PDA

View Full Version : Why Don't We Sue?

bluelion
09-01-2013, 19:22
We have almost 38k season ticket holders, who paid their money to watch Rangers contest the 3rd Division title and win promotion to the second division. By purchasing a season ticket, season ticket holders entered into a contract.

Now, we are looking at the entire season being rendered meaningless due to the corrupt cabal running scottish football deciding that change must happen now. Why the big rush?.

Would season ticket holders have legal grounds to sue the SFL/SPL in order to recover the cost of the season tickets, which have been completely devalued by their actions? Akin to the sale of goods act where the goods have to match the description of what you buy when purchasing by mail order etc.

Even if it only served to delay it for a season, by which time we would already be in division 2. We should know what we're buying at the start of the season, not have it changed after the fact. As they loved to cry so often, sporting integrity must be upheld.

menghai
09-01-2013, 19:23
No, we would not be able to sue. It would be laughed out in a heartbeat. The argument will be that it will still take an identical number of promotions to get to the SPL1.

signup
09-01-2013, 19:26
No. Nowhere is it written on season tickets that winning the title would gain us a promotion

bluelion
09-01-2013, 19:29
No, we would not be able to sue. It would be laughed out in a heartbeat. The argument will be that it will still take an identical number of promotions to get to the SPL1.

But its not the number of promotions that's the issue. It's the quality of the product that was purchased. Our own Chief Executive has posed the question "What is the point in continuing with meaningless matches?"

The powers that be will have rendered this season meaningless, therefore it doesn't match the description of what was sold i.e. potential to be 3rd Division champions and promotion to division 2.

menghai
09-01-2013, 19:30
But its not the number of promotions that's the issue. It's the quality of the product that was purchased. Our own Chief Executive has posed the question "What is the point in continuing with meaningless matches?"

The powers that be will have rendered this season meaningless, therefore it doesn't match the description of what was sold i.e. potential to be 3rd Division champions and promotion to division 2.

Then go for it. I wish you luck, I really do. I do not anticipate you having much luck at all.

MasterC
09-01-2013, 19:35
People bought a season ticket to go and watch Rangers games at Ibrox.

They bought that season ticket from Rangers, and Rangers are supplying their side of the bargain.

Nothing else was promised or implied, including winning specific games or the title.

Who could fans sue, and for what. What contract or agreement do they have with someone which has been broken.

Sorry, but I think it's a non-starter.

Torque87
09-01-2013, 19:36
I'm afraid this is a non-starter, in a contract for a season ticket it makes no mention of winning titles for promotion in it's terms.

bilkobear
09-01-2013, 19:40

Talk about completely missing the point. :blink:

Forget me not
09-01-2013, 19:44
I would think a shareholder may have a point but not a season ticket holder

bluelion
09-01-2013, 19:45
People bought a season ticket to go and watch Rangers games at Ibrox.

They bought that season ticket from Rangers, and Rangers are supplying their side of the bargain.

Nothing else was promised or implied, including winning specific games or the title.

Who could fans sue, and for what. What contract or agreement do they have with someone which has been broken.

Sorry, but I think it's a non-starter.

I was hoping that there may have been some kind of grounds to pursue the SFL/SPL as its them that are rendering the season meaningless by pushing the changes through in time for next season. Clearly, I'm no expert on contract law:o

Bear_In_Orkney
09-01-2013, 19:47
The much abused 'sporting integrity' has rapidly been replaced with 'sporting expediency'

Who amongst our august company is even faintly surprised?

bcgogs
09-01-2013, 19:48
I bought a Season Ticket to see Rangers play at Ibrox against 3rd division opposition and then win the league. Barring disaster, I will have got exactly what I paid for.

ikip loyal
09-01-2013, 19:49

Thats not the arguement :(

Trades description act
Unfair Competition Law

CONSPIRICY TO COMMIT FRAUD :mad: