PDA

View Full Version : Strong Rumour That Edu is Going Out On Loan

Halfwaythere
10-01-2013, 23:29
From Stoke to Millwall, life in The Premiership hasn't been a bed of roses thus far.

supergers07
10-01-2013, 23:30
He's played once according to wiki

and it was as a sub

How will the Millwall 'faithful' react to Edu given their history of not exactly welcoming black players

Crouchy
10-01-2013, 23:32
He'll have to.

Was a terrible move for him.

Could end up costing in a WC spot.

LostSoulForever 2
10-01-2013, 23:32
It was a bad move for him, Tony Pulis doesn't like midfielders who can play football.

Newlands_loyal
10-01-2013, 23:35
It was a bad move for him, Tony Pulis doesn't like midfielders who can play football.

Mo playing football must have passed me by.

ClassicistBear
10-01-2013, 23:35
Good acquistion for Millwall.

Halfwaythere
10-01-2013, 23:38

and it was as a sub

How will the Millwall 'faithful' react to Edu given their history of not exactly welcoming black players

Millwall's player of the season last year was black, their stand in captain this season (much loved ) is black (Shittu).

Like Rangers fans, often unfairly tarnished. Don't believe everything you read about Millwall supporters.

paisleyprod
10-01-2013, 23:38
He wasn't a treacherous bastard was he?

Billyurksboots
10-01-2013, 23:42

and it was as a sub

Half of Millwall's team are 'black players'.

Jimmy Abdou's name is probably sung more than any other first-teamer.

There are arseholes in every support,even ours. Like the guy with the west of Scotland accent watching in the White Bear last season who shouted 'Ya useless black ****' at Edu, while standing behind a black guy with a Gers top on.

SasaPapac_Loyal
10-01-2013, 23:45
Why slag Edu off?

He transferred over and got the club a fee for him. Showed a lot more loyalty to the club than the likes of Naismith, Mcgregor, McCabe etc!

am proud 2 b blue
10-01-2013, 23:46
Don't think he ever had any intention of pulling on a Gers top again after the summer.

smkz23
10-01-2013, 23:48
Don't think he ever had any intention of pulling on a Gers top again after the summer.

Of course he didn't, why would he want to play Div 3 football? That wasn't what he signed up for.

hamiltonbear7
10-01-2013, 23:49

and me

Could chase people for fun though

paisleyprod
10-01-2013, 23:50
Contributed quite a bit to a successful spell.

am proud 2 b blue
10-01-2013, 23:50
Why slag Edu off?

He transferred over and got the club a fee for him. Showed a lot more loyalty to the club than the likes of Naismith, Mcgregor, McCabe etc!

How much did we get for him again?

Amurphrfc
10-01-2013, 23:52

and it was as a sub

They won't have a problem same as always.

Would be a good addition to the squad for Millwall until the end of the season.

The Big Cheese
10-01-2013, 23:55

Edu should've been right up his street then!!

Hendrixbear
11-01-2013, 00:00
I was just wondering if he was injured or something last weekend. I guess not. Mo stuck around and made sure we got some cash for him so he's alright in my book. Hopefully he can find some form and get his US place back.

LostSoulForever 2
11-01-2013, 00:01

Undisclosed fee.

martybroon
11-01-2013, 00:01

Care to elaborate on that :D

The Predator
11-01-2013, 00:02
Edu should've been right up his street then!!

Think there very harsh tbh.

hagi bear
11-01-2013, 00:02
Edu wasn't even good enough to dominate a midfield in the SPL. He was never going to start for a team like Stoke.

georgeclooney
11-01-2013, 00:03

Regardless of "how much did we get for him " at least he had the decency to transfer over and leave for a suitable fee . Unlike many others who should have known better. I have nothing but respect for all the USA Internationals who have played for the Rangers.

DadoPrso42
11-01-2013, 00:04
Edu wasn't even good enough to dominate a midfield in the SPL. He was never going to start for a team like Stoke.

