PDA

View Full Version : Steven Davis reveals his plan to rejoin the club

Pages : [1] 2

Graeme_N
12-02-2013, 08:07
Article from Daily Record below. For me I wouldn't have him back, more because I don't think he was good enough first time round. Thought he was decent in fits and starts but not nearly consistant enough.

"STEVEN DAVIS left Rangers with a heavy heart and a clear conscience as Southampton paid the Ibrox newco an £800,000 fee for him.

Now the Northern Ireland international insists his plan is to return to the club one day and resume his love affair with his boyhood heroes.

Davis has picked up the thread of his career so successfully that he scored one of the goals which beat Manchester City on Saturday and virtually guaranteed an English title win for Manchester United.

But this season only started after the midfielder had endured the most testing time of his private and professional life.

And as the first anniversary of Rangers going into administration is ready to be marked on Thursday, Davis has put a human face on what was the event that truly did rock Scottish football.

A cliche turned into a matter of fact for the ex-Gers skipper and the rest of the players who found their lives turned upside down by a business affair that was none of their making.

Davis said: “We were professional sportsmen and on the day it was announced Rangers were going into administration it was just a series of words to us until we absorbed the ramifications of what had taken place.

“I had just signed a new, five-year contract with the club and it had always been my intention to honour that agreement in full and devote the largest part of my career to the team I considered to be one of the biggest names in world football.

“Footballers aren’t economists and we were trying to understand why a club of Rangers’ stature were in such a predicament.

“There were weeks of rumour and speculation beforehand and there were days at Murray Park when the players held meetings and came back in the evening to actually do some training.

“How could you expect something as serious as administration to affect a club like Rangers?

“On the one hand you were trying to be as professional as possible and getting on with your job.

“But on the other you were taking your problems at the club home and being subconsciously troubled by a big shock.

“We played Kilmarnock at Ibrox the first weekend after the club announced it had gone into
administration and I always remember the atmosphere that day.

“The home dressing room faces on to Edmiston Drive and we were taking it in turns to see the crowd turn up in incredible numbers outside on the main street.

“But when the game started it was Kilmarnock who scored and eventually won the game, so it was difficult to erase a problem that was always at the back of your mind.

“The football pitch is supposed to be the place where a player finds his relief and release in the midst of troubled times but it all took its toll in the end.”

When liquidation followed administration Davis was on holiday and burdened by the problem of what to do next.

Recent history has shown some players elected to get out of Ibrox and sign for other clubs on the basis that they were free to do so because their contracts had been made invalid by Rangers effectively going out of business.

Davis took soundings from those who knew their way round business law and those who were simply close to him as he wanted to see his situation resolved satisfactorily.

He said: “What to do for the best was a problem that hung over me while I was on holiday.

“I loved the club and the fans but I had to take a decision which was best for me, my family and the remainder of my career.

“There was so much uncertainty, so I was delighted Southampton made an offer that was acceptable and the club got money that they needed to keep going.”

Davis’ conscience is clear and he intends to go back to Ibrox initially as a fan and then possibly as a Rangers player at a later date.

He said: “It was the toughest decision of my life when I left for another club.

“I gave the team 100 per cent every time I went out on to the park for Rangers. If everything goes to the plan I have in my head I’d like to come back and play for the club again before my career ends.

“I know there are different opinions about the players who left after administration but I still follow Rangers and they continue to mean a lot to me.”

Davis has had enough distractions at Saints to be going on with in the meantime. His new club sacked manager Nigel Adkins and replaced him with Mauricio Pochettino.

But Davis eased the club’s relegation worries with the goal that moved them up the league table at the weekend.

He said: “All of what’s happened over the last year has proved you can’t make long-term plans in
football as you never know what’s round the corner.”

bigkahunarab
12-02-2013, 08:08
Nae Barry nae Rangers........

madride
12-02-2013, 08:08
No thanks Steven, the door will be closed

CambusbarronBear
12-02-2013, 08:10
ERM, thanks but no thanks Steven. :roll:

mitchellmccoist
12-02-2013, 08:10
I'm I correct in thinking it was nothing to do with Davis that we ended up getting a fee?

MccoistAlly
12-02-2013, 08:11
Captain should have led by example.

Utter disgrace

KBOTW
I'd rather play with ten men than afford him a jersey

northsealoyal
time for the rangers to move forward no turning back ex players should remain ex players they have had the chance to play for the Rangers IMO you only deserve one chance

clanharp
12-02-2013, 08:12
No thanks! He left before Southampton agreed to pay a fee for him.
None of the players who left during the uncertainty should be welcomed back IMO.

coplandfront156
Chase yourself ya wee ride the door is closed to the likes of you.

Graeme_N
I'm I correct in thinking it was nothing to do with Davis that we ended up getting a fee?

Yes- My recollection was that he was already gone and signed up at southampton before any fee was agreed?

Bill the Butcher
12-02-2013, 08:13
The captain of the Costa Concordia has more balls than this ****!

Xavi Hernandez
12-02-2013, 08:13

Utter disgrace

Exactly. Never heard a word from his mouth when the shit hit the fan. Hid then sneaked out the back door.

For him to be labelled a former Rangers captain is an embarrassment to those who have Captained us in the past.

UnionRangers
12-02-2013, 08:14
F. Uck off Steven Davis.

Shitebag 'captain'.

Never welcome back !!!

The_Gub
Stevie, you can come back and be a flag bearer with Ross Blyth.

That you had to look after your family is not in dispute, but I don't think you were exactly in the poor house when you came to the decision.

By all means always support us.

superally54
Just you stay where you are Mr Davis.

Battlefield Bear
Steven Davis....Steven Davis.....

Nope, can't place him.

KingCarlos
12-02-2013, 08:15
Whether people agree/disagree with his reasons on leaving is one thing. However he is basically saying that he wanted away to the Prem for the 3-5 years we would be in the doldrums...but quite fancies coming back to finish his career when we are back challenging for the SPL. No thanks.

wacaktb
12-02-2013, 08:16
**** off Davis, an acceptable offer my arse. you tupe over we would have received at least 2 million, instead we got approximately 400k

averagebear
12-02-2013, 08:16
Whilst he is not in the same bracket as Naismith and McGregor he will never be welcomed back to Ibrox.

ahmnoatim
12-02-2013, 08:17
I'm sorry but in 2-3 years time i would quite gladly have a Steve Davis in our midfield. No one on this message boaard knows exactly what went on behind close doors last summer and how on earth could we of afforded to pay him in Division 3.

Any time he has spoken since last summer I have been happy with him, he never hit us with the bullshit Naismith, Whittaker and Lafferty hit us with.

LBB

It is my understanding that the SFA are still witholding the transfer fee.

nzb
Yep. He refused to TUPE across like the rest.

Willowbankbear
Sorry Steve , thanks but no thanks , you turned your back on us, others did not , reap what you sow

vespat5
No thanks .

