PDA

View Full Version : Peter lovenkrands tunnel incident vs them 2004

Iain18(7)2
30-05-2013, 01:05
Does anyone remember what allegedly happened in the tunnel in the 2-0 win over Celtic in November 2004 with lovenkrands? Was he assaulted? I remember he said McNamara said he was going to have him in the tunnel after Thomson was sent off for sticking his head in peters face

jamieging
30-05-2013, 01:27
Did one of there mob not punch him?

Empire
30-05-2013, 01:32
Someone punched him and then another tired to do him in the tunnel.

A few of our squad jumped in but the club - like they always did back then - decided to forget about it and not report it. McLeish then subbed him at HT with a "dead leg"

Garrowhill_bear
30-05-2013, 06:58
Sutton and lennon basically acting like thugs that day! Chasing him down tunnel and throwing punches at PL!

Elvis Cole
30-05-2013, 08:14
Sutton and lennon basically acting like thugs that day! Chasing him down tunnel and throwing punches at PL!

While i have zero time for thompson, sutton or lennon lovenkrands behaviour that day was laffertyesque. I would have wanted a word with him as well.

Gerdownthere
30-05-2013, 08:20
While i have zero time for thompson, sutton or lennon lovenkrands behaviour that day was laffertyesque. I would have wanted a word with him as well.

bigger issue was that ugly little cu.t lennon throwing his weight around and, as usual, getting away with it.

53easy
30-05-2013, 08:21

You could just shouted well done Peter like the rest of the 45k

jdm1873
30-05-2013, 09:18
Whilst lovenkrands was in the wrong, the behaviour of the beggars that day was shocking.

Considering the hassle to come out of the Lennon/McCoist incident. Three or four of the beggars should have been arrested.

Keyser_Soze
30-05-2013, 09:18
Abiding memory of that day was Chris Sutton chucking the towel in with a deliberate handball.

gfordloyal
30-05-2013, 09:36
Magnificent day, part 2 of the November hoop humbling.

Although we won came out feeling we really should have destroyed them by 5 or 6.

IIRC was this the game when Kamara kicked someone down by the west enclosure, guessing Vignal given the position, on the deck and got away with it?

Atmosphere was poisonous that day. I enjoyed it. That whole team made my blood boil.

francais1776
30-05-2013, 09:42
Jackie McNamara was seen on camera before a corner saying he was going to break PL's legs.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 09:47
Jackie McNamara was seen on camera before a corner saying he was going to break PL's legs.

Correct. Down at the Broomloan end in the first half not long after Chimpson was sent off.

babaji
30-05-2013, 09:48

How about lennonesque v Inverness;)

LJ50
30-05-2013, 09:49
Abiding memory of that day was Chris Sutton chucking the towel in with a deliberate handball.
Funnily enough, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread.

Never really seen anything like that in a derby match. He spent the whole of the second half barely moving, then the clear, obvious deliberate red and trudged off the pitch looking satisfied that he was finished with the game. Bizarre display.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 09:52

Never really seen anything like that in a derby match. He spent the whole of the second half barely moving, then the clear, obvious deliberate red and trudged off the pitch looking satisfied that he was finished with the game. Bizarre display.

Didn't he handle the ball twice in that incident ?

craigie
30-05-2013, 09:58
Magnificent day, part 2 of the November hoop humbling.

Although we won came out feeling we really should have destroyed them by 5 or 6.

IIRC was this the game when Kamara kicked someone down by the west enclosure, guessing Vignal given the position, on the deck and got away with it?

Atmosphere was poisonous that day. I enjoyed it. That whole team made my blood boil.

He kicked out at Vignal just before half time. Despite the incident being right in front of the Assistant he was not shown any card.

He was however retrospectively banned for the incident. Novo was also banned after for a flick at McNamara (I think).

25/10

craigie
30-05-2013, 09:59
Didn't he handle the ball twice in that incident ?

Not sure if he handled it twice in the one incident or got away with another hand ball just before.

