PDA

View Full Version : Bayern v Bayern

Earl of Leven
24-07-2013, 10:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP7Yp99CYAA-DCh.jpg:large

They're quite strong in depth aren't they? :eek:

Ubik
24-07-2013, 11:01
i wonder how our A and B teams would look... but bayern look formidable.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 11:02
2 fantastic teams apart from one area, there cb. They don't have a decent one out of all 4.

The midfield to forwards in the first line up is just un real.

AA
24-07-2013, 11:04

If you say so.

I've only heard of 3 or 4 of team B.:D

Hammerinho
24-07-2013, 11:05
2 fantastic teams apart from one area, there cb. They don't have a decent one out of all 4..

Haha, aye ok :blink:

:D

Pete Doherty
24-07-2013, 11:06
2 fantastic teams apart from one area, there cb. They don't have a decent one out of all 4.

Eh? Dante performed brilliantly last season and Badstuber is a very good defender imo.

aussiearsenal
24-07-2013, 11:09
I wonder how robben will feel being in the "B" team, I know just a in team friendly but with his attitude you just know he will hate it.

It's also interesting to see bayern "A" playing the Barcelona way without a recognised striker. How will it work with those players?

garymack2.0
i wonder how our A and B teams would look... but bayern look formidable.

Bell

Foster Gasparato Cribari Wallace

Little Law MaCleod Tempelteon

Law Daly

Gallacher

Argyriou Faure Perry Smith

Aird Black Peralta McKay

McCulloch Sheils

possibly ??

Rangers2011
Eh? Dante performed brilliantly last season and Badstuber is a very good defender imo.

Dante is a total bomb scare and for every header he wins he gives away 2 chances. Somebody like Kompany would be superb for them.

KopGer
24-07-2013, 11:12
Dante is a total bomb scare and for every header he wins he gives away 2 chances. Somebody like Kompany would be superb for them.

Yet he was in the Bundesliga team of the year and an integral part of the most miserly defence in the top leagues in Europe.

Boateng is a fine defender too.

Amazing they did what they did last season without one good central defender. :roll:

Hammerinho
24-07-2013, 11:13

Bayern conceeded 18 goals last season. Dante was a mainstay. :D

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 11:14
Yet he was in the Bundesliga team of the year and an integral part of the most miserly defence in the top leagues in Europe.

Boateng is a fine defender too.

Amazing they did what they did last season without one good central defender. :roll:

Yeah Barca have done it for years mate, please stop the rolls eyes it just looks pathetic.

almeyda
24-07-2013, 11:14
Bell

Foster Gasparato Cribari Wallace

Little Law MaCleod Tempelteon

Law Daly

Gallacher

Argyriou Faure Perry Smith

Aird Black Peralta McKay

McCulloch Sheils

possibly ??

How can gasparato be the 1st choice centre half??

I think people are making this boy out to be something he isn't as he hasn't had any decent game time.

Hammerinho
24-07-2013, 11:15

They broke defensive records last season and won a treble!

This forum is mental at times :D

weemano
24-07-2013, 11:15
If you say so.

You're either lying or you don't know much about football:blink:

garymack2.0
24-07-2013, 11:16
How can gasparato be the 1st choice centre half??

I think people are making this boy out to be something he isn't as he hasn't had any decent game time.

he wouldn't be, but didn't see the point in putting in Mohsni or Pandza until they had actually signed.

KopGer
24-07-2013, 11:17
Yeah Barca have done it for years mate, please stop the rolls eyes it just looks pathetic.

So's your argument, frankly.

Pique and Puyol were garbage too were they? Stop digging.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 11:18

Puyol has hardly played in years mate, or have you not watched Barca for a while?

garymack2.0
24-07-2013, 11:19

to be fair Pique isn't great and they have had Song, Mascharano and Busquets playing in the CB position due to Puyols long term injurys

people have been saying for the past few years Barca need a decent CB or 2

KopGer
24-07-2013, 11:19
Puyol has hardly played in years mate, or have you not watched Barca for a while?

Barca have done it for years you said. Over several of 'those years' were Puyol and Pique a superb partnership and the envy of many of their rivals?

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 11:20
Barca have done it for years you said. Over several of 'those years' were Puyol and Pique a superb partnership and the envy of many of their rivals?