The Peoples Piper
Sometimes you have to laugh.

amabluestar
12-02-2013, 08:18
Once you leave Rangers you go downhill.
You will not be required.

Hendrie
12-02-2013, 08:18
I would be upset by the return of any of them who bailed out.

Grant K
12-02-2013, 08:19
Not the worst offender, but I'm not sure. To be fair he is not in the same bracket as some other people whose names should be expunged from our history. For me some people should be referred to as Trialist in our official records as they just don't exist.

Cooperfan
12-02-2013, 08:21
No way Steven. I doubt you will ever be accepted back after your actions (should be inaction) as captain.

JamesyMFH
12-02-2013, 08:21
I hate it when these players come out the woodwork proclaiming their love for the club.

Actions speak louder than words. You made your decision Stevie, live with it.

Spit the Dog
12-02-2013, 08:22
Sorry Steven, but for me I wouldn't take you back.

I think you were over rated as a player and not worthy to be Rangers Captain.

You may have got us a small fee, but you left us when we needed some leadership on and off the pitch.

Hutchesonian
It's a wonder that he's not even ashamed to consider returning.

I'll be honest, there's been many a time I've just brass-necked it. Needs must etc. But there's never been a time when I was not aware that I had done wrong.

It must be a terribly lonely world to live in when you don't understand the impact your decisions have on others.

These players need to see what they have done before they can move on, not just as players but people.

adidasler

all down to the Southampton board.

blueger
I'm sorry but in 2-3 years time i would quite gladly have a Steve Davis in our midfield. No one on this message boaard knows exactly what went on behind close doors last summer and how on earth could we of afforded to pay him in Division 3.

Any time he has spoken since last summer I have been happy with him, he never hit us with the bullshit Naismith, Whittaker and Lafferty hit us with.

We wouldn't have played him in division 3. We would've sold him. He jumped ship and we only got money for him because Southampton didn't want the hassle of us taking the player and them through legal processes. They still got a 3 to 4 million pound player for 800k so it was a bargain.

bearfaecumbernauld
12-02-2013, 08:23
Not for me.

He doesn't deserve the privilege to wear a Rangers jersey ever again.

During the financial turmoil he was also posted missing and being the club captain this was not acceptable. He was also posted missing on the field numerous times.

brothertkoba
12-02-2013, 08:24
Davis is obviously not very bright - even Lafferty has enough brain cells to know that he will never be welcome again.

UnionRangers
Dead to me.

evy_rfc
Davis can go take a running f*ck to himself. He will never be welcome back at Ibrox in my eyes.

imager
A coward of a man, hid in big games, he can fu.ck off and enjoy relegation.

1972 bear
12-02-2013, 08:25
Go take a flying f**k to yourself Davis.You were never worthy of being our captain by regularly impersonating the Invisible man on the pitch whilst picking up a huge wage and shafted the club for cash when you disappeared out the door.

adidasler
12-02-2013, 08:26

Sneaky little bstard.

Tam Forsyth 1973
12-02-2013, 08:28
I'd have Davis back, the only one to leave with any dignity.

roblawson
12-02-2013, 08:28
Will send you 50p in post you money grabbing bastard, use it to buy the biggest can of go **** yourself you can get from the vending machine.

stefanovitch
12-02-2013, 08:29
He's 28 now and contracted with Southampton until June 2016 so if he wanted to come back he'd be 31 and looking for a final pay day.

I liked Davis as a player but not the way he conducted himself in the summer by sneaking out the back door. I doubt he'll ever be back and reckon he's just trying to endear himself to the support. I expect a similar story from McGregor at some point.

The two I feel most strongly about are Naismith and Whittaker - the way they left and the media conference they held was despicable.

Brian Laudrup
12-02-2013, 08:30
Never darken our door again you charlatan

BR3 Staunch
I wouldnt welcome that prick to a charity doo.

Whitey_22
F*ck Davis, he left like the rest, the fee from Southampton had nothing to do with him.

Blue Tack
"id like to go back before my career ends " ..yeah so once he has about a year left in him he wants to waltz in just to ease HIS troubled mind and settle with HIS demons,not for me,live with it rat .

steven180290
12-02-2013, 08:31
Wasn't it only Davis and mcgregor that made contact with McCoist and/or jardine before leaving?

Sure I remember reading that somewhere

RJ
12-02-2013, 08:32
No Thanks.

kenikinif
12-02-2013, 08:33
if you had done the right thing at the time you would have always been welcome at ibrox not now mr davis for real rangers men look up big jig and lee wallace

rabkebab
12-02-2013, 08:34
Nah, not for me either!

btl456
12-02-2013, 08:35
won't be the last to chap at the ibrox door again, of that i am certain.

BarcaBillyBoy
12-02-2013, 08:36
You have to hand it to Davis, playing hide and seek with great success for a year is remarkable!

No thanks, we have a true leader now.

Waluigi
12-02-2013, 08:39
Not getting much of a game at Southampton Steve?

Well you made your bed.

ozbluenose
12-02-2013, 08:40
Not for me ,i hope we are going to be looking forward when we sign players from now on.

Kilbirnie
12-02-2013, 08:41
is he tall enough for the Broxi suit?

Bowery Boys
12-02-2013, 08:43

Well you made your bed.

He's played 22 times in the league.

13 starts and 9 sub appearances.

Lawsome
12-02-2013, 08:43
Silence was deafening from a supposed captain when everything was going to shit. Led by example and our best players followed suit.
Now claiming he made the club cash for his transfer, something he never had any knowledge would happen when he left.
Always said when he was at Rangers that he wanted to move to the premiership before coming back to finish his career here. This was the easy way out.

I would not welcome him back.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 08:44
Don’t have any issues with anything he says in that.

I don’t have any issues with Davis to be fair.

SuperAldo83
12-02-2013, 08:45
It's a difficult one. He didn't do the same crap as Naismith or Whittaker but he could have led by example and came out publicly saying he would stand by the club, as captain. It will always leave a bad taste the way most of them left. Yes we eventually got a small fee for him but he should have been in the press doing the opposite of Naismith and Whittaker.

Bowery Boys
12-02-2013, 08:47
Don’t have any issues with anything he says in that.

I don’t have any issues with Davis to be fair.

Indeed.

I'm in the minority who would take him back.

Naismith and Whittaker are different cases because of the subsequent press conference they conducted.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 08:47

Well you made your bed.

He is, and other than Lambert was probably their best player against City.

Some of the revisionist p*sh about Davis the player, more than any other that left, on here, is laughable.

BR3 Staunch
12-02-2013, 08:48
The press conference and comments made should see them shot if a Rangers man ever becomes a world dictator.