True.

It was embarrassing the amount of games we would be overrun in the middle of the park by SPL dross with Maurice Edu in there. He was terrible. Played about 5 good games in his Rangers career.

am proud 2 b blue
11-01-2013, 00:05
Undisclosed fee.

okay, he transferred over, never played again (for some reason), and went for an undisclosed fee; but he's a good guy

okay

chenksy
11-01-2013, 00:06

Exactly, I wish the big guy nothing but the best, pity the "rangers" men didn't do things the way edu did

CaptainCourageous
11-01-2013, 00:07
Good player, wish we still had him in our side. Streets ahead of Black.

Hopefully he gets a decent move and regular football.

laudruplover11
11-01-2013, 00:08
Never has been or will be good enough to cut it in the EPL. A championship standard player. Wish him all the best though.

LostSoulForever 2
11-01-2013, 00:09
okay, he transferred over, never played again (for some reason), and went for an undisclosed fee; but he's a good guy

okay

There's these things in football called injuries, they are quite common you know.

Is it the undisclosed fee that's a problem for you? He transferred over, wasn't fit enough to play, but because we don't know how much he left for, that angers you?

bigwalter
11-01-2013, 00:11
and me

Could chase people for fun though

Sums him up perfectly, awful with the ball at his feet but could run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins.

am proud 2 b blue
11-01-2013, 00:11
There's these things in football called injuries, they are quite common you know.

Is it the undisclosed fee that's a problem for you? He transferred over, wasn't fit enough to play, but because we don't know how much he left for, that angers you?

I'm not angry, just don't think he ever wanted to play for Rangers again - 3rd division may have been beneath him.

When did he get injured again?

Edit - just saw you said he wasn't fit enough to play.

Okay, that's must be it then.

migsy323
11-01-2013, 00:13
True.

It was embarrassing the amount of games we would be overrun in the middle of the park by SPL dross with Maurice Edu in there. He was terrible. Played about 5 good games in his Rangers career.

Hear hear. I never rated him. Very very average at best

Mark Hateley
I wish edu all the best.

His goal against the scum will live deep in my memory of how we pounded them from start to finish knowing that a win would probably get us very close to the title.

He transferred over also so good on him.

He's black he's blue he wears the number 2 mo edu, mo edu.........

LostSoulForever 2
I'm not angry, just don't think he ever wanted to play for Rangers again - 3rd division may have been beneath him.

When did he get injured again?

He got injured playing for the national team.

I'm sure he wanted to leave because he believed he wouldn't get in the USA squad for the World Cup playing in the SFL for Rangers. You can hardly hold that against him can you?

He didn't refuse to play.

SpongebobSquarePass
11-01-2013, 00:21
Nothing against Mo Edu.

He was at best an average player, and not good enough for the EPL.

He was a panic signing to get the fans off Murrays back at the time. 2.5m spent on him and folk wonder that we got into financial trouble.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 00:31
Think there very harsh tbh.

Harsh?
Edu makes Ian Black look like Zinidine Zidane!

clubdeckg
11-01-2013, 00:34
Thought Stoke was a strange move for him. Hopefully gets a good move and a few games under his belt.

Good luck Edu

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 00:34
Nothing against Mo Edu.

He was at best an average player, and not good enough for the EPL.

He was a panic signing to get the fans off Murrays back at the time. 2.5m spent on him and folk wonder that we got into financial trouble.

Yip.
We paid more for Edu than Swansea did for Michu ffs!

TPABear
11-01-2013, 00:37
Good luck to him

KingAlbertz
11-01-2013, 00:45
I wish him well also.

Will unlike others always be welcome back at Ibrox.

Andy Weir
11-01-2013, 00:48
Don't hate on Edu.

He stayed and got us a fee so respect to him!

md1873
11-01-2013, 00:48
He didn't even make the bench when fit.

