PDA

View Full Version : P6 W6 D0 L0 F24 A2 Pts18

blueboyron
22-09-2013, 17:56
Football not great at times but stats not bad !! And 5pts clear at top of league.

Sam_English
22-09-2013, 17:57
I await the stampede

CaptainCourageous
22-09-2013, 17:58
Yay, close the forum down.

Andy Weir
B-bu-but Ally... he's no-... he's no a manager.

Dunantblue
Where we all want the team to be, and to minimum expectation.

Wickerman74
22-09-2013, 18:00
Some achievement I must say.

bcgogs
22-09-2013, 18:00
Where we all want the team to be, and to minimum expectation.

Minimum expectation from me is to win the league without dropping any points

TRUEBLUEBU
22-09-2013, 18:01
But that's the argument. We know we are gonna easily win this league but the fans want to see some better football. There is a genuine fear that we are not even trying to play a passing game and McCoist is happily instructing long ball tactics to 1 up front.

For the record, I am not one for getting rid of McCoist at this time.

blueboyron
22-09-2013, 18:01

So the team is on target for that.

DIV_H_RFC
22-09-2013, 18:02
Wouldn't expect anything less.

azoots217
22-09-2013, 18:06
It does make good reading those figures but where would we be without some light hearted debate about how good our team and manager are

Yorkhill_True_Blues
22-09-2013, 18:07
Ignored the rest of the threads.

Just in from the game. Wasn't the best, a win will do.

The stats are terrific overall.....since the shocking forfar game at beginning.

WATP

Craigm1972
22-09-2013, 18:10
Nobody is complaining about the league position, goals scored, goals conceded etc.

What the majority are concerned about is we are winning games due to the basic difference between a professional and part time footballer.

When the quality of opposition increases the massive, blatantly obvious inadequacies of McCoist's management will be clear for all to see.

People have to start realising this is Rangers FC and not Ally McCoist FC.

Jorg Albertz11
22-09-2013, 18:15
But, but, but... we only won by one goal, ally has to go......

Dunantblue
22-09-2013, 18:16

That is an extremely rare achievement at any level, by any team no matter what the circumstances.

If that is your minimum expectation you will almost certainly be disappointed.

scottrfc
22-09-2013, 18:17
You happy with that pish?

Jorg Albertz11
22-09-2013, 18:19

Sniff sniff...... do you enjoy applepines?

SuperSouness
22-09-2013, 18:30
You can't argue with that or the fact we have played some very nice stuff at times. We're solid at the back and much more of an attaching threat going forward.

We've also only had the new signings available for a few games yet half of this board seem to begrudge the Manager tying to improve us with some Bosmans. Already you can see the basis of a squad for us to build on.

Some of our fans just want to moan. It's completely beyond me that anyone can be lambasting the Manager at this stage. I don't particularly want Smith in Midfield or Little out wide either but he has his reasons and deserves the chance to keep progressing. A stable work environment wouldn't go amiss either.

There will be days like this unfortunately. Going out and hammering teams week in week out isn't realistic.

Scrubs UK
22-09-2013, 18:44

You're right. Its a shocking statistic....

govanman
22-09-2013, 18:55
rangers ground out a win today we cant play well every week!

AppleBear1976
22-09-2013, 19:12
rangers ground out a win today we cant play well every week!

serious question, when was the last time you watched Rangers play and went, wow! we are fantastic, the quality of football is so good, we kept teh ball on the ground and passed it so well..

listen i know we cant expect champ league standard, or even SPL standard but we are a team who should be much, much better than we are.. the results are coming but the standard of football, well it leaves a lot to be desired, if you and the others are happy with what you are seeing on the pitch, so be it.

edbur
22-09-2013, 19:15
OP, care to post this seasons League Cup stats?

mpayton15277
22-09-2013, 19:20
Sniff sniff...... do you enjoy applepines?

I reckon he does.

mpayton15277
22-09-2013, 19:22
serious question, when was the last time you watched Rangers play and went, wow! we are fantastic, the quality of football is so good, we kept teh ball on the ground and passed it so well..

listen i know we cant expect champ league standard, or even SPL standard but we are a team who should be much, much better than we are.. the results are coming but the standard of football, well it leaves a lot to be desired, if you and the others are happy with what you are seeing on the pitch, so be it.

There's been a couple of games this season where we have done that.
Even the most die hard 'Ally out' campaigner has had to admit it on here.

