PDA

View Full Version : Jum Spence

The Gooner
22-09-2013, 12:33
Has any action been taken yet by the BBC trust against this man. There seemed to be a lot of chat but now it's died a death. I want him sacked as an example to all at Pacific Quay.

Cyberniv
22-09-2013, 12:36
Has any action been taken yet by the BBC trust against this man. There seemed to be a lot of chat but now it's died a death. I want him sacked as an example to all at Pacific Quay.

Yes they gave him two weeks holiday with pay.

The Double A Man
22-09-2013, 12:37
Probably lying low.Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.Doesn't do to let these types get too stroppy.Give them and inch and they take a mile,so the saying goes.Perhaps once the verdict is announced,it will set the benchmark,but more importantly tell us more about who calls the shots with our national broadcaster,the staff,Pacific Quay CSC or BBC London.

pennyblack
22-09-2013, 12:41
Its at the second stage of complaints the bbc probably paid for him to take a detox holiday expenses included

bearfaecumbernauld
22-09-2013, 12:48
He's claiming to be a vicTIM and wants sympathy. The guy is a joke.

BBC need to take action as Spence has breached the BBC Trust guidelines after the complaints about old club shite!!

Dunantblue
22-09-2013, 12:49
Give the Trust process a chance to take place.

ldk68
22-09-2013, 12:49
Its at the second stage of complaints the bbc probably paid for him to take a detox holiday expenses included

A month in Syria would be too good for that wee cant !

mpayton15277
22-09-2013, 12:51
They have a month to investigate.
I put a separate complaint about his twitter with copies and links to his baiting tweets as its an official BBC account.
I got a reply saying they will investigate but no fob off initial apology.
I think they may well be taking it seriously.

bertram
22-09-2013, 12:56
Spence is rumoured to be after his redundo, it would be delicious if his wankyish behaviour gave the Trust grounds to sack the fantabaws gobjobby.

kennylanglea
22-09-2013, 12:58
He knew exactly what he was saying and what he was doing that day.

The man deserves no sympathy.

The BBC need to punish him for breaking clearly set out rules.

blackyboy
22-09-2013, 12:59
He's a troll. Not a journalist.

superger
22-09-2013, 13:05
1 / BBC Scotland deliberately doctored and edited out Spence's lies on their podcast.

2 / BBC Scotland issued an half-hearted apology, albeit through gritted teeth, for Spence's lies.

3 / BBC Scotland via Spence repeated the " Rangers dead club " lie despite specific guidelines not to do so by the BBC Trust.

Hopefully the BBC Trust will do the right thing by these horrible scum at BBC Scotland.

adelblue
22-09-2013, 13:06

I'd really like to see him sacked as well. I make no apology for that either :ninja:

williewoodburn
22-09-2013, 13:19
He'll be sent for a chris mclaughlin haircut and he'll be back, unnrecognisable !

gourockblue50
22-09-2013, 13:30
he will get a job with RC or the rhebel etc now that he has shown his colours.

Bouncy
22-09-2013, 13:30
Whatever is going on I suggest all bears to ignore responding or engaging with this rheptile via social networks, he needs ammunition and some aren't clever enough to not take the bait

gertwin
22-09-2013, 13:48
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dria6f.jpg

jcdno1
22-09-2013, 14:01
We've been told to expect a response from the trust on or around the 8th October.

EKTed
22-09-2013, 14:03
Time off to walk his 2 dugs

Top_Cat
22-09-2013, 14:04

True, but should still be taken to task for his comments

bigblue72
22-09-2013, 14:08
whatever is going on i suggest all bears to ignore responding or engaging with this rheptile via social networks, he needs ammunition and some aren't clever enough to not take the bait

correct :d

blackyboy
22-09-2013, 15:00
True, but should still be taken to task for his comments

I most certainly agree, and have myself complained.

I suppose my point is and what I should have added was that he shouldn't be employed as a journalist, because he's not.

pennyblack
22-09-2013, 15:12
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ZfuNudscHIo/hqdefault.jpg

miraculous
22-09-2013, 15:15
Spence is rumoured to be after his redundo, it would be delicious if his wankyish behaviour gave the Trust grounds to sack the fantabaws gobjobby.

that talentless no-mark shouldn't see another penny from licence fee payers

pennyblack
remember bbc scotland have said they do not want to follow the bbc trust guidelines any longer.

this has serious repercussions

1) how can the BBC trust be taken seriously - they are meant to be the "supreme" court of the BBC.
2) Is this opinion of the director at BBC Scotland?

superger
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ZfuNudscHIo/hqdefault.jpg

Superb ! :D

ray mac
22-09-2013, 15:37
I like a lot of posters have had replies from the BBC Trust, last reply was 8th October they will make announcement

s_mac
22-09-2013, 15:47
he's in barbados spending his wage rise.

worcester bear
22-09-2013, 15:50
Does anyone remember a TV interview many years ago that Jim Spence conducted live from Tannadice with some folk from the Dundee United Trust? They openly used the word 'Huns' live on TV, with no interjection from Spence. He was happy to let it go and no one back inn the studio batted an eyelid.