Even Ness gets to sit on the bench when not picked.

Edu wasn't good enough to even get to sit on the bench.

He seemed happy enough doing the corporate hospitality bit at the Britannia instead of actually playing.

derek5287
11-01-2013, 00:54
He did the right thing in the summer with regards to transferring his contract and getting us a fee for him. So have no bad feeling towards Edu and wish him all the best.

This doesn't disguise the fact that he wasn't a very god footballer and nowhere near good enough to play in the EPL.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 00:58
Harsh?

Does he f*ck.

Edu is far superior in every class of man & footballer than Ian Black will ever dream to be.

An integral part of a medal laden Rangers side. And deserves to be addressed as such instead of the pish you've spouted bitterly on this thread.

Andrew Mathieson
11-01-2013, 01:02
Harsh?

Pish Edu is twice the player Black is, may not have played much but i didn't see any premiership or even championship teams lining up for Black in the summer.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:04
Does he f*ck.

Edu is far superior in every class of man & footballer than Ian Black will ever dream to be.

An integral part of a medal laden Rangers side. And deserves to be addressed as such instead of the pish you've spouted bitterly on this thread.

Who'talkin pish now?
Edu was imho a very very poor footballer.
The fact that he's played 11 yes 11 mins of football this season would seem to back this up.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:05
Pish Edu is twice the player Black is, may not have played much but i didn't see any premiership or even championship teams lining up for Black in the summer.

See post above.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 01:08
Who'talkin pish now?
The fact that he's played 11 yes 11 mins of football this season would seem to back this up.

Choosing 11 minutes with a terrible Stoke side over 4 years at Ibrox is a weird thing to do.

Would make anyone think you've got & had (for a very long time) some sort of agenda against Edu.

How about his medals? And what of his caps? What do they back-up?

Amazing how easy it is to make these types of post seem silly. Says a lot about a poster.

Andrew Mathieson
11-01-2013, 01:08
See post above.

Didn't say he was or is a great footballer just stated that he is better than Ian Black. I'll create a poll and the FF public can call it.

SasaPapac_Loyal
11-01-2013, 01:11
Who'talkin pish now?

Jurgen Klinsmann obviously rates him and I'd take the word of him, Walter and Ally over "The Big Cheese" any day ;)

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:15
Choosing 11 minutes with a terrible Stoke side over 4 years at Ibrox is a weird thing to do.

Would make anyone think you've got & had (for a very long time) some sort of agenda against Edu.

How about his medals? And what of his caps? What do they back-up?

Amazing how easy it is to make these types of post seem silly. Says a lot about a poster.

Maurice Edu - a midfielder who could neither control or pass a ball.
As regards caps, Roy Aitken got more than Jim Baxter!!
Bitter? Not me, I simply don't rate the guy at all.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 01:18
Maurice Edu - a midfielder who could neither control or pass a ball.
As regards caps, Roy Aitken got more than Jim Baxter!!
Bitter? Not me, I simply don't rate the guy at all.

Your first sentence is retarded & an obvious lie.

Your second sentence is irrelevant. Especially so when you want to push these 11 meaningless minutes down folks throats.

Your final sentence is hilarious.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:27
Your first sentence is retarded & an obvious lie.

Your second sentence is irrelevant. Especially so when you want to push these 11 meaningless minutes down folks throats.

Your final sentence is hilarious.

You,like anyone else on here,are entitled to your opinion even if (as is the case) it's nonsense.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 01:31
You,like anyone else on here,are entitled to your opinion even if (as is the case) it's nonsense.

Yours ties in with Tony Pulis. Well done.

My opinion? Well, only Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Jurgen Klinsmann, Bob Bradley & Bruce Arena agree with mine.

That's quite good that you found 11 minutes & Tony Pulis (that well known superstar finder & creator) to back you up. It's a heavyweight argument.

Nonsense indeed.