AppleBear1976
22-09-2013, 19:25
There's been a couple of games this season where we have done that.
Even the most die hard 'Ally out' campaigner has had to admit it on here.

a couple of games out of how many? listen i will give Ally praise when it is earned, and i have done, but we as a team just dont do it enough, the thing that worries me is that we wont always win playing poorly, a draw or a defeat to a pub team will see melt down on here.

people on here last season said 'wait till Ally gets HIS team, we will play much better'... im still waiting

positively4thst
22-09-2013, 19:26
Great stats on paper.. no question about that.
Does the way the team plays make you think a 300 mile round trip is good value..NO.
Playing like this will only leave us a hard core support who will accept anything for victory.
In the long run we will continue to lose commitment from those who have to make choices about money and family.

Yorkhill_True_Blues
22-09-2013, 19:33
Great stats on paper.. no question about that.
Does the way the team plays make you think a 300 mile round trip is good value..NO.
Playing like this will only leave us a hard core support who will accept anything for victory.
In the long run we will continue to lose commitment from those who have to make choices about money and family.

I agree with what you say about whether you would want to travel for these matches. I get that.

Id take 1-0 every game whatever competition we're in, always have. A win is a win. Of course id rather see much better every game but a win ll see us get to the top, im not saying I dont get frustrated at times. But I'll take the win.

But I dont agree that the hardcore dont make sacrifices, If I want something to wear or have a night out. I weigh it up against going to the game. Personally I've a lot of yhings I miss or change in order to follow the club. Its all about money and choices. The hardcore rangers support are not all taking their lives from a money/lifestyle that is handed on a plate.

Black and Blue
22-09-2013, 19:34

Yes but when.

gilday
22-09-2013, 19:37
Yes but when.

As soon as he gets his hands out his pockets

DadoPrso42
22-09-2013, 19:41
Some people are just blind.

If you judge Ally based on his results managing an SPL team in League 1 then be my guess. But you are totally misguided.

BlueWorldOrder
22-09-2013, 19:44
Great points tally thus far, but after today I'm chucking my away CCCS membership. Ayr will be my last, it's bad enough having to watch us at home and I'm not wasting more time and money to watch that utter garbage (because that's what it was).

positively4thst
22-09-2013, 19:45
I agree with what you say about whether you would want to travel for these matches. I get that.

Id take 1-0 every game whatever competition we're in, always have. A win is a win. Of course id rather see much better every game but a win ll see us get to the top, im not saying I dont get frustrated at times. But I'll take the win.

But I dont agree that the hardcore dont make sacrifices, If I want something to wear or have a night out. I weigh it up against going to the game. Personally I've a lot of yhings I miss or change in order to follow the club. Its all about money and choices. The hardcore rangers support are not all taking their lives from a money/lifestyle that is handed on a plate.

hmm, maybe a didn't put that point across so well. I was trying to say if you really have to choose, you might think 'it will be crap but we'll win anyway'.
In the good old days being part of the support was like being the 12th man - but now there's no atmosphere and often no sense of purpose or fight in the team - I think the crap way we go about these games isn't helping.

greggyboy
22-09-2013, 19:49
With the players we have our disposal, the stats are no surprise. The tactics, or complete lack of them as shown today, are abysmal.

William McGavin
22-09-2013, 20:06
but, but, but... We only won by one goal, ally has to go......

lol :d..............

blueboyron
22-09-2013, 20:39
OP, care to post this seasons League Cup stats?

If you want me to
League cup played 1 lost 1
Game was played with no new players allowed, and played like last years team did poorly.
Difference now with the new players allowed to play played poorly but ground out a 1.0 win.

SM
22-09-2013, 20:43
I wouldn't say we should win every game but anything less than 100 points should be classed as failure.

arnietac1
22-09-2013, 21:01
I wouldn't say we should win every game but anything less than 100 points should be classed as failure.

I deffo agree with this but would also add with over 100 goals score too.

blu_ultra
22-09-2013, 21:42
a couple of games out of how many? listen i will give Ally praise when it is earned, and i have done, but we as a team just dont do it enough, the thing that worries me is that we wont always win playing poorly, a draw or a defeat to a pub team will see melt down on here.

people on here last season said 'wait till Ally gets HIS team, we will play much better'... im still waiting

Overall, we have improved dramatically since last year though. I don't think Ally is the answer long term though. As a club we seem to lack a long term strategy. How much of that is down to what is going on off the field is a major issue as well.

rangers352
23-09-2013, 08:48
We have played two poor games this season, both away to Forfar. That tells me that Dick Campbell has a system and players that McCoist is struggling against, or that we cant get our game going on that plastic pitch. Probably a combination of the two.

