PDA

View Full Version : England Team In Montenegro

buster60
25-03-2013, 13:15
Just seen on Sky TV the England team arrive at their hotel in Montenegro.
They trooped out of the team bus and walked past waiting fans into the hotel without a single glance in their direction. The only exception was Gerrard who went and signed a supporters shirt. The rest of the players studiously ignored the fans who were waiting for them. Most of the players were wearing these hideous headphones footballers seem to hate to be seen without these days. They must think these headphones make them invisible to ordinary mortals.

They could have at least acknowledged the fans who had turned up to see them but those tossers seem above that. Over paid big headed tossers at that.

Rant over.

UnionRangers
25-03-2013, 13:18
Unfortunately this applies to a large amount of 'modern footballers' :(

bayernbear
25-03-2013, 13:20
Unfortunately this applies to a large amount of 'modern footballers' :(

It applied to a large amount of older footballers also.

Earl of Leven
25-03-2013, 13:21
To be fair anyone who didn't expect the modern stars of the EPL to utter c***s is the one with the problem...why even queue up?

53easy
25-03-2013, 13:22
Why would grown men want their autograph?

Ravey
25-03-2013, 13:22
At home games I wouldnt expect the players to go to the fans whilst coming off the bus.

But when guys have obviously booked time from work, and paid at great expense to travel to this far-flung location to see their idols, and to be waiting patiently for the chance of a photo or a signature only to be ignored, is digusting, but not in the least bit surprising.

Paddington Bear
25-03-2013, 13:23
Just seen on Sky TV the England team arrive at their hotel in Montenegro.
They trooped out of the team bus and walked past waiting fans into the hotel without a single glance in their direction. The only exception was Gerrard who went and signed a supporters shirt. The rest of the players studiously ignored the fans who were waiting for them. Most of the players were wearing these hideous headphones footballers seem to hate to be seen without these days. They must think these headphones make them invisible to ordinary mortals.

They could have at least acknowledged the fans who had turned up to see them but those tossers seem above that. Over paid big headed tossers at that.

Rant over.

Not a rant at all mate. I hate seeing pro footballers and muti millionaires acting in this manner. If I was a manger of any team those stupid great big headphones would be barred - from the players wearing them and even being anywhere near the stadium or training complex. Every players would wear a suit and tie when in the public eye

bmac800
25-03-2013, 13:34
Was that Herman Munster coming off the bus jesus they must be desperate for keepers

Top_Cat
25-03-2013, 13:38

For their children?

BlackIsleBlue
25-03-2013, 13:43

The same reasons a lot of grown men on here like to get things signed.

I've got 2 signed shirts framed on my wall.

govanx
25-03-2013, 14:01
Wee Willie Henderson was notorious for rubber earing the kids. It's not just modern day players, although more of them have the billy big bawls attitude because of the money ill grant you that. Bullshit either way. Acknowledge the people who pay you wages.

gboigloyalist
25-03-2013, 14:04
Wee Willie Henderson was notorious for rubber earing the kids. It's not just modern day players, although more of them have the billy big bawls attitude because of the money ill grant you that. Bullshit either way. Acknowledge the people who pay you wages.

With willies well documented eyesight problems he maybe never saw them.:ninja:

The Bridge
25-03-2013, 14:06

To sell on eBay. The same grown man will ask for the same autograph to be splattered across about 20 photos. But we'll always hear the story about the wean that they missed.

Kirbybear
25-03-2013, 16:05
For their children?

Usually yes, I think.

However when I got George Best's autograph many years ago I never got round to passing it on to the Kids.

mirtin73
25-03-2013, 17:41
I agree OP.

God forbid top players actually interacting with fans that have travelled all over Europe to see them.

Remember the linesman who had to remind Lescott to stop moaning..after a win...and go and see the City fans who had spent nearly 100 on a ticket at Arsenal.

And he stick he got for it.

Too many players, even when they score, are too busy promoting a stupid message written on a t-shirt or performing an embarrasing dance routine they've probably been practicing in the mirror since the last time they scored.

A lot of top players are indeed bawbags.

icrfc
25-03-2013, 17:44
This reminds me of when we were in Rimini when Scotland were away to San Marino in 1991. A few of us had gone over for a week in Rimini and to watch the game and some bird from the Scotland Travel Club came over and told us that Scotland were training the next day (the day before the game) and we were welcome to come and watch.

I replied "do you not think its enough coming to watch the ****s playing?" ;)

Torque87
25-03-2013, 17:46
The modern day multi millionaire footballer = A wanker!