PDA

View Full Version : Half time draw today

dh1963
23-03-2013, 18:09
Nice to see the legend that is Johnny Hubbard out on the park.

And nice to see the impeccable manners of one of the Struth players, as he took off his hat to shake hands with the presenter.

Not as nice to hear the almost non-existent applause he got from a crowd who were frozen, bored and half of them probably had no idea who he was.

But not at all nice to hear the announcer calling him Johnny Hibbard (twice).

Can't we use the big screens at half time to put up some details on the ex-player doing the draw? When he played for us, appearances, goals, international caps, trophies won, etc. Surely would help the younger folks to appreciate the contribution guys like Mr Hubbard made in the Royal Blue. Might also help the DJ to get their name right!!

Captain Jock
23-03-2013, 18:14
Nice to see the legend that is Johnny Hubbard out on the park.

And nice to see the impeccable manners of one of the Struth players, as he took off his hat to shake hands with the presenter.Not as nice to hear the almost non-existent applause he got from a crowd who were frozen, bored and half of them probably had no idea who he was.

But not at all nice to hear the announcer calling him Johnny Hibbard (twice).

Can't we use the big screens at half time to put up some details on the ex-player doing the draw? When he played for us, appearances, goals, international caps, trophies won, etc. Surely would help the younger folks to appreciate the contribution guys like Mr Hubbard made in the Royal Blue. Might also help the DJ to get their name right!!

I noticed that as well. :D
Mr Hubbard is from an era when Rangers players were expected to uphold the highest standards both on and off the park.
The lack of enthusiasm to his presence was a bit embarrassing tbh so your suggestion of a factfile on the player on the big screens is a top idea.

dh1963
23-03-2013, 18:23
I noticed that as well. :D
Mr Hubbard is from an era when Rangers players were expected to uphold the highest standards both on and off the park.
The lack of enthusiasm to his presence was a bit embarrassing tbh so your suggestion of a factfile on the player on the big screens is a top idea.

My son is usually at the game with me (not today), and he often has to ask who a player is. The likes of Colin Jackson, Tom Forsyth, Colin Stein and Ronnie McKinnon have done the draw this season.

He can't remember much before Nacho Novo arrived, would be good for him to see the details of these greats rather than me trying to remember all they won.