PDA

View Full Version : Leggo : Wed 4th April : What's Behind SPL's £500,000 Cash Claiim To Rangers

cambridgeblue
03-04-2013, 09:33
http://davidleggat-leggoland.blogspot.co.uk/

"HANDS up anyone who believes the Scottish Premier League’s attempt to squeeze £500,000 out of Rangers to pay the Lord Nimmo Smith Tribunal and Celtic’s lawyers, Harper MacLeod, may well yet turn out to appear to be blackmail?......................."

Ubik
03-04-2013, 09:37
i hope he is correct and green tells them to fook off

Aggieblue
03-04-2013, 09:38
Poor deluded fools! We pay one penny towards this and I'm done, enough is enough, I will walk away.

Witney Devil
03-04-2013, 09:39
We simply can't give into them. We'll earn our position back at the top and owe nothing to anyone.

The_Gub
03-04-2013, 09:44
i hope he is correct and green tells them to fook off

I want Green to tell them to feck off in public and make it crystal clear to the Rangers support that we won't be pqaying one penny to this shower of shysters.

Mr Hankey at Ibrox was bad enough, but this takes us off the map.

weetam3106
03-04-2013, 09:46
Yes predictably, they want us in spl2 but they think that they have the whip hand over us and demand an entrance fee of £500,000. I think they do not understand that it is we who are in a position of strength, without the blue pound and the backing of RFC they have no viable business model. There will be no attraction for sponsorship, tv deals and no competitive interest. Moreover, with no RFC in the SPL arena other financially embattled clubs will surely crumble over the fiscal abyss.

Dunfermline are teetering, Hearts are about to expire and with Kilmarnock and Motherwell looking down the back of the sofa for scheckles the whole house of cards could easily come a-crumbling.

We should stand firm. They surely cannot justify sending us the bill for their own internal inquiry. They are dying and this is the death rattle of a corrupt organisation.

bigmalc
03-04-2013, 09:49
If Rangers agree to pay these crooked bastards I am finished.

tkmcg
03-04-2013, 09:57
Poor deluded fools! We pay one penny towards this and I'm done, enough is enough, I will walk away.

I am beginning to feel a bit like that myself we started this season full of optimism working our way up through the leagues and all that but they keep putting barriers in our way and i feel we are just rolling over and taking it up the a**e, we can only imagine what state these scumbags would be in if they had managed to put us completely out of the game like they wanted.

boabyloyal
03-04-2013, 10:00
will it come down to in what capacity the rfff lawyer james mure was at the hearing, was it as a participant or as an observer and who he was actually representing.

Hammerinho
03-04-2013, 10:01
Should this be true and Charles Greem caves in he'll not get another penny from me.

devilman
03-04-2013, 10:01
This is one where Green does very much need to take a stand and tell them to do one. Not one penny should be given to them for this. If anything Green should be considering some kind of action against them.

What a cheek to ask us for money for something that they kicked off, they insisted on and they forced through.

No person in their right mind would consider this a reasonable request.

Deco1
03-04-2013, 10:03
I want Green to tell them to feck off in public and make it crystal clear to the Rangers support that we won't be pqaying one penny to this shower of shysters.

^^^^^^ This

GazzaNumber8
03-04-2013, 10:09
Bearing in mind its season ticket renewal time soon , Charles HAS to tell them to F*ck Off or he'll be seeing alot of empty seats next season .

Not one penny Charles.

Grandmaster_Suck
03-04-2013, 10:09
will it come down to in what capacity the rfff lawyer james mure was at the hearing, was it as a participant or as an observer and who he was actually representing.

Mure is a QC. He saved the 54 titles.

exilebear
03-04-2013, 10:10
I have a feeling if Green makes a stand and tells them where to go, expose some more details about Doncaster and McKenzie, then he wont have an issue about selling STs for next season.

toadegree
03-04-2013, 10:18
I would rather remain in the bottom league, in what ever form it takes, than submit to these Rangers hating bastards. Give them not one penny and expose them for what they are.

boabyloyal
03-04-2013, 10:19

i am not disputing what he done, who was he representing and who paid him, green stated we would have no truck with the nimmo-smith hearing, if we have stuck to what green stated how can they possibly bill us.

Jose Calypso
03-04-2013, 10:19
I started a thread last night suggesting they would use it as a bribe. Thread was chopped for some reason?

Grandmaster_Suck
03-04-2013, 10:20
i am not disputing what he done, who was he representing and who paid him, green stated we would have no truck with the nimmo-smith hearing, if we have stuck to what green stated how can they possibly bill us.

He represented Oldco.

Grandmaster_Suck
03-04-2013, 10:22
I started a thread last night suggesting they would use it as a bribe. Thread was chopped for some reason?

Still there - http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=948236

frankieboy
03-04-2013, 10:24
Now is the time to grow a set and tell them to f*** off.