25/10

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 10:02
He kicked out at Vignal just before half time. Despite the incident being right in front of the Assistant he was not shown any card.

He was however retrospectively banned for the incident. Novo was also banned after for a flick at McNamara (I think).

25/10

Pearson.

Even though Pearson said the contact was accidental.

Empire
30-05-2013, 10:13
Bob Malcolm got a lecture from the polis that day as well.

sandbear
30-05-2013, 10:24
Didnt Rab Douglas take a swing at a Rangers player also, or is this the same incident.

BFerguson06
30-05-2013, 10:26
Clear Headbutt on pl that day c.unts. How Lennon stayed on park that day I will never know

giopeople
30-05-2013, 10:44
Have to say what Lovenkrands did to get Thompson sent off was one if the funniest things of all time. They were only annoyed we did it first before they did to us. I'm sure we don't want to see Rangers players doing that regularly but against them you have to fight fire with fire.

53easy
30-05-2013, 10:47
Anyone feeling sorry for the chimp c,unt should be banned from Ibrox..

I still remember him running to Ricksen after Sutton scored in the last minute acting the hardman.

WATP1979
30-05-2013, 10:47
are there any youtube links to this game??

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 10:51
Didnt Rab Douglas take a swing at a Rangers player also, or is this the same incident.

Douglas supposedly punched Moore in the tunnel at Parkhead in the 3-3 draw in 2002.

Funnily enough, Moore was also replaced at half time that day as well.

coletrueblue
30-05-2013, 10:52
Does anyone remember what allegedly happened in the tunnel in the 2-0 win over Celtic in November 2004 with lovenkrands? Was he assaulted? I remember he said McNamara said he was going to have him in the tunnel after Thomson was sent off for sticking his head in peters face

Peter took abuse constantly from Thompson through old firm games and in nite clubs in the city centre so this was just a bit of pay back.. Peter was attacked in tunnel by Sutton and McNamara couple others and bob Malcolm jumped in and they screamed play him in 2nd half and we breaking his legs. Mccliesh took him off..

Bill_McCai
30-05-2013, 10:58
They lost the plot more that day that they did in May '99 I thought.

A disgusting display of brutality & indiscipline.

Gerdownthere
30-05-2013, 11:00
Peter took abuse constantly from Thompson through old firm games and in nite clubs in the city centre so this was just a bit of pay back.. Peter was attacked in tunnel by Sutton and McNamara couple others and bob Malcolm jumped in and they screamed play him in 2nd half and we breaking his legs. Mccliesh took him off..

if theres any truth in that whatsoever i would be gutted as Big Alex is someone i admire greatly.

eck2104
30-05-2013, 11:00

25/10

U mean when Pearson stuck the Neck on Novo's Foot?

munkoomccoist
30-05-2013, 11:04
The likes of Lennon and Thompson losing the plot because they were being physically bossed and outplayed by Hamed Namouchi. Alex Rae also turned in a superb performance and Boumsong had the cigars out.

Henri Camara should have been off after he tried to volley Vignal.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 11:06
They lost the plot more that day that they did in May '99 I thought.

A disgusting display of brutality & indiscipline.

Topped off when O'Neill grabbed Lennon in a headlock and marched him up to the Broomloan Rd Stand as some sort of conquering hero after the final whistle.

The_Gub
30-05-2013, 11:12

No, Douglas whacked Moore in the tunnel at the scum hut in Oct 2002 (3-3) with television cameras capturing the moment.

NO action was taken against him and that fat slag Derek Johnstone told us to let it go. It was one of those things that happen in the heat of the moment.

The_Gub
30-05-2013, 11:12
The likes of Lennon and Thompson losing the plot because they were being physically bossed and outplayed by Hamed Namouchi. Alex Rae also turned in a superb performance and Boumsong had the cigars out.

Henri Camara should have been off after he tried to volley Vignal.

