PDA

View Full Version : Time for David Longmuir to have his say

lone_ranger
03-04-2013, 07:31
Up until now Doncaster and a raft of pro 12-12-18 SFL Chairmen have been lined up by the BBC to make the case and frankly threaten the "14" with dire consequences if the 12-12-18 is not pushed through for next season.

So far I have not heard a competent explanation from the pro lobby as to the reasons for the rush. Instead we have had statements from various BBC pundits about Longmuirs motives and subtle innuendo he as acting in the interests of Rangers. I think the man is being set up to be honest but its in his interest to give one interview to explain why the 14 have had a change of heart.

Bigmother
03-04-2013, 08:02
The BBC tried to get hold of him on Sport sound last night.

frankieboy
03-04-2013, 08:16
There's a lot going on behind the scenes,a lot of horse trading going on.

Guvnor79
03-04-2013, 08:27
Watch this space, Longmuir will be going out to the public today.

Heard a rumour he was locked in talks with lawyers over weekend regarding the disgraceful BBC Saturday night show where Cosgrove and Spiers allowed and openly encouraged others to spout allegations of corruption and how he was being worked from the back by CG.

Doncaster was on the show and was smug throughout.

BBC still at their own agenda then?

frankieboy
03-04-2013, 08:31

Heard a rumour he was locked in talks with lawyers over weekend regarding the disgraceful BBC Saturday night show where Cosgrove and Spiers allowed and openly encouraged others to spout allegations of corruption and how he was being worked from the back by CG.

Never heard this,hope he carries this through.

Tillietudlem
03-04-2013, 08:40
Based on what's in the papers today the SFL are voting on the 19th and got to see the SPL's Sky contract during the meeting held by the SFA and appear to have been satisfied that it was watertight, so I think everything probably hinges on how St. Mirren vote now on the 15th, if Ross County are solidly in the No camp. No coincidence that Charles Green paid a visit to the St Mirren's directors box on the weekend.

Guvnor79
03-04-2013, 08:48
SFL didn't get to see SKY contract yesterday. They just finally got the SPL to agree to let them see it after intense pressure from the SFA as it was a deal breaker.

Tillietudlem
03-04-2013, 08:53
The Daily Record claims otherwise:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-help-set-new-deadline-1806159

THE league reconstruction bid took a dramatic turn yesterday when the SFA stepped in to set up a special Hampden meeting – and helped ensure a vote will take place this month.

The SPL were always due to have a show of hands on April 15 but now, for the first time, the SFL have agreed to give a definitive on the 12-12-18 proposal just four days later.

The meeting lasted more than two hours and was attended by all of the SFL management committee, the SPL’s reconstruction group and SFA chief executive Stewart Regan’s professional game board that will decide whether to bring in the revamp in time for next season.

At one point Record Sport understands Neil Doncaster was even asked to prove the SPL’s television contract with Sky and ESPN was watertight and not in danger of collapse because of declining viewer figures.

He produced the contract, which still has four years left to run, and rubbished the scare stories....

Del
03-04-2013, 11:17
The Daily Record claims otherwise:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-help-set-new-deadline-1806159

THE league reconstruction bid took a dramatic turn yesterday when the SFA stepped in to set up a special Hampden meeting Ė and helped ensure a vote will take place this month.

The SPL were always due to have a show of hands on April 15 but now, for the first time, the SFL have agreed to give a definitive on the 12-12-18 proposal just four days later.

The meeting lasted more than two hours and was attended by all of the SFL management committee, the SPLís reconstruction group and SFA chief executive Stewart Reganís professional game board that will decide whether to bring in the revamp in time for next season.

At one point Record Sport understands Neil Doncaster was even asked to prove the SPLís television contract with Sky and ESPN was watertight and not in danger of collapse because of declining viewer figures.

He produced the contract, which still has four years left to run, and rubbished the scare stories....

It is only watertight if the SFL provide the Rangers TV rights after the 2 year deal ends.

jaws73
03-04-2013, 11:21
SFL didn't get to see SKY contract yesterday. They just finally got the SPL to agree to let them see it after intense pressure from the SFA as it was a deal breaker.

I bet it was just a quick glance at the heads of contract rather than a copy of the full thing (which is no doubt awash with get out clauses).

ChicagoBear
03-04-2013, 11:24
Its about time the SFL step up and back the 12-12-18 set up or its time they knock it back. We cannot keep this dragging on any longer. AS each passing day goes each and every club in this setup is looking a lot more stupid.

exilebear
03-04-2013, 11:33
I think the SFLs lawyers would need some time to review the SPL Sky contract.

