PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Utd Fans' Chief - Plans Unfair On Rangers

sherbrook_loyal
10-01-2013, 20:36
This was from their local evening newspaper yesterday.

I find it interesting that this wasn't reported anywhere else - in print or online - one would almost be forced to think that the mainstream press are only interested in anti-Rangers stories.

Goodness me, if the fans' chief of a team like Dundee United can see that this set-up is both farcical and completely unfair to us, then the writing really should be on the wall for these laughable proposals.

http://i46.tinypic.com/kah5w1.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/23r7m7n.jpg

The_Gub
10-01-2013, 20:43
The cynic in me says this has been printed for a reason. Which is we need your Scottish Cup money. Where was this good guy and voice of reason in the run up to Manchester 2008?

F**k him and his club. F**k his chairman and the wheelie bin beforehand.

TheBluesBrothers
10-01-2013, 20:45
The cynic in me says this has been printed for a reason. Which is we need your Scottish Cup money.

That's the way I see it too.

Helstead
10-01-2013, 20:45
Tomorrow's headline," Dundee Utd Fans Chief--looses job".

Sam_English
10-01-2013, 20:48
That certainly wouldn't surprise me, afterall, he's going against their agenda.

The_Gub
10-01-2013, 20:51

Money means nothing to me in the grand scheme of things.

Thompson senior going down a flight of stairs in his wheelchair with his yahoo scarf on, on the other hand......................

Captain Jock
10-01-2013, 20:56
Perhaps he'll urge his Chairman to listen to the fans and demand a "no" vote to the proposals!

sherbrook_loyal
10-01-2013, 20:57
Bear in mind their chairman resigned from the SPL board, could they vote against the new proposals for some unfathomable reason?

Dundee United's Stephen Thompson cautious over league plans
Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has sounded a note of caution over league reconstruction plans.

Clubs are set to vote on a proposal which would create three divisions, with 12 teams in both of the top two leagues and 18 in the third flight .

But Tannadice chief Thompson wants to see more detail of the plans before commiting his club.

"These discussions have been ongoing but, as yet, we have not had sight of the detailed proposals," he said.

"Like most supporters, our view is that the game in Scotland needs freshened up in some way.

"Until we see the detail of the proposals we cannot, at this stage, comment on them.

"We remain as a board of directors open-minded to change and look forward to discussing the detailed proposals in early course," added Thompson.

Thompson resigned from the Scottish Premier League board in late November, citing "professional differences".

saltcoatsblu
10-01-2013, 20:59

Thompson senior going down a flight of stairs in his wheelchair with his yahoo scarf on, on the other hand......................

Not heard this one Gub, can you enlighten me please....

the bundy
10-01-2013, 21:00
any fool can see this new set up is a sham , even spoke to a few septic supporters who agree that its unfair...

what amazes me is so -called Bears on this forum think all is fine ,Which makes me question their allegiance or their Intelligence ...

The_Gub
10-01-2013, 21:00
It seems to me Sherby, old bean, that you seem to be taking Thompson's side.

I just cannot do it.

Del
10-01-2013, 21:02

Ouch!!! You're destined for the bad fire>:)

pennyblack
10-01-2013, 21:04
they can take their sympathy and shove it up their arse. too little too late. champagne when the sphell dies

Top_Cat
10-01-2013, 21:05
Ram it Dundee Hibs

bornabluenose
10-01-2013, 21:09
Pretty much what has already been said .

Take your mock outrage and jam it in your weasel chairman's rectum .

sherbrook_loyal
10-01-2013, 21:10
It seems to me Sherby, old bean, that you seem to be taking Thompson's side.

I just cannot do it.

Really?
In what way? :D

dh1963
10-01-2013, 21:11
I don't care if DUFC vote against the reconstruction, I don't even care if their chairman, their manager, their captain and all their season ticket holders took out a full page advert in the paper to say they wanted Rangers back in the SPL next season.

They will always be an enemy of ours after their actions and words in 2012, and we will never forget that.

Ianburnett
10-01-2013, 21:14
Bear in mind their chairman resigned from the SPL board, could they vote against the new proposals for some unfathomable reason?

Dundee United's Stephen Thompson cautious over league plans
Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has sounded a note of caution over league reconstruction plans.

Clubs are set to vote on a proposal which would create three divisions, with 12 teams in both of the top two leagues and 18 in the third flight .

But Tannadice chief Thompson wants to see more detail of the plans before commiting his club.

"These discussions have been ongoing but, as yet, we have not had sight of the detailed proposals," he said.

"Like most supporters, our view is that the game in Scotland needs freshened up in some way.

"Until we see the detail of the proposals we cannot, at this stage, comment on them.

"We remain as a board of directors open-minded to change and look forward to discussing the detailed proposals in early course," added Thompson.