Most of the rest of the games the team has been much better than last season and the entertainment has been far better. Let's leave the pitchforks and mob mentality if we go back to the same dirge as last season.

Too many folk on this forum can't think for themselves.

Maxiglw
23-09-2013, 09:01
P6 W4 D1 L1 F14 A10 GD 4 Pts 13

By a team unable to buy a bag of sugar and playing whoever owns their own boots !!

We need to look ahead to when we are no longer playing in the wee boys playground, or else we will need to spend millions on purchases as well as wages and i cannot see us doing that ever again !

potnbear
23-09-2013, 09:11
Stats are terrific albeit produced in the total dregs of Scottish football with a massive squad and team full of spl players with European and international experience against players made up from the yellow pages. Cant wait till we buy another 2ch's and 3left backs, ditch youth completely. We will be invincible

hazybear
23-09-2013, 09:18
With the players we have our disposal, the stats are no surprise. The tactics, or complete lack of them as shown today, are abysmal.

If that is the case, then how the hell did we win ?????

imager
23-09-2013, 09:23

3 weeks ago vs Airdrie!

blue wonder
23-09-2013, 09:26
[QUOTE=hazybear;20463756]If that is the case, then how the hell did we win ?????[/QUOT

A good dose of luck perhaps.

GF
23-09-2013, 09:26
If that is the case, then how the hell did we win ?????

Because big Darren Dodds can't clear a ball out his own box.

TN8
23-09-2013, 09:29
Ok then, everything's fine.

Big D
23-09-2013, 09:35
With the squad we have, we should win this league in a canter - and we will. However, I think it's also worth remembering that the team is largely made up of Bosmans and freebies from clubs like Killie, Motherwell, Southend etc, plus a few of our own youngsters.

I get frustrated seeing players played out position or shoehorned in to the side, but given the make-up of the quad, I can't see us playing a particularly high standard of football anytime soon.

Burghboy53
23-09-2013, 09:38
Can't argue with that.

simplythechamps
23-09-2013, 09:41
If we manage to go through the league campaign winning every game(unlikely but possible) then yesterday's scraped win will look upon reflection like our best result of the season.

RICHHILL RANGER
23-09-2013, 09:43
Happy to get the three points , and keep 100% league record. What I don't get is why we have gone back to playing this style of football since the introduction of the new players. We seen at the start of the league season just how well they can play , simply by adding two players to last years team.I believe that AMC is guilty of changing too many players at one time,which is clearly affecting the play. It's like they have just met. Stevie Smith is a mediocre left back at best , and Foster is no better than McAusland. No need for them , only as cover in case of injury.

Dave Angell
23-09-2013, 09:48
Another few performances like yesterday, and we won't be maintaining that 100% record in the league.

I thought we'd see some disjointed performances as the players free of the embargo came in, but Ally is still persistent on putting out some baffling team selections - Smith in front of Wallace for a kick off.

I also think McAusland can feel hard done by, watching a sub-standard player in Foster coming in to take his place.

It's frustrating because we've started the season pretty well and seen some improvement on performances, until the last couple which have been a throwback to last season.

And if Ally is using the weather as a factor for poor performances, then we better buckle down for more of the same as we move into Autumn/Winter ..........

zippy-dundee
23-09-2013, 09:55
According to John Gemmell, Stenhousemuir Striker, they are aiming to win the league. As quoted in today's Sun "we're also aiming to try and win the league. Rangers will be massive favourites but if we win every game and they slip up then we can do it." What are other bears thoughts when the lower teams big themselves up?.

lone_ranger
23-09-2013, 09:59
Excellent statistics. Sat was a one off in my opinion. That has got to be worst pitch I have ever seen for football. The only problem was Ally set out a team for a long ball game and in my opinion that was wrong. I expect us to kick on from here.

potnryan_2
23-09-2013, 10:22

Thats a **** of a stutter you have there;)

hazybear
23-09-2013, 10:30
As a neutral reading a played 6 won 6 stat, they would just say wow that's amazingly consistent.

However as a Rangers fan, my reaction would be, wow that's amazingly consistent.

More of the same please Ally. I want us win the league.