He's been at it for years, using the BBC to get across his hatred and bigotry. Not with my licence fee...

Embra Bear
22-09-2013, 16:02
remember bbc scotland have said they do not want to follow the bbc trust guidelines any longer.

this has serious repercussions

1) how can the BBC trust be taken seriously - they are meant to be the "supreme" court of the BBC.
2) Is this opinion of the director at BBC Scotland?

It isn't optional for BBC Scotland as to whether or not they follow the Trusts guidelines they have to. They've no choice.

What was rumoured and it was only a rumour was that BBC Scotland didn't agree with the trust ruling that Rangers weren't a new club.

They continue to believe that Gers are a new club and it has nothing to with fact that most of them are season ticket holders at Torbett Towers, absolutely nothing at all it's all because Cosgrope, Coward, Jum and Rheinhart said so.

These guys opinions which are not clouded in any Rangers hating way at all :roll: but in the eyes of the BBC they are more important and correct than those of UEFA, SFA, the Scottish Courts, the EuropeanClubs association and the ASA who all say we are the same club.

superbear
22-09-2013, 16:29

I'll be astonished if he gets sacked.

I certainly understand the need to speak up against some things but this affair has blown up and already become counterproductive to us to some extent - it could yet go further down that road.

The Double A Man
22-09-2013, 17:27
I certainly don't want him sacked, but there has to be a line in the sand that they know they must not cross.To do anything less would allow a free for all.You only have to look at the commentary team at todays match,almost willing the ball into our net and finding fault
at the slightest error.Granted, we didn't play that well today,but if the shoe was on the other foot and the commentary team were speaking about the Mhanks in the same way, there would be a thermo-nuclear response.

BroomhouseBear
22-09-2013, 17:27
He's been as unprofessional as it gets over the last 18 months regarding our saga and IMO deserves the sack on these grounds.

From Feb last year all through the summer he cried "sporting integrity", "cheats", "living beyond their means", "tax evasion" etc. etc. with both venom and glee in his voice. All under the guise of he was just relaying the word on the street and the feelings of Scottish football supporters he was speaking to in a feeble attempt to hide his own hatred. He talked of what out punishment would be from SPL/SFA and how big our tax bill would be from HMRC.

Then the FTT verdict was announced and he did exactly what he's done after this latest incident - disappear for a couple of weeks so he doesn't have to apologise, answer any awkward questions or admit he was wrong. He will do the EXACT same this time as well. He'll appear back on Sportsound either next weekend or the beginning of next week as if nohing has happened and he's done no wrong.

His childish, petulant, bitter Tweets the 2 days after this incident clearly demonstrates his attitude towards our club, the support, and the BBC Trust. It's almost laughable for this clown to refer to himself as a journalist or reporter.

kb thornliebank
22-09-2013, 17:35
Guys like Spence, as public service broadcasters, should be trying to provide some balance and sanity in reporting about Rangers. Instead they stoke the fires with opinions garnered from the most extreme outposts of the internet.
He should be sacked and returned to the blogosphere which is the proper medium for his prejudiced outbursts.

Wickerman74
22-09-2013, 17:41
Was there anyone arrested after the apparent abuse he reported to the cops?

willie w
22-09-2013, 17:43
I've a feeling this won't end very well for Spency. This may be a watershed moment at BBC Scotland.

BroomhouseBear
22-09-2013, 18:03
Guys like Spence, as public service broadcasters, should be trying to provide some balance and sanity in reporting about Rangers. Instead they stoke the fires with opinions garnered from the most extreme outposts of the internet.
He should be sacked and returned to the blogosphere which is the proper medium for his prejudiced outbursts.

Spot on. It's where his lack of talent belongs and he certainly appears to have plenty of fans in that arena. He's been trumpeting support from the likes of ill Phil, haggerty and other Rangers hating bigots as some sort of confirmation of him being correct and on a noble crusade. :blink:

Yet another example if his sheer unprofessionalism and idiotic judgement.

Moodymann
22-09-2013, 18:04

He's very likely to be sacked and knows it hence the voluntary redundancy.

He'll end up on Clyde when he's sacked from the BBC.

blackyboy
22-09-2013, 18:06
Spot on. It's where his lack of talent belongs and he certainly appears to have plenty of fans in that arena. He's been trumpeting support from the likes of ill Phil, haggerty and other Rangers hating bigots as some sort of confirmation of him being correct and on a noble crusade. :blink:

Yet another example if his sheer unprofessionalism and idiotic judgement.

When that's the calibre of your supporters you know you are in trouble.

ibrox40
22-09-2013, 18:36

Very accurate assessment.
Sums his "journalism" up perfectly, he's not the only one in our media either.

Ardoyne RSC
22-09-2013, 19:39
A month in Syria would be too good for that wee cant !

What the **** have the Syrians ever done to you? Do you not think they have enough arseholes in their own country?