Jose Calypso
03-04-2013, 10:28
Still there - http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=948236

Must be my phone, when I tried to post it said invalid thread. I was thinking leggo stole my theory and got my thread chopped :angel:

EK
03-04-2013, 10:28
charlie boy this is it,what you have been waiting for,you must come public on this and tell them where to stick it.

boabyloyal
03-04-2013, 10:31
He represented Oldco.

thanks for that, we can take it that the official spl press release where they claim he represented us on the 31st of january 2013 is indeed an error ?

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=12043&back=home

isawthat
03-04-2013, 10:35
If Rangers agree to pay these crooked bastards I am finished.

I will go further.

If Rangers agree to pay this bill, or, if Rangers agree to join the SPL2, I will walk away.

Over to you Charles, you k kw what's expected of you.

Grandmaster_Suck
03-04-2013, 10:36
thanks for that, we can take it that the official spl press release where they claim he represented us on the 31st of january 2013 is indeed an error ?

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=12043&back=home

I can't be definitive as i dont have my notes in front of me but the SPL sent the charges to oldco, newco and RFC in letters addressed to Ibrox Stadium. So they may simply have deemed him to be representing RFc too.

dooman42
03-04-2013, 10:37
Mr green you must tell these muppets to get to feck they wont be getting a penny of Rangers

boabyloyal
03-04-2013, 10:39
I can't be definitive as i dont have my notes in front of me but the SPL sent the charges to oldco, newco and RFC in letters addressed to Ibrox Stadium. So they may simply have deemed him to be representing RFc too.

thanks gs, i really think this is something that the club should be addressing very publicly, it is time for traynor to go on the offensive rather than wait and see how matters pan out.

theElder
03-04-2013, 10:40
I have a feeling if Green makes a stand and tells them where to go, expose some more details about Doncaster and McKenzie, then he wont have an issue about selling STs for next season.

This is a certainty! We will never spend another Blue penny towards Scottish Football (inc. my club) if these corrupt morons receive any contribution to THIER legal expenses.

200000 Heroes
03-04-2013, 10:51

The Rangers statement on the alleged SPL legal bill (resulting from their attempt to strip us of our earned on the pitch honours) was nothing like tough enough.

It should have read:

"If you think we are going to pay this bill, you are more stupid than you look, Donkeycaster. See you in court"

rossyboy1873
03-04-2013, 10:54
Surely we as fans must now get a very clear message to green that we will not accept him paying a penny towards this farce or take any part in any format of spl.

Can we expect an rst statement being released soon?

loyalblueman
03-04-2013, 10:56
If this mhob succeed in blackmailing MY CLUB, then no other club in the SPL or SFL will get a penny of my Blue Pounds, and I will not buy a season ticket again. For me it will be PAYG at Ibrox only.
CG needs to know the support will draw a line in the sand over this continued drip drip of attempts of getting our club to pay for all their incompetence and desire to see us bleed at every turn , whilst still wanting the Rangers support to subsidise all their failings.
Scottish football is ****ed without us, and our cash.
All this "move on" is over, now is once again our time to make a stand.
I want us to be recognised for our progress up the leagues and do not want to have to go through another season of the same as last, but equally I do not wish to be associated with the corrupt and busted flush that is the SPL.

calvinist
03-04-2013, 10:57
http://i.imgur.com/6JSNzhs.png

bigkahunarab
03-04-2013, 11:04
Oh well Chuck, you hold the aces. Stand your ground.

Papatango
03-04-2013, 11:04

Is that not over stating it a little?

The written findings made it clear that Rangers did not field any intelligible players and that McKenzies interpretation of the rules was flawed. McKenzie conceded this at the hearing did he not?

What is not clear is who pointed out the correct interpretation of the rules.

Was it the panel themselves in questioning McKenzie or was it argued succesfully by the QC?

since1954
03-04-2013, 11:06
I agree with most posters pay anything to this crowd and the ba is on the slates.
(I am a season ticket holder who renewed last year (even although I knew that due to ill-health in the family I could not attend) and fully expected to do the same this year, however enough is enough, any backsliding and they can say goodbye to my money.)

Del
03-04-2013, 11:09
Is that not over stating it a little?

The written findings made it clear that Rangers did not field any intelligible players and that McKenzies interpretation of the rules was flawed. McKenzie conceded this at the hearing did he not?

What is not clear is who pointed out the correct interpretation of the rules.

Was it the panel themselves in questioning McKenzie or was it argued successfully by the QC?

I would suspect Mure but cannot be sure.

Was there not a feeling as soon as the hearing finished a day earlier than expected where the word on the grapevine was that Rangers had won this and at worst we would see us done on minor admin errors.

That info could only have come from Mure, still not conclusive if it was him or LNS who discovered the error.

