PDA

View Full Version : Accies Academy in turmoil

cambyger3
24-09-2013, 20:08
I hear the Accies academy head . I think his name is Gerry has been bumped . Is this due to them being beaten at all age groups by the baby bears over the weekend ?

HHSS
24-09-2013, 20:18
Big money coming from Wigan, new personnel at a higher level, maybe?

GingerFurball
24-09-2013, 20:31
I hear the Accies academy head . I think his name is Gerry has been bumped . Is this due to them being beaten at all age groups by the baby bears over the weekend ?

Yeah, most coaches at youth level get fired for losing games.

Jesus wept.

The Gunslinger
24-09-2013, 20:32
The finished training early one night so all the coaches could go watch celtc in the cl qualifiers.

Bigbadger
24-09-2013, 20:34

Cabyger3

Seen as how poor they have looked against the Spiders over last year or so
It's not a surprise the chap is being offloaded
No doubt realising if they pull a cracker out the bag every 3 or 4 year it will net them money like they have done recently they have decided to change personnel

cambyger3
24-09-2013, 20:47
Yeah, most coaches at youth level get fired for losing games.

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept . Get a sense of humour transplant

wishawcrossblue
24-09-2013, 22:02

Head of youth is it not George Cairns.

Deejj206
24-09-2013, 22:08
One of my ex boys club boys played for the 15's nothing mentioned so far

Blue55
24-09-2013, 22:09
Yeah it is mate not heard anything about him leaving would be strange

le great white tadpo
24-09-2013, 22:37
It's head of children's who's resigned, George cairns

burnsider
25-09-2013, 06:46
Is their HOY not Frankie McAvoy? They certainly have a good U14's side, with three players from that group training periodically down south with Man UTd, one recently gone to Celtic and one of their keepers (who Celtic let go) has been asked to sign up with Atletico Madrid for a year! Can't be doing that badly.

R.W.B.
25-09-2013, 07:10

I watched Accies v Rangers in the Under 11 games on Saturday morning, some very good prospects in the Bears teams, hopefully they rise through the ranks, on a lighter or even heavier note the Accies Pies for breakfast at 9.30am were superb :)

tdb1873
25-09-2013, 07:14
I watched Accies v Rangers in the Under 11 games on Saturday morning, some very good prospects in the Bears teams, hopefully they rise through the ranks, on a lighter or even heavier note the Accies Pies for breakfast at 9.30am were superb :)

Please take it more seriously please

;)

camjon
25-09-2013, 08:01
not heard anything about this. George has just taking over as HOY so would be surprised if true

legendary_laudrup
25-09-2013, 09:11
They've got a very decent wee set up, plenty of talent within their squads so I would be surprised if its "turmoil" OP, probably more likely just personnel moving on/up.

Most youth depts outwith rangers and Celtic are seriously strapped for cash so they won't be any different from other "premiership" (haha) clubs

elfideldo
25-09-2013, 09:33
Accies are one club that punch above their weight at youth level. They may have lost to Rangers at 11's and 12's, but Rangers were playing Killie at the older age groups last weekend.

Rangers did play Hamilton a few weeks ago and the results were

U13's Rangers 2 Hamilton 1

U14's Rangers 2 Hamilton 2

U15's Postponed

U17's Hamilton 1 Rangers 3

Hardly results of an academy in turmoil

waders1977
25-09-2013, 09:40
A good friend of mine is the under 14s coach for Accies, i will give him a bell later to find the story.

Deejj206
25-09-2013, 12:58
The under 15 game was postponed because we had a lot of injuries and players unavailable.

I have to say I have been down a few times and it looks a very good setup.

200000 Heroes
25-09-2013, 13:07
The under 15 game was postponed because we had a lot of injuries and players unavailable.

I have to say I have been down a few times and it looks a very good setup.

We play every week after the youth training (at one of their secret training locations that can't be mentioned by name in case the taigs indentify me from it) :D

I have to say, the kids look quite well coached. Seems a decent set up to me.

I'll await confirmation of the king's death on this one, if that's ok :roll:

wishawcrossblue
25-09-2013, 18:21
Is their HOY not Frankie McAvoy? They certainly have a good U14's side, with three players from that group training periodically down south with Man UTd, one recently gone to Celtic and one of their keepers (who Celtic let go) has been asked to sign up with Atletico Madrid for a year! Can't be doing that badly.

It all depends who you talk too McAvoy tells some people he has nothing to do with the youth set up as he is with the first teams then other days it changes.

pollok_blue
25-09-2013, 18:27
It all depends who you talk too McAvoy tells some people he has nothing to do with the youth set up as he is with the first teams then other days it changes.

McAvoy is a dirty tarrier bas**rd who despises The Rangers at any level.:mad:
I know from personal experience.

Bigbadger
25-09-2013, 22:05
McAvoy is a dirty tarrier bas**rd who despises The Rangers at any level.:mad:
I know from personal experience.

James is the same :p

Empire
25-09-2013, 22:29
My nephew was supposed to be going to them, not sure what has happened.

ogrfcmcfc
25-09-2013, 23:27
Gerry Mooney is the guy concerned..he ran the Children's Academy which was from the 12s down..he has resigned...George Cairns is still there as head of youth and Mcavoy assisting Alex Neil with the first team....Accies do well at youth level.

ogrfcmcfc
25-09-2013, 23:42
Mooneys boy plays for our friends from the other side of the city so don't be surprised if he gets a job there coaching or scouting. They are scouting kids born in 2008....madness.

Bigbadger
26-09-2013, 21:07
Mooneys boy plays for our friends from the other side of the city so don't be surprised if he gets a job there coaching or scouting. They are scouting kids born in 2008....madness.

5 just as well Torbet and Cairney are away fae there