PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Today's game

Jaws II
23-03-2013, 14:32
My first game at home for a wee while due to funds and my god it was miserable.
Never been so cold in all my life death would have been welcome watching that:(

Thoughts on game was that every single player was dreadful and couldnt do the basics. Every one looked scared on the ball and not one player made runs for anyone.

Forgot to add that the display from Kyle Hutton is one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Rangers midfielder.

For the first time ever I saw people leaving at half time, and instead of getting angry I was jealous of them.

Green needs to take action or he will lose a lot of his investors cash, as the support i can see not coming back if Ally is still in charge.

Im away to get a heat.:(

BlueWorldOrder
23-03-2013, 14:34
Dreadful, to make matters worse I had the audacity to boo at the end and got told off by an uber.

Jaws II
23-03-2013, 14:35
Dreadful, to make matters worse I had the audacity to boo at the end and got told off by an uber.

I was too cold to boo, i was near a coma with the cold:D

David Watts
absolute dire .

the support really do deserve better

turrabear
to day was another preformance in a long line of simply unacceptable preformances.

YOGI_GER
23-03-2013, 14:36
Its scary to think we have to suffer a few years more of this shite.

meldo53
Suicide mate

Arveladzes Shuffle
Awful and freezin.................

Jose Calypso
23-03-2013, 14:37
Same as many times before this season. No pace,no tempo, one dimensional, no runners off ball and no midfielders gettin beyond the strikers. Set pieces are a shambles.

Jaws II
23-03-2013, 14:39
Its scary to think we have to suffer a few years more of this shite.

I think Green will be forced to do something very soon, their was a real nasty and jaded atmosphere today.

Davieblue777
23-03-2013, 14:39
absolute dire .

the support really do deserve better

agreed bro

dooman42
23-03-2013, 14:40
Its getting beyond a joke now today was woeful again green cant let this go on or he will start loseing a lot of money

super_ally_the2nd
23-03-2013, 14:41
Shite, shite and more shite

A chance to move within 3 points of the title and we put in a performance like that

Probably should have just stayed in my bed if I knew the team weren't going to put in a shift

aldo30
23-03-2013, 14:41
I had to leave the pub early or i would have been asking for very large vodkas into my juice.

supergers07
23-03-2013, 14:42

**** them

these tits are part of the problem
sick of it

stewarty g
23-03-2013, 14:43
Time for change

imWATP
23-03-2013, 14:44
For the first time ever I left a game at half time, and I certainly wasn't the only one. I have been dying with the cold for the last few days and had contemplated not going at all. I really wish I hadn't now.

I have ran out of words to describe just how shite we really are. I feel like I am saying the same things every single week but it is truly sickening.

We are going to lose a lot of season tickets for next season.

YOGI_GER
23-03-2013, 14:45
I think Green will be forced to do something very soon, their was a real nasty and jaded atmosphere today.

Just can't see it Jaws until at least the middle of next season, when it could well be possible that we won't go up and alarm bells finally start ringing in Greens office.

section5
23-03-2013, 14:46
Very poor and just limping on till the end of season but something has to happen soon.
Either Coisty leaves or a total player clear out or both

Vogie
23-03-2013, 14:47
Same as many times before this season. No pace,no tempo, one dimensional, no runners off ball and no midfielders gettin beyond the strikers. Set pieces are a shambles.

Sums it up for me.

Awful.

scotto
23-03-2013, 14:48
Only players I would give passmarks are Alexander and Heggarty.

Is there a slower midfielder in Britain than Hutton?

Our tempo is so slow we are predictable and nobody shows for the ball.

Not an ounce of creation or football to be encouraged by :(

geo752
23-03-2013, 14:50
An old tune comes to mind and it's about time it was belted out
WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH
And repeat
For as many times as you like
This can't go on bears its embarrassing

Iainrfc04
23-03-2013, 14:51
Terrible, terrible match

mendes
23-03-2013, 14:52
Today is the first game i have missed for a while but will all that has happened recently with us such as this week the club having invited chick Young to this question and answer session and Sandaza and the frankly beyond awful performances from the team i have to say i feel pretty scunnered.