They were very poorly advised.

tomb1234
I'd have him back, people forget the wage cuts during admin we got a fee for him...i'd take him back.

silverbear
For me, the main reason I'm disappointed in the man was because he didn't behave like a Rangers captain. Contrast and compare him to how big jig handled himself, at a time when jig wasn't the captain!'n
Davis should have stepped up and led by example, he never had the fight or the bottle, so for those reasons alone he isn't good enough to play for us!

ShawlandsBIB
12-02-2013, 08:49
Nae Barry nae Rangers........

What does this even mean?

fivestarblue
12-02-2013, 08:50
I'm going to go against popular opinion here but I can't help but think we are going to need very bit of quality we can get if we are to get back to the top ASAP. I don't think we can cut off our nose to spite our face especially if we find we are toiling to regain our rightful place.

Hammerinho
12-02-2013, 08:50
Phuck off you traitorous cant.

whatamunson
12-02-2013, 08:52
Didn't like him first time round, found him really frustrating. He was a terrible captain.

Haining84
12-02-2013, 08:53
The press conference and comments made should see them shot if a Rangers man ever becomes a world dictator.

It was Naismith and Whittaker that did the press conference!

adidasler
12-02-2013, 08:53

Some of the revisionist p*sh about Davis the player, more than any other that left, on here, is laughable.

His embarassingly poor performaces as a captain and player far out-weighed his good ones.........by quite a stretch.

Ali Baba
12-02-2013, 08:55
hi steven if your looking in **** off.you were our captain(not the best in my opinion)you should have transferred across to the new company and left us then.You were as bad if not worse than naysmith and whittaker.I'd hope never to see you at Ibrox ever again.

frankieboy
12-02-2013, 08:55

Utter disgrace

Exactly mate,he couldn't wait to leave.
Steve,take some advice,stay away.

ruglenbear
12-02-2013, 08:59
Another interview and still no apology

Have any of these traitors actually said sorry to the fans?

Honestly, if they did I would leave it at that but none of the turncoat rats appear to have any real remorse

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 08:59
His embarassingly poor performaces as a captain and player far out-weighed his good ones.........by quite a stretch.

Complete nonsense.

Davis who “hid in big games” like, the two OF games at home last season, when he was arguably our best player on the park in both.

His second half display in the first game in particular was outstanding.

His lung wrecking display in the LC Final the season before, his display in Lisbon, his displays during the 09-10 season.

Sure, he had games when he wasn’t at his best, but lets not sit here and talk sh*t about how good a player he was for us eh.

He was judged as a Captain before a ball was even kicked because he was a bit of a quiet guy, didn’t shout and scream in peoples face etc, maybe on the park he wasn’t like that.

To lay the blame at the door of Davis for how the players acted in the summer because he was Captain, meh, not for me.

Dunantblue
12-02-2013, 09:00

Well you made your bed.

Absolute nonsense. Regular starter and in recent weeks has been outstanding. Superb against Manchester City.

Dunantblue
12-02-2013, 09:01
Complete nonsense.

Davis who “hid in big games” like, the two OF games at home last season, when he was arguably our best player on the park in both.

His lung wrecking display in the LC Final the season before, his display in Lisbon, his displays during the 09-10 season.

Sure, he had games when he wasn’t at his best, but lets not sit here and talk sh*t about how good a player he was for us eh.

He was judged as a Captain before a ball was even kicked because he was a bit of a quiet guy, didn’t shout and scream in peoples face etc, maybe on the park he wasn’t like that.

To lay the blame at the door of Davis for how the players acted in the summer because he was Captain, meh, not for me.

Super post mate. Well done and hear hear.

montyplums
12-02-2013, 09:01
Nah, not for me Steven

biggee
12-02-2013, 09:04
It is my understanding that the SFA are still witholding the transfer fee.

If this is the case then its unacceptable and CG should be pursuing them for this and indeed other money we are due, if not, he is failing badly. I recall Fergus Mcanns, 'one thin dime statement ' of yesteryear and we should be adopting this attitude in chasing every last dime owed.

devilman
The fact he left was fine when you think about it. I can to an extent understand why he left and to be fair, he would have had to take a massive wage decrease to actually be worthwhile keeping on board.

However, the bigger point was he did not play to his abilities. He did not appear to give his all for us and that should be enough reason to bring him back.

I like Steven Davis and actually think he's a very, very good player. However, he's a Rangers fan and couldn't muster the effort to put his all in. Was given the chance to captain the club and just didn't shine.

Not for me. Unless he came back on a smaller wage and change his attitude and effort he's be pointless for us.

adidasler
Complete nonsense.

And you call my post nonsense (?)

You really think Davis was a success? Deluded doesn`t really cover it.

He had a handful of decent performances then left under a cloud.

Black_Mold
12-02-2013, 09:05
Steven Davis, like everyone else (at least the established players) who left in the summer, was extremely well paid by Rangers.

If he had transferred over, he would have been sold anyway. He took the money and the chance to play in the PL over being loyal to Rangers, and he did so as captain of the club.

On his day he was an excellent player for us, but he was never consistent enough. He'll be at least 30 when he leaves Southampton, and he'll be past his best by then.

He may think he had no choice but to do what he did, but many Rangers fans will disagree and won't want him back. I certainly don't.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 09:05

During his time with us?

Don’t talk sh*t.

exilebear
12-02-2013, 09:06
The fee appeared after the fans backlash. Vastly overpaid during his stint and never good enough to be our Captain but he is the sort that wouldnt think twice about walking through the main door and taking a free seat in the stand given the chance. Not welcome.

Blues_and_Twos
12-02-2013, 09:07
Nah, yer awright Stevie.

Bowery Boys

You're having a laugh.

adidasler
During his time with us?

Don’t talk sh*t.

Drop the bravado, you look like a clown.

Where would you put Davis in the top 20 Rangers Captains of all time?

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 09:08
Drop the bravado, you look like a clown.

Where would you put Davis in the top 20 Rangers Captains of all time?

Well down the list, what’s your point?

gersmad
12-02-2013, 09:10
''And as the first anniversary of Rangers going into administration is ready to be marked on Thursday ''

Just another cheap jibe by the Daily Rebel.

Nothing story by Davis, none of those who left will ever kick a ball for Rangers again.

What would be gained by either the player or the club except divisions within the fans ( or is that the idea from the daily rebel ).

Those that left are part of our history not our future, and those who grew up as Bears need to deal with it in private, telling your versions to the Rangers hating media is not a good start.

gertilidie
12-02-2013, 09:10

You need to calm it, that's the 2nd post I've read that you want people deaf

adidasler
12-02-2013, 09:11
Well down the list, what’s your point?

My point is straightforward.

Davis, for his wages and reputation, was poor.

In the second half of his last season in particular he contributed nothing while we crumbled.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 09:13
My point is straightforward.

Davis, for his wages and reputation, was poor.

In the second half of his last season in particular he contributed nothing while we crumbled.

He was pretty much consistently one of our top 3 performers during 3IAR and a run to a European Final.