Helstead
11-01-2013, 01:36
I don't know why they bothered with Edu in the first place ,between the midfielders they had and bought during the summer it was always going to be tough for him to get a regular spot in the first place.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:36
Yours ties in with Tony Pulis. Well done.

My opinion? Well, only Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Jurgen Klinsmann, Bob Bradley & Bruce Arena agree with mine.

Nonsense indeed.

Whoopee feckin doo!
You rate him.I don't.
Get over yourself.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:37
I don't know why they bothered with Edu in the first place ,between the midfielders they had and bought during the summer it was always going to be tough for him to get a regular spot in the first place.

Slim and none!

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 01:46
Slim and none!

Amazing how obsessed you are in a man you say you simply don't rate.

Most folk would have just said their piece & left it. Not you though eh?

You want to make sure you've rattled home you're extremely strong opinion on a player that played a part in winning us medals AND THEN contribute to keeping the club alive whilst on it's knees.

But still. It's lucky that classlessness of this natures is hugely outnumbered at Ibrox. Not extinct though unfortunately.

LostSoulForever 2
11-01-2013, 01:46
TBC's obsession with trolling any and all Edu threads is rather odd.

NorseGod
11-01-2013, 01:47
Edu. 6 foot 2 and when he went for a ball in the air, he was 5 foot 8. Couldn't head a ball, tackle well or find a team mate with a pass. Much nmaligned from our stands and rightly so. He was half-hearted at best. Black way better than Edu.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:48
Amazing how obsessed you are in a man you say you simply don't rate.

Most folk would have just said their piece & left it. Not you though eh?

You want to make sure you've rattled home you're extremely strong opinion on a player that played a part in winning us medals AND THEN contribute to keeping the club alive whilst on it's knees.

But still. It's lucky that classlessness of this natures is hugely outnumbered at Ibrox. Not extinct though unfortunately.

For the second time.

Get over yourself!

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 01:49
Edu. 6 foot 2 and when he went for a ball in the air, he was 5 foot 8. Couldn't head a ball, tackle well or find a team mate with a pass. Much nmaligned from our stands and rightly so. He was half-hearted at best. Black way better than Edu.

Aye, looked really small beating the Valencia keeper in the air to score a champions league goal for us.

george van damme
11-01-2013, 01:50
From Stoke to Millwall, life in The Premiership hasn't been a bed of roses thus far.

No wonder, he's a dreadful player that would be taken apart in the EPL. He was barely good enough for the SPL.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:51
TBC's obsession with trolling any and all Edu threads is rather odd.

Hiya pal!
Was wondering where you were,I was gettin worried.
I can rest easy now.

NorseGod
11-01-2013, 01:51
Aye, looked really small beating the Valencia keeper in the air tons pre a champions league goal for us.

Then stuck it in our net too. Guy was hopeless, hapless n helpless. Bye Mo.:D

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 01:53
Aye, looked really small beating the Valencia keeper in the air tons pre a champions league goal for us.

Where do you start with this?????

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 01:56
Where do you start with this?????

Have a bash.

Your debating skills have already been embarrassed in this thread so you have a chance to redeem yourself.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 02:00
Have a bash.

Your debating skills have already been embarrassed in this thread so you have a chance to redeem yourself.

Debate? There is no debate, the guy can't play!

Le_Scotty
11-01-2013, 02:00
I was never his biggest fan as a player and remember his signing being something of a panic buy when Murray was getting some stick (I'm sure we've heard that before).

At the end of his Rangers career he behaved with dignity and class and left with his head held high. He has my full respect.

agcooper
11-01-2013, 02:01

No we got compensation for him.

not one of the scum.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 02:04

:D

Cringing here for you.

Virgil Hilts
11-01-2013, 02:11
He should have gone to Ligue 1

The pace in France would suit his game far better

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 02:15
:D

Cringing here for you.

Are you Edu in disguise?

