PDA

View Full Version : STV's Young Players To Watch For In 2014

elfideldo
24-12-2013, 22:41
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/257293-fourteen-for-14-our-list-of-young-players-to-watch-out-for-in-2014/

No Rangers players included, I know this type of thing is subjective but Sinclair released THREE of them !!!

How much is he on ?

Crouchy
24-12-2013, 22:43
Storie looks, and sounds like a horrible (unt.

smkz23
24-12-2013, 22:46
Do we have anyone who could be included? I can't think of any.

CaptainCourageous
24-12-2013, 22:58
Alastair Coote is very highly rated at Tannadice. Alex Robertson and Stevie Campbell - Dundee United scout and head of youth - are doing a really good job.

sweeney
24-12-2013, 23:28
Storie is a good Rangers man

Crouchy
24-12-2013, 23:29

Strange mentor, for a Rangers man.

sweeney
24-12-2013, 23:31
Used to go every week

govantrueblue
24-12-2013, 23:33
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/257293-fourteen-for-14-our-list-of-young-players-to-watch-out-for-in-2014/

No Rangers players included, I know this type of thing is subjective but Sinclair released THREE of them !!!

How much is he on ?

Too much, a complete and utter waste of a salary.

RaoulDuke11
24-12-2013, 23:35

I think MacLeod is one to watch, naw?

White Cafu
24-12-2013, 23:38
I didn't realise Shankland has signed for the sheep, looked decent at times against us

CaptainCourageous
24-12-2013, 23:41

MacLeod, McKay and Aird for me.

MacLeod continues to perform, Aird has come in to the team and produced. He has matured on last season. Hopefully starts against Stranraer and keeps up his good form. Not sure what is happening with McKay, needs a break.

White Cafu
24-12-2013, 23:41

Our criteria

Our idea wasn't to identify talented players who have already broken onto the scene. Ryan Gauld, for example, is one of the most promising Scottish players of his generation but he has already established himself in Dundee United's first team side.

Our intention was to pick out players who will make the breakthrough in 2014 or, if they are already on the fringes of the first team, will make a significant impact within the year.

rinosprayer
24-12-2013, 23:42
I didn't realise Shankland has signed for the sheep, looked decent at times against us

Agreed and I would have liked us to take a chance with him however, for his development, he is probably better off at aberdeen.

talktalk
24-12-2013, 23:43
Alastair Coote is very highly rated at Tannadice. Alex Robertson and Stevie Campbell - Dundee United scout and head of youth - are doing a really good job.

Stevie C is a great guy , only thing wrong with him is that he is a Celtic fan.:D

rinosprayer
24-12-2013, 23:45
MacLeod, McKay and Aird for me.

MacLeod continues to perform, Aird has come in to the team and produced. He has matured on last season. Hopefully starts against Stranraer and keeps up his good form. Not sure what is happening with McKay, needs a break.

McKay needs to go on loan. Any time I have seen him this season he has looked decent but he is not getting near the first team.

Needs games, get him loaned out.

RaoulDuke11
24-12-2013, 23:47
Our criteria

Our idea wasn't to identify talented players who have already broken onto the scene. Ryan Gauld, for example, is one of the most promising Scottish players of his generation but he has already established himself in Dundee United's first team side.

Our intention was to pick out players who will make the breakthrough in 2014 or, if they are already on the fringes of the first team, will make a significant impact within the year.

And I'm once more bested by contractual terms...

In which case; Aird. :thumb:

iProd
25-12-2013, 00:00
Elfideldo

What's your opinion on the article? I've heard enough from people in the know about Sinclair to know he's not been doing a competent job.

I want to know what you think of the players quoted in the article and how they compare to our youths. Also, is there any on the fringes you think might make an impact for us in 2014?

mathers82
25-12-2013, 00:11

Strange mentor, for a Rangers man.

My mate works in the kitroom at shittodrie, was speakin to storie after he played against us on loan at forfar.
Asked how he got on and stories response was, hardly touched the ball, ran till he couldnt run any more but loved every second of playin at ibrox.
Boy was pround as punch to have graced the hallowed turf

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
25-12-2013, 00:30
On 200k per year, I believe.

elfideldo
25-12-2013, 00:32
Elfideldo

What's your opinion on the article? I've heard enough from people in the know about Sinclair to know he's not been doing a competent job.

I want to know what you think of the players quoted in the article and how they compare to our youths. Also, is there any on the fringes you think might make an impact for us in 2014?

As I said its subjective and I'm pretty sure its been put together from a list of recommendations. I think we have a few players that would be on many people's lists, Tom Walsh, Ryan Sinnamon and Danny Stoney spring to mind.