He played for us for more than 6 months.

I cannot stress enough the complete nonsense that is “he had a handful of decent performances for us”.

RangersNumberFour
12-02-2013, 09:13
It's amazing how out of touch the ex players are with how most Rangers fans feel about them

adidasler
12-02-2013, 09:14
He was pretty much consistently one of our top 3 performers during 3IAR and a run to a European Final.

He played for us for more than 6 months.

I cannot stress enough the complete nonsense that is “he had a handful of decent performances for us”.

Likewise, "he was consistantly one of our top performers".

orkney1977
12-02-2013, 09:16
The only Steve Davis I would welcome through the doors of Ibrox is the one who scores 147s .... There aint another one IMO... End of .

fbshd
12-02-2013, 09:17
As far as I'm concerned Stevie, let me explain it to you like yer a five year old.

You were captain of a group of footballers who agreed to wave 25% of your wages to keep our club alive. There are rumours and conjecture about your personal role in this. The fact remains, this happened, and in return, as a debt of gratitude, you would get a 'Golden Ticket' to the Rangers gravy train.

Several players, including you, the captain, decided to cash in that ticket, and get off the train. Your choice, nobody else's. The fact that Southampton paid a fee, is neither here nor there.

As far as I'm concerned, it matters not a jot that you want to be subbed 5 minutes before the end of a game so that you can get to see the Rangers result come in or that you've found a gite by a stream, and when you drink from the stream, you turn into Zidane. You gave up your 'Golden Ticket'.

Your previous actions as a Rangers player, as far as I'm concerned, afford you the courtesy of politeness.

I wish you all the best for the future Stevie, but you'll never play for Rangers again. Any Rangers Manager that thinks differently, will cause turmoil in the stands.

FBS

hagi bear
12-02-2013, 09:18
People who think Davis earns more at Southampton than the £28,000 he earned at Ibrox are deluded

Goughie1873
12-02-2013, 09:22
Steven who ????

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 09:23
Likewise, "he was consistantly one of our top performers".

The difference is.

I can sit here and justify my comments, in terms of influence Weir, McGregor and Davis were the constants in that side.

Davis had about 50 assists for us, stared in games during our run to Europe, scored vital goals in league deciding games, bossed League Cup Finals and Semi Finals, was visibly to anyone with a hole in their arse our best player during one of the seasons.

I can put forward a decent case.

You are actually trying to say he had a handful of good games for us. :D

glenso
12-02-2013, 09:25
So we get 800k (through no pushing by Davis BTW), for a club and international captain, who cost us in the region of £3.5 million, and who had just signed a five year deal!!
Is that the way the market now works?
Yeah, sure come back, all is rosy, even Donchaster says so.....

BlueWorldOrder
12-02-2013, 09:26
Don't even want him doing the half time draw.

imager
12-02-2013, 09:29
A Rangers Captain should be a leader, the fulcrum of the Team on the park and the focal point for the Support off of it, Davis failed on both counts, his conduct during the dark times of Administration mirrored his frequent disappearing tricks on the pitch, a disgrace who fuc.ked off as soon as he could, £££ are more important to him than the Rangers,

Fu.ck him, he's as dead to me as Lafferty, Naismith, Whittaker and McGregor!

Gerdownthere
the heart of a mouse

not for me thanks Steven

oh and we only got a few quid for you because someone at southampton thought it was wrong to just take a player for free and they didnt want embroiled in any ongoing court case as Green was threatening to sue at the time

gertilidie
A few statements from that article are
Rangers newco, administration followed lby liquidation and Rangers went out of business

I'd say the DR got their point over perfectly

The_Gub
12-02-2013, 09:30
A couple of things stand out for me here.

1 - Hated the way he left.

2 - He was a good and creative player for us, no question.

3 - He wasn't captain material? That much is true, but that is the sort of player he was. Not all players are 'born leaders of men'. That appointment was a managerial mistake.

Dave Smith was a silkier player than Greig but Greig was a captain.

Derek Johstone was a far better footballer than Tom Forsyth when Greig stepped into the manager's role, but either Tom Forsyth or Alex McDonald were the natural captains in the side.

So leave me out of the 'he was a shit captain' stuff.

Not that I would myself, but any of you out there who talk to yahoos about the Old Firm; ask them who they would rather have had as captain in the 1980s; Aitken or McStay or Nicholas?

kclarkhall
12-02-2013, 09:31
No thank you Steven, you aren't welcome.

Disgrace of a captain.

modfella
12-02-2013, 09:33
No thanks! He left before Southampton agreed to pay a fee for him.
None of the players who left during the uncertainty should be welcomed back IMO.

Nail on head, Davis is trying to paint over history with his version of events.
As Captain of the club he should have given the support an explanation instead he f ucked off at the first opportunity.
I will never welcome him back to Ibrox.

Ozbarcode
12-02-2013, 09:35
Why are people still posting stuff from this newspaper? There is no picking & choosing what article can be commented on or not. Blanket ban please. No more threads that originate from this rhag.

47blue
12-02-2013, 09:35
insipid at best,no thank you

burnleybank8463
12-02-2013, 09:36
I'd be amenable to him returning.

Good technical player in my opinion.

Also extremely fit and mobile, assuming that he is still in good condition and has no injuries.

Perhaps best suited to focussing on playing only however -- the captaincy is already well served by McCulloch and Wallace.

ianb11
12-02-2013, 09:38
STEVEN DAVIS left Rangers with a heavy heart and a clear conscience as Southampton paid the Ibrox newco an £800,000 fee for him.

He's having a giraffe with that one.

No thanks from me.

verticalstripes
12-02-2013, 09:39
Can`t believe the vitriol on here for Steven Davis. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Moses Brox
12-02-2013, 09:43
To be honest I wish we'd stop even mentioning those that left. They left an unpleasant taste in the mouth (particularly Naismith and Whittaker) but they are gone and I'd rather focus on those who stayed. That said I think Davis coming back would be a bad idea all round. He was great in spells in his first period but I don't really think anyone should come back and certainly not one of this lot.

I wish them no ill but they made their choice and must live with it.

Jpooler92
12-02-2013, 09:50
No chance, the captain that never spoke once during the full saga

Mr Super Bad
12-02-2013, 09:51
I vaguely remember this chap - didn't he leave in the 2012 January transfer window?

Certainly don't recall seeing him about the place after that.

Worthy_Candidate
12-02-2013, 09:52

and you would know more about the deal than Davis himself ?

I am glad that Follow Follow has members with such great inside information.

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 09:52
The OP says he wasn't good enough first time round? I've heard it all now.

When bitterness clouds judgement to this extent, opinions can't be taken seriously.

Davis could play, and during his time at the club he was always one of our better players.

The manner of his leaving is smother debate, but if Ally was to sign him, we'd accept it and move on.

