PDA

View Full Version : A chap attempted to threaten me at Ibrox today

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 19:23
The gentleman claimed I named a couple of his chums on FF.

He was trying to be sinister but just didn't have the presence to carry it off.

Let me spell it out clearly for the gentleman and his masters - if I ever feel the need to name and shame an ageing bully I'll do so under my own name and and it won't be a momentary mention on a messageboard.

FF doesn't allow the promotion of intimidation and falsehood unlike other websites whose cowardice shames them and the club they purport to support. Lies and thuggery will not work with us.

trueblue14
26-12-2012, 19:24

Let me spell it out clearly for the gentleman and his masters - if I ever feel the need to name and shame an ageing bully I'll do so under my own name and and it won't be a momentary mention on a messageboard.

FF doesn't allow the promotion of intimidation and falsehood unlike other websites whose cowardice shames them and the club they purport to support. Lies and thuggery will not work with us.
Where's the like button

derek145
26-12-2012, 19:26
I take it he thought you were Leggo?

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 19:27

Leggo lacks my bucolic disposition.

shamrockhandandcrown
Fair play to you big fella.however, Did you mean to say chump instead of chap?

fiftyone
Where's the like button
We could certainly use one on this thread.
:thumb:

alan78
26-12-2012, 19:28
I'm not involved in all the politics, but there's another Rangers forum and i think the average mental age is 12, and the iq is 20. When all the liquidation stuff was going on they were more concernced in disagreeing with anything voiced on here. They seem to hate follow follow more than they love Rangers. Needless to say i dont log on that site now.

St Matthew 18: 1-6
26-12-2012, 19:29
It disturbs me that these people with their grudges and agendas have lost focus on why they follow Rangers.

Charlie Dont Surf
26-12-2012, 19:30
Are you leggo is disguise ?
Surely the tie would have gave it away.you have my support suck

FM_Bear
26-12-2012, 19:31

The individuals concerned have had an issue with GS long before David Leggett came to their attention. Cowardly scumbags. Threatening otherror fans is just what they do then they have the hard neck to get offended because a couple of the bams get publicly exposed for it.

gersintaethum
Since its the season. He's behind you!

sam_cooke
I'm not involved in all the politics, but there's another Rangers forum and i think the average mental age is 12, and the iq is 20. When all the liquidation stuff was going on they were more concernced in disagreeing with anything voiced on here. They seem to hate follow follow more than they love Rangers. Needless to say i dont log on that site now.

Sadly true, more interested in disrupting the harmony of the Bears and some spoke of their wish for liquidation rather see the club work in any way with Dingers. Sickening :(

Bowery Boys

You're right.

That particular forum is a disgrace in all honesty.

I know a few people who post on it and they are good, decent Rangers fans but it seems to me they are very much in the minority. They get more excited by slagging RST/FF/MD than they do supporting Rangers.

Dados_Ponytail
26-12-2012, 19:32
We are all GS.

Jaffa Cake vigil anyone?

Texas Bear
26-12-2012, 19:33
So you didn't chin him?

Pussy. :D

PRW
26-12-2012, 19:33
Bang out of order.

clubdeckcharlie
26-12-2012, 19:34
Attempted threat = "An attempted threat would involve an incident in which a person uttered a threat, but it was fortuitously not communicated to the person for whom it was intended.":ninja:

shamrockhandandcrown
26-12-2012, 19:34
In a serious note this ain't funny, we have so -called rangers supporters acting like fannies.

alan78
26-12-2012, 19:35
Its ashame anyone can see that site without logging in, because they give Rangers a bad name in my eyes. Seems very cliquey 2. And i say that as a genuine fan who has no ties to any supporters groups or trusts. Just a general observation when my club was in the shit.

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 19:35
Sadly true, more interested in disrupting the harmony of the Bears and some spoke of their wish for liquidation rather see the club work in any way with Dingers. Sickening :(

A couple of their leading lights actually did say they would prefer to see the club die than have the Blue Knights in charge.

Denver_Ba
26-12-2012, 19:37
It's clear the other forum believe their importance is bigger then that club. They need to take a while away from football get a grip on reality.

I really hope we never have the fans in charge of the club. It would be a farce.

rocker
Strange how these so called Rangers supporters were silent when everybody and his granny wanted us dead and buried not so long ago and now they're up in arms over people trying to defend us.
It's no wonder the Filth are taking over in every sector of society.

PRW
At least they might stop talking pish by saying you don't go to games.

garyw09
26-12-2012, 19:38
Right, let's get them :D

http://communistcritic.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

bedsblue
26-12-2012, 19:39
For the hard of seeing,what site you on about?