If so, thanks for that goal against Celtic and well,eh,um...that goal against Celtic.

Oh and thanks for transferring over and getting us a fee. Don't know what the fee was but whatever it was it was that amount more than you're actually worth as a footballer. So thanks again big man. I just know you'll become Milwall legend.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 02:19
Are you Edu in disguise?

If so, thanks for that goal against Celtic and well,eh,um...that goal against Celtic.

Oh and thanks for transferring over and getting us a fee. Don't know what the fee was but whatever it was it was that amount more than you're actually worth as a footballer. So thanks again big man. I just know you'll become Milwall legend.

I'm going to let you continue slevering your embarrassing bitterness all over the place.

It was enjoyable to actually allow your type to attempt some adult debating because your inability to do so was a hoot.

Hope your teacher doesn't give you into trouble for falling asleep at your desk tomorrow what with you being up so late tonight.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 02:26
I'm going to let you continue slevering your embarrassing bitterness all over the place.

It was enjoyable to actually allow your type to attempt some adult debating because your inability to do so was a hoot.

Hope your teacher doesn't give you into trouble for falling asleep at your desk tomorrow what with you being up so late tonight.

Very droll...
Bon nuit.

OrigTommy
11-01-2013, 03:12
Edu is technically a very good footballer, let down only by a tendency to be extremely slow - both literally in terms of pace and in his decision making.

He was caught out constantly in the SPL and struggled when midfielders were giving him a hard time.

I genuinely reckon he'd do very well in a less frenetic league set up, such a Spain or Italy, where he has more time on the ball.

Sasquatch
11-01-2013, 03:17
Short memories by a few on here. Edu was actually looking pretty decent in his opening spell with us, then as we clinched the title, the big diddy Dodds done him at tannadump.

Upon making a recovery and doing not bad, he got another severe injury from the big lesbo loovens. 2 really bad cruciate numbers were they not?

So here we had a young lad over trying his best, crippled twice and the fans not giving him a fair crack.

I'll remember that goal against the Tims, and a few great performances in Walters last season, particularly against the Dundee hibs in Walters last home game. I'll also remember him sticking with us and transferring over his contract. A class guy. He,d also make our current team at the easiest of canters. All the best to the big man.

Kallstrom
11-01-2013, 03:36
Its the only way the guy is going to get any football and if hes to get a place in the US WC squad he needs to start making an impression.

hazybear
11-01-2013, 08:23
I cant imagine any semi decent team would want Edu in their side.

To use a phrase we have all been familiar with over the last couple of years,

We were duped, when we signed him.

super coop
11-01-2013, 08:54
Edu was a trier. He certainly wasn't the most cultured midfielder to have played at ibrox but doesn't deserve some of the criticism being dished out here. Remember it was Walter that signed him thinking he was the next big thing to come from America when clearly his technical ability could never live up to that. He always gave 100% though despite some negativity from the stands and still held out to ensure we received some money for his transfer. For that he should not be forgotten.

BR3 Staunch
11-01-2013, 09:33
Cracking big athlete but an average footballer tbh. I actually preferred him when we would occasionally shunt him out to RB as he could shift when he had to and had a brilliant engine on him.

It was simple things that would frustrate me with Mo like his first touch being awful but his attitude was never ever in doubt, he always looked better with the 5 in the middle rather than 4 as it allowed him to go and close the space down without leaving any gaps in the middle.

He scored THAT goal against them though and hung around to get us a fee so he always has my best wishes as does any former player who goes about things in the right way when they leave us.

Bowery Boys
11-01-2013, 09:40
Good player, wish we still had him in our side. Streets ahead of Black.

Hopefully he gets a decent move and regular football.

Oh no, Black was better than Edu. That was the general consensus on here the day we signed Black.

Madness.

Edu has never had a fair crack of the whip on FF. I wish him all the best.

mwellger
11-01-2013, 09:43
Of course he didn't, why would he want to play Div 3 football? That wasn't what he signed up for.