Almost exactly as the final report delivered.

clubdeckcharlie
03-04-2013, 11:14
It is interesting to note the change in events from an era, not so long ago, when Green was described by Leggo as a 'snake oil salesman' to being his unofficial mouthpiece.

lastoutpost
03-04-2013, 11:51
The Rangers statement on the alleged SPL legal bill (resulting from their attempt to strip us of our earned on the pitch honours) was nothing like tough enough.

It should have read:

"If you think we are going to pay this bill, you are more stupid than you look, Donkeycaster. See you in court"

It should have read "go and get f ucked ya bunch of ****s"

dubailoyal
03-04-2013, 11:55

Hopefully this is the case;)

mayfairblue2
03-04-2013, 12:01
I will go further.

If Rangers agree to pay this bill, or, if Rangers agree to join the SPL2, I will walk away.

Over to you Charles, you k kw what's expected of you.

You will not be alone.

ozbluenose
03-04-2013, 12:03
Surely we hold the key to Scottish football ,we should be on the front foot and dictating what we will and will not be doing.
We have been kicked from pillar to post enough,we need to be telling the rotten to the core spl/sfa to do one.

dylanholly
03-04-2013, 12:23
Charlie, if you are looking in, I was one of the season ticket holders who did not renew this summer (after 17 years) due to not knowing enough about our new owners.

Tell you what. Keep to your promise of not entertaining these SPL pirates. Let us rise through and I will gladly renew along with my son.

Submit and I am defo out!!

turrabear
03-04-2013, 12:33
i was n't going to renew my saeson ticket last year mainly due to work commitments but i did anyway even thought i've only manged to attend about half the games this season . but if rangers pay this fine then i won't renew again . i'll jsut pay a game at a time.

Peoples poet
03-04-2013, 12:39

I agree with this 100%

jimbear
03-04-2013, 12:49

It is time for Green to make a public statement on this. Where did Harper McLeod's rationale for sending us a bill come from? As far as I am aware the LNS tribunal was an SPL led matter and had nothing to do with our SFA licence. As a shareholder I want to know why we have been asked for payment. I am also very curious about how the Chief Executive of the SPL could state that he didn't know about the invoice.

furryfeet1690
03-04-2013, 12:53
It is interesting to note the change in events from an era, not so long ago, when Green was described by Leggo as a 'snake oil salesman' to being his unofficial mouthpiece.

He done the very same thing with Craig Shyte. In fact he did a complete 360, Bad Guy, Good Guy, Bad Guy.

boabyloyal
03-04-2013, 12:56
the official panel ruling.

The commission statement said: "Although the payments in this case were not themselves irregular and were not in breach of SPL or SFA rules, the scale and extent of the proven contraventions of the disclosure rules require a substantial penalty to be imposed.

"Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of the SPL rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed on Rangers."

The commision confirmed its earlier decision that newco Rangers could not be held responsible for any breach of rules by the oldco. They added: "In all the circumstances the commission has imposed a fine of £250,000 on Oldco."

Rankrotten
03-04-2013, 13:05
Neil Doncaster-Peter Lawwell-SPL Axis repeat Neil Doncaster-Peter Lawwell-SPL Axis repest Neil Doncaster-Peter Lawwell-SPL Axis, aargh Leggo my head.

jackdaniels78
03-04-2013, 13:05
If this is the case Green should gather evidence and then announce it to the media (Maybe SSN to avoid the other corrupt sources)

There's no way we will agree to this. Scottish football will be on the verge of collapse this summer IMHO

fatboyblue
03-04-2013, 13:47
Green stated from the outset that this tribunal had nothing to do with the club and therefore the club would have no representation at the tribunal.

Any "costs" that the SPL wish to levy would be against the old company and would go into the pot with the rest of the debt.

Any deduction from the prize money won for last season would see the SPL getting paid in full while other creditors would be getting pence in the pound. I would imagine that this would contravene the law.

Charles Green has no legal obligation to pay this bill and the SPL know this. So why send it? It is obviously another tool with which to blackmail Rangers at a future date.

IMO Charles Green should hand over the letter to the police along with a complaint against the SPL / Harper Mcleod for extortion.

noucamp72
03-04-2013, 13:48
Charlie Green should have taken the opportunity to question their motives and their positions after the LNS verdict.

I noticed that the corrupt bastards kept their heads down for a wee while after this result......no doubt bracing themselves for the forthcoming onslaught from Rangers.

They must have felt they were impregnable when Rangers said feck all and now they are back on the attack.

"Keeping our powder dry" is not the way to deal with these vindictive bastards.

If Charlie would like to maintain the same level of support next season he has to adopt a more hard line approach to this cancer.

Bluebells Bar, Puerto Del Carmen
03-04-2013, 13:49
If Green believes bribery is going on he should let us know.

In any event he could do with explaining why the SPL are even asking for payment.