Embra Bear
22-09-2013, 19:48

I certainly understand the need to speak up against some things but this affair has blown up and already become counterproductive to us to some extent - it could yet go further down that road.

He won't get sacked as they've already circled the wagons around him. What's more likely is that he'll take voluntary redundancy and blame it all on the big bad Rangers fans "harassing him" for doing his job. This is almost guaranteed and he'll surface on Sky or BT Sports a few weeks later after his big pay off.

scozia
22-09-2013, 19:49
Time off to wank his 2 dugs

fixed that for you :ninja:

Moodymann
22-09-2013, 20:31

Much like Glasgow City Council it's almost been something of a running joke for decades that the BBC in Scotland have been run by a certain persuassion for many generations.

The trust on the other hand isn't and will ask serious questions to the continuing motivation behind successive breaches of their charter, and it's ruling finding BBC Scotland guilty of misreporting the facts over the past 18 months.

BBC Scotland have very little manoeuvre except to hope it dies down and in the process stay silent. Editing out Spence's comments from the podcast after the show is indication and admission enough he shouldn't have said it, was factually incorrect to say it and moreover deliberately misrepresenting the facts to the audience as he has wilfully done at his own behest over a significant period of time in his capacity as a BBC journalist.

The weeping and whaling by Spence and his cohorts that subsequently ensued - much of it appearing desperate and amateur - was a script that could have been wriiten by Sinn Fein themselves. His intimation for voluntary redundancy was initial posturing and later doused by the realisation he may well be sacked. The problem with Spence - as his twitter feed illustrates - is he is bound by his inability to report facts but promote lies.

The evidence is clear.

The BBC in Scotland is nothing more than a continuous and weekly Monklandsgate.

gogo25
22-09-2013, 20:32
For the life of me I will never understand why this hate ridden cretin ever got near broadcasting. The guy is a blatant bigot and riddled with venom against Rangers and Gers fans and why ?.

There are many at BBC Scotland with serious issues with us also so I cannot see Spence dispelled with.

gogo25
22-09-2013, 20:34
Does anyone know if RFC have taken their complaint regarding Spence further ?

hurleb
22-09-2013, 20:41

Correct. He behaves like a mouthy DUFC fan, not a public service broadcaster. No place for him in a publicly funded job. Chase him back to provincial blogging obscurity.

Keith54
22-09-2013, 20:54
It isn't optional for BBC Scotland as to whether or not they follow the Trusts guidelines they have to. They've no choice.

What was rumoured and it was only a rumour was that BBC Scotland didn't agree with the trust ruling that Rangers weren't a new club.

They continue to believe that Gers are a new club and it has nothing to with fact that most of them are season ticket holders at Torbett Towers, absolutely nothing at all it's all because Cosgrope, Coward, Jum and Rheinhart said so.

These guys opinions which are not clouded in any Rangers hating way at all :roll: but in the eyes of the BBC they are more important and correct than those of UEFA, SFA, the Scottish Courts, the EuropeanClubs association and the ASA who all say we are the same club.

It's not just a rumour, the article reporting the findings says it all.

'In its evidence to the Trust, BBC Scotland had stated: "We remain of the opinion that due accuracy was achieved."'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22951447

turrabear
22-09-2013, 20:56
I certainly don't want him sacked, but there has to be a line in the sand that they know they must not cross.To do anything less would allow a free for all.You only have to look at the commentary team at todays match,almost willing the ball into our net and finding fault
at the slightest error.Granted, we didn't play that well today,but if the shoe was on the other foot and the commentary team were speaking about the Mhanks in the same way, there would be a thermo-nuclear response.

i certainly do want him sacked . might make all the other rangers haters at the bbc think twice.

Moodymann
22-09-2013, 21:03
i certainly do want him sacked . might make all the other rangers haters at the bbc think twice.

If he's sacked, let it just be the start.

Cyberniv
22-09-2013, 21:11

'In its evidence to the Trust, BBC Scotland had stated: "We remain of the opinion that due accuracy was achieved."'

If the BBC want to have an opinion rather than transmit the facts. let them stand for office, let them declare their personal interests and let them do so free of charge.

I don't want some unqualified and unelected berk's opinion, as well as the unavoidable penalty of paying for it.

I have had many and varied communications with the BBC. The one thing that shines out of them is their unbridled arrogance.

BroomhouseBear
22-09-2013, 21:15

Remember reading this at the time and being utterly astonished at Pacific Quay csc response. Essentially they've said "We note the finding that we were wrong but there's no way in hell we'll apologise and still think we're right anyway.". C*nts! :mad:

Calvers72
22-09-2013, 21:16

Exactly, and not only do I expect this wee rat to be hit hard, hopefully he'll be dismissed but I also expect that someone or some people higher up the chain at pacific quay are hit equally hard for allowing the little trolling bastard the platform to spout his pish which he obviously felt cock sure was absolutely fine with his bosses. They all need to KNOW there WILL be a price to pay every time they decide to cross the line.