I think the club take the loyalty of the fans for granted and today with all i have said above , i have to be honest and say the weather i just thought id give today a miss and not go and i have to say that i am glad i made that decision.

I watched the game on tv and did nothing but shout at the bloody tv out of sheer frustration at how shit we are as a team . There has to changesd made and Mccoist has to go for the good of us as a team and someone new has to be brought in with fresh ideas.

Nizzy 72
23-03-2013, 14:52
Just back from the Rangers club in Perth Western Australia with my brother and niece, had a great night but the Rangers performance was just awful. Time to get Billy Davies in for next season.

billymack
23-03-2013, 14:55
dire from the manager down

Blue Lew
23-03-2013, 14:58
A gutless and shambolic performance, a real low.
Where do to start with Hutton? He was woeful and the rest of them weren't much better.
Hemmings didn't have a hope playing up front on his own and there was no width at all in the team. As for the fitness levels... Faure looked like he was pulling a caravan and some of the younger kids looked dead on their feet.

Basically a pile of shite from start to finish.

snookerkid
23-03-2013, 15:03
stirling were fitter than us and to me that says it all

bluemused
23-03-2013, 15:18
Missed game due to illness watched at home and I can only say that display did nothing to cheer me up. Changes from the top down are a must.

jago1965
23-03-2013, 15:19
No creativity, slow methodical build up and playing players out of position. Nothing has changed and seems to get worse every time we play. New manager? Don't know, but something has to be done.

foyle loyal
23-03-2013, 15:20
utter sh1te,nothing more to add

tom_horn
23-03-2013, 15:30
ICT and Hamilton, midweek a couple of seasons ago it was fecking colder, but at least the football on offer was better.

Today, fecking baltic, and utter pish

The SA manager never off the touchline shouting instructions to his players, screaming for every decision, Thompson had to tell him to calm down at one point.

Ally stood there inanimate, I cant recall McDowall or Durrant leaving the dugout...must have had a heater in there.

broxburnranger
23-03-2013, 15:33
My last while mccoist is manager. Hes spent a thousand times more than any other manager in the division to look one of the poorest teams in the league

kops_11
23-03-2013, 16:05
A terrible display in my opinion, no passion, dedication or want to wear the Rangers jersey in my opinion. I dread to think what the Rangers legends think of this team. Can it get much worse?

simplysi
23-03-2013, 16:08
Hutton looked like it was his first ever game of football!!!

The apathy from the players was again unaccetpable, and the performance was gutting to watch.

McCulloch dropping like he had been headshotted at the end was down right embarrassing!!

tkmcg
23-03-2013, 16:12
Saddens me to watch such a poor team I feel a certain sympathy for the youngsters who are on a steep learning curve and do not seem to be getting the right kind of coaching from the backroom staff some of them will be ready for the off before they get a chance to mature as players

Big Tam's Piledriver
23-03-2013, 16:12
My last while mccoist is manager. Hes spent a thousand times more than any other manager in the division to look one of the poorest teams in the league

Yes it was dire. But what a ridiculous post. The poorest team in the league is about to win it.

18kjmmd73
23-03-2013, 16:13
If I was a Stirling Albion fan, I would feel robbed that they only got a point today.

bigboabwylie
23-03-2013, 16:13
As a good bear said to me last week

"Rangers are unwatchable"

burke gers30
23-03-2013, 16:18
Miserable, and f ucking freezing. :(:(

santefisio
23-03-2013, 16:19
****in brutal just about sums it up!

naemair
23-03-2013, 16:21
Probably only Alexander would get pass parks. The rest were poor - no real movement off the ball; continually turning to pass back, few passes in front of players to which they can run on - and Hemmings did not help his cause with two absolute sitters. Another dire performance and sadly the management do not know what to do. We are paying players a much higher wage than any other team in the third division and yet other teams can pass and move much quicker and better.