Not what he signed up for, but he would have at least been getting a game I imagine.

Moses Brox
11-01-2013, 09:46

No he wasn't. Good lad is Edu

rangersno.1
11-01-2013, 09:56
No great surprise as he's pretty pish truth being told.

Couldn't pass couldn't tackle and ran about like a headless chicken whilst the opposition ghosted past him like he wasn't there the majority of the time.

hagi bear
11-01-2013, 10:07
Short memories by a few on here. Edu was actually looking pretty decent in his opening spell with us, then as we clinched the title, the big diddy Dodds done him at tannadump.

Upon making a recovery and doing not bad, he got another severe injury from the big lesbo loovens. 2 really bad cruciate numbers were they not?

So here we had a young lad over trying his best, crippled twice and the fans not giving him a fair crack.

I'll remember that goal against the Tims, and a few great performances in Walters last season, particularly against the Dundee hibs in Walters last home game. I'll also remember him sticking with us and transferring over his contract. A class guy. He,d also make our current team at the easiest of canters. All the best to the big man.

Few Rangers players have been as consistently diabolical as Edu was between November 2010 and April 2011

He was embarrassing during that period, culminating in the final Old Firm game (Samaras missed penalty game) where he started getting jeered when he touched the ball

Bowery Boys
11-01-2013, 10:08
Few Rangers players have been as consistently diabolical as Edu was between November 2010 and April 2011

He was embarrassing during that period, culminating in the final Old Firm game (Samaras missed penalty game) where he started getting jeered when he touched the ball

Yet Smith continued to play him. Ever wonder why?

53easy
11-01-2013, 10:10
Rangers massively over paid for Edu that much is pretty clear...

Did he improve as a player during his time at the club? I would say yes but not substantially enough given the invest in him..

He's obviously better than Black.

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
11-01-2013, 10:19
I feel for Edu, he stuck by us when he could have walked.

I think he is good enough for the prem, could play for Norwich/Wigan/Villa type team

53easy
11-01-2013, 10:24
Stoke was crazy move for Ness and Edu given the amount of central midfielders already at the club.

hamiltonbear7
11-01-2013, 10:28
Edu has never had a fair crack of the whip on FF. I wish him all the best.

He played close to 100 games for us. I'd say thats a fair amount of time to make judgement on him. And its no surprise most found him very average.

I wish him all the best too

Earl of Leven
11-01-2013, 10:30
I liked him a lot....shame it hasn't worked out. At least he stayed and got us a fee....good luck to him at Millwall.

That leaves Naismith as only regular starter of all those who left us in the summer?

Grass isn't always greener

Daza1985
11-01-2013, 10:31

Exactly why he bought edu

NorseGod
11-01-2013, 10:36
When Pulis signed Edu, he thought he was getting an American football player to enhance their playing style. He didn't realise Mo played soccer............

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 10:51
When Pulis signed Edu, he thought he was getting an American football player to enhance their playing style. He didn't realise Mo played soccer............

I wonder if Pulis actually watched him play or did he just think that if Rangers paid 2.5
m for him he must be worth a punt?
Anyway,didn't take him long to realise he'd made a mistake which shows that he knows a little about the game. It took me around 5 mins at Station Park Forfar, to realise the boy couldn't play.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 10:53

F*ck knows what that even means.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 10:54
I wonder if Pulis actually watched him play or did he just think that if Rangers paid 2.5
Anyway,didn't take him long to realise he'd made a mistake which shows that he knows a little about the game. It took me around 5 mins at Station Park Forfar, to realise the boy couldn't play.

You're still here :D

I think it's because you're racist that you don't like him to be honest. Theres not other honest explanation as to why you'd hate someone that gave our club so much.

