PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Wednesday.....I thank you

scooby
25-07-2013, 06:32
I don't know if any Wednesday fans will get to read this, but I would like to thank them all for the welcome they gave us to their city.

I spent two hours in a pub that was 50/50 with both sets of fans. We took turns at singing our own songs, and then we joined in together with other songs.

And respect is due to the Wednesday fans who came over to the Rangers stand, took the Lee Rigby flag, and displayed it in their own end. It was very much appreciated.

Also, the police are due some credit for the way they handled the fans. They were out in huge numbers, but they were very friendly and accommodating, there were smiles all round.

All in all, it was one of the best away trips I have ever been on. Thank you Sheffield for being great hosts.

saltcoatsblu
25-07-2013, 06:41
Not long back in myself Scooby, we ended up in a pub called the horse and jockey, good banter was had all round, the Lee Rigby flag was a touch of class, much applauded from all sides of hillsborough...

YOGI_GER
25-07-2013, 06:46
The Wednesday fans seemed to enjoy the occasion, watching them do the bouncy was funny.

falkirkbear
25-07-2013, 07:43
I don't know if any Wednesday fans will get to read this, but I would like to thank them all for the welcome they gave us to their city.

I spent two hours in a pub that was 50/50 with both sets of fans. We took turns at singing our own songs, and then we joined in together with other songs.

And respect is due to the Wednesday fans who came over to the Rangers stand, took the Lee Rigby flag, and displayed it in their own end. It was very much appreciated.

Also, the police are due some credit for the way they handled the fans. They were out in huge numbers, but they were very friendly and accommodating, there were smiles all round.

All in all, it was one of the best away trips I have ever been on. Thank you Sheffield for being great hosts.

100% agree with the above, absolutely spot on, their fans were singing that we were the best away support they'd had as we were walking back to the tram stop, brilliant day from start to finish.

Lochgilphead_Bear
25-07-2013, 08:00
Not long home, what a trip atmosphere was out this world! :)

scooby
25-07-2013, 11:20
100% agree with the above, absolutely spot on, their fans were singing that we were the best away support they'd had as we were walking back to the tram stop, brilliant day from start to finish.

I had parked my car at the Spion kop end of the ground and four of us bears had to walk through the masses of exiting Wednesday fans.

We were showered with compliments on our support, and they were all wishing us well for the future. I felt at ease with their fans all day.

blueboy1975
25-07-2013, 11:35
This is great stuff!!!! It is all opposite from what is seemingly being said on their forum. Im sure some rhats have infested the wednesday forum and are trying to drag us down to their level....scum

bilkobear
25-07-2013, 12:29
Managed to speak to quite a lot of Wednesday fans throughout the day.
They were all brand new.
I was amazed by how many of them had sussed out the Tarrier support.
Some were extremely 'anti' bordering on hatred.

I think the time for the myths that have been peddled by Filth and second and third generation plastics in the media is coming to an end down in England.
You can spray all sorts of perfume over a heap of shyte, but eventually anyone getting close to it or bothering to look will see it for what it is.

At the end of the game walking alongside the Wednesday supporters the friendly banter was tremendous and the compliments from them towards us was amazing.
I suppose the greatest compliment was their support doing the bouncy with us.

Of course there will be vociferous plastics living in Sheffield who will pronounce falsely and lie and deflect, that is their way.
But the tide in a historical concept of truth is truly turning. :D

Bowery Boys
25-07-2013, 12:52
Sheffield Wednesday have just posted this video on their official youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IV4ky1u0YA

They don't like Leeds apparently :D

greigo
25-07-2013, 13:12
i thought the police and the sheffield wed stewards were different class couldnt have been any more helpfull , well done to them :)

bedsblue
25-07-2013, 13:23
Glad to see you made it home ok,sitting here at work choking for a pint,great day out,we'll have to do it again sometime:cheers::).

Managed to speak to quite a lot of Wednesday fans throughout the day.
They were all brand new.
I was amazed by how many of them had sussed out the Tarrier support.
Some were extremely 'anti' bordering on hatred.

I think the time for the myths that have been peddled by Filth and second and third generation plastics in the media is coming to an end down in England.
You can spray all sorts of perfume over a heap of shyte, but eventually anyone getting close to it or bothering to look will see it for what it is.

At the end of the game walking alongside the Wednesday supporters the friendly banter was tremendous and the compliments from them towards us was amazing.
I suppose the greatest compliment was their support doing the bouncy with us.

