 14:50
Until Dave King makes his move, if he ever does. We are stuck with the board we have.

Every single person who has tried to get them out (Murray, McColl, Murray, Kennedy etc) has failed, every single one of them.

How much does it take to buy a controlling interest in us, 12 million? Embarrassing for every one of them.

No Money No Problems
Double post.

No Money No Problems
Triple bloody post!

Rap01
27-12-2013, 15:13
How much does it take to buy a controlling interest in us, £12 million? Embarrassing for every one of them.

The trick of course is to find someone willing to sell you those shares...

canisbaybluenose
27-12-2013, 17:06

Agreed we also have ones that still think McColl will ride to our rescue or Dave King will save the day. None of these things will ever happen we will only take control of our own destiny if we get of our Ars*s and make it happen.

We need a leader, I see none emerging.

We are in a sad and dangerous place.

bob1873
27-12-2013, 17:09

Unless his bag contains lots of cash the 'spivs' will not be going anywhere. I like AJ and have no issue with Paul Murray but unless his new buddy McColl actually wants to put his hand in his pocket we are where we are - and that is clearly not in a good place.

forlanssister
27-12-2013, 17:14

In fairness so did FF.

bearshire
27-12-2013, 17:14
I don't get it what was the point of calling an AGM when PM and co knew the spivs had 65% just a massive let down and waste of time?

cw3038
27-12-2013, 17:21
AJ isn't arriving to be our saviour but I hope he will be in discussion with those who might.

Earl of Leven
27-12-2013, 17:32
In fairness so did FF.

I didn't.

I was still missing my hero Sir David...:eek:

magnus
27-12-2013, 18:01
Oh yes here we go

More Talking!

What we need is more talking says the quiet one with nearly 23000 posts lol :D

forlanssister
27-12-2013, 18:13
I didn't.

I was still missing my hero Sir David...:eek:

Neither did I, but 99.9% of here did.

TN8
27-12-2013, 19:05
Scottish expat gets off a plane in Scotland at Xmas/new year.....

Haud the front page.

jicre
27-12-2013, 19:14
Didn't AJ buy shares thru the Trust last year?

If he did, 10 out of 10 to him!

jicre
27-12-2013, 19:21
AJ invested £20k in BuyRangers.org.:oops:

Again 10 out of 10. Especially from someone who knows "Where The Bodies Are Buried!"

jicre
27-12-2013, 19:22
AJ invested £20k in BuyRangers.org.:oops:

Again 10 out of 10. Especially from someone who knows "Where The Bodies Are Buried!"

Calvers72
27-12-2013, 23:36
Oh yes here we go

More Talking!

Some still don't get it...stop pinning OUR hopes on these guys, the answer lies with the supporters to bring about meaningful change.

Sickening to think that collectively we could have got the club for a song if we'd been organised and more unified and to be honest I am sick of fans praying to be led and happy to have the club run by more ego maniacs who pay no heed to the wishes of the people who ARE the f@cking club.

Eventually it will sink in to fans that we are the better option but sadly it'll probably be when we've suffered some more pain and the fans patience finally runs out with these characters we've been saddled with at the moment.

millar brand
27-12-2013, 23:42
Some still don't get it...stop pinning OUR hopes on these guys, the answer lies with the supporters to bring about meaningful change.

Sickening to think that collectively we could have got the club for a song if we'd been organised and more unified and to be honest I am sick of fans praying to be led and happy to have the club run by more ego maniacs who pay no heed to the wishes of the people who ARE the f@cking club.

Eventually it will sink in to fans that we are the better option but sadly it'll probably be when we've suffered some more pain and the fans patience finally runs out with these characters we've been saddled with at the moment.

Ok, we're pissed off , you're pissed off. What do we do ? You don't want to be led, "The answer lies with the supporters". You're one, come on then what do we do ?

Blue 9
27-12-2013, 23:43
Basically means hee haw , but let's torment ourselves in a ,he's over here to help facilitate at deal ,sort of a style.

Trevor Reznick
27-12-2013, 23:57
Maybe a case full of dollars from Tony Soprano to make the spivs an offer they cab not refuse.

MMM1285
27-12-2013, 23:59
Maybe over for the Dunfermline game ??

southsideblueblood
28-12-2013, 01:50
Depressing I remember when it was players and good ones we waited to get off flights. Now were speculating on x board members and whether they are here for us or a two day stop off at gleneagles.

mfgorm
28-12-2013, 01:58
Bugger, missed him by 4 weeks.
HE should have come back at Thanksgiving and I could have asked him.

The_Glorious_12th
28-12-2013, 02:19
I agree, but...

Why? It's utterly nonsensical.

Very rich people do not become so by pishing money down the bog.

robert11s
28-12-2013, 02:22
Mean anything?

Just seen him in Tesco in Inverness with a baseball bat :D

brooklynblue
30-12-2013, 18:52
Maybe over for the Dunfermline game ??

He was on the return flight to Newark this morning. A quick visit.

LaudrupFan
30-12-2013, 23:11
He's visiting his old Mum in Newton Mearns for the New Year.

baselbear
30-12-2013, 23:17
Means he has a place here so doesn't need to bring much stuff with him :D

Paul Theroux, Louis's dad, used to just take a book when he went back to New England.