Right in front of the linesman.

isawthat
30-05-2013, 11:18

There was a magnificent clip of a female fan giving Thompson his marching orders, anyone else remember this:p

GBOY
30-05-2013, 11:28
Douglas supposedly punched Moore in the tunnel at Parkhead in the 3-3 draw in 2002.

Funnily enough, Moore was also replaced at half time that day as well.

IIRC Moore was carrying an injury on the day of that game. That's how the alien managed to turn and score for their first one. A fit Moore wouldn't have given him the space.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 11:38
No, Douglas whacked Moore in the tunnel at the scum hut in Oct 2002 (3-3) with television cameras capturing the moment.

NO action was taken against him and that fat slag Derek Johnstone told us to let it go. It was one of those things that happen in the heat of the moment.

Simply would not have happened under Souness' watch.

Remember in McCoist's book he talks about an incident in the tunnel against Hearts during Johnston's first season(Doddie makes a dig at Johnston and all hell breaks loose)which results in everyone piling in and Souness telling the players if he finds out anyone was NOT involved then they would be fined :D

Pollok-Loyal
30-05-2013, 11:41
There was a magnificent clip of a female fan giving Thompson his marching orders, anyone else remember this:p

Aye mate, remember playing it over and over again PMSL.:D

Bill_McCai
30-05-2013, 11:46
Topped off when O'Neill grabbed Lennon in a headlock and marched him up to the Broomloan Rd Stand as some sort of conquering hero after the final whistle.

Amazing to think that O'Squeal still has a reputation of sorts as any kind of manager.

Bowery Boys
30-05-2013, 11:48
The atmosphere was poisonous that day.

They lost the plot and their behaviour on and off the pitch was hideous. It was around this time the relations between both clubs began to get nasty. Martin O'Neill set the game back 20 years.

McNamara motioned to Lovenkrands that he was going to break his legs and wasn't punished for it. Talk about bringing the game into disrepute!

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 12:00
The atmosphere was poisonous that day.

They lost the plot and their behaviour on and off the pitch was hideous. It was around this time the relations between both clubs began to get nasty. Martin O'Neill set the game back 20 years.

McNamara motioned to Lovenkrands that he was going to break his legs and wasn't punished for it. Talk about bringing the game into disrepute!

The worst of it was O'Neill deflecting all the blame onto us by claiming Lennon was racially abused for 90 minutes and the likes of Queersie buying it hook, line and sinker.

kb thornliebank
30-05-2013, 12:01
Lovenkrands was systematically targeted by O'Neill's thugs in several games. As well as those incidents already mentioned there was Lambert stepping on his Achilles tendon off the ball and Balde grabbing him in a headlock also off the ball. This was a back-handed tribute to his effectiveness against them.
He was vilified by the media for the Thompson incident (as was Lafferty over Mulgrew) by the same people who saw nothing amiss about TLB's play acting at Pittodrie or, further back, John McStay's Oscar winner in the Duncan Ferguson incident.
Hypocrisy, or bigotry?
Both, really.

modfella
30-05-2013, 12:04

It has always bothered me that this incident was swept under the carpet by everyone and I include us in this , if one of our players had done anything similar the filth and press would have been all over it.

Pollok-Loyal
30-05-2013, 12:05
The worst of it was O'Neill deflecting all the blame onto us by claiming Lennon was racially abused for 90 minutes and the likes of Queersie buying it hook, line and sinker.

O'Neill was crying after it saying how terrible it was and it was getting louder and louder until it reached a creschendo.

Yes for what seemed like the last 15 mins the 3 sides of Ibrox were chanting Lennon Lennon whats the score.:D

cocosbloke
30-05-2013, 12:25
While the contact was minimal.it was still a red card offence

Big dunc got jailed for the same act

Van Klinkerhoffen
30-05-2013, 12:33
Probably one of the best league games against the fhilth i have been attended! They knew that they were not going to get it easy that season and totally lost the place! The behaviour of Lemon,Chimpson,Mutton,Manknamara and O'Squeel makes my blood boil to this day!:mad:

PunkScott
30-05-2013, 12:33
Any video footage?

colinwest
30-05-2013, 13:04
IIRC Moore was carrying an injury on the day of that game. That's how the alien managed to turn and score for their first one. A fit Moore wouldn't have given him the space.