Thompson resigned from the Scottish Premier League board in late November, citing "professional differences".

Where did this come from?

Peter Lawell made a big deal yesterday about the plan having the backing of all the SPL teams. Now Dundee UTD are saying they will need to see the detail before they can comment.

dh1963
10-01-2013, 21:14
Did Jum Spence not tweet this?

He usually can't go onto Twitter fast enough to tell the world the views of Dundee United and their supporters.

The_Gub
10-01-2013, 21:16
Ouch!!! You're destined for the bad fire>:)

I believe they call it 'a calling..

It's the 14th step. :p

ferrybear
10-01-2013, 21:24
The cynic in me says this has been printed for a reason. Which is we need your Scottish Cup money. Where was this good guy and voice of reason in the run up to Manchester 2008?

Theres nothing cynical in that more a case of seeing right through someone

jose12
10-01-2013, 21:34

The very same thought occurred to me as soon as I saw the thread.

So no we're still no coming to your shitty stadium .

Pandamonium
10-01-2013, 21:38
If Dundee united turn around and go against the plan and they vote no then I will gain a bit of respect for them. Not enough to go to Tannadice but enough to not spit in their general direction

imbran
10-01-2013, 21:42
OK so we don't have to like anything about Dundee Utd, but any sensible comments in opposition to the moronic reorganisation proposals are welcome.

rfc1952
10-01-2013, 21:45
I wonder if the "improved" financial offer to the SFL Clubs are £ amounts or a % figure of any Sky or ESPN deal negotiated - they should be careful as there could be a big difference re the end day sum involved!

tauntonbear
10-01-2013, 21:46
I wonder if all those months ago there was some sort of discussion that indicated there would be a restructuring that would see Scotland's biggest Cash Cow back to save the SPL's bacon within the year and some aren't too happy it's looking highly unlikely now.

jonandjosh1
10-01-2013, 21:49
according to the local paisley paper today the st. midden chairman Gilmour is also saying it is not conclusive and that their board will have to look at the proposals in full b4 deciding whether to vote for it

jelavicwatp
10-01-2013, 22:01
I think someone is trying to get bears to fill the shithole of a ground next month

Arab bastards

Ali Baba
10-01-2013, 22:05

We're still no coming to your shitheap of a ground the boycott is still on:p

henrywatson115
10-01-2013, 22:06
defo something went on between him and spl board .hed seen the writing on the wall .he now know no rangers no money .these corrupt bastards are at it bigtime .still say have a look at longmuir facecwith lawells puppets he dont look comfy .just my opinion .we need to try blow thewe plans to **** .my other take is this kangeroo court is ****ed and this is the only thing they can harm us with .why rush it now .boom boom .

Bosley
10-01-2013, 22:08
Too late for crawling.

GingerFurball
10-01-2013, 22:19

It's not all that hard to grasp why.

If the SPL was running the stupid "2 leagues of 12 which become 3 leagues of 8" system this season, then Dundee Utd, despite only being 6 points off the European places, would be in grave danger of finishing 9th (as the next round of fixtures would be the final round of part one of the season), thus writing off their season in January as well as carrying the real risk of being relegated out of the top 12, as the 2nd part of the season is played over only 14 games, which mean that injuries and suspensions play a massively disproportionate role in shaping your future.

However, in the current system, as they're sitting 14 points clear of their neighbours, they don't really have a great deal to worry about as far as relegation goes.

A system which potentially relegates a third of the league every season is far too risky for your Dundee Utds to contemplate, and it's not hard to see why they'd be against it.

daven37
10-01-2013, 22:33
I would not be surprised to find both Dundee clubs opposing this.

Thompson, it is rumoured, quit the SPL board over reconstruction plans. This guy is a complete dick but he does not like it when he thinks his hand is being forced.

It would not surprise me if he turned round and said no to this proposal. Won't change my opinion of him and our boycott and it is a sign of our enemies turning on each other and that is a good thing.

I also think Dundee will oppose this. They have no benefit as they are going down and after their experience with the mhank fans and the way Liewell tried to brush it under the carpet, what better way to ram it back up him than by telling him to shove his reconstruction.

toofurrapound
10-01-2013, 23:03
Seriously, do you think us boycotting the SC game would make them change their opinion and start crawling? I think you think too much

OakshawBear
10-01-2013, 23:33
according to the local paisley paper today the st. midden chairman Gilmour is also saying it is not conclusive and that their board will have to look at the proposals in full b4 deciding whether to vote for it

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/2013/01/10/gilmour-remains-cautious-over-shake-up-plans-87085-32577772/

Gilmour remains cautious over shake-up plans
Jan 10 2013 by Paul Behan, Paisley Daily Express

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour last night gave a cautious welcome to radical proposals for a new league structure in Scottish football – but stressed that the shake-up is NOT a done deal.
Gilmour was one of several SPL chairmen who attended a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday to discuss the way ahead for the beautiful game.
And, at the end of the meeting, it was confirmed plans are in place to overhaul the SPL and Divisions One, Two and Three by introducing a new 12-12-18 league format.
A merger of the SPL, the Scottish Football League and the Scottish Football Association is also in the pipeline.