I haven't seen Donaldson and not sure about Spark, if I did he didn't standout. The others I have seen, some more than others. Storrie and King look class acts and are as good as any player we have, Chris Kane has made great strides this season and is top scorer in U20's league. The others have looked decent without really standing out, but the list covers an age range and a few listed are only 15 or 16.

The point I was making was the players we release that improve elsewhere, around a dozen selected for international youth squads in the past year.

Are we getting value for money ? I don't think so.

We are unprofessional and don't come across as a "big club". Of the 19 players we have between U18 & U20 we have ONE naturally left footed player !! As a result Ryan Sinnamon has been played at left-back instead of right-back.

We recently cancelled an U17 Glasgow Cup tie against Partick Thistle because we didn't have a goalkeeper.

Ryan Hardie missed a few months through illness, we don't have another striker at U17. (With a bit of trial and error Junior Ogen has done okay in the role).

As for players that could make an impact I think there is a few and with seven subs every week I think 1 or 2 should be on the bench each week. Sinnamon, Gasparotto, Walsh, Murdoch, Telfer, Stoney, Gallagher and Burrows could all be gaining a wee bit of experience from the bench.

I also think considering the level we are at Liam Kelly should be the backup keeper rather than pay a significant wage to 34 year old Steve Simonsen.

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
25-12-2013, 00:39
Couldn't agree more with the above.

Andy Weir
25-12-2013, 00:41

I think this list is more younguns who'll break into the teams. MacLeod is already a regular.

aldo30
25-12-2013, 01:09

How much is he on ?

Who where the three he released mate?

DiscoStu
25-12-2013, 02:13

Which part if this doesn't a lot on here understand?

AlanRFC
25-12-2013, 03:57
Storie looks, and sounds like a horrible (unt.

He is not a 'horrible ****', mate. Not the sharpest tool in the box but an excellent player and a good Rangers man.

tazzabear
25-12-2013, 10:06

That isn't the point of the thread, in my opinion.
I think the OP is just having a go at Sinclair.

andyzx9
25-12-2013, 10:25
I heard Gallagher has been banging them in for the youths.

ontheline
25-12-2013, 10:28
Another bash Sinclair thread.

One week his coaching methods are awful, the next week, he has coached 3 exciting young talent and it is his fault the management let them go.

It takes much more to be a Ranger.

TOBYJUG
25-12-2013, 10:30
That isn't the point of the thread, in my opinion.
I think the OP is just having a go at Sinclair.

And why not Sinky is a retarded King Midas that all he touches turns to shite. If in doubt ask ELphideldo for the facts from our academy over the past few years

wishawcrossblue
25-12-2013, 11:29

Cant believe we didn't take a punt on Shankland or the lad Andrew Robertson theses two where the stand out players from Queens Park.
Robertson is now getting rave reviews at United.

elfideldo
25-12-2013, 11:50
He released Shankland, Kiltie and Spittal, he released them not the management, his the management at this level.

Kiltie is a 16 year old at Killie and a regular in Scotland youth squads. Spittal has scored ten goals from midfield for the poorest team in the country and has just turned 18.

Do you really think we are getting value from him ?

53easy
25-12-2013, 11:52
The scum also seem to be struggling also on the youth front.
Forrest is the only player to come through the ranks in years at that club.

The boy they signed from us has never recovered from that injury pre-season against Madrid and will probably be released.

McCabe,Fleck,Wilson,Wylde,Macleod have all made contributions to our side in the last few years.

Jacunion
25-12-2013, 12:09
These lists are all subjective anyway.

I seem to remember Fleck making regular appearances on L'equipe's list of best young players in the world and look how that has turned out.

The Peoples Piper
25-12-2013, 12:12
On £200k per year, I believe.

Thats is astonishing, crazy crazy

aldo30
25-12-2013, 12:14
He released Shankland, Kiltie and Spittal, he released them not the management, his the management at this level.

Kiltie is a 16 year old at Killie and a regular in Scotland youth squads. Spittal has scored ten goals from midfield for the poorest team in the country and has just turned 18.

Do you really think we are getting value from him ?

Thanks for answering my question. I was not having a go at you. Just did not know the players he had released.

TOBYJUG
25-12-2013, 13:44
To be fair he let Greg Kiltie go because he wanted to leave but I honestly think he could not see by his height at under 12 never mind the boys ability. In my opinion he will go a long way in the game and he is only 17 in January

jayd1872
25-12-2013, 13:57

And looks to be a bluenose going by his facebook profile

georgiegirl
25-12-2013, 14:01
As was Greg Kiltie.