It was Amoruso he turned

daven37
30-05-2013, 13:09
Lovenkrands was systematically targeted by O'Neill's thugs in several games. As well as those incidents already mentioned there was Lambert stepping on his Achilles tendon off the ball and Balde grabbing him in a headlock also off the ball. This was a back-handed tribute to his effectiveness against them.
He was vilified by the media for the Thompson incident (as was Lafferty over Mulgrew) by the same people who saw nothing amiss about TLB's play acting at Pittodrie or, further back, John McStay's Oscar winner in the Duncan Ferguson incident.
Hypocrisy, or bigotry?
Both, really.

Never done them any good did it. Lovenkrands regularly ripped the pish out of them

madride
30-05-2013, 13:14

It was literally right in front of him he couldn't have been any closer. He was already on a yellow for shoving Alex Rae on the back of the head before half time.

The linesman chose to ignore the kick to save him getting sent off it was cheating plain and simple. A disgraceful decision

rangerstillidie
30-05-2013, 13:26
I thought the general feeling at the time was that no one from ourside backed up Lovenkrands and he had taken a beating.

Says it all about them, snakes.

Bearwood Bear
30-05-2013, 13:39

Very, very important.

A turning point, in fact.

From this moment on Sellik and their apologists have played the 'racism' card, deliberately turning up the heat in a sectarian tribal conflict because they thought they could gain an advantage from it on and off the pitch.

And TBF to them, they have exploited that lie and wrung every available ounce out if it.

Lennon's behaviour, being arested in Newcastle, intimidation of a woman, spitting on a Rangers scarf, calling Rangers players and fans 'orange bastards' etc etc has simply been pushed aside in favour of the narrative where we are 'racists' because, er, umm, we don't like him.

That 'racism', incidentally, consisted of Rangers fans singing 'Lennon, Lennon, what's the score?' and 'Neil Lennon, you're a wanker'.

Southside_Shug
30-05-2013, 13:43

Yet did so from the safety of a CL news conference in Barcelona.....

gboigloyalist
30-05-2013, 13:47
Did wee cheeky jackie mac not make the leg breaking gesture at loverkrands?

InsanicDrunk
30-05-2013, 13:47

25/10

Iirc he got away with it even after the match.novo was fined even though pearson said it was an accident..

Rabenutam
30-05-2013, 14:15

Yes, it made me realise what an arse O'Neil was. I thought when a saw the photo in newspaper the next day, with O'Neil hugging Lennon, the caption should have read ' This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased ' . ;) Both scumbags .:D

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-05-2013, 14:16
Iirc he got away with it even after the match.novo was fined even though pearson said it was an accident..

Camara got a one match ban as well.

standardbarger
30-05-2013, 14:23
I dunno what that ugly faced get lennon was goin on about does he have brain freeze on what happened with his swan dive to get a man sent off i think it was against i.c.t if my memory serves me well it was Jose Quitongo.

malcolmfg1
30-05-2013, 14:28
I dunno what that ugly faced get lennon was goin on about does he have brain freeze on what happened with his swan dive to get a man sent off i think it was against i.c.t if my memory serves me well it was Jose Quitongo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaroUy-PSo it is on the boy juanjo

thomyorke_legend1
30-05-2013, 14:32
That was some game and the moment we realised we could go on and win the title.

When Martin O'Neill came in he signed a team of big, aggressive players who bullied their way to the first couple of league trophies. We were the team playing attractive football, but in 2004/05 we adopted their tactics a lot more to compete (we had been humiliated the season before), and this game was the result of us no longer letting them take the piss, and we got right under their skin!

Lovenkrands antics were embarrasing, but I didn't care that day.