greigo
i used to get real angry , frustrated go on a dower after results like that , for some reason not today , i think iam just getting used it now and expect it to be dire . maybe iam eccepting the unecceptable :(

CambridgeBear
Maybe because Ian Black wasn't playing :ninja:

borderbear
23-03-2013, 16:29
Depressing.
There's a small group of us in the Club Deck, who have all sat together for many seasons. I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out us all.
Like has been stated on another thread, it's become a chore.
From the elation of merely surviving, things have gone downhill rapidly.
We need change and a complete clear out and start again.
We had the chance. There is still time.

Sweet_Home_Alabama
23-03-2013, 16:30
Yes it was dire. But what a ridiculous post. The poorest team in the league is about to win it.

Well here's another ridiculous post for you. I came to that decision weeks ago, even before the Annan game. I won't be back while McCoist is manager. This is about me saying to Green that's enough. The only way of showing I won't accept that shite is by giving Green an empty seat. My first game was 47 years ago. Ill take lectures from no c**t about supporting Rangers.

Purplestar
23-03-2013, 16:34
Looked like 2 defensive banks of four , wee McKay's body language was disgraceful, too many one footed players in our team and when we went to break forward all our midfielders were still in our own half.

And to finish it off , we need a goal and our manager takes off our only "striker" with thirty seconds to go for a midfielder. Astonishing !!

Ubik
23-03-2013, 16:36
the longer the game went on the more you felt like it was sucking the life out of you, even the blue order got quieter and quieter... i envy anyone who didnt go today.

Embra Bear
23-03-2013, 16:38
My first game at home for a wee while due to funds and my god it was miserable.
Never been so cold in all my life death would have been welcome watching that:(

Thoughts on game was that every single player was dreadful and couldnt do the basics. Every one looked scared on the ball and not one player made runs for anyone.

Forgot to add that the display from Kyle Hutton is one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Rangers midfielder.

For the first time ever I saw people leaving at half time, and instead of getting angry I was jealous of them.

Green needs to take action or he will lose a lot of his investors cash, as the support i can see not coming back if Ally is still in charge.

Im away to get a heat.:(

My only thoughts on the game are. I was fecking freezing. :D

Embra Bear
23-03-2013, 16:39

Stay away from the drugs man. :D

Markiec
23-03-2013, 16:39
Just can't see it Jaws until at least the middle of next season, when it could well be possible that we won't go up and alarm bells finally start ringing in Greens office.

Surely alarm bells will ring ( if not already) when he struggles to shift enough season books?

Juan Ghuy
23-03-2013, 16:41
Completely woeful. Glad I never went but watching it on telly was bad enough

yougbuck136
23-03-2013, 16:47
From GR, McCoist just looked like a cardboard cut-out. No encouragement/instructions to players. Just the odd lacklustre 'motivational' (???) clap. :mad:

Trevor Reznick
23-03-2013, 17:25
Only players I would give passmarks are Alexander and Heggarty.

Is there a slower midfielder in Britain than Hutton?

Our tempo is so slow we are predictable and nobody shows for the ball.

Not an ounce of creation or football to be encouraged by :(

Hegarty a pass mark ? I thought he challenged Hutton for the poorest. Maybe it was the clock in the Govan stand he's was watching but he never seemed to be concentrating on the game. I hope he proves me wrong in the long term but he is another who is going backward.

Top_Cat
23-03-2013, 17:37
Watched it on the tv, f@cking pish, a limp wristed performance

Fritz Blitz Blue
23-03-2013, 17:44
marketing suicide :(

Humbug
23-03-2013, 18:10
I honestly felt sorry for Stirling Albion at the end up, their players worked hard for each other and looked like they wanted to win. Our players look like they have just met before kick off and couldn't care less while getting out passed by players from the lowest league in Scotland.
I heard an old chap behind me saying that no team has any fear coming to Ibrox now ! Why should they ?

