PDA

View Full Version : How many of our summer signings will still be here on Sep 1st?

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 17:02
Stella - Released

Kyle - Expect him to be released.

Faure - Expect him to be released.

Black - In the balance, needs to be far more consistent. Probably staying.

Sandaza - Needs goals, but his contract is a worry. Cost too much to pay him off. Staying.

Shiels - Needs more consistency. Staying.

Argyriou - Not sure if McCoist fancies him that much, but he deserves a run to see how he develops. Staying.

Templeton - Needs a little more cutting edge and consistency, best of the summer signings though by a distance. Staying.

Cribari - I would get rid, but i think McCoist likes him purely for his experience at the back. Staying.

MMCGILVRAY
13-02-2013, 17:13
I think Faure's done ok to be fair to the boy.

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 17:16

I think he's struggled badly. The only position he has looked even remotely comfortable in is sitting in front of the 2 CB's. That shouldn't be needed in Div 3, and even if we do play someone there he is well down the order.

Cranky
13-02-2013, 17:20
The simple fact is that unless they were on a one year deal like Kyle they will be here unless we pay them off

Personally I would get rid of Kyle, faure, cribari and argyriou. The rest I still think will come good for us.

Shane Vendrell
13-02-2013, 17:23
The simple fact is that unless they were on a one year deal like Kyle they will be here unless we pay them off

Personally I would get rid of Kyle, faure, cribari and argyriou. The rest I still think will come good for us.

This is my feelings as well

Ubik
13-02-2013, 17:24

id agree with this though i have doubt about how good the rest will become

TheKillerToad
13-02-2013, 17:25
I think Dean Shiels has been a major disappointment and for the big money we are apparently paying I would rather we sold him on and let a youngster fill the void .

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 17:26

Which is why we need to be very careful about our summer signings.

We no doubt had to pay a premium for contracts ( and length) just to get players in last season, but there shouldn't be the same desperation this summer.

Sandaza is a huge worry for me. I believe he is on a 4 year deal. He needs to show something, and soon.

I think Faure, Cribari and Argyriou are on 2 year deals(?) which means they can still contribute something if need be for the next season and a half.

comfie
13-02-2013, 17:27

I feel the same but would like to keep Argyriou for another season. He's looked as if he's improving with games, but would prefer him in Right Midfield.

ABear
13-02-2013, 17:29
I think Dean Shiels has been a major disappointment and for the big money we are apparently paying I would rather we sold him on and let a youngster fill the void .

I agree with you KT. The problem is that we know he can be a good player. If we could get the best from him then he could be a major player in our team.
Maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf though

BlueWorldOrder
13-02-2013, 17:30

:eek:................

chocolatechoux
13-02-2013, 17:35
Faure is decent, probably around 1st Division level so will be staying.

exilebear
13-02-2013, 17:39

Should be benched for now . Not sure of selling him as he can be a good player.

Argyriou I would keep as he has been our best RB. Faure isnt a RB so move him on if thats where we intend playing him.

permatan
13-02-2013, 17:44

Yup. I think we would have benefited more from playing McKay, Naismith, Aird etc in 'the hole'. Would have saved us circa 8k a week too

rangersloyal
13-02-2013, 17:46
we need a bit more experience, need a better core of the tea, a consistent cb pairing, same with midfield and up front.

Torque87
13-02-2013, 17:46
Don't think Stella or Kyle will be there, the rest I think will stay.

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 17:47
As an aside, i don't think we will get a fee for any of the players we signed in the summer apart from Templeton.

No one else has performed to a level high enough that would attract a transfer fee. Maybe that tells it's own story on whether they should stay or go....

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 17:48

Stella has gone already.

Duranman
13-02-2013, 17:49
Can we offload Chris Hegarty?

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 17:50
Can we offload Chris Hegarty?

He hasn't signed a new contract yet, so he could be released.

I think he deserves a run at CB ahead of Perry now. I think Perry should be closer to the door than Hegarty.

Hendrixbear
13-02-2013, 17:51
I can see them all being here bar Kyle.

Duranman
13-02-2013, 17:51
I don't rate either. No harm to the boy but he doesn't run, kick or head a ball like a footballer. I'm actually astonished he was picked up by anyone.

mildmannered janitor
13-02-2013, 17:55
To look at it from another perspective, I wouldn't be heartbroken if Cribari, Faure and Argyriou were all pleading homesickness come transfer window time.

Rustledust
13-02-2013, 17:56
I'd like to see Faure at centre half before judging him. Especially as that's his position and he's on a 4 year deal.

In reality, everyone except Kyle will be here.

Personally I'd be happy to lose everyone bar Wallace, Aird, McKay, Hutton, MacLeod, Crawford and Temps.

CaptainCourageous
13-02-2013, 18:52
Hopefully not many of them!

Captain_Buns
13-02-2013, 19:01

Stella is already gone mate, keep up! :p

200000 Heroes
13-02-2013, 19:04
id agree with this though i have doubt about how good the rest will become

I agree with this and Cranky.

Jury still out for me in terms of just how good these lads would be playing at a higher level over the next few seasons.

albertz11
13-02-2013, 19:12
Cribari's agent being making noises re the summer recently.

graeme8719
13-02-2013, 19:14

Couldn't agree more with this.

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 19:17

Back to Brazil for one last big effort to make the WC Squad?

turrabear
13-02-2013, 20:24

have to agree with you there.

GazzaNumber8
13-02-2013, 20:43
I'd release the full defence except Wallace and start rebuilding from the back .. And ditch Kyle aswell. Shiels , Black and Sandaza SHOULD come good . Templeton has been the standout so far I think he will become a big player for us as we get stronger and work our way back to where we belong as the Top team in Scotland.