Of course there will be vociferous plastics living in Sheffield who will pronounce falsely and lie and deflect, that is their way.
But the tide in a historical concept of truth is truly turning. :D

bilkobear
25-07-2013, 13:27
Glad to see you made it home ok,sitting here at work choking for a pint,great day out,we'll have to do it again sometime:cheers::).

Great day and thanks to the lads from The Waterside for providing great company.
Made it home no problem.
Will definitely be back up to take in another game with you Bob.
Boy has fell in love with your pub's 'puggy' and wants to have another go on it. :D

Would recommend travelling with the boys from Bedfordshire anytime.

cupfinalmoustache
25-07-2013, 13:29
Agree with everything in the OP - whole atmosphere was brilliant. Shame that the stadium was half empty, although we more than made up for that. Seeing the Wednesday supporters doing the bouncy was great. Excellent day all round.

cricketmad
25-07-2013, 13:30
Well done bears
Pure class.
WATP

FernandoTorres
25-07-2013, 13:35
Great trip, one of the best away trips I've been on.

The atmosphere was brilliant, don't think I've heard us that loud for so long before.

Feeling rough today though :D

rangersno.1
25-07-2013, 13:37
Fantastic bears once again done us proud it seems we may have earned a few more supporters after last night.

WATP.

blue wonder
25-07-2013, 13:40
Not that long back and had a brilliant time.

bedsblue
25-07-2013, 13:43
Great day and thanks to the lads from The Waterside for providing great company.
Made it home no problem.
Will definitely be back up to take in another game with you Bill.
Boy has fell in love with your pub's 'puggy' and wants to have another go on it. :D

Would recommend travelling with the boys from Bedfordshire anytime.

I thought you were Bill,lol.Don't know if we can aford him to play games in the pub,maybe he can play with one of the jack the rippers next time:eek::clap::clap:No got a spare can there have you:).

aldoblue
25-07-2013, 13:47
Well done to all the bears who attended , behaved properly and were respectful to Wednesday.
Building Bridges hopefully this will help with more fans choosing us as their Scottish team.
Plus hope the authorities down south have taken notice, and that some more high profile games may be on the way.

bilkobear
25-07-2013, 13:51
I thought you were Bill,lol.Don't know if we can aford him to play games in the pub,maybe he can play with one of the jack the rippers next time:eek::clap::clap:No got a spare can there have you:).

Ha ha, sorry Bob was speaking to a lad called Bill on the telephone as I was typing and had a senior moment.
Your fault for keeping me up late. :D

dreamtheater
25-07-2013, 13:52
Rave reviews from The Owls fans.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/198141-incredible-atmosphere/

Young_Teddy_Bear
25-07-2013, 14:03
Sounds like every bear & Wednesday fan that made the trip had an fantastic day! Well done to all! Lee rigby flag. Touch of class!

:watp: :scarf:

GoldandBalls
25-07-2013, 14:06
A brilliant day from start to finish!

Actually felt like a European away tie because of the atmosphere and the weather!

Bursting for the season to start properly now.

billywizz
25-07-2013, 14:08

That Jambo **** on there wants his junkie baws booted

whitegatesloyal11
25-07-2013, 14:23
edinburghowl's hatred towards us is staggering

200000 Heroes
25-07-2013, 14:29

I just read through three pages of glowing praise from the Owls fans about our superb support. Looks like our guys and gals really did us proud last night and made some genuine friends down the road. :D

Interestingly, there was ONE dissenting poster on the entire thread. Guess where they live. Yip, Edinburgh. A Feckin Hertz fan banging on the old sectarian bandwagon and claiming that Build My Gallows and The Sash are sectarian songs. ... Jesus wept. Do these trolls never give it a rest. On that point, please take note any Hertz would be my 2nd team in Scotland posters. :eek:

Anyway, the overwhelming majority are full of praise for our fans and our club and the Lee Rigby flag definitely went down well. Great job everyone as you have again shown up the bheasts for the filthy IRA bigot schum that they are...

wandsworth blue
25-07-2013, 14:32

Remember 1690 or something ridiculous ?

11albertz
25-07-2013, 14:47
buzz07 and myself, met a mate of mine before the game last night,Sheff Wed supporter.

He text'd me after the game.

Brilliant supporters,best iv'e ever seen at Hillsborough.

