PDA

View Full Version : Todays treat at the Juniors :- Thorniewood - Maybole

Red_White_and_Ajax
31-08-2013, 21:19
Had heard many good things about Maybole this season , turns out it was mostly pish and wind . They played some decent football but pretty patterns seldom work in junior football when some big man up front has the first touch of a particularly poor rapist .

http://i44.tinypic.com/29bhxjn.jpg

Thorniewood wanted the game more and showed it in the first 15 minutes by taking the game to their Ayrshire opponents at a fair rate of knots . Queen went close a couple of times and the Maybole keeper ( who managed to get involved with two mouthy Thorniewood fans in the shed during the second half ) kept them in the game with a couple of very decent saves .

http://i43.tinypic.com/2i1p0ua.jpg

Rest of the half saw Maybole take control but were mainly forced into shooting from distance , the couple of times that they got behind the `Wood defence they panicked and made an arse of it . Just before half time they hit the bar from a 25 yard shot with the keeper well beaten , but they went in at half time with the game scoreless .

http://i39.tinypic.com/9tgy9z.jpg

Second half saw a lot more of the same , Thorniewood started brighter but let Maybole come more into the game as the match went on . Maybole struck the woodwork again after 55 minutes and that was the catalyst for `Wood to up their game a little . Malone came on as a sub ( such is the wonderful world of the juniors that he is the Thorniewood top scorer for the last two seasons and leads them again this year but found himself dropped as he has been working in England this week and hasn`t been to training ) and with his first touch of the ball hit a low shot past the keeper from about 12 yards to open the scoring .

http://i41.tinypic.com/256u3oz.jpg

The goal knocked the fight out of the Ayrshire team for about 10 minutes and in that time Thorniewood clinched the match ; a superb through ball from Murphy split the defence wide and saw A Trialist knock it across the area where Duffy knocked it home from 5 yards out . If he continues to bless himself after scoring he`s going to get bricks thrown at him , **** .

http://i39.tinypic.com/vynnsg.jpg ( as he was told today , he even looks like one )

The game pretty much died on its arse from here on in although the number 12 for Maybole cracked another one off the bar with the keeper beaten in the last minute .

Note to the Maybole keeper :- If you are going to argue with people its better to do it when you are winning otherwise they just laugh at you . No doubt we`ll sit behind your goal in the away game and tell you what a fat midget arsehole you are again when we travel down to the return game x x

Good 3 points from Thorniewood today , next weekend sees us travel to darkest Beith . We might never get out

trueblue14
31-08-2013, 21:47
Get to ibrox instead of this pish !

Red_White_and_Ajax
31-08-2013, 21:49
Get to ibrox instead of this pish !

There are some Saturdays I can`t make Ibrox , that's life

on those occasions my kid takes my season ticket

However that's absolutely **** all to do with you

trueblue14
31-08-2013, 22:16
Poor attempt at humour on my part !

Settle pettle !!!!!

CooperGaz
31-08-2013, 22:18
There are some Saturdays I can`t make Ibrox , that's life

on those occasions my kid takes my season ticket

However that's absolutely **** all to do with you

Don't listen to him, really liked the post. Someone else (may b you) does similar weekly, always enjoy the reports

theknight
31-08-2013, 22:25
Saw the Bankies do for Rob Roy 2-0 today, they have a decent team this season and may do something in the Premier if it wasnt for that pesky lot at Auchinleck.

They have changed from 433 to this 4231 style, not sure its is particularly great tbh

scottcr4
31-08-2013, 22:38
Does Queen wear the number 11 ?

Red_White_and_Ajax
31-08-2013, 22:40
Does Queen wear the number 11 ?

Pretty sure he does

scottcr4
31-08-2013, 22:45
Pretty sure he does

He's a good bluenose with a ST in the Govan Rear

theknight
31-08-2013, 23:31
Bit of banter with the Rob Roy bench today, manager being referred to as a midget munchkin @rsehole :D

Cue retaliatory vickies and middle fingers while scratching their heads :p

lehuguenot
31-08-2013, 23:32
Puts me off dropping in to a Thorniewood game with that big green and gold sign they have on the main road advertising the social club.
Thought they played in red and white?

gazblue
31-08-2013, 23:54
Whats the second last picture about. Looks like some burd with her legs akimbo while the dude has took a gay cross over position.

Crown_Defender
01-09-2013, 00:00
How did murph do today mate? Involved in a goal I see.

fishpakora
01-09-2013, 00:04
Enjoyed the photo's RWA. Brought back memories of times spent at the long defunct Brandon Park.

LanarkshireBlue
01-09-2013, 00:57
I'd rather have a fortnight in Aleppo, than a day in Maybole.

colin
01-09-2013, 01:50
I hope you've to go to Maybole on a wet Wednesday in May, you throbber. By public transport ;)

carino
01-09-2013, 02:56
Is the Thorniewood ground in Viewpark or somewhere like that?

I have seen pics from R_W_A several times and thought about going to have a look.

Do they ever play when we are not playing?

Red_White_and_Ajax
01-09-2013, 09:15
Puts me off dropping in to a Thorniewood game with that big green and gold sign they have on the main road advertising the social club.
Thought they played in red and white?

The social club sign is just that , a sign . Rampant taigery takes place in the Stables bar up the road

How did murph do today mate? Involved in a goal I see.

He`s really come onto his game this year , lost a couple of stone and managed to get a pre season in . I was speaking to him a couple of weeks back and he knocked back Annan in the close season as it was too far to travel .

Enjoyed the photo's RWA. Brought back memories of times spent at the long defunct Brandon Park.

I loved my time at Bellshill and the Brandon was a huge part of that . Bellshill sold their soul for a couple of trophies and they`ll never get those days back , sadly

I'd rather have a fortnight in Aleppo, than a day in Maybole.

me too

I hope you've to go to Maybole on a wet Wednesday in May, you throbber. By public transport ;)

rather Maybole in May than Shotts anytime

Is the Thorniewood ground in Viewpark or somewhere like that?

I have seen pics from R_W_A several times and thought about going to have a look.

Do they ever play when we are not playing?

Ground is behind the care home on Old Edinburgh road , Carino

Saturday games kick off at 2pm so only if we are playing Sunday

hamiltonbear7
01-09-2013, 10:16
Thanks for this

Couldn't find the match report on BBC

Surrey True Blue
01-09-2013, 10:23
Love reading these updates RWA.
Ohhhh I do hope that faker blesses himself again,don't forget the pics of bricks being lobbed at him.:D

carino
01-09-2013, 17:38
Ground is behind the care home on Old Edinburgh road , Carino

Saturday games kick off at 2pm so only if we are playing SundayThanks R_W_A.

Are Thorniewood fixtures published anywhere in advance of their games?

Red_White_and_Ajax
01-09-2013, 18:07
Thanks R_W_A.

Are Thorniewood fixtures published anywhere in advance of their games?

SJFA website

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa/competitions.cfm?page=1761#