Even so its an absolute disgrace that this information was not given out months ago and why the SFL have waited this length of time for it to be produced.

I cannot understand how SFL1 clubs can be interested in SPL2 without knowing all the details.

Tillietudlem
03-04-2013, 12:05
It is only watertight if the SFL provide the Rangers TV rights after the 2 year deal ends.

Which presumably they would do in the context of a merged league. The fear appears to have been that Sky had an escape clause based on low ratings. If that's not there the deal is good for another four years.

Del
03-04-2013, 12:13
Which presumably they would do in the context of a merged league. The fear appears to have been that Sky had an escape clause based on low ratings. If that's not there the deal is good for another four years.

12-12-18 voted in the TV rights are gone forever.

If they vote no then they will go for SPL2.

Rangers just need to say no to SPL2 then the house of cards fall.

I reckon there is a deal with the SFL clubs vote against 12-12-18 and we will stick by them by refusing SPL.

By doing that one of two things may happen.
The SPL go bust and the contracts are cancelled - TV rights back to the SFL.
or
They see out the remainder of the 2 year contract and TV rights are returned to the SFL.

Either way would be much more beneficial for us as a club.

blu14evr
03-04-2013, 13:17
Lol....what a load of bollox

LetYourLawyersReadTheSmallPrintLoyal

Tillietudlem
03-04-2013, 13:19
The main reason the smaller SFL clubs would go for 12-12-18 is if it locks in future league payments firmly into place, because that's all that really separates them from being on the same level financially as junior clubs. Don't know the background to the Rangers TV rights angle, but if what you are saying is accurate I think it actually makes a Yes from the SFL more likely.

Think the angle that is most likely to get SFL3 clubs to vote No is the pyramid stuff, so the sweetener for them is the 18 so they get another home game against Rangers and also have a much better prospect of promotion to the second tier one day if they can put one decent season together.

Think it all boils down to which way St Mirren and Ross County vote at the SPL level.

ray mac
03-04-2013, 13:25
Speirs has said live on radio a couple of times over the last few days. Quote, the elephant in the room is the rumours about Longmuir working on behalf of Charles Green

WAbear
03-04-2013, 13:30

That show was absolutely disgusting. Cosgrove is such a Rangers hater he made Speirs look like a bluenose. it was a shambles particularly at the end with Spiers and Cosgrove arguing like wee boys. Speirs was actually quite measured in his views for once comparatively speaking. Cosgrove was obviously foaming at the mouth at the thought that any advantage would come Rangers way.

They allowed those dialing in to say that Longmuir was being worked from the back by Green, and did nothing whatsoever to defend Longmuir, who was not there to answer for himself. If I recall right some actually agreed with the accusation.

rinosprayer
03-04-2013, 13:36
Speirs has said live on radio a couple of times over the last few days. Quote, the elephant in the room is the rumours about Longmuir working on behalf of Charles Green

Where are the rumours from?

WAbear
03-04-2013, 13:38
Where are the rumours from?

A rhetorical question I presume? If not, I'll answer.

Lawwell and co...

Pollok-Loyal
03-04-2013, 13:39
The imbeciles mainly at bbc scotland who have been haranguing and
trying to bait Longmuir, are strangely silent on Doncaster and Regans
goings on in the whole debate.

buffelmustplay
03-04-2013, 13:42
No change this summer means no SPL as they are insolvent - the promises being made to SFL clubs are pie in the sky as they cannot afford this UNLESS we are back in the top flight

supergers07
03-04-2013, 13:44
The Daily Record on behalf of Herr Lawwell and Celtic FC started the rumour of Green and Longmuir in it together

there's your culprits

Goughie1873
03-04-2013, 13:58
If Longmuir could get it through the heads of the SFL chairmen with their support&our fanbase we could blow the SPL away4reconstruct the whole countrys appliance of the game,may take a while but better than their so called top flight,well it ryhms with flight

INVERURIEBEAR
03-04-2013, 15:03
I distinctly heard the smelly one and the st johnstone fan say longmuir is doing rangers bidding , the smelly one tried to say different last night but yet again the man is a liar and has been caught ! I hope longmuir takes radio Scotland to court ! I also doubt very much they seen the sky tv contract in that short a meeting ! I smell shite and ESP if it's in the daylate rebel!

Dorian Blue
03-04-2013, 15:09
Longmuir has been a huge disappointment for caving in the them.