PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd/Sir Alex model/and the media

Flash 81
11-02-2013, 21:22
Now I'm not not a Man Utd by any means,but am I not right in thinking that, every press conference that Sir Alex does, the reporters are picked and prepped before hand on what questions are to be asked, and what ones are unsuitable, and if any reporter breaks that rule and asks questions, or writes an article that is negative towards Sir Alex or Man Utd in anyway then said reporter is banned from Old Trafford for two years? Can anyone clarify this? Because this a route I think we should go down because down south there a lot of big clubs so reporters can afford to be banned for a couple of years, where as up here there is only one club in the land, and every reporter/journalist would be wary to cross us ever again, definitely an option I think we should look at when the new Rangers Media is set up,what do you think? Any alternative suggestions?

Begbie's Moustache
11-02-2013, 21:29
It's not quite as organised as a 2-year ban (some people get banned for more, some far less) but it does happen.

As for the prepping - that should be standard form at every press conference or interview. A competent reporter should ask if anything is off-limits / off the record out of courtesy, and if the host tells you to avoid a subject then you should do.

A competent reporter will get the facts from another source anyway.

chilebear
11-02-2013, 21:33
People hate Fergie for his ways but he defends his club the right way.

Top_Cat
11-02-2013, 21:34
The media have been terrified of SAF for the last 30 years, he's a one man band

Nobody else aside from JM and Pep are afforded the same luxury, imo

two2tango
11-02-2013, 21:36
McCoist should say any questions other than about the team are off limits

Any business questions ask Chico

Anyone who asks questions not to the clubs liking is out the door and banned

Border Ranger
11-02-2013, 21:39
Fergie has just the right attitude for the press - barely disguised contempt. McCoist should take a leaf out of his book.

Gio Van Bronckhorst
11-02-2013, 21:45
Call my cynical but the reason Ferguson has never tried boycotting Sky is he doesn't want the Murdoch press in his life.

Note that he very rarely loses his cool with a Sky reporter.

Top_Cat
11-02-2013, 21:46
Call my cynical but the reason Ferguson has never tried boycotting Sky is he doesn't want the Murdoch press in his life.

What skeletons does SAF has in his closet?

Gio Van Bronckhorst
11-02-2013, 21:49
What skeletons does SAF has in his closet?

He might not have any but you still wouldn't want Murdochs sewer rats in your life.

They could try dig up that kiss & tell when he was at Aberdeen or his sons behavior.

Personally I think if someone looks at Bebe transfer they are going to find a bit of corruption there :ninja:

sirdrinksalot
11-02-2013, 21:50

He has lost it quite a few times with Geoff Shreeves :D

Gio Van Bronckhorst
11-02-2013, 21:51
He has lost it quite a few times with Geoff Shreeves :D

He can be quite narky with him and I remember the one he calls his question a load of bollocks.

There seems to be a line he won't cross with Sky that he will with everyone else :D

William McGavin
11-02-2013, 22:01
He should take a leaf out of Jovial Jim McLeans book and punch the reporter.

dentalbear
11-02-2013, 22:19
It's not quite as organised as a 2-year ban (some people get banned for more, some far less) but it does happen.

As for the prepping - that should be standard form at every press conference or interview. A competent reporter should ask if anything is off-limits / off the record out of courtesy, and if the host tells you to avoid a subject then you should do.

A competent reporter will get the facts from another source anyway.

And a Scottish reporter will sit in the boozer and make any old crap up about Rangers.