When supporter groups say one thing and do the exact opposite, and still behave as though nothing has happened, it's perfectly clear, we can be walked all over.

Papatango
12-02-2013, 09:54
Talking about the team in the past sense.

It's a no from me.

Funtime
12-02-2013, 09:54
Not Welcome !!!!!

Worthy_Candidate
12-02-2013, 09:55
Complete nonsense.

Great post and isn't it amazing how many people seem to know the ins and outs of the deal and fee that was arranged for Davis to leave?

leerfc51
12-02-2013, 09:56
Rangers captain my arse :( it pains me to think that these so called 'Rangers men' we once cherished, loved and supported up and down this country and Europe and they done that to us.

All they had to do was TUPE over to the new company, releasing a statement say they will be leaving, in dignity and respect, get our club some sort of fee, whether it have been 50,000 or 500,000 it would have been something. Some people may not have accepted that but i would have.

The manner and excuses they came up with to jump ship is sickening and I'll never forget it in our time of need where we needed strength and unity what the did to us the supporters and our Manager will Never be forgotten.

Ness, McCabe, Lafferty, Naismith and Davis should NEVER be welcomed at Ibrox ever again.

Pep_x
12-02-2013, 09:57
I'd take him back. It was a hellish situation in the summer which Green worked to his advantage placing the players in an impossible position. Hopefully one day we understand fully all that went on at that time.

Also we have just welcomed back Brian Laudrup when his departure was similarly contentious and we certainly never received £800k for him.

Black_Mold
12-02-2013, 09:58
The OP says he wasn't good enough first time round? I've heard it all now.

When bitterness clouds judgement to this extent, opinions can't be taken seriously.

Davis could play, and during his time at the club he was always one of our better players.

The manner of his leaving is smother debate, but if Ally was to sign him, we'd accept it and move on.

When supporter groups say one thing and do the exact opposite, and still behave as though nothing has happened, it's perfectly clear, we can be walked all over.

'Always'? Hardly. He should have been hands down the best midfielder in the country during his time with us, he was never consistent enough.

KingAlbertz
12-02-2013, 10:00
What arrogance!

To think he could walk back into our team.

Steven You are not wanted!

To think that you will step in 3 or 4 years down the line and unseat the likes of Lewis Macleod is delusional.

Stay in England Steven, you have won your last trophy.

JTB
12-02-2013, 10:00
Threads like this are never going to go down any other route than the abuse one.....this is as good as bin worthy.

andyzx9
12-02-2013, 10:01
Not for me pal.

Bill_McCai
12-02-2013, 10:04
Maurice Edu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Tim >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Steven Davis

Number_Eight
12-02-2013, 10:04
'Always'? Hardly. He should have been hands down the best midfielder in the country during his time with us, he was never consistent enough.

Trying to play down Davis's ability is nothing short of pathetic.

People are free to have issues with the manner of his leaving but when they run down his ability, as the OP has done, they cannot and should not be taken seriously.

Inconsistency visits even the greatest players, but Davis's ability as a footballer was never in doubt.

I wish we had a few like him now.

Black_Mold
12-02-2013, 10:06

People are free to have issues with the manner of his leaving but when they run down his ability, as the OP has done, they cannot and should not be taken seriously.

Inconsistency visits even the greatest players, but Davis's ability as a footballer was never in doubt.

He had plenty of ability, but didn't show it and dominate games often enough for me.

potnryan_2
12-02-2013, 10:06
Would love Davis back, cracking player

gilliangers
12-02-2013, 10:07
jog on steven!

imager
12-02-2013, 10:08

His ability is not in question, his heart is.

To use an old Military expression, he lacks moral fibre.

suramericaranger
12-02-2013, 10:08
He was the best player in the country on his day. Just a shame he didn't show up.

Reading his views on the Killie game pissed me off. The fans showed up to be counted. More can be said of Davis and his role as captain.

I'd rather you didn't come back Steven.

georgesky01
12-02-2013, 10:10
Et tu, Brute

The Goal Machine
12-02-2013, 10:10

I am with you on this one , pathetic.

Yes, these players let us down, but blank them from our history when they gave us such joy in 2008, never.

Bowery Boys
12-02-2013, 10:12

Jelavic was a 'waste of jersey', we 'over rated Naismith', McGregor was a 'dodgy goalie' and Davis was 'a shitebag'.

And we like to laugh at tims for their revisionism.

These guys were huge players for Rangers.

bilkobear
12-02-2013, 10:17
Steven Davis demonstrates the gravity and size that the position of Captain of Rangers represents better than anyone.

He was faced with an unprecedented situation that called for him to display features of leadership and loyalty demanding of the position and its responsibilities and he failed dismally.

When the Rangers ship needed a club captain more than we ever had done before in our history we found that he had left for shore in lifeboat leaving the rest of the crew and passengers to fend for themselves.

This is why any manager of Rangers must ensure that when we hand over that club armband it is given to the correct man, a leader and a man who can one day stand alongside other leaders like Meiklejohn, Vallance, Young, Greig and Gough.
We must never ever again see this given to a man with the heart of a mouse.

We will never forget you Davie Stevens.

basiltherat
12-02-2013, 10:18
What age will he be when he decides that he'd like to play for us again?

I think we need to be a bit smarter than signing ageing players looking for a final few years on top pay in a realtively easier league

Young hungry players out to prove something on whom we have at least a chance of making a return if they decide not to stay is the way to go

aldoshmaldo
12-02-2013, 10:18
I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

TrueBlueSFO
12-02-2013, 10:21
Wouldn't have him back. He completely lost his heart when then chips were down.

frankieboy
I can remember him having cracking games and remember him disappearng in others,no doubt about his ability when he turned up,but as Rangers captan he should have done more during the troubles we had,MacCulloch has shown how a Rangers captain should be like,unfortunately Davis decided he wasn't up for it.

Greenock_Ger1983
I have no hate for him. Can understand why he left. Can understand why they all left.

Brian_Fantana
12-02-2013, 10:22
Carlos bocanegra, Maurice edu & dorin goian.

They are better Rangers men than you can ever dream to be.

Captain my arse.

Wily 7
12-02-2013, 10:33
“If everything goes to the plan I have in my head I’d like to come back and play for the club again before my career ends".

Keep believing Steven. Haste ye back!.

JammiesBear
12-02-2013, 10:33
I wouldn't even let him watch us un tv

bluebear
12-02-2013, 10:34
Whats up Steven? Realised the grass aint always greener on the otherside?

You done walking away. Thats unforgivable in my eyes. Enjoy your time at Doncaster or the likes in a couple of years.