Moses Brox
23-09-2013, 10:38
I'm happy with how things are this season. Sadly unless we win every game with style Ally will be slaughtered.

loyd_grossman
23-09-2013, 10:44
I think some of us had unrealistic expectations for September - the new players had little match practice and not played competitive football for a while. As they bed in I expect us to kick-on now. I just hope we can have a decent run in the Scottish Cup - I dream of stuffing the tims at Hamdden in may

macsloyal
23-09-2013, 10:51
As a neutral reading a played 6 won 6 stat, they would just say wow that's amazingly consistent.

However as a Rangers fan, my reaction would be, wow that's amazingly consistent.

More of the same please Ally. I want us win the league.

Somehow I don't think any neutral reading that Rangers have won 6 out of 6 in the Scottish 3rd division will be saying "wow".

Super-Swally
23-09-2013, 10:52
Nobody is complaining about the league position, goals scored, goals conceded etc.

What the majority are concerned about is we are winning games due to the basic difference between a professional and part time footballer.

When the quality of opposition increases the massive, blatantly obvious inadequacies of McCoist's management will be clear for all to see.

People have to start realising this is Rangers FC and not Ally McCoist FC.

Basic difference?

People should realise that "professional" footballers in scotland who play for what are basically diddy teams are no much better than their semi-pro part time counterparts.

The general standard of a scottish professional footballer is awful in the bigger footballing picture. As I have seen there is no large glaring gulf in ability between a diddy who plays in the SPL with a diddy who plays in League one.

Cranky
23-09-2013, 10:57
the stats are brilliant and possibly better than we would have expected at the start of the season given the illegal transfer embargo

i would say that its no coincidence that the current dip in form has coincided with the suspension of black, injury to macleod and the availability of the new registrations. we have replaced people who were fully match fit with people who hadnt played competitive football all summer and changed the formation as well. the merits for dropping mcausland and changing the formation to accomodate the new guys lie with mccoist to explain. personally i would keep a settled team and formation but he obviously wants to get the new guys in the team and up to match sharpness straight away.

i would expect a much improved performance on saturday and certainly a more attacking one. if players like templeton, foster & smith cant produce better than they did yesterday mccoist should have the balls to drop them and play the likes of aird, mckay and mcausland

toadegree
23-09-2013, 11:06
This is the team that comprehensively stuffed Airdrie 6-0 with a great display of attacking football;

Scott Gallagher

Kyle McAusland
Lee McCulloch
Sebastien Faure
Lee Wallace

Robbie Crawford
Ian Black
Lewis Macleod
Nicky Law

Jon Daly
Andrew Little

Dean Shiels (s 76')
Fraser Aird (s 71')
David Templeton (s 76')

6 changes yesterday from that team, with 3 of them enforced (Gallagher, Black, McLeod) just bring back Black and McLeod, drop Foster and Smith and we can perhaps get back to some decent football again.

davemac60
23-09-2013, 11:31
Amazes me that if we had these stats as a given at the start of the season from 6 games we would have taken it....some comments on this thread and others regarding yesterday are beyond belief

TN8
23-09-2013, 11:46
This is the team that comprehensively stuffed Airdrie 6-0 with a great display of attacking football;

Scott Gallagher

Kyle McAusland
Lee McCulloch
Sebastien Faure
Lee Wallace

Robbie Crawford
Ian Black
Lewis Macleod
Nicky Law

Jon Daly
Andrew Little

Dean Shiels (s 76')
Fraser Aird (s 71')
David Templeton (s 76')

6 changes yesterday from that team, with 3 of them enforced (Gallagher, Black, McLeod) just bring back Black and McLeod, drop Foster and Smith and we can perhaps get back to some decent football again.

Its not just the players Ally has changed, its the shape.

That midfield v Airdrie was Black sitting deep, Crawford sticking mainly to the right but Macleod and Law pretty much free to find space anywhere behind the front 2, linking up with Daly.

There was absolutely no need to change it, but he did, and since then the performances have been grim. Its not a coincidence. The manager's poor decisions are affecting the performances.

pennyblack
23-09-2013, 12:04
Applepines butter scotch and jimmy saville. Yahoo kryptonite

hard2bear
23-09-2013, 12:04
"There are three types of lie: lies, damned lies and statistics" -
(Benjamin Disraeli, 1804 - 1881)

You, or others, may take comfort from these statistics, personally, I don't.

Unfortunately, from everything I've seen in the last 2 years, as much as I'd like a happy ending, I just can't see it.