Another text this morning,Jack(13 yr old son)is wearing his Rangers shirt and cap today.:)

Thanks Andy.

Hampshire Bear
25-07-2013, 14:52
I am dying today!

What a trip!

NeilstonGer
25-07-2013, 15:50
The London Branch had a cracking trip. I got to bed at 4.00am, at work at 9.00am. A wee bit tired but well worth it.

steveger1
25-07-2013, 16:04

he's on here too, he's actually not that bad, just the typical hurting jealous jambo, nice bloke though:)

steveger1
25-07-2013, 16:18

they have mate, just copied onto owlstalk to show the wednesday fans we appreciated yesterday....WATP UTO

nithbear
25-07-2013, 17:54

Obsessed. But in a huge minority!......must be his area of residence to blame.:roll:

nithbear
25-07-2013, 17:57
they have mate, just copied onto owlstalk to show the wednesday fans we appreciated yesterday....WATP UTO

I too have just been into Owlstalk; thanks for your kind words Wednesday fans.
This trip was outstanding. :):) Saturday ko would have been special. :D

OldhamLoyal
25-07-2013, 17:59
Superb trip, great banter, coppers were fine, beer flowed, beer flowed and beer flowed WATP
Must have been stopped about half a dozen times by Owls fans while on my way to the train station, we really made an impression on them even a taxi driver beeped his horn and shouted Rangers, the blades fans were brand new as well and were gutted we didn`t win .

a4ndyc
25-07-2013, 18:03
What a trip. Bears fans at our brilliant best. WATP.

revsween
25-07-2013, 18:06
he's on here too, he's actually not that bad, just the typical hurting jealous jambo, nice bloke though:)

He's a hand wringer a liar and a ****

scooby
25-07-2013, 18:34

Cheers Mate.

You must have been worried that anything untoward might have happened, specially as you obviously have great feelings for both clubs.

Glad it went so well, you must feel so proud of both sets of fans.

ally-c
25-07-2013, 18:41

I enjoyed, cheers mate

bluenoselyns
25-07-2013, 18:51
I work with Wednesday fans and all they said today was it was the best away support theyve seen for a bit and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Bulldog
25-07-2013, 18:54
The Jambo on it was trying his best the night before the game to spew his hatred towards us!!!

Bulldog
25-07-2013, 18:54
Ps his avatar is an owl badge with a hearts one eejit

noucamp72
25-07-2013, 19:30
That Jambo bawbag is gutted at how well the night went and the praise we received.

He is oozing pain.

capital bear
25-07-2013, 19:34
Didnt make work today but loads of texts from Wednesdayites saying ""awesome support", "best away support seen at Hillsborough" etc, etc.

Took a walk down Hillsborough today and we are the talk of the place.

toofurrapound
25-07-2013, 19:40
There was also the idiot who'd written a "thesis" :D

Till another owl called him out

Oh and interesting to see the justification for Celtic's sectarianism will come from a dissertation written at a Catholic university. Just saying
Another budding sectarian prof devine

I just read through three pages of glowing praise from the Owls fans about our superb support. Looks like our guys and gals really did us proud last night and made some genuine friends down the road. :D

Interestingly, there was ONE dissenting poster on the entire thread. Guess where they live. Yip, Edinburgh. A Feckin Hertz fan banging on the old sectarian bandwagon and claiming that Build My Gallows and The Sash are sectarian songs. ... Jesus wept. Do these trolls never give it a rest. On that point, please take note any Hertz would be my 2nd team in Scotland posters. :eek:

Anyway, the overwhelming majority are full of praise for our fans and our club and the Lee Rigby flag definitely went down well. Great job everyone as you have again shown up the bheasts for the filthy IRA bigot schum that they are...

toofurrapound
25-07-2013, 19:42
Hasn't he been perma banned now?

nafstreah?
Seems like a jealous snidey arsehole to me

fotze2
25-07-2013, 19:50
There was also the idiot who'd written a "thesis" :D

Till another owl called him out

Another budding sectarian prof devine

The best bit was this from wakefieldowl :

Tomboss, on 25 Jul 2013 - 00:48, said:http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_images/master/snapback.png (http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=4661900)
copy this from a previous post to get a bit of balance to the argument:

Celtic are about freedom, like scotland were during william wallace times! for some reason the rangers scum seem to have forgotten that england took their 'free country'! anyone who dares disagree with me look up myt 1st class honours degree in politcics and history at leeds trinity university (in around 2 months time tops) that is going through acceptance to become a published article.