BermondseyBear
12-02-2013, 10:35
Would love Davis back, cracking player

I thought he dissappeared up his arse in a lot of games, never a rangers captain

Sebo_Scores_For_Fun
12-02-2013, 10:36
GTF Davis, don't darken our door again.

jose12
12-02-2013, 10:37
Eh don't think so,, you had your chance to prove how much you loved the club,, you chose to leave.

soapysoutar
12-02-2013, 10:39
If he plays for free, then yes, otherwise gtf ya cowardly bassa

Dunantblue
12-02-2013, 10:39
It is ironic how much people bump their gums about celtic pulling in high fees for players.

They consistently talk their players up. Yet we consistently talk our players down.

The bitterness towards Davis now clouds all reason, but it is not isolated to after the fact. He used to get terrible abuse on here when he played with us.

Yet, at the time he was the best midfielder in the country - certainly a better and more consistently influential performer than anyone the mhanky mhob had playing for them.

But we never recognised it, preferring to call him a coward, accuse him of hiding and consistently talking him down.

adidasler
12-02-2013, 10:43
It is ironic how much people bump their gums about celtic pulling in high fees for players.

They consistently talk their players up. Yet we consistently talk our players down.

The bitterness towards Davis now clouds all reason, but it is not isolated to after the fact. He used to get terrible abuse on here when he played with us.

Yet, at the time he was the best midfielder in the country - certainly a better and more consistently influential performer than anyone the mhanky mhob had playing for them.

But we never recognised it, preferring to call him a coward, accuse him of hiding and consistently talking him down.

Surely you don`t think we just simply chose to criticise him?

I have seen the good in Steven Davis, which makes the fact that he became a source of such frustration and disappointment even harder to take.

bornabluenose
12-02-2013, 10:46
Davis has ability, of that there is no doubt, he was never Captain material but that's another argument .

Should he return , not for me ,we may well have received a fee for him but it was nowhere near his true value.

He chose his path and there really should be no going back in this instance .

garyw09
12-02-2013, 10:47
He was a good player but never a Rangers captain, far too inconsistent.

papasmurf
12-02-2013, 10:47

I for one never gave him abuse, but I did, on a number of occasions mention that he was one of the worst captains we ever had. Useless motivator on the park. Then when we went into admin, did we hear frmo him? Did we fook. I got shot down on here for it. But when the likes of Jig, Wallace etc were making statements to the fans, where was our club captain and leader of men? No where to be seen.

I'm sure as a man, he is a decent enough guy. But as a football player, he showed no loyalty, no morals and no backbone. You had your chance, and you chose to leave.

Hampshire Bear
12-02-2013, 10:51
I love the fact that the little rat bag tries to make out that he got us a fee.

You're not welcome back, even as a fan, as far as I'm concerned!

azoots217
12-02-2013, 10:52
No thanks Steve , just you stay where you are

blueman14
12-02-2013, 10:53
All he had to do was transfer over to the newco and he would have still got his move and be on side with the fans.

He chose the money so feck him.

GMonty
12-02-2013, 10:56
No thanks and please don't visit

davie8291
12-02-2013, 10:58
No thanks.

TimzRFudz
12-02-2013, 11:04
I can't believe folk cutting him slack on here. He was our CAPTAIN ffs.

The fact that he said the square root of **** all about our predicament and then slopped off out the back door to a third rate EPL side tells me all I need to know about Steven Davis.

To be clear - he had he stayed, tuped over, left us with a decent fee and came out and spoke his mind as the supposed leader of the group of players then he would have gone with my blessing.

I'm cringing at him using that arsewipe of a paper to try to smooth things out with the fans and potentially pave the way for a return. Some people have no shame.

(As for Davis the player, on his day undoubtedly the best midfielder in the SPL. Wasn't on his day often enough though. Moaned to get played through the middle and disappeared when he did. Regardless, my thoughts about him now are nothing to do with his playing abilities).

Sebo1873
12-02-2013, 11:08
He didn'y go as far as Naisy and Greegsy by saying we were dead and no longer the same club etc but he still turned his back on us and when he left, at the time he did NOT know we would be getting money for him so he can cut the B.S. More importantly i think he was over-rated, he had some standout performances yes but he would disappear in alot of games and for the amount of wages he was on i don't think he was worth it to be perfectly honest.

jason 1121
12-02-2013, 11:13
No thanks,he couldn't have left any quicker.

Kaiserbear53
12-02-2013, 11:14
Not Welcome

mad4rfcme
12-02-2013, 11:17
Love the wee man but he let us down badly.

TN8
12-02-2013, 11:22
No thankyou Steven.

Go f*ck yourself son.

weetam3106
12-02-2013, 11:22
I would like him to explain to the fans his actions, why he chose NOT to tupe over to the newco and allow the newco a full transfer fee on his departure. On whose advice did he act and why. Then, I will reassess whether he really was a self serving toerag or whether in the face of all evidence available to him he took the best course of action.

I have no idea what went on at Ibrox over that period of time, there seemed a lot of uncertainty and a lot moved quicker than rats up a drainpipe when the least bit of trouble reared its head.

One thing for sure, he did NOT act like a captain and perhaps for that reason we should never trust him again.

Rabenutam
12-02-2013, 11:30
No from me, hope he does well in the game and in life. But he made his choice as we all do, he has to live with that .

gersmad
12-02-2013, 11:37
If these players who left feel the need to get it off their chests please do it through the club website or official programme.

Stop giving the Rangers hating media the ammunition to hurl more crap at our club.

melbbear
12-02-2013, 11:41

only got the money after green had talks with them . think club chairman and green old mates. he fecked of with the othere feckers.

wadey
12-02-2013, 11:44
No f#ck off you shitebag

Blackpool Dave
12-02-2013, 11:46
I'd have him back, people forget the wage cuts during admin we got a fee for him...i'd take him back.

And do you think for one minute he will be accepted by the bears no chance.

18kjmmd73
12-02-2013, 11:55
We never got the money though did we ?
Southampton gave the SFA the money....

Rangers2011
12-02-2013, 11:56
No thanks, apart from anything else you cant count on 1 hand how mant good games he had for us.

1988Ger
12-02-2013, 11:56
No thanks "captain".

Black_Mold
12-02-2013, 11:57
Oh dear. Yes, Steven Davis had, at most, 4 good games for Rangers. :roll:

I think he could have been better for us, but that is just nonsense.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 12:01
No thanks, apart from anything else you cant count on 1 hand how mant good games he had for us.

Name them?

bigwalter
12-02-2013, 12:09
Get to f*ck davis you little rhat.

You walked out on us when times got hard, you cannot walk back in!

ruggybear
12-02-2013, 12:15
I think in time people would accept it, glad we got something for him at least, which hopefully he had something to do with.

SurreyBear73
12-02-2013, 12:16
He can f**k off the gutless little wank.

marco1dg
12-02-2013, 12:23
so the captain jumps ship , and all our kids etc do the hard slog and all the dirty work and then u wanna come back when we WILL be back at the top ??? eemmmmmmmmmmmmm , no thanks :mad:

alir
12-02-2013, 12:28
He should not be welcome back as a fan or a player!

rbedet
12-02-2013, 12:30

Do you genuinely believe this or just saying it because he left?