Yeah because that's defo the thing Barca are known for, a good defence.

Please see post 19 mate, think that clears it up for you.

KopGer
24-07-2013, 11:21
to be fair Pique isn't great and they have had Song, Mascharano and Busquets playing in the CB position due to Puyols long term injurys

people have been saying for the past few years Barca need a decent CB or 2

Of course they do, but he was clearly alluding to Barca having had no decent central defenders throughout their spell as the dominant force in Europe.

Like his point about Bayern, it's nonsense.

KopGer
24-07-2013, 11:22
Yeah because that's defo the thing Barca are known for, a good defence.

I'm out. You've dragged me down to your level and are now beating me with experience.

Must need feed the troll.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 11:23
I'm out. You've dragged me down to your level and are now beating me with experience.

Must need feed the troll.

Point well proved I would say.

Pete Doherty
24-07-2013, 11:40

Puyol has played 66 times in the last 2 seasons.

Top_Cat
24-07-2013, 11:41
Ze Germans ;)

Hammerinho
24-07-2013, 11:50

Like you saying Dante was pish and then me pointing out that Bayern conceeded 18 goals total last season, breaking records in the process.

He was a mainstay in that defence. If he and Boateng aren't very good what supermen in the team kept that ship tight!?

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 11:57
Like you saying Dante was pish and then me pointing out that Bayern conceeded 18 goals total last season, breaking records in the process.

He was a mainstay in that defence. If he and Boateng aren't very good what supermen in the team kept that ship tight!?

Bayern are based on there midfield to forward line mate, there full backs are top class. The weakest part of there team is there cb's.

The supermen as you call them are there cm and full backs, if you have ever watched them play.

KopGer
24-07-2013, 12:03

What's the point in arguing when you won't see the error and ignorance in your first post?

You still believe, despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary, that Bayern's first choice central defensive pairing requires radical overhaul.

That's despite only conceding two goals in two Bundesliga matches last season, and three on the final day of the season with an entire squad rested ahead of the CL Final.

That's despite keeping clean sheets in both games against Juventus.

That's despite keeping cleans sheets in both games against Barcelona.

That's despite conceding just 11 goals in 13 games against the best teams in Europe.

Oh that Real/Barca/Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/City had that kind of inefficiency then they might themselves be rulers of the roost.

Jelle1880
24-07-2013, 12:04
Incredible that they have such depth in their team, can't see past them for another shot at the CL.

cav
24-07-2013, 12:06
To be fair Dante has made a few big mistakes,like the pen he gave away in the champs league final I think it was?
But a few mistakes over a season which he was by and large formidable and solid does not make him a poor Ch imo.
The Barca argument for me is different,they have always been dodgy for quite some time and make a lot of mistakes.But their ball retention is so good they get away with it most of the time.

jimmy_garrincha
24-07-2013, 12:08

there's no way the goat was bought to play upfront surely?

Surely Ribery will lose his place and The goat on the left and Mandzukic will be the forward man.

Dunantblue
24-07-2013, 12:09

Each to his own view, even when it is patently preposterous hogwash of the first order

making_a_stand
I'll ignore Rangers2011's nonsense just to say that the "A" team would wallop the "B" team comfortably.

Luiz Gustavo isn't even a left back. The "B" side has three top class players in it.

Art Vandelay
If you say so.

I'm honestly bewildered at this.:confused:

There are only 2 players in that team I could understand you not having heard of.

Genuinely confused as to who the 3 or 4 are.:confused:

KopGer
24-07-2013, 12:10
there's no way the goat was bought to play upfront surely?

Surely Ribery will lose his place and The goat on the left and Mandzukic will be the forward man.

Ribery will play. He was outstanding last season and there was an argument in Kicker (I think) that he should be considered Player of the Year.

Lester Piggott
24-07-2013, 12:10

Dante, Badstuber and Van Buyten are all cracking players!

Pete Doherty
24-07-2013, 12:14
I'll ignore Rangers2011's nonsense just to say that the "A" team would wallop the "B" team comfortably.

Luiz Gustavo isn't even a left back. The "B" side has three top class players in it.

Mandzukic, Robben and Kroos.

Blue_Blood
24-07-2013, 12:15

Absolute tosh

Art Vandelay
24-07-2013, 12:16

I'll just add to what everyone else has said - complete garbage.