BlueWorldOrder
23-03-2013, 18:59
**** them

these tits are part of the problem
sick of it

Yip, how dare us grunts display any kind of displeasure at the omnishambles on (and off) the park.

paisleyprod
23-03-2013, 19:50
An utterly embarrassing performance again.

rockgirl
23-03-2013, 19:55
Awful and freezin.................

Exactly, I kept saying 'cum on Rangers, give us some goals so we can jump up and down and get warm' but the goals never came. :(

savus
23-03-2013, 19:56
Not surprised.
The inexperienced in all areas of the field was there in spades.
This was one for "give the young boys a run" advocates.

WATP1979
23-03-2013, 20:04
I've used my ST once this season I won't be using it again until Ally is gone. Local Jnr team is better to watch than spending a 12-13 hour day with travel to watch utter dross. I have had my ST for 27 years and this is the least I have ever been entertained by a country mile.

borderbluenose
23-03-2013, 20:11
We lost and drew at Stirling both performances were miles better than that but we were missing Black, McLeod, Little and Sheils twp of whom get pelters regularly on this forum. having said that 4-1 4-1 which appears to be Ally's tactic does not work with the players we have. I feel sorry for Faure, wh is central defence Cribari would be better as defensive midfielder if we were to persist with this formation.

I still beleive that the youngsters will benefit from the experience of playing in front of our "support" who are great ( I am one of them ) but are critical and were of Jardine,Greig, Parlane Cooper and I even heard Laudrup criticised at Brockville. It takes a ceratin type of player to deal with that Ally was one . He needs a better backrom staff if he is to remain.

weetam3106
23-03-2013, 20:21
Dear Christ I am desperately trying not to post tonight in case I jump too heavily on the anti ally bandwagon but today I witnessed a team who have gone backwards physically, mentally, individually and collectively. They've lost all confidence and can't even pass the ball competitively.

I love ally. I'd let him shag my wife but at the rate he's going he wouldn't get anywhere near her pants. It is time now for a root and branch clear out from scouting to coaching.

Enough ally. Take the title and thank you for everything without you there most likely would not be a club but as a manager you and kenny and durranty have to move on.

Ally somewhere upstairs the rest away and Billy Davies/ Ray Wilkins in.

We deserve better and so does the Mccoist legend.

jango
23-03-2013, 20:21
Second home game me and my boy have missed this season.

It's getting harder to motivate yourself to actually go the game,something that has been part of my life for the past 35 year.

alibongo11
23-03-2013, 20:22
IMO nothing will happen till the season is over , green knows he needs something to generate interest and investment I personally think that something might happen along the lines of Billy Davies .....:agree::agree:

hurleb
23-03-2013, 21:29
We looked like 11 unfit strangers, lacking tactical understanding or mutual empathy. Alexander excepted.
Part-timers were physically bigger, worked harder, passed better & probably feel they deserved more than 1 point.
And 1 up front at home.....

macdonsj
23-03-2013, 22:41
few thoughts of mine...

Hegarty for 20mins looked better than he has for months, then reverted to type
Two centre backs had a couple of flutters but generally ok
Wallace was the one attacking threat we had
faure was ok, nothing special but showed decent dig
Hutton was unfit and his passing pathetic
Crawford just wasn't at the races
Aird apart from one cut inside and shot was equally poor
McKay was abysmal, no matter the orders - a blind man could see that we needed a touchline winger today and he kept coming inside with no effect - basically appeared to chuck it
hemmings was awful, two bad misses coupled with poor service

tactically
- not changing to get Mckay on the wing
- one up front at home against stirling
- chasing a win with minutes left as we take off the one striker and stay 1 up
- not willing to throw on a new player in murdoch, surely could have injected some enthusiam and effort

three weeks in a row - three dross performances from pretty much all the team
2 goals in 3 - one a penalty, the other a scramble over the line
very few chances made
passed off the park in practically all three

no fight, no desire, no heart, no effort and no professionalism

thelivibluenose
23-03-2013, 23:10
What England done to San Marino is what we should be doing to teams especially at home. Today is yet another example that we are are just so unbelievably poor.

