PDA

View Full Version : were is all our rangers money men

pdee
23-07-2013, 08:32
i started blantyre rangers afc ,we now have a under 21 team and are now
taking on a under 19 team,the committee are doing a great job,
we have been looking for sponsors for us too get up too the next level,
but all the rangers men we know with money are not interested,
then we look at blantyre celtic,they have rod stewart as there president,phillips have gave them a big sponsorship.and big celtic man wullie haughie has given them a blank cheque ,we win the league last year and got too a final beating them 3 times last season,but now with the backing they have from there own it looks as is they will go miles ahead of us,
why do our rangers local buinesness men not want too see us up there with the best,

klostheboss
23-07-2013, 08:35
Aye, that's a pretty poor show to be honest mate

pdee
23-07-2013, 08:37
rod stewart had them down at his house last month too play his team it
was all over the papers ,its gave them a great platform ,

chilledbear
23-07-2013, 08:40
Agree completely, you could change the Blantyre to Glasgow and it would be the same story.

chic
23-07-2013, 08:42
If I had a right few quid I would back you all the way but I'm pink lint.

Anyway all the best with your teams for the season and I hope you get some well deserved sponsorship.

W.A.T.P.

jdm1873
23-07-2013, 08:48
Its the climate we are living in just now.
This year my company has been approached for sponsorship from 250 up to 50,000 however in years gone by we could support a lot of these teams/sportsmen/events but nowadays we have to cut back.

The days of sponsoring teams or events to bring in business is gone unfortunately.

iwm
23-07-2013, 08:51
rod stewart had them down at his house last month too play his team it
was all over the papers ,its gave them a great platform ,

That was a charity fundraiser for someone's son with an illness

Edit think I'm getting mixed up with something else,a bit early in the morning!

1972djc
23-07-2013, 08:52
The sad fact of the matter is they aint gonna see a return on the money so in this climate you arent going to invest unless you are minted!!

martin157
23-07-2013, 08:55
What about big andy smilie why dont you ask him,if any bluenose will help you he certainly will.

scopo
23-07-2013, 08:58
Well mate if they are not interested in investing in the big Gers?????

Anyway best wishes for the season ahead.

pdee
23-07-2013, 09:03
the match at rod stewarts was not a funraiser,they played rods team the vagabonds ,
they have been ivited back down next year,
they also e mail him with there results every week .

pollokprod
23-07-2013, 09:05
People have to watch if they are associated with anything Rangers ! Ask Bruce Coaches.

badboy
23-07-2013, 09:05
What about Bullet express. The lad that owns that is a massive blue nose. All the best for next season mate.

iwm
23-07-2013, 09:07
the match at rod stewarts was not a funraiser,they played rods team the vagabonds ,
they have been ivited back down next year,
they also e mail him with there results every week .

I've already eddited my post mate.

Have you aprroached Philips as they may like to sponsor both teams to avoid showing any sort of Favroutism.

onedadoprso1
23-07-2013, 09:10
Not a surprise to hear that, most so called rangers men are just that. So called. Hope someone can help you out op.

pdee
23-07-2013, 09:17
i give them sponsor through the pub but its not near enough too what
we are now looking for,as wee aim too get bigger ,
the great satisfaction is the tims in blantyre hate that we have a blantyre rangers
there has allways been a blantyre celtic so its great too stuff them

tazzabear
23-07-2013, 09:30
Its the climate we are living in just now.
This year my company has been approached for sponsorship from 250 up to 50,000 however in years gone by we could support a lot of these teams/sportsmen/events but nowadays we have to cut back.

The days of sponsoring teams or events to bring in business is gone unfortunately.

Timmy not affected by the economic climate?

Southside_Shug
23-07-2013, 09:32
Maybe you just do not have a viable business/ sponsorship plan?

Elvis Cole
23-07-2013, 09:49
What do you need all this money for?

Iv been following my son for ten years.

At the moment its Finnart in Bridgeton.

They do what every amateur team does.

A wee bit of everything to raise dosh.

Succesful club without huge sums of money.

Phuck Rod Stewart and his hoose.