Why didn´t he do that in his statement last night?

* obviously the SPL should be explaining but they won´t.

thefatcat
03-04-2013, 14:22
Hows this sound for a scenario.

SPL seek £500k from oldco - this money can never be retrieved from them - Correct?

However SFA/SPL have retained prize money from Oldco and if i recall some transfer monies also. - Correct?

Wouldnt it just be set up nicely for them to "keep" some of those retained monies under the guise of paying this £500K. Also if there is any surplus watch for this being shared among other clubs.

They have got this money pretty much tied up as they will make a quite clear distinction between Rangers then and Rangers now. If we challenge that particular aspect SFA/SPL will say we are therefore liable for paying the £500k.

Regardless what way they play it they continue to try shaft us through any potential avenue.

Blags
03-04-2013, 14:46

SPL seek £500k from oldco - this money can never be retrieved from them - Correct?

However SFA/SPL have retained prize money from Oldco and if i recall some transfer monies also. - Correct?

Wouldnt it just be set up nicely for them to "keep" some of those retained monies under the guise of paying this £500K. Also if there is any surplus watch for this being shared among other clubs.

They have got this money pretty much tied up as they will make a quite clear distinction between Rangers then and Rangers now. If we challenge that particular aspect SFA/SPL will say we are therefore liable for paying the £500k.

Regardless what way they play it they continue to try shaft us through any potential avenue.

In the same vein it also means ALL the prize monies / transfer monies etc are due to be paid to BDO for sharing equally amongst all creditors from the oldco.

Wish BDO would go after them for this money, they would fold immediately IMHO.

Positively Blue
03-04-2013, 14:47

Not only us, the rest of the Rangers haters will do the same!!!:eek:

How thick are these feckin idiots?

There's no one going to their games as it is, so they think by pissing EVERYONE off this will get the crowds back?:blink:

Unbelievable if true, but not surprising with this corrupt bunch of pricks.

Dorian Blue
03-04-2013, 14:52
Don't do it Rangers. Work our way back.

Mk1bear
03-04-2013, 15:26
Did the spl send the bill or was it harper McLeod?

The Big Cheese
03-04-2013, 15:52
Get the banner ready for Sunday.

"Not one penny to the corrupt SPL"

cw3038
03-04-2013, 16:56
Don't give those c***s one single penny piece!!!!

Keith54
03-04-2013, 17:41
If their attempt at blackmailing us into SPL2 fails, I think they'll threaten to start an 'official' campaign labelling us a new club.

Timmy's wet dream.

covloyalrsc
03-04-2013, 17:59
They have already blackmailed us into Transfer Embargo, fines etc. Now this.
What have they got lying in wait for us if they succeed in bullying us to pay the Kangaroo Court Costs?

Only one way to beat a bully and thats to give them a bloody nose.
Rangers should never be a team to Surrender

jim_baxter1960
03-04-2013, 18:10

How about this for a scenario - BDO demand every penny as they are LEGALLY entitled to it. The SPHell become a creditor but are too late to put in a claim and get f@ck all.

mpayton15277
03-04-2013, 18:25
SPL is corrupt to the core and the SFA should be stepping in and doing something about it. Unfortunately it's the same person who runs them both.

http://pbckt.com/pJ.OAObvI

SDR
03-04-2013, 18:38
Green stated from the outset that this tribunal had nothing to do with the club and therefore the club would have no representation at the tribunal.

Any "costs" that the SPL wish to levy would be against the old company and would go into the pot with the rest of the debt.

Any deduction from the prize money won for last season would see the SPL getting paid in full while other creditors would be getting pence in the pound. I would imagine that this would contravene the law.

Charles Green has no legal obligation to pay this bill and the SPL know this. So why send it? It is obviously another tool with which to blackmail Rangers at a future date.

IMO Charles Green should hand over the letter to the police along with a complaint against the SPL / Harper Mcleod for extortion.

Yes, CG did say that bit in bold. But then he changed his mind, and it is explicitly stated in the LNS decision that "Mr Mure informed us that Newco was now re-entering appearance and that he was instructed for it as well as for Oldco. We are glad that Newco reconsidered the decision taken on 10 September 2012 not to participate in the proceedings". So newco WAS represented.

That said, I don't see any way that newco can be found liable for these expenses. LNS clearly laid the "guilt" (such as it was) on oldco, not newco. And I can't see how this could possibly be seen as a "football debt" that might be passed through from oldco to newco.

Halfwaythere
03-04-2013, 18:59
According to Doncaster (on the radio on Saturday) the TV contract will not end in May and still has a number of years to go.

Jonty66
03-04-2013, 19:17
Must be my phone, when I tried to post it said invalid thread. I was thinking leggo stole my theory and got my thread chopped :angel:

That's the bestest conspricacy theory yet;)