If you genuinely believe Davis only had 4 or 5 good games for us during his time here then I suggest you look back at Davis' career at Ibrox and think again.

turrabear
12-02-2013, 12:31
a captain should go down with his ship. unlike you davis you rat.

UnionRangers
12-02-2013, 12:32
one of the biggest shitebags to ever wear our jersey.

Disco2000
12-02-2013, 12:33

The revisionist p!sh goes both ways with Davis. He had more poor to average games for us than anything else tbh especially when played in his preferred central role.

Sam_English
12-02-2013, 12:34
He made his bed..........

Shotters Nation
12-02-2013, 12:35
I lump Davis into the same category as Edu, Fleck and co who got us a fee for them moving.

He was far too good a player to stay and play in the 3rd division therefore I don’t blame him for leaving. Even if he transferred contract, he'd have been sold the next day anyway as no way would Green have allowed a player on "20k + p/w to stay with us :D

He got us a fee of £800k (not his fault the SFA didn't forward it on) and didn’t bad mouth the club when he left and therefore I’d take him back in a few years time.

I keep seeing a lot of posts about him being a poor captain and being compared to Davie Weir. I agree he wasn’t captain material however, was it his fault that he was chosen?

If you were in his shoes, played for the club you grew up loving and your manager gives you the armband are you honestly going to reject it? No chance.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 12:35
The revisionist p!sh goes both ways with Davis. He had more poor to average games for us than anything else tbh especially when played in his preferred central role.

See every post I have read in his defence as a footballer has said he had the odd poor game.

The posts against him are a “handful of good games” and “5 or so decent games” “went missing in big games”.

As I say, revisionist p*sh.

The_Glorious_12th
12-02-2013, 12:36
Us getting a fee for him was nothing to do with him.

He left in our hour of need, and that will never be forgotten. To hell with him.

Dave_Rfc
12-02-2013, 12:36
He can fu.ck off. Judas cu.nt

Disco2000
12-02-2013, 12:37
See every post I have read in his defence as a footballer has said he had the odd poor game.

The posts against him are a “handful of good games” and “5 or so decent games” “went missing in big games”.

As I say, revisionist p*sh.

And as I say, it goes both ways.

He had more than the odd poor game. He had very few good games in the middle, he was a lot better when out on the right.

JellaFella
12-02-2013, 12:37
And as I say, it goes both ways.

He had more than the odd poor game. He had very few good games in the middle, he was a lot better when out on the right.

Sort of justifying my point…..

He was better on the right though would agree with that.

Pep_x
12-02-2013, 12:38
Lindsay Herron ‏@rfc_lindsay

Many sceptical of Steve Davis comments on returning to #RFC and understandably but I know he and his agent were involved in fee being paid.

A few posts on here are very harsh on Davis to be honest.

coolk
12-02-2013, 12:42
RFC_Lindsay also saying we did receive the money for him.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
12-02-2013, 12:43
A lot of folk being a bit harsh on Davis imo

®f©_W.A.T.P_®f©,
12-02-2013, 12:45
No thanks Steven, you shut the door on us instead of staying for the fight, door is not open for you.

Alex_77
12-02-2013, 12:47
He's had his chance

metalscobes666
12-02-2013, 12:48
No no and no Steven youll never be welcome at Ibrox again

delboi
12-02-2013, 12:49
Aye thanks, Steve, we'll take you back for one last pay day & be unable to sell you on for any profit...right you are! You could have stayed with Jig, Wallace, Alexander et al, but you left...let's just leave it at that.

Worthy_Candidate
12-02-2013, 12:50
Lindsay Herron ‏@rfc_lindsay

Many sceptical of Steve Davis comments on returning to #RFC and understandably but I know he and his agent were involved in fee being paid.

A few posts on here are very harsh on Davis to be honest.

What would Lindsay know about the deal, other than the fact he knows Dvis personally, works for the club and it is his job to know these things?

Sorry, but we have the wisdom, insight and insider knowledge of the FF brigade to put us right on what did and didn't happen with Davis' transfer.

Disco2000
12-02-2013, 12:52
Sort of justifying my point…..

lol, it probably does :o tbh I didn't read your post properly :o

Good point I say :D

ewankenobi
12-02-2013, 12:58
sometimes I think the vitriol for the players that left is over the top, but how the **** can he swanny off when things get a bit tough and then expect to waltz back when its all better.

No thanks

auldashy21
12-02-2013, 13:04
he can **** off

RFC_Champions
12-02-2013, 13:08
Steven Davis, you'll never be a fraction of the loyal men such as lee Wallace, McCulloch etc.

Captain??? Don't make me laugh....

Mr Super Bad
12-02-2013, 13:10
Am I the only one who gets a bit qeasy when millionaire footballers start talking about 'having to do the best for my family'?

The way they go on you'd think they were farmers in the Great depression whose crops failed.

jackdaniels78
12-02-2013, 13:13
Would have hoped the captain of our club would have acted differently. OK Southampton paid a fee (which the club never received) but this is only because they wanted to avoid the legal case and was nothing to do with Davis.

If he had transferred over then negotiated a deal to go a would wish him all the best.

craigyknows
12-02-2013, 13:13
I hate these type of articles - even the bloody endless Rino ones. If they truly loved the club they would be here, end of.

mccann_gers
12-02-2013, 13:15
What? Come back when all the hard works been done?

You could have stayed and became a legend.

hazybear
12-02-2013, 13:18
Aye, and see that Gio van B, Wee Rino, and that Mikel Arteta,
they can go and stuff thereselves as well.

How dare they all go to play at a higher level, when they could have stayed with us.

Shotters Nation
12-02-2013, 13:19
Would have hoped the captain of our club would have acted differently. OK Southampton paid a fee (which the club never received) but this is only because they wanted to avoid the legal case and was nothing to do with Davis.
If he had transferred over then negotiated a deal to go a would wish him all the best.

Lindsay Herron at Rangers has just confirmed on twitter that

a - Rangers got the money
b - Davis was key in getting Southampton to cough up for him

Eastender
12-02-2013, 13:29
F*ck off captain Shi*ebag

Worthy_Candidate
12-02-2013, 13:34
Lindsay Herron at Rangers has just confirmed on twitter that

a - Rangers got the money
b - Davis was key in getting Southampton to cough up for him

You are wasting your time. jackdaniels78 knows far more about the ins and outs of a complex deal than Lindsay Herron.

Obviously.

KirkconnelBear
12-02-2013, 13:35
He was a good player for us.

He was also a horrible wee jump the dyke shitebag at the end.

No thanks.

Lizzy's 11
12-02-2013, 13:36
He could walk on glass from Southampton to Ibrox and I'd still happily see him turned away at the front door.