Tim Hunter
23-07-2013, 10:17
People have to watch if they are associated with anything Rangers ! Ask Bruce Coaches.

This message will have been received loud and clear.
First we are demonised, then excluded, now being intimidated.
The final solution cannot be far away.

pdee
23-07-2013, 11:02
3 sets of home strips 3 sets of away strips 3 teams with track suits and bags,every home game 120 for park and reff it will take about 15000 or more to keep 3 teams at a good level ,

pdee
23-07-2013, 11:07
we have a good sponsor and buisness plan,our aim is too be a junior team in 5 years ,
in the 2 years we have been going,we have took on a under 21 and 19 team.we have win the first division league undefeated ,we have big plans for the wee rangers,
i know most of the buisness men who are rangers minded in blantyre lanarkshire
as i said they dont seen intersted,but the tarriers seem too get all the backing they need.

pollokprod
23-07-2013, 11:08
3 sets of home strips 3 sets of away strips 3 teams with track suits and bags,every home game 120 for park and reff it will take about 15000 or more to keep 3 teams at a good level ,

Your players not pay dues ? 10 a week squad of 18 180 a week times say 40 weeks of the season 7,200 a team.

supergers07
23-07-2013, 11:13
got to be a plan like PollokProd says, otherwise nae chance

Torque87
23-07-2013, 11:16
I can't comment on the sponsor situation, however I wish you all the luck in the world against that mob!

Earl of Leven
23-07-2013, 11:16
Same at every level....our community is terrified to be aligned with our club.

Money stays firmly in pocket at all times.

jdm1873
23-07-2013, 11:17

Does economic climate interfere with the cheque from the DSS:p

Blantyre Celtic have always managed to get money from their regular fund raisers, functions at parkhead etc.

Elvis Cole
23-07-2013, 11:20
Your players not pay dues ? 10 a week squad of 18 180 a week times say 40 weeks of the season 7,200 a team.

My sons been around a tenner a week since he was 8 and hes 18 now.

Plus football cards, race nights and dance tickets.

Its just part of having a son that plays football.

If the OPs team cannot manage maybe he should be having a go at the parents rather than Rangers.

That said they are 21 now. Maybe tell them if they dont want to pay they cannae play.

Thats life eh.

Rankbadyin
23-07-2013, 12:50

Of course they aren't. When you are on a Guaranteed weekly sum from the Government with Crisis Loans for when you are skint it's very easy to budget.

pdee
23-07-2013, 13:23
i have made a comment on blantyre celtic getting sponsors from celtic minded buisness
men too make them a bigger club.
we have raised money through loads of things ,
the point i am making is they seem too look after there own,
we are not in danger of dropping our standards as a club,we are growing and want too
grow even bigger,

woozy
23-07-2013, 13:29
Think about it from the point of view of the people you want money from.

What do they get in return for their cash? Names on a jersey? How much exposure is there? Is it exposure to people interested in their business?

You can't just expect folk to support you because you have the word 'Rangers' in your team name. You have to explain why it's good for the sponsor to be associated.

So far in this thread you haven't done that.

You've moaned that people financially support the team with 'Celtic' in the name but you've already said they have a celebrity behind them, therefore there is national exposure, so it's less surprising they have financial support from people riding the coat tails.

-bigdaz-
23-07-2013, 13:33
have you applied to the lottery? its pretty easy to get grants of them for team sports, all you need is the invoices of the items youve purchased. I t will quite easily cover you for a season

simplysupercooper
23-07-2013, 13:41
"were is all our rangers money men"

Maybe the wealthy Rangers men cannot understand you and think you were educated in a dodgy school ;)

But where are they indeed? Sounds like a good set up that deserves local support.

pdee
23-07-2013, 13:44
woozy the people i want money from are the bears who should think the way i do
support a local proddy team,thats why we started in the first place too ram it up them,
i am not on the site moaning or having a dig at rangers ,
i might think different from other bears but i think we should support each other
and i am allways out too better our cause ,
and i do expect bears too support us because we have the name rangers as it mens alot too me and most bears on this site we are proud to call our selfs blantyre rangers and feel blantyre prods should feel the same

pdee
23-07-2013, 13:45
why would they not under stand me