All 42 SPL and SFL clubs are expected to vote on the proposals before the end of this month and the new leagues could be in place as early as next season.
However, Gilmour insists the board of directors at St Mirren have not signed up to anything – and their only commitment is to examine the details with a fine toothcomb.
Speaking exclusively to Express Sports, Gilmour said: “It’s worth pointing out that, contrary to reports, the 12 SPL clubs have not signed up to anything.
“All we have given is a commitment to fully investigate the proposals for league reconstruction.
“We won’t be voting for anything until we know what the implications are.
“There is no doubt there is some merit in what is being proposed but we need to look at things from every angle because these proposals could have a direct impact on St Mirren Football Club in the future.”
Under the proposals, three new divisions – the Premier, the Championship and the National League – would be formed.
After 22 games, in which each of the teams has played each other home and away, the top two divisions would split into three leagues of eight.
The top eight clubs would then meet a further two times to fight it out for the title and European places, while the bottom four clubs in the Premier would play against the top four from the Championship to contest promotion and relegation in and out of the Premier.
Each of these eight teams would have their points total re-set to zero before meeting each other home and away.
The bottom eight clubs in the Championship would play each other to decide who drops into the National League.
For the plans to be approved, 11 of the 12 SPL clubs and 23 of the 30 SFL clubs must vote in favour.
Gilmour admits the current proposals mean the idea of the SPL being expanded to 16 teams is dead in the water.
He said: “We are not going to get a 16-team SPL now.
“The big clubs just won’t vote for it.
“Now we have an alternative and it’s important we look at it properly.”

Agathon
10-01-2013, 23:36

don't hold back now Gub, just say what you really think about Dundee hibernians and the thomsons :D

lowerhuttloyal
10-01-2013, 23:39

My setiments exactly, f**k them all.

turrabear
11-01-2013, 00:32

thats the way i see it.

melbbear
11-01-2013, 00:47
end of the day what he said is as far as we are concerned.don't give a toss about them.

200000 Heroes
11-01-2013, 00:58
I dont care what those fannies say any more. I absolutely despise them and won't be truly content until they are right down the shitter.

So, we're still not coming speccy. F*ck ye. :D

bigkahunarab
11-01-2013, 01:01
Hmmmm I am interested in this....I wonder where it will lead?

Aunty Christ
11-01-2013, 01:08
Thompson is aware that all the SPL clubs will be worse off next year. Lawell doesn't mind losing some cash seeing as how he's guaranteed loads of money from the next 3 years CL. Thompson's beginning to see that Celtic are doing all they can to cement their position as top dogs with a financial monopoly in Scotland and thy don't care about anyone else.

Its a pity no one at Ibrox had the vision to see that the very thing that's killing Scottish football is caused by the financial stranglehold we, and the bheasts, had on the game. We could have come out of this well by changing the voting structure and sharing the income more evenly. Instead we are the fall guys and Celtic come away smelling of roses. Maybe Thompson has finally worked it out.

doc holliday
11-01-2013, 01:10
I mentioned allies yesterday...and I had a hunch that Thompson might be one... remember him resigning from the SPL Board.... fans group could be well aware of his views.

scooby blue
11-01-2013, 01:18
Where did this come from?

Peter Lawell made a big deal yesterday about the plan having the backing of all the SPL teams. Now Dundee UTD are saying they will need to see the detail before they can comment.

I could not understand this yesterday also - most if not all SPL clubs are loosing cash with no Gers - might be fine for scum with CL at the moment !! but the rest are loosing big style and will continue to do so - even more so if the restructure goes through ?????

Maybe the boycott of D UTD game, Green confirming we are out of here asap, and at last some chairman I reckon saying hod on a minute - scum are getting everything they want ???? (tainted titles)

This vote may actually see how much venom they have for the Gers - either way we will survive, our support confirms that - the rest of scots fitba, your future is looking bleak :p

electric_ian
11-01-2013, 01:26
The Press are saying all the SPL clubs are behind this reconstruction but this proves they are not and don't even know the details yet.
So I think we could be a long way to go yet.

Aunty Christ
11-01-2013, 02:02
Incidentlly who gives a shit about reconstruction? its doesn't really affect us at the moment and anyway nothing will make the game more exciting or worth watching until they grasp the fact that it lacks competition. Even Liewell admitted this as he threw a few crumbs at the fools.