Bowery Boys
30-05-2013, 14:35

When Martin O'Neill came in he signed a team of big, aggressive players who bullied their way to the first couple of league trophies. We were the team playing attractive football, but in 2004/05 we adopted their tactics a lot more to compete (we had been humiliated the season before), and this game was the result of us no longer letting them take the piss, and we got right under their skin!

I don't think they were.

Thompson the bully only had himself to blame.

standardbarger
30-05-2013, 14:36
Why do we always say we are embarresed if one of our players do that the mhanky mob never say that.

scooter70
30-05-2013, 14:47
Was this not the same game when Lennon spat at a fans scarf as we were about to take a corner in front of the Copland stand?

Or am I finally losing the plot!

Bowery Boys
30-05-2013, 14:48
Was this not the same game when Lennon spat at a fans scarf as we were about to take a corner in front of the Copland stand?

Or am I finally losing the plot!

It was indeed.

He was caught mouthing 'you're f*ckin cheats, Dirty Orange bastards' at the Rangers bench too.

rangersno.1
30-05-2013, 14:52
Any videos kicking about?.

scooter70
30-05-2013, 14:54
It was indeed.

He was caught mouthing 'you're f*ckin cheats, Dirty Orange bastards' at the Rangers bench too.

Thought so, I took some customers to the game and was in the main stand

Mental game in which, as its been pointed out, they completely lost the plot

WATP1979
30-05-2013, 14:54
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x71n0_rangers-v-celtic-fights-part-1_news#.UadYr5G9KK0

Watch this for the antics mentioned

The_Gub
30-05-2013, 14:57
Very, very important.

A turning point, in fact.

From this moment on Sellik and their apologists have played the 'racism' card, deliberately turning up the heat in a sectarian tribal conflict because they thought they could gain an advantage from it on and off the pitch.

And TBF to them, they have exploited that lie and wrung every available ounce out if it.

Lennon's behaviour, being arested in Newcastle, intimidation of a woman, spitting on a Rangers scarf, calling Rangers players and fans 'orange bastards' etc etc has simply been pushed aside in favour of the narrative where we are 'racists' because, er, umm, we don't like him.

That 'racism', incidentally, consisted of Rangers fans singing 'Lennon, Lennon, what's the score?' and 'Neil Lennon, you're a wanker'.

Didn't queersy butt in and then laughed it off as 'racialism', when he was caught bang to rights?

JellaFella
30-05-2013, 14:58
The 3-1 game (Prso, great goal, better photo).

The antics of them, and HIM especially were hilarious.

Still the most one sided 3-1 you will see, should have been about 6 or 7 -0.

craigie
30-05-2013, 15:00

Lovenkrands did make the most of it but given Chimpson ran 30 yards to square up to him then there he only had himself to blame.

25/10

JellaFella
30-05-2013, 15:01
How many times was Thompson sent off at Ibrox, 3?

rangersno.1
30-05-2013, 15:02
Lennon is a horrible little **** makes the blood boil:mad:

Gio Van Bronckhorst
30-05-2013, 15:05
Never done them any good did it. Lovenkrands regularly ripped the pish out of them

Not when they put Agathe on him, the minute O'Neill moved them to a flat back 4 Lovenkrands didn't do a thing in another OF game.

Although the sight of Tom Boyd trying to keep up with him in the last OF league game of the 01/02 is hillarious :D

craigie
30-05-2013, 15:09

I think he is the only player to be sent off 3 times in Rangers v Penn State games and, as you say, all were at Ibrox.

25/100

Gio Van Bronckhorst
30-05-2013, 15:18
I think he is the only player to be sent off 3 times in Rangers v Penn State games and, as you say, all were at Ibrox.

25/100

Chimpson was always a great bet for any time goal scorer & to be sent off :ninja:

eck2104
30-05-2013, 15:20

Sent off 5-1

This Game

and 3-1 Chesneys first game

scooter70
30-05-2013, 15:22
Chimpson was always a great bet for any time goal scorer & to be sent off :ninja:

You actually backed him to score anytime in Rangers / Celtic game??