NorseGod
11-01-2013, 10:55

PUNT most definitely on pulis mind bud. I was just havin a wee play with words too.;)

CoeurdeLion
11-01-2013, 10:57
Wish him well - wherever he goes

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 10:59
You're still here :D

I think it's because you're racist that you don't like him to be honest. Theres not other honest explanation as to why you'd hate someone that gave our club so much.

What a stupid and insulting thing to say,yet it comes as no surprise.

Listen up son,I simply do not rate the boy as a footballer plain and simple.

NorseGod
11-01-2013, 11:00
F*ck knows what that even means.

What is it with you and your edu love-in? You go on about debating skills and come out with this. You wanted him, didn't ya?;)

Buddiebearette
11-01-2013, 11:03

exactly ...with you there he had really come onto a good game with us as well after a rough patch...all the best Mo

Borders
11-01-2013, 11:04
I liked him a lot....shame it hasn't worked out. At least he stayed and got us a fee....good luck to him at Millwall.

That leaves Naismith as only regular starter of all those who left us in the summer?

Grass isn't always greener

Sone is at Hull and doing extremely well and scoring goals. I think he got championship player of the month.

McCabe is at Sheffield Wednesday and scoring goals

Fleck is at Coventy and scoring goals

McGregor is at Besiktas and scoring goals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta6PoWlhNWQ

Whittaker is injured all the time it seems. Maybe he would be starter if he wasn't... but then again not.

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 11:05
What a stupid and insulting thing to say,yet it comes as no surprise.

Listen up son,I simply do not rate the boy as a footballer plain and simple.

Just trying to make sense of your obsession.

And laughing at the same time. Like everyone else.

JellaFella
11-01-2013, 11:06
Edu would be good in a side like Aston Villa who play quite a high energy game and press the ball well.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 11:12
Just trying to make sense of your obsession.

And laughing at the same time. Like everyone else.

Chuckle on Cai.
What was your previous name?

RangersNumberFour
11-01-2013, 11:14
Sone is at Hull and doing extremely well and scoring goals. I think he got championship player of the month.

McCabe is at Sheffield Wednesday and scoring goals

Fleck is at Coventy and scoring goals

McGregor is at Besiktas and scoring goals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta6PoWlhNWQ

Whittaker is injured all the time it seems. Maybe he would be starter if he wasn't... but then again not.

Looks like McGregor is playing in front of big crowds......

Bill_McCai
11-01-2013, 11:15
Chuckle on Cai.
What was your previous name?

The Intelligent Cheese.

Bowery Boys
11-01-2013, 11:15
Looks like McGregor is playing in front of big crowds......

Have you ever seen a Besiktas game? :D

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 11:29
The Intelligent Cheese.

Stop with the flattery!!!

TeddybearTam
11-01-2013, 11:29

That's not quite true is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwR4HH9R1m4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6qvvVdV_QQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAMF7sNJys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzByK0NuQ8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-gcrD2YRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ly7P5BtUE

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 11:34
That's not quite true is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwR4HH9R1m4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6qvvVdV_QQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAMF7sNJys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzByK0NuQ8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-gcrD2YRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ly7P5BtUE

Oh it's true alright.
I could post a video of Ostenstadd scoring a hat-trick against Man Utd.
Didn't make him a player,or did it?

TeddybearTam
11-01-2013, 11:36
Oh it's true alright.

Edu isn't as half as bad as you make him out to be, he was a decent player.

JellaFella
11-01-2013, 11:36
Oh it's true alright.

Crap example and adds nothing to your point.

If it was from the time when he was good, then yes, it would be proof that he was at one stage in his career, a good player, as hard as that is to believe.

Bowery Boys
11-01-2013, 11:39
Oh it's true alright.

Ostenstad was a good player though.

He just happened to be finished when he came to Rangers.

Edu is a far better player than you're willing to give him credit for.