I'll let you know when it is succesfully published you uneducated fools.
Arent u the same tail that started a heated debate at time game was announced, by stating u were taking an irish flag ?? How did u get on with that ? You call rangers scum yet they behaved superb last night. How would you describe celtic at brentford ? Ive got an a level in spotting morons, go look it up at ashleigh school

Aggieblue
25-07-2013, 20:20
That Jambo **** on there wants his junkie baws booted

I 2nd that, away and watch you own club die you muppet:mad:

tauntonbear
25-07-2013, 20:57
Fair dos to the Wednesday support.

keep_believin84
25-07-2013, 21:06
The Wednesday fans seemed to enjoy the occasion, watching them do the bouncy was funny.

One of my favourite bits of the night was watching them reciprocate with the Bouncy whilst we were doing it. :)

They applauded us the whole night with our actions, singing and general good behaviour, and absolutely loved the fact that we were singing "One Lee Rigby" and the parading of the flag.

The Police were fantastic, very helpful and accommodating and we even had a laugh with a couple of them. Hat's off to them.

We popped into the Sports Bar in Hillsborough for one just before getting in for kick-off, and one of the Wednesday fans said his, "second team after today was Rangers and f*ck C*ltic!"

We were then met by another couple of lads en route to the ground who said they loved Rangers, it didn't matter what the result was going to be, we shook hands and they said, "It doesn't matter, because we hate C*ltic." :D

An amazing afternoon / evening and an amazing atmosphere. What a day. :):union::watp::robbo::bouncy:

gp1981
25-07-2013, 21:22
just thinking there after the amazing away support at both Bristol and now Sheffield and making new friends and relationships with other clubs, Could this in many many years be like the why is there a Rangers / Chelsea affiliation question??... 'Cos wee durranty had his testimonial against them and then in 2013 we went down and had one helluva party to show them what the best fans in the world sound like !' or 'we're both sponsored by the sameCider company so we went down south and got pissed in the sun one summer'

lutonloyal
26-07-2013, 09:22
I'm an English Bear and got home yesterday pm (totally f**ked).

The message is quickly getting through to English folk what we are all about and that Celtic are actually enemies to England/Britain.

Bristol and Sheffield were both brilliant trips and the class behaviour of Bears fans throughout was fantastic. Whenever any English ask me, why Rangers? - These two recent experiences go some way to explain why.

RTID

Göteborg-Rangers
26-07-2013, 09:35
I'm an English Bear and got home yesterday pm (totally f**ked).

The message is quickly getting through to English folk what we are all about and that Celtic are actually enemies to England/Britain.

Bristol and Sheffield were both brilliant trips and the class behaviour of Bears fans throughout was fantastic. Whenever any English ask me, why Rangers? - These two recent experiences go some way to explain why.

RTID

We met a bear from Luton just before half time, bar was shutting and he gave us two of his beers :)

Wasn't you was it?

47blue
26-07-2013, 10:41

I was in the main stand at Hillsborough with my big mate & his son(both wednesday fans),it was amazing to watch the Rangers support in full cry
The game ended with handshakes all round
Brilliant,well done to both sets of fans

davieloyal
26-07-2013, 10:44
was in the bears end at Hillsborough both sets of fans were brilliant my 2 wee guys loved they said it beat Bristol !

Crown_Defender
26-07-2013, 11:10
Cracking day out. Agree with comments about the Wednesday fans and the Polis. The guy in the home end wearing the England top was quite funny. Obviously thought it was going to wind a few of us up. Uneducated tit :D:D:D

Thought our fans were amazing, the atmosphere was like a cup final at times. When they scored we basically just sang right through it. It would be interesting to hear how many home fans actually seen their goal as they looked like they were watching us for most of the game.:D

Spoke to a few Owls outside and they were saying it's the best away crowd they have ever seen at Hillsborough. Think everyone would happily make this an annual thing.

as others have said I think more and more people are seeing us for what we are rather than listening to stupid scare stories after Manchester.

well done to everyone there, you did the club proud ;)

alanalankerr2
26-07-2013, 11:27
Absolutely amazing day/evening/night. Wednesday fans one and all stating he Rangers support is the BEST they have ever ever seen- even better than the local derby v the blades. It could only be the Rangers- lots of new friends!! Fantastic

gramps1
26-07-2013, 11:51
****sake wee had a brilliant trip ,had a great crack with wed fans lets leave it at that instead of all this new friends pish.

papaclio
26-07-2013, 12:04
After the game we went back to the Hillsborough social club -where the Sheffield fans couldn't praise our support enough. Felt good to have been a part of it.
The Police and stewards were brilliant and couldn't do enough to assist.