GioVanB
11-01-2013, 02:13
Thompson is aware that all the SPL clubs will be worse off next year. Lawell doesn't mind losing some cash seeing as how he's guaranteed loads of money from the next 3 years CL. Thompson's beginning to see that Celtic are doing all they can to cement their position as top dogs with a financial monopoly in Scotland and thy don't care about anyone else.

Its a pity no one at Ibrox had the vision to see that the very thing that's killing Scottish football is caused by the financial stranglehold we, and the bheasts, had on the game. We could have come out of this well by changing the voting structure and sharing the income more evenly. Instead we are the fall guys and Celtic come away smelling of roses. Maybe Thompson has finally worked it out.

A bit slow on the uptake these clowns. I mean the man said it himself...

"Our aspirations and horizons are to dominate in Scotland but also beyond that; we want to compete at the highest level again in Europe," said Lawwell.

"We have a stand-alone strategy, a stand-alone financial plan and a robustness hopefully that will take us through that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17013512

BroxiBlue
11-01-2013, 04:00
Scumdee Utd did what they did, no matter what bollox they come out with in order to soften us up for our ticket money,they should get the grand sum of fek all.

We won't ever forget what you and your ilk did.

hunter1rfc
11-01-2013, 04:08

how are they guaranteed exactly don't they have to go through qualifying rounds?

costigan85
11-01-2013, 04:15

I honeslty don't think it's that, it's just the guys opinion.

Remember they are getting tv money for the cup tie they hadn't budgeted for and will get a decent home support through the gates.

Most fans for various reasons are against this reconstruction

Rex
11-01-2013, 04:26
Charles Green wants to see a fairer re-distribution of wealth among Scottish football clubs. That suits us because we get hee-haw really. However, am sure some CEOs will have been listening with interest. What he also said about bringing things in-house (e.g. merchandising) shows he sees revenue streams for Rangers outside the distribution of place money and even a combined TV deal.

The Directors and CEOs may be the only people seeing what this season is doing to them financially, although as yet they are not required to publish figures.

There may also be some who are thinking "Rangers were found not guilty of the big tax liability" and perhaps ruing the day. Maybe that's me just being an uber-optimist too far, but supporters and anyone with financial nous will be seriously questioning these promises of riches and better football.

Aunty Christ
11-01-2013, 06:48
how are they guaranteed exactly don't they have to go through qualifying rounds?

You are of course correct but I'd imagine they will qualify as they don't need to bother with the SPL. They are also guaranteed most if not all of the prize money at home.

Surely now we can see that this monopoly is a bad thing even when we were one of the beneficiaries.

Hendrie
11-01-2013, 09:22
Spoke to Arabs, Caley fans and mutton molesters over the last few days (only through work), the only thing everyone agrees on is the that the league reconstruction is a joke and nobody wants it. It seems for a change we are all agreed on something.

onedadoprso1
11-01-2013, 09:30
Please please please don't boycott us eh? Lets be pals.

Ger57
11-01-2013, 09:39
Please please please don't boycott us eh? Lets be pals.

TBH, I don't think it's that. I think the more 'sensible' (thinking) fans are beginning to have their eyes opened and having their say.

A tarrier I know posted on FB something along the lines of "Where's this Armageddon the H**s predicted? The TV deal is signed!!"

I could have challenged it with 'aye, but the SPL lost £4m in doing so and they only got it on the insistance of Rangers games being screened etc etc', but quite frankly, couldn't be arsed.

He's went very quiet recently as the truth appears to be unfolding. All the rabid's ''we don't need Rangers'' bullshit is falling on its arse..as was 'predicted'.

Dublin1854
11-01-2013, 09:51

Me too :eek:

JohnK1972
11-01-2013, 10:22

... and the next day's headline "Illiterate headline writer loses job". :angel: >:)

ontheline
11-01-2013, 10:29
Thompson said he must listen to the fans.
Wonder how he will vote now!

albertz11
11-01-2013, 11:41

I find it interesting that this wasn't reported anywhere else - in print or online - one would almost be forced to think that the mainstream press are only interested in anti-Rangers stories.

Goodness me, if the fans' chief of a team like Dundee United can see that this set-up is both farcical and completely unfair to us, then the writing really should be on the wall for these laughable proposals.

Bet Jum Spence will be leading with this and bigging it up on RS ;)

The Goal Machine
11-01-2013, 11:47
Self interest has sparked this.

Not only will they lose Rangers, but the Dundee Derby, that was the carrot for them.

Dundee will be relegated.

They will lose more money.

tkmcg
11-01-2013, 12:10
What has happened to the mantra of last year the one that says "we have to listen to our fans" well their not listening any more.