Probably the best defence in the world at the moment.

making_a_stand
24-07-2013, 12:19
Mandzukic, Robben and Kroos.

That's the three I was thinking of.

I'm not a fan of Robben most of the time but when he's on his game and actually linking up with team mates then he's brilliant.

Shaqiri might go on to do it but I couldn't class him as up there yet.

I do really like Gustavo as well but he'd need to be playing in a defensive midfield role.

cav
24-07-2013, 12:53
That's the three I was thinking of.

I'm not a fan of Robben most of the time but when he's on his game and actually linking up with team mates then he's brilliant.

Shaqiri might go on to do it but I couldn't class him as up there yet.

I do really like Gustavo as well but he'd need to be playing in a defensive midfield role.

Like most I couldn't believe the workrate of Robben in the CL last season,be interesting to see if Guardiola can get as much out of him this year.Fair comment on the other two players as well mate.

KingFish
24-07-2013, 12:58
I see Bayern dominating for a few years to come.

Gazman_Airdrie
24-07-2013, 13:03
I'd love to see Bayern organise a friendly against themselves using their full squad and a few extra youngsters. Would make good viewing.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 13:42
What's the point in arguing when you won't see the error and ignorance in your first post?

You still believe, despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary, that Bayern's first choice central defensive pairing requires radical overhaul.

That's despite only conceding two goals in two Bundesliga matches last season, and three on the final day of the season with an entire squad rested ahead of the CL Final.

That's despite keeping clean sheets in both games against Juventus.

That's despite keeping cleans sheets in both games against Barcelona.

That's despite conceding just 11 goals in 13 games against the best teams in Europe.

Oh that Real/Barca/Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/City had that kind of inefficiency then they might themselves be rulers of the roost.

So your saying that it's there cb's and only there cb's that have done all this?

There team is world class in every are other than cb really how hard is that to understand?

GioLoyal
24-07-2013, 13:44
Of course they do, but he was clearly alluding to Barca having had no decent central defenders throughout their spell as the dominant force in Europe.

You're right and he was talking nonsense.

Just incase you needed confirmation of that from an observer.

JellaFella
24-07-2013, 13:47
Is Kompany quite overrated?

He always seems to be brought up as the standard for CBs, he was excellent the season City won the title (domestically) but he has been pretty average the rest of the time IMO.

He also seems to get his pants pulled down in Europe quite a lot.

All of this despite City being a team who focused on defence during Mancinis time in charge.

53easy
Remember when the Sunday Mail had 3 Rangers teams for the season?

That worked out well for us!

Rangers2011

Always a bad sign when somebody has to make stuff up to support there argument.

Some people on here really struggle with the idea of other people having a diff view.

AA
24-07-2013, 13:48
You're either lying or you don't know much about football:blink:

Only interested in the Rangers, any other football bores the tits off me.

Sorry but it's the way i am, but you are correct, i know hee haw about foreign football.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 13:50
Only interested in the Rangers, any other football bores the tits off me.

Sorry but it's the way i am, but you are correct, i know hee haw about foreign football.

Bit off topic mate but can I ask why?

How can you be bored with other teams that play the same sport? Esp teams that play it much better?

AA
24-07-2013, 13:54
Bit off topic mate but can I ask why?

How can you be bored with other teams that play the same sport? Esp teams that play it much better?

It's not off topic if you read the original dialogue.

I've already "apologised".
I can't get "into it" if the Gers aren't involved.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 13:55
It's not off topic if you read the original dialogue.

I've already "apologised".
I can't get "into it" if the Gers aren't involved.

No need for an apology mate, none at all. I was just really interested to try and work out your views on the game.

What about world cups and so on?

AA
24-07-2013, 13:59
No need for an apology mate, none at all. I was just really interested to try and work out your views on the game.

What about world cups and so on?

I think i watched about 3 games in the last one but that probably had more to do with them vuva..vuvizal...them big f ucking horns.

Rangers2011
24-07-2013, 14:07
I think i watched about 3 games in the last one but that probably had more to do with them vuva..vuvizal...them big f ucking horns.

Know what you mean they were a joke.

bs1982
24-07-2013, 14:39
Decent article here about Bayern's tactics next season-

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2013/bayern-munich-summer-transfers-and-tactical-options/