Gio Van Bronckhorst
30-05-2013, 15:29
You actually backed him to score anytime in Rangers / Celtic game??

It was sarcasm que the smiley?

stayfor90mins
30-05-2013, 15:29
Clear Headbutt on pl that day c.unts. How Lennon stayed on park that day I will never know

"I did my best to keep him on the pitch" was the quote from Stuart Dougal after the match..., he was still untouchable back then

scooter70
30-05-2013, 15:30
It was sarcasm que the smiley?

Thank **** :D

90minsofmadness
30-05-2013, 15:45
Here for the highlights :mad:

Gio Van Bronckhorst
30-05-2013, 15:48
Thank **** :D

Wouldn't have been a bad bet if you were willing to make it though :D

toadegree
30-05-2013, 15:50
McNamara couldn't break a chocolate bar on his own. :roll:

The_Gub
30-05-2013, 15:56
Sent off 5-1

This Game

and 3-1 Chesneys first game

Which makes you ask what or who was the conduit, the catalyst for the chimp's behaviour and the statement from Sutton and the behaviour from Mr Thin and grey down at Villa during various OF games, and then not?

Gio Van Bronckhorst
30-05-2013, 16:13
Which makes you ask what or who was the conduit, the catalyst for the chimp's behaviour and the statement from Sutton and the behaviour from Mr Thin and grey down at Villa during various OF games, and then not?

The last one in 2005 it was still 0-0 when he was sent off?

Off topic but that day is the hottest I have ever seen Glasgow.

barneybear
30-05-2013, 18:42
Hypocrisy, or bigotry?
Both, really.

Thomson ran, if I remember correctly, about twenty yards to confront PL. The incident had nothing to do with Thomson, he should have stayed where he was. He went right in PL's face. PL, not being the bravest man on the planet, while confronted with a thug, took avoiding action and feigned injury to get him out of the sutuation. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, he thought he was gonna get battered. Thomson face was twisted and tortured, and he was NOT gonna give PL some sweeties!
Thomsons face was even better when he saw the red card coming out, and of course the media, as usual, blamed PL not Thomson.

superally54
30-05-2013, 19:11
When you look back at it, it was a mental game.

People quite rightly talk about Sutton bizarrely chucking it but I thought tlb chucked it too.

He spent the last 20 minutes of the game practically begging the ref to red card him with his constant fouling and arguing.

I still can't believe a bigger fuss wasn't made about his bigoted outbust.

PalefaceRedskin03
30-05-2013, 19:13

Boumsong for all his later troubles was just too quick and too good for him. He couldn't handle it and worked his ticket off the field. Pretty shameful until you consider the outfit he was representing.

turrabear
30-05-2013, 19:16
"I did my best to keep him on the pitch" was the quote from Stuart Dougal after the match..., he was still untouchable back then

ten years later there still doing their best to keep him on the pitch.

Spyro
30-05-2013, 19:19

The difference:

Lafferty and Mulgrew went toe to toe and put their heads up to one another, and Lafferty did a bit of a shamefull fake.

Whether Lovenkrands faked it or not Thompson was being a thug and walked up to him accusing him of a foul that he hadn't done and then tapped him in the face with his head. Thompson was acting like a thug trying to intimidate our players and he paid the price, for the risk he took.

Two completely different situations.

From my memory Lovenkrands came back on after being treated for "injury" and was subbed off shortly afterwards. I remember the mutants acting like pricks in the tunnel but not much else, it's not exactly isolated as they used to behave that way whenever they lost against us.

Spyro
30-05-2013, 19:27

Have you seen my baseball?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40547000/jpg/_40547267_oneillfinishedsns.jpg

Spyro
30-05-2013, 19:29

Who signalled to Vignal, who had just been studded in the bottom of his shin, to get up.

"We can't send any more of them off, it will cause a riot" Stunk of it.

vitrification
30-05-2013, 19:40

Agreed. Against them. Well done son!