RangersNumberFour
11-01-2013, 11:42
Have you ever seen a Besiktas game? :D

They maybe get big crowds at home but there must be about 200 folk in that stadium in the clip

Paco
11-01-2013, 11:45

okay

I dont know if your aware of this, but players don't pick their fees. The fact remains he transferred over, what happend next is out of his hands really. He didnt choose what club came in for him, sure he did choose to leave, but he made the honourable move of transferring and giving Rangers a fair chance to get a price for him, whether we were able to get a good price is quite frankly not his problem. Any price is better than nothing in our situation.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 11:47
Edu isn't as half as bad as you make him out to be, he was a decent player.

As I've said countless times on this subject,everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Your opinion differs from mine that's all.

TeddybearTam
11-01-2013, 11:51
As I've said countless times on this subject,everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Your opinion differs from mine that's all.

That's fine and agree regarding opinions but to say "he can't play" is simply nonsense.

The Big Cheese
11-01-2013, 11:52
Guys enough is enough.
I'll leave you with this.

I'd rate Edu on a par with Neil Murray or Alex Miller but superior to Jim Denny.

Au revoir
Over and out
Toodlepip
C ya!

hamiltonbear7
11-01-2013, 11:52
Any YouTube videos of him making a successful tackle? :ninja:

jjbrfc
11-01-2013, 11:55
Wish Mo all the best and sorry it isn't working out for him at Stoke. But I can't say I'm overly surprised. He was decent at times but too often he was poor and looked lost.

LostSoulForever 2
11-01-2013, 12:03
He'll be back...not Edu.

I always find it particularly hilarious that people claim he can't tackle, when the reality is that he knows how to win possession without going to ground, and then got criticised for not going to ground often enough (this is known as Brahim Syndrome).

Bowery Boys
11-01-2013, 12:07
He'll be back...not Edu.

I always find it particularly hilarious that people claim he can't tackle, when the reality is that he knows how to win possession without going to ground, and then got criticised for not going to ground often enough (this is known as Brahim Syndrome).

He was very good at snuffing out opposition attacks by being in the right position, staying on his feet and shepherding the player back out of our territory. That's how he defended, he was never a 'hard tackler'.

GF4
11-01-2013, 12:07
Bet my mate Edu would play in less than 10 games for Stoke this season. Result!

scooter70
11-01-2013, 12:22
Not nearly good enough for Premiership level of football

Now been proved

hamiltonbear7
11-01-2013, 12:23
He'll be back...not Edu.

He was very good at snuffing out opposition attacks by being in the right position, staying on his feet and shepherding the player back out of our territory. That's how he defended, he was never a 'hard tackler'.

His methods were certainly unique

Sebo1873
11-01-2013, 12:26
As much as i like and respect the big man i just don't think he is cut out for the EPL, he toiled badly at times for us with his form and the EPL is a step too much for him imo

cp1872
11-01-2013, 12:30
I was at Anfield when he came on as a sub this season doing his usual headless chicken chasing routine.

Always remain thankful to him for his goal in Lisbon and of course against the scum.

And he transferred his contract over despite not being a "rangers man".

LostSoulForever 2
11-01-2013, 12:37
His methods were certainly unique

You don't watch a lot of football, do you?

hamiltonbear7
11-01-2013, 12:39
You don't watch a lot of football, do you?

I probably watch too much of the stuff. Fitba daft me

frankieboy
11-01-2013, 13:03
At least he made sure we got money for him.

govantrueblue
11-01-2013, 13:16
Agreed......

the prodfather2
11-01-2013, 15:16
good luck to him but i cant see him getting a game in the championship either

agcooper
11-01-2013, 16:21
Edu would be good in a side like Aston Villa who play quite a high energy game and press the ball well.

:D bit early to be pissed is it not? even for a friday.

Cannavaro
11-01-2013, 16:25
Surprised that Pulis doesn't rate him, edu has the athletism to get up and down the pitch chasing their long balls, maybe dallies on the ball a bit too much at times but thought he would be as good an option as some of the boys they play in midfield