PDA

View Full Version : How important is “clubisim”?

JellaFella
30-05-2013, 14:42
I was listening to The Anfield Wrap podcast.

Yes, it is Liverpool, they are scouse parody wankers but if, and it is a huge if, you can get past all that it is a pretty decent listen.

They were speaking about aims and goals for next season.

One of which was a “football board” they wanted guys like Hansen, Dalglish involved, not as manager just in ambassadorial roles, advisors friendly faces in the media.

They wanted guys who would “f*ck clubs like Arsenal and Man U away from the park” because they cant beat them in a cash fight so need to win the political war.

Is that where football is now?

Plenty of different models, clubs, ways to go about business.

I am of the belief that we are a club who are, slightly similar to Liverpool, only in minor ways.

A club who have fallen on hard times as a result of the ways of modern football.

Fans who expect more and want more, and “deserve more”, but have seen their club shafted and f*cked by people who simply see it as a cash cow.

Is there any way back for the “old guard” of football clubs? And if so is it that passion, and slight arrogance that stems from the fans, and if so, what is the best way to instil that mentality to those in charge of the club.

We seem to want to shun “Rangers men” I would be happy for their involvement if I thought they had the passion and fire the fans do,

I am not just saying this on the back of the Smith thing, I would happily see other “Rangers men” recruited if I felt they had something to offer, not just ex-players, fans as well.

Is there any way that the fans can cause a shift to make this happen?

kwodman
30-05-2013, 14:48
I misread the header I thought ff had went all cultural I expected a thread about Georges Braque & Pablo picasso

bilkobear
30-05-2013, 14:59
I was listening to The Anfield Wrap podcast.

Yes, it is Liverpool, they are scouse parody wankers but if, and it is a huge if, you can get past all that it is a pretty decent listen.

They were speaking about aims and goals for next season.

One of which was a “football board” they wanted guys like Hansen, Dalglish involved, not as manager just in ambassadorial roles, advisors friendly faces in the media.

They wanted guys who would “f*ck clubs like Arsenal and Man U away from the park” because they cant beat them in a cash fight so need to win the political war.

Is that where football is now?

Plenty of different models, clubs, ways to go about business.

I am of the belief that we are a club who are, slightly similar to Liverpool, only in minor ways.

A club who have fallen on hard times as a result of the ways of modern football.

Fans who expect more and want more, and “deserve more”, but have seen their club shafted and f*cked by people who simply see it as a cash cow.

Is there any way back for the “old guard” of football clubs? And if so is it that passion, and slight arrogance that stems from the fans, and if so, what is the best way to instil that mentality to those in charge of the club.

We seem to want to shun “Rangers men” I would be happy for their involvement if I thought they had the passion and fire the fans do,

I am not just saying this on the back of the Smith thing, I would happily see other “Rangers men” recruited if I felt they had something to offer, not just ex-players, fans as well.

Is there any way that the fans can cause a shift to make this happen?

The model about having a big say off the park, through the media and within the FA or UEFA, in order to gain influence over your competitors can be more difficult to attain in such a large environment as England, but as a model it has worked perfectly in Scotland for Filth FC.
There is no doubt that it is the model they adopted.

In England, a team not competing for such influence is dead in the water, as your competitors who have such influence will always have an edge over you.
Such influence will be marginal but that can sometimes be enough.

In Scotland we aren't subject to a slight edge, we are basically getting clubbed every time we raise a whisper.

Earl of Leven
30-05-2013, 15:45
It is a model popular in Germany and has been adopted by Shame FC as they shamelessly their propaganda to audiences domestic and foreign. They believe in getting in tims to work for tims, and to pander to tims.

We have struggled with this AND with the opposite in fact: decent, talented, low key professionals simply doing a great job.

We've had neither for years.