Back at work and a colleague from our Leeds office, who heard about me supporting Rangers, took time out to send me an email to say .. The £15 he spent to get in - was worth it just to watch our support, he said the best £15 he has ever spent - He and his mates take in away games following The Owls and he says he has never in his life experienced anything like it ....
Seems like we made an impression :-)
All for the right reasons - WATP

mpayton15277
26-07-2013, 12:21

Is edinburghOwl the backwards Hearts fan?

I didn't mind the backwards one on here but EdinburghOwl comes across a bit of a fud.

kivo
26-07-2013, 15:22
EdinburghOwl is as nice a fella as you could wish to meet, though obviously he's not a fan of the big two north of the border...

Would you guys come down in big numbers again if this became an annual or bi-annual fixture?

Really enjoyed it, a lot better than playign Stoke or Wigan.

bigwalter
26-07-2013, 15:24
I loved reading through the Wednesday forum, it look's like their fans enjoyed it as much as the Bears did, lots of nice things to say about us.

bluenosewrx
26-07-2013, 15:24
EdinburghOwl is as nice a fella as you could wish to meet, though obviously he's not a fan of the big two north of the border...

Would you guys come down in big numbers again if this became an annual or bi-annual fixture?

Mate,

If you had it on a sat, you would see over 10k supporters easy!!! :)

Crown_Defender
26-07-2013, 15:31

Without a doubt mate.

I personally would rather we played different teams year on year but at the same time it was good to be welcomed into a city and to have such a great day out. I would think if it did happen again the Wednesday fans would turn out in bigger numbers and likewise we would probably be allowed more tickets.

When we played Fulham a few years back there was 10k Bears in the ground that day. We would easily match that for Sheffield I reckon

gp1981
26-07-2013, 16:01
Dado's overhead kick ! unbelievable

Cardee
26-07-2013, 16:28
We had a guy approach us on our way to get the tram after the game and tell us "50,000 every second week, you'll have your RIGHTFUL place back in no time, you lot better come back here, best support we've ever seen here".

Left us amazed.

Kilwinnin Bluenose
26-07-2013, 16:38
A fantastic trip to a fantastic, historic ground. I wish Sheffield Wednesday all the best for the future and hope to see them at Ibrox!

I do not, however, regret getting the tram carriage we were in to sing "We all dream of a team of Davie Weirs" though! :)

lutonloyal
26-07-2013, 23:38
We met a bear from Luton just before half time, bar was shutting and he gave us two of his beers :)

Wasn't you was it?

Probably, but am going to be honest and say I can't remember:(

brandon5160
27-07-2013, 00:27
some good comments about the bears in there, but my god some of the crap being spouted is unreal.
i look forward to that guy getting his masters in polititical science( or whatever it was)and then becoming a leading politician in the new scottish republic:)

freddyflintoff
27-07-2013, 00:40
Probably, but am going to be honest and say I can't remember:(

Haha aye you were a tad wellied when I saw you.

Remosaki
27-07-2013, 10:13
****sake wee had a brilliant trip ,had a great crack with wed fans lets leave it at that instead of all this new friends pish.

I agree 100% with this.

WilfredJ
27-07-2013, 10:31
I agree 100% with this.

Agree as well. Please love us is a soapdodger trait.

jackdaniels78
27-07-2013, 10:38

Can't help but feel our club is going to come back stronger than ever after reading those comments. As a support we are second to none and the way our club has been treated will provide motivation for years to come

Sam_English
27-07-2013, 11:25

A Saturday game and we'd bring twice the amount of support.

crowthornebear
27-07-2013, 11:37
Great day out, found the people of Sheffield very helpful and the police were excellent, good humoured but still boundaried enough to ensure that people didn't go over the top.

Thank You Sheffield, look forward to going back, I will certailnly be looking out for the Wednesday results in the future.

WATP

lutonloyal
27-07-2013, 11:40
Haha aye you were a tad wellied when I saw you.