53easy
12-02-2013, 13:40
Did the OP claiming Davis wasn't good enough for Rangers set the tone for the rest of the thread?

Davis is a good footballer

Lizzy's 11
12-02-2013, 13:41
Aye, and see that Gio van B, Wee Rino, and that Mikel Arteta,
they can go and stuff thereselves as well.

How dare they all go to play at a higher level, when they could have stayed with us.

Ahaha

But lets just ignore that it's a completely different situation and that we got near on £15 million pounds in total for those three players

True Blue 1972
12-02-2013, 13:44
Nowhere near the worst of the rats by any stretch of the imagination, but why was he made a captain in the first place? Yet another baffling decision by McCoist!

UnionRangers
12-02-2013, 13:46
I'll say this for the wee prick - he is the worthy champion of the "World record holder for hide and seek'.

The areshole went missing for months with us and was nowhere to be seen when the going got tough. Loves a bit of hiding does our Steven !!

NEVER welcome back !!!! :mad:

Rangers2011
12-02-2013, 13:49
Do you genuinely believe this or just saying it because he left?

If you genuinely believe Davis only had 4 or 5 good games for us during his time here then I suggest you look back at Davis' career at Ibrox and think again.

He was poor most of the time he was here. His best spell was when he was on loan imo.

I dont blame him mate it's what happens to players at Rangers, it's a holiday camp most of the time. You just need to see the way players play at other clubs to see this, mostly it's due to the fact they are never fit with our training.

Derek76
12-02-2013, 13:57
He was a good player for us, not a good captain, and did not leave the way he should have.

He would not be welcomed back by the vast majority of fans.

The ones that are(were) Rangers fans must know by now that the support will never forgive them and are maybe starting to regret the choices they made in the summer, maybe its hard for them to look at themselves in the mirror.

Lets face it when we have 150, 160, 170 years anniversary - do you think any of them will be invited back?

ICA_86
12-02-2013, 13:58
I think it's quite sad that the likes of Davis and Naismith won't ever be near Ibrox again because I don't believe for a second that they aren't born and brought-up Rangers men.

But....while I think it's sad, I agree with the attitudes towards them. They realised what the reaction would be, yet they still chose to do it when the option was there to stay.

Göteborg-Rangers
12-02-2013, 14:00
It astounds me that some people don't class him the same as Lafferty, Naismith and McGregor.

We ONLY got money for him because we agreed a deal with Southampton AFTER he did the dirty and left. He is exactly the same as the rest.

mitchellenman
no thanks scab

ICA_86
It astounds me that some people don't class him the same as Lafferty, Naismith and McGregor.

We ONLY got money for him because we agreed a deal with Southampton AFTER he did the dirty and left. He is exactly the same as the rest.

Agreed.

I don't think money came into it when he left, little was he to know we'd get £800,000 eventually.

adidasler
12-02-2013, 14:02
He was poor most of the time he was here. His best spell was when he was on loan imo.

I dont blame him mate it's what happens to players at Rangers, it's a holiday camp most of the time. You just need to see the way players play at other clubs to see this, mostly it's due to the fact they are never fit with our training.

I agree, very frustrating.

Reading some of the stuff on here you would think the guy was some sort of dynamic driving force consistantly. Simply not true.

the majority of the set pieces would have me screaming at the ground.

chairman
12-02-2013, 14:04
Jog along Steven

Northger
12-02-2013, 14:05
I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Ape and Essence
12-02-2013, 14:08
Worst captain ever.

ontheline
12-02-2013, 14:43
In our of desperate need you done what Steven?

Bowery Boys
12-02-2013, 14:44

According to Lindsay Herron, Davis and his agent played a part in Rangers receiving the money.

Stuart_WATP
12-02-2013, 14:45
Still baffled me how the wee sh*tebag was made captain anyway. Chase yourself Steven.

Asiablue
12-02-2013, 14:57
According to Lindsay Herron, Davis and his agent played a part in Rangers receiving the money.

if he never transferred from oldco to newco (tupe) how does newco get the transfer fee????

12-02-2013, 14:58
Not welcome back as far as I am concerned. He couldn't get out fast enough, and wants to come back when we can afford his wages again ffs

I defended him to the hilt when he played for the club, I wish I hadn't bothered

covloyalrsc
12-02-2013, 14:58
I'd welcome him back at Ibrox but only if he paid the ticket price like everyone else.

Bowery Boys
12-02-2013, 15:01
if he never transferred from oldco to newco (tupe) how does newco get the transfer fee????

The two clubs obviously came to an agreement.

Lindsay Herron confirmed today that we received money for him.

El Diablo
12-02-2013, 15:25
I don't dislike davis, but we have all moved on and I would rather find the next 'steven davis' than resign the old one.

Billyglasgow63
12-02-2013, 15:37
To be the captain of The Rangers is an honour bestowed on few people. The club and its fans are amongst the greatest in the world. Sadly some captains havent had the talent we had wished for but every one of them had the heart. I wouldnt expect mercenary footballers to stay when the club was put into the 3rd division but any Rangers man never mind the captain must have the decency to conduct himself in a proper and presbyterian manner.

Hopefully Davis if as he said comes back as a fan he is nowhere near me. I think him and Naismith are the lowest form of life to ever have worn our jersey. Green should make a statement that anybody who has walked away will never be allowed in the stadium again.

Mid East Bear
12-02-2013, 15:38
He found his true level when he left us. Nae games Steve.....what a shame.

Seldom good enough for the SPL...Mr 20%

Good enough for SFL2 perhaps....but he made his choice.

Asiablue
12-02-2013, 15:40
The two clubs obviously came to an agreement.

Lindsay Herron confirmed today that we received money for him.

Yes I saw his tweet that's why I am asking the question

Oatlands
12-02-2013, 15:42
Looks like he is setting us up as his retirement option. No thanks.

gscswift
12-02-2013, 16:10
In a few years I reckon he will back if we like it or not. After a while this will all wash over imo

Earl of Leven
12-02-2013, 16:10
I wish he'd done some interviews when we were being liquidated and he was captain...instead of vanishing.

stuart1972
12-02-2013, 16:14
He can get himself to ****! Never want him back in Ibrox again, Captain my arse

Black_Mold
12-02-2013, 16:16
He found his true level when he left us. Nae games Steve.....what a shame.

Seldom good enough for the SPL...Mr 20%

Good enough for SFL2 perhaps....but he made his choice.

He's a first team regular in the Premier League, that seems like a pretty good level to me.

The_Gub
12-02-2013, 16:22
Still baffled me how the wee sh*tebag was made captain anyway. Chase yourself Steven.

Blame the manager for that one.

bean
12-02-2013, 16:24
Davis wasnt good enough first time round. Up there with Craig Moore and Ricksen in the captaincy stakes

psychobillyboy
12-02-2013, 16:25
Never a captain and never a Ranger.

You abandoned us Steven and I for one would not welcome you back.