Empire
13-02-2013, 20:46

Probably the worst player I've seen play for us.

pelem
13-02-2013, 20:53
From what I've seen already this season I'd offload kyle, faure,cribari and persevere with hegarty, perry and the greek at right back. The verdict is still out on black and sandaza, we could have paid for him so that was a stroke of luck.

The youngsters most noticably Lewis McLeod are the ones we need to bring on but have we the right coaching to do so.

gersfest
13-02-2013, 20:55
It would be Jan 2014 before most are released (if any), as the league will be long started before we can sign players again.

Kyle will be the only 1 not really required.

Helstead
13-02-2013, 21:03
Back to Brazil for one last big effort to make the WC Squad?

Theres no chance of this,the guy hasn't had a call up to the national team at all and even though the Brazil team aren't firing on all cylinders right now theres still alot of people in front of him.

If he goes back to Brazil it will be to be closer to family which he was wanting to do before he came to Rangers.

Huistra23
13-02-2013, 21:03
if the story re, Bell signing is true,I thinkAlexander will move on,personally I'd be happy with either,I don't think we need two highly paid keepers,I'd sign whichever div 3 keeper has been most impressive this season,as back up.

gooseman
13-02-2013, 21:13
if the story re, Bell signing is true,I thinkAlexander will move on,personally I'd be happy with either,I don't think we need two highly paid keepers,I'd sign whichever div 3 keeper has been most impressive this season,as back up.

I would sign the keeper from queens park, he's been outstanding against us.

Alex_77
13-02-2013, 22:25
Quite happy to ditch most of them

Earl of Leven
13-02-2013, 22:59
Almost all gash but I am told that Templeton is worth keeping...I never watch Hearts or SPL so can't say. He's not been good for us but if there is talent there then all to the good.

the Greek lad is competent...not great but our best right back. I'd keep him.

cliftonperkins
13-02-2013, 23:01
I'd like to see Faure at centre half before judging him. Especially as that's his position and he's on a 4 year deal.

Personally I'd be happy to lose everyone bar Wallace, Aird, McKay, Hutton, MacLeod, Crawford and Temps.

But then we'd only have 7 players .... I think we might struggle ;)

siberia1
13-02-2013, 23:05

Would this be a particularly bad idea?? Add Little in there and maybe a couple others, and I would be inclined to agree! Fresh start this time with the young guys who have impressed and that have a real chance to shape the future of the team! Supplement theses boys with the best in the reserves that we have not seen yet, plus some good young promising acquisitions to the squad from the lower leagues in England, who are ambitious and have something to prove! I think Cammy Bell is a good signing, but other than that, all this talk of signing mid table SPL players is frankly depressing and shows no imagination or vision.

Andy Weir
13-02-2013, 23:06
Stella - Released

Sandaza - Needs goals, but his contract is a worry. Cost too much to pay him off. Staying.

Argyriou - Not sure if McCoist fancies him that much, but he deserves a run to see how he develops. Staying.

Templeton - Needs a little more cutting edge and consistency, best of the summer signings though by a distance. Staying.

Cribari - I would get rid, but i think McCoist likes him purely for his experience at the back. Staying.

Why does Argriou get a pass 'to see how he develops' but Faure not? (Who, by the way, has been half decent).

Jordan-rtid
13-02-2013, 23:07

Whats he been saying ? Personally I think Kyle & Cribari will leave in summer

Earl of Leven
13-02-2013, 23:08
We could easily lose Cribari, Perry, Faure....the rest may be given a chance to redeem themselves.

SurreyBear73
13-02-2013, 23:16
I would keep Faure as CB along with Hegarty and Argyriou, punt or release Perry and Cribari. I would get rid of Black, Sheils and Kyle as well. Their attitudes are appalling and the application of basic skills is non existent.

dublinbear
13-02-2013, 23:38
Theres no chance of this,the guy hasn't had a call up to the national team at all and even though the Brazil team aren't firing on all cylinders right now theres still alot of people in front of him.

If he goes back to Brazil it will be to be closer to family which he was wanting to do before he came to Rangers.

It was a joke. :D

srongorm
14-02-2013, 06:15
we need a bit more experience, need a better core of the tea, a consistent cb pairing, same with midfield and up front.

This has become a bit of an urban myth. The team's average age was actually older than Dundee Hibs in the recent cup tie (26 I believe?) And it's been (some of) the experienced players who've been the biggest disappointment.
I agree about the other issues. But apart from upgrading the personnel at CB, the "coaching" may be a bigger issue than the players we have at our disposal.

Ritchiebluenose
14-02-2013, 06:29
Stella - Released

Stella - Is he still at the club???
Kyle - Only got a 12 month contract
Faure - May improve in time. Seen a little potential in him.
Black - An embarrassment to the badge on his breast.
Sandaza - Must improve
Sheils - A lot of potential.
Argyriou - Not seen enough of him yet
Templeton - A lot of potential
Cribari - Will struggle when Bocca and Gion return

bobbyger74
14-02-2013, 07:39

Bloody hell, we're thin enough at the back, cannot sign anyone but ree agents and you want to get rid of three defenders.

I know that Goian and Boca could be coming back but I wouldn't bet on it just yet.

I think we'll wait until the illegal transfer embargo has finished before we look at replacement defenders.

JellaFella
14-02-2013, 08:49
Kyle is only on a short term deal is that correct? Think it is only a year.

I wouldn’t imagine someone likes of Cribari, Faure or Argyriou (who I would keep) would be on massive money should we need to release them?

The likes of Black, Templeton and Shiels are a decent nucleus to have as we make our way up the divisions.

It will really depend on what we can bring in who we can then afford to let go.