Just another Saturday............I mean Wednesday ;)

bedsblue
27-07-2013, 13:38
Just another Saturday............I mean Wednesday ;)

Good to see you made it back in one piece Alan,has Richard sobered up yet?>:)

lutonloyal
28-07-2013, 14:40
Good to see you made it back in one piece Alan,has Richard sobered up yet?>:)

Just about and good to see you too mate.

WATP

barneybear
29-07-2013, 13:45
Just about and good to see you too mate.

WATP
i have put this back to the top as I wanted the link to Owls talk form the thread, just to wind my timmy mate up!

Bannerman
29-07-2013, 17:18
A fantastic trip as many have said. Good banter on the trams from both sets of supporters on the way to the game and a lot of respect shown towards us inside the ground. Fair play to the two Wednesday fans who asked for the Lee Rigby banner which paved the way for the pitchside display - a magnificent gesture. Good to see fans of both sides talking at the dividing fence where generally It's the closest area to wind-up the opposition.

Had to laugh at the old guy who showed Jessica Ennis athleticism to clamber over the fence and mingle with the Bears - then wave to the Wednesday fans he'd been standing alongside. Thought the home fans in the area immediately to our right were very noisy at the start and imagine a derby with their city rivals would generate an excellent atmosphere.

Nice touch at the local programme shop situated outside the ground to adorn the window with collectable Rangers programmes - many from memorable European games. Good also to read an unbiased match report for a change - the Sheffield Star praising the travelling support and commenting on our rendition of 'God save the Queen.' Such a favourable comment would never appear in a publication North of the border.

As for the police, our worst fears never materialised and the local plods were very helpful and accommodating. An unforgettable day - though obviously a Rangers victory would've rounded everything off. Next time, possibly. :roll:

NorseGod
29-07-2013, 18:35
Without doubt one of the best ever away trips from start to finish.
Travelled on the Glaswegian bus, a fantastic crowd of Bears, and took my 2 kids to their 1st ever away game.
Our support is simply mindblowing, in numbers, colour and noise.
WATP.
Thanks to all in Sheffield and on the Glaswegian bus for an unforgettable day.

Lamh Dearg
29-07-2013, 20:04
A fantastic trip as many have said. Good banter on the trams from both sets of supporters on the way to the game and a lot of respect shown towards us inside the ground. Fair play to the two Wednesday fans who asked for the Lee Rigby banner which paved the way for the pitchside display - a magnificent gesture. Good to see fans of both sides talking at the dividing fence where generally It's the closest area to wind-up the opposition.

Had to laugh at the old guy who showed Jessica Ennis athleticism to clamber over the fence and mingle with the Bears - then wave to the Wednesday fans he'd been standing alongside. Thought the home fans in the area immediately to our right were very noisy at the start and imagine a derby with their city rivals would generate an excellent atmosphere.

Nice touch at the local programme shop situated outside the ground to adorn the window with collectable Rangers programmes - many from memorable European games. Good also to read an unbiased match report for a change - the Sheffield Star praising the travelling support and commenting on our rendition of 'God save the Queen.' Such a favourable comment would never appear in a publication North of the border.

As for the police, our worst fears never materialised and the local plods were very helpful and accommodating. An unforgettable day - though obviously a Rangers victory would've rounded everything off. Next time, possibly. :roll:

I was at the Sheffield derby ten or eleven years ago at Bramall Lane with a United fan. Game and atmospere wasnt that great but there was mayhem in the city centre after the game.

11albertz
29-07-2013, 20:13
Without doubt one of the best ever away trips from start to finish.
Travelled on the Glaswegian bus, a fantastic crowd of Bears, and took my 2 kids to their 1st ever away game.
Our support is simply mindblowing, in numbers, colour and noise.
WATP.
Thanks to all in Sheffield and on the Glaswegian bus for an unforgettable day.

Bradford,Derby Bristol,Sheffield special days.

shawlandsbear
29-07-2013, 21:38
Bradford,Derby Bristol,Sheffield special days.

I managed bradford and sheffield but sadly i missed derby which was meant to be a wild one

ibroxonian
02-08-2013, 11:46
Just had an email from a guy I used to work with, he's a big Wednersdayite. Not the kind of guy to throw good news around if he can help it, typical glum Yorkie.....

"Oh by the way ------------- your lot were so amazing support wise

Atmos was amazing. 16500 there and zero agro. Good banter before during n after.

Just how footy should be!!!!!

Stewards laid back attitude.

Police shut all offy's but still plenty of ale accessed and drunk by all concerned."