I'm not saying that our players are the same standard as England and the teams we are playing are as bad as San Mario but in theory it's the the same, fitter hungrier players v's part time players who work 40+ hours a week in jobs outside football should be much more professional and comfortable than we seem intent on making it!!

The Predator
23-03-2013, 23:17
Depressing, dire, spineless.

Those are just a few words that I could think of.

Thank god I will just get drunk next week for Montrose.

Stuboy
23-03-2013, 23:20
Was really bad. I just take my hat off to all you bears that stayed the full 90mins well done guys must have be hard.

KennyP2519
23-03-2013, 23:26
Awful performance.

suramericaranger
23-03-2013, 23:32
One f*cking player up front at home to Stirling Albion!!? I still cannot get over that. And 5 at the back!

It is utterly embarrassed. McCoist is making an utter fool of himself and of Rangers.

colin gray
23-03-2013, 23:34
IF there was a glimpse of the foofball standard moving up and onwards then yes Ally could be given time but it is not, not saying cos a team of kids today its been like this for a longctime now

bigy
23-03-2013, 23:37
To start with 1 up front at home to Stirling Albion is a disgrace and for that alone Ally should walk.

It was a team of boys and I can forgive them for an off day, but the tactics were wrong from the start and yet again we waited an hour to change it. I love Ally to bits but he's now stifling our recovery.

bowmar977
23-03-2013, 23:43
took in my first game for a while, and hats off to the guys that turn up to watch that week on week. There are several junior teams out there would actually leather us.
Question is, do we think the players are fit, I thought in 3rd division, even if they are up for it, we would run them off the park after 60 minutes or so, due to full time training and thus superior fitness.
For long spells they actually outplayed, outpassed and actually looked fitter than us.
Abysmal performance.

talktalk
23-03-2013, 23:47
Unfit , slow, void of ideas, hiding, midfield no where near linking up or making runs for the forward. You will notice I said forward as we only had one.

The young boy McKay kept on cutting insde instead of beating the back and crossing it when he had the ball, when he never had the ball he wandered into the middle and looked a lost wee boy. This is a coaching issue as the boy will be a player he just needs to learn about what options and areas of the park he needs to take up.

Hutton, im a fan but he looks like a big stiffy and very unfit. When he was at Thistle I read he was put on a yoga training programme which brought him on leaps and bounds in the 1st division, he should start it back up.

Dickie69
23-03-2013, 23:54
I never made the game today and have just logged on, but once again I am astonished that we once again played with a lone striker. I would understand this if we had a style of play or even the players who can play this system, but from what I see, we dont
I can accept that there are days when we have poor performances, I would be able to stomach it more if I were able to see improvements within the players or if I could see any sense of direction. However what I see is a team devoid of leadership or guile. We seem to have a group of well paid young men, who are unfit and under prepared.

Hendrixbear
24-03-2013, 00:00
I'm not sure why I'm turning up to watch such pish. They players are giving me absolutely nothing to cheer about. They simply don't give a shit. It's infuriating.

Ionabrick
24-03-2013, 16:25
Rangers have to be very wary of just what is being offered as product on the park.

There is a very real prospect that, if the standard of play continues to plummet, then our poor third division team will be watched, at Ibrox, by equaly poor third division crowds.

BlueMcLeod89
24-03-2013, 16:33
You may not agree but i think we are lucky to be in the bottom league rather than the 1st or 2nd because even though were are sailing our way through we are struggling in so many aspects such as fitness, work ethic, passion, general skill , managerial abilities, coaching staff , the rangers board and finally CG needs to stop running his mouth of so much .