PDA

View Full Version : Setting up our own fans phone-in

migsy323
12-02-2013, 12:55
I think that if we could set this up it would kill off Clydes phone in, in a matter of weeks

ruglenbear
12-02-2013, 12:58
My own worry is it wouldn't be much better than the phone-in we used to have on RTV, We were just as guilty of ignoring issues that made us uncomfortable as Clyde are, albeit issues that included ourselves (criticism of management/players was simply not allowed)

But it would be much, much better than RC

kirkieger
12-02-2013, 12:58
It would be awash with taigs as well.

angiegascoigne
12-02-2013, 12:59
Green said at the meeting about the naming of the stadium that he was looking into this.

careca
12-02-2013, 13:00
It would be awash with taigs as well.

A 20 second delay or a lisp detector would sort out.

Disco2000
12-02-2013, 13:03
I think in theory it would be excellent.

I think for it to work though it would have to be on a normal fm radio channel. It has to be a channel everyone could get, whether it be in the car, on the radio or online

Detective Vic Mackey
12-02-2013, 13:07
In theory it would be excellent as long as pundits were good.

However to have any chance of succeeding it has to deal with the difficult issues and allow a diversely of opinions and not just toe the party line and become a propaganda machine.

dougsdir24
12-02-2013, 13:09
A 20 second delay or a lisp detector would sort out.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/taxidriver.gif

supergers07
12-02-2013, 13:10
good idea

wont work due to fans not bein able to get their no holds barred views on for instance, training issues and lack of style on the park.

Unless JT has full running and presents it as he knows the ins and outs.
Nothing against Dickson and Heron but they would be too much party line lads for me as you hear on their commentary and non slating of the way we play.

Sebo_Scores_For_Fun
12-02-2013, 13:20
good idea

wont work due to fans not bein able to get their no holds barred views on for instance, training issues and lack of style on the park.

Unless JT has full running and presents it as he knows the ins and outs.
Nothing against Dickson and Heron but they would be too much party line lads for me as you hear on their commentary and non slating of the way we play.

This fella is talking sense

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 13:25
FF works because it's independent of the club.

We can be highly critical of Rangers here, and this is very important.

Any club operation of a radio phone-in is likely to be uncomfortable with criticism and just as agenda-driven as the dreadful Radio Clyde.

Can you imagine what a Rangers phone-in would have been like with the Murray regime in charge?

supergers07
12-02-2013, 13:28
Remember the cringey phone in on the old setanta RTV
Gordon 'thick as mince' Dalziel was even on it the mug

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
12-02-2013, 13:29
Green has already mentioned this, has he not?

With his reboot of RTV, it could work.

I think you'd have to invite guests who the fans don't really agree with - otherwise, as mentioned above, it kind of becomes pointless.

Traynor hosting, with a fair-minded journo/pundit (Rich Wilson, Keith Jackson, Neil McCann etc.) alongside someone we almost never agree with (the list is endless on this one).

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
12-02-2013, 13:32
I'd also invite non-football guests to discuss other topics.

Fans could vote on the hot-topic of the day/week and we could get in people who can provide further information.

For example, if we polled on here, and it was decided we would have safe-standing as the topic - we would have someone from the safe-standing campaign alongside a polcie officer/health and safety officer. Discussing the merits and pitfalls.

It could work if done properly.

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 13:40
Think about it.

Imagine, for example, a former player hosting the programme and earning a decent return for his efforts.

If a hundred calls come in which are critical of McCoist, and there are half a dozen others which want to talk about less controversial issues, what will be broadcast?

Can a prominent figure in the employ of Rangers allow a radio phone-in to be severely critical of his colleagues and friends?

There are limitations with an in-house production which could make any programme tame and pointless.

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 13:45
Remember Willie Henderson on RTV?

He was critical of the team and I don't think he was ever invited back.

We simply can't tolerate a situation like this.

If guests have to be on-message to get invited back, what's the point?

boko
12-02-2013, 13:55
The Earls would be all over it,like shit on a shovel.

Göteborg-Rangers
12-02-2013, 14:06

We simply can't tolerate a situation like this.

Rangers TV still invite guests like Gordon Dalziel so something ran by the club would never please the fans and no wonder to be fair.

They would be forever playing it safe and inviting people who constantly snuggle up to the tarriers to make a living.

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
12-02-2013, 14:09
The Earls would be all over it,like shit on a shovel.

At a decent cost/min - they can phone it if they like. :p

garyw09
12-02-2013, 14:10
This is why it has to be run by the supporters and not the club.

Also it would be easy to keep tims off it, donate a % of the phone call to Erskine and if they did want to phone we could thank them for the donation.

ruglenbear
12-02-2013, 14:12

Any club operation of a radio phone-in is likely to be uncomfortable with criticism and just as agenda-driven as the dreadful Radio Clyde.

Can you imagine what a Rangers phone-in would have been like with the Murray regime in charge?

We had one and it was awful

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 14:13
Rangers TV still invite guests like Gordon Dalziel so something ran by the club would never please the fans and no wonder to be fair.

They would be forever playing it safe and inviting people who constantly snuggle up to the tarriers to make a living.

If it plays safe all the time, it will be a wasteful exercise.

We're sick of dumbed-down broadcasters and newspapers. If we're only going to add to their number, we'd be as well not bothering.

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 14:16
This is why it has to be run by the supporters and not the club.

Also it would be easy to keep tims off it, donate a % of the phone call to Erskine and if they did want to phone we could thank them for the donation.

Supporters from the Assembly?

Another reason not to bother. It would be more dumbed-down pap and could be trusted about as far as it could be thrown.

garyw09
12-02-2013, 14:18
Supporters from the Assembly?

Another reason not to bother. It would be more dumbed-down pap and could be trusted about as far as it could be thrown.

I never said that but it is a good point. How about a FF radio/Phone in then?

I am sure we could raise the funds needed on here if we had to.

NS
12-02-2013, 14:19
You can only imagine how shite that would be

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 14:21
I never said that but it is a good point. How about a FF radio/Phone in then?

I am sure we could raise the funds needed on here if we had to.

I know you didn't, mate, but I felt that the point had to be made.

I'd be perfectly happy with a neutral phone-in, but I'm not aware of any - and it is a problem.

rjmonk
12-02-2013, 14:47
If club run it would be along the lines of the questions at the end of the old AGMs. 'Ahm no happy about the price of the pies' etc

barryhopez
12-02-2013, 14:55

We simply can't bytolerate a situation like this.

To have an open minded and tolerant forum it has to allow callers on for topics which praise and also provide criticism of what is going on at club and team.

If it's all namby pamby blind praise then it'll fail.

A good idea in theory though and would have to be available for all bears on an easy to tune into channel.

RMthebest
12-02-2013, 15:23
www.rangerschat.com is on everynight I listen to it all the time, very good for an amateur program, used to be a bit off topic, but now all Rangers talk and very good listen actually, 9pm live everynight and also has a listen again feature to give it a try !

BigBoabB
12-02-2013, 17:49
There is some amount a shite spouted about this on this thread.......

Larkie_Deek
12-02-2013, 17:54
www.rangerschat.com is on everynight I listen to it all the time, very good for an amateur program, used to be a bit off topic, but now all Rangers talk and very good listen actually, 9pm live everynight and also has a listen again feature to give it a try !

I listen to it.

It is 100% Tim free and has a couple of old-school fans presenting the show.

I enjoy it and it takes viewers away from Radio Clyde, which is good.

bigmalky
12-02-2013, 18:06

This. Don't even entertain the idea..... unless we call it Pravda !