Billy_Bones
If you are looking for hauners I'm 53 and have had a quadruple bi-pass.......but will tackle these bullies anywhere :cool:

Grandmaster_Suck
So you didn't chin him?

Pussy. :D

I think the gentleman was distressed enough to realise his Belfast accent wasn't having the required effect.

karanja
26-12-2012, 19:40
Y'ou'll stick it out big man.Your heart is in the right right place.

alan78
26-12-2012, 19:40
For the hard of seeing,what site you on about?

Wont mention it publicly, check your PM

dougie76
26-12-2012, 19:42

To be fair there are idiots on both sites and most fans are feed up with all the childish in fighting, grow up the lot of you, ffs.

Grandmaster_Suck
At least they might stop talking pish by saying you don't go to games.

And when I do I apparently have minders with me! You couldn't make this pish up, but they do! :o

Bankie_bear
The whole thing is depressing.:(

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 19:43
To be fair there are idiots on both sites and most fans are feed up with all the childish in fighting, grow up the lot of you, ffs.

When do FF users threaten to slash Rangers fans or attack people attending charity functions, etc, etc?

InsanicDrunk
And when I do I apparently have minders with me! You couldn't make this pish up, but they do! :o

Minders, that's just people helping you carry your picnic!

arnietac1
Should we organise a "rather fetching tie" day for Saturday in support of GS?

Cooky1690
This is absolutely disgusting and it must stop. Some elements of fellow supporters at this moment seem to be stopping at nothing to intimidate other's who work tirelessly for the good of our Fan Base. What happened to "UNITED WE STAND - DIVIDED WE FALL! Hope all is ok GMS!

GaryMcLean1
26-12-2012, 19:44
Right, let's get them :D

http://communistcritic.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Excellent :D

tam1912
26-12-2012, 19:48
When do FF users threaten to slash Rangers fans or attack people attending charity functions, etc, etc?

That's shocking tbf

MLF
26-12-2012, 19:49
Oooft mumsnet has a radical wing :eek

shamrockhandandcrown
26-12-2012, 19:49
What these people don't realise is that they do more damage to us than any taig/ Tim/ tarrier will ever do.
As someone who posts on rangers media and lots of decent rangers supporters do. It's time the moderators got their act together and banned these halfwits.

Jelle1880
26-12-2012, 19:50

You mean like a lot of people on FF seem obsessed with them ?

Both are as bad as the other when it comes to things like this.

Piggy Wiggy Woo

They've got a very funny way of defending our traditions.

hoggle
Minders, that's just people helping you carry your picnic!

That's people protecting his Picnic!! :D

The Gunslinger

i know which site bans people who threaten its members and which ones admin say things like his description of you is poor you will probably be ok.

alan78
Whoever it is they sound like fannies, they should have there own wee section in the restricted view area, numptys

CRSRSC
26-12-2012, 19:51
Met some of these guys in Bochum two seasons ago, they seemed decent lads, but when I mentioned I was on FF they got really stroppy. Pretty sad to be honest, we are all Rangers fans, and this childish crap has no place within our support.

bearshire
26-12-2012, 19:51
Do you best to ignore it , you get idiots everywhere you go and there is little that can be done about it.

Bowery Boys
26-12-2012, 19:53

Nowhere near it.

The vitriol you read on that forum towards other Rangers supporters is on another level.

shamrockhandandcrown

Sorry that ain't true the overwhelming bad feeling comes from rangers media and I should know as I post on both.

Bill_McCai

It's most definitely a one way street.

Lord Blootervalve of Pumphy
the way i heard it was that nothing threatening was said to you, but dont let that get in the way of a good 10 pager

shamrockhandandcrown
26-12-2012, 19:54
Question GS.

If FF doesn't promote falsehoods then why is Leggo's Monday blog not been amended even when presented with proof of it's inaccuracies ?

Why has posts on FF been deleted when questioning it's inaccuracy ?

You sound like a Tim !

shorerdbear

Minders and puppets:)

Kudos!

On a serious note, where does this all end?

tam1912
the way i heard it was that nothing threatening was said to you, but dont let that get in the way of a good 10 pager

So what happened ?

shinyscot
26-12-2012, 19:56
Someone who didn't like your taste in ties Suck? (Sorry couldn't resist...)

Gary_L
A couple of their leading lights actually did say they would prefer to see the club die than have the Blue Knights in charge.

now i would love you to name who that was supposed to be if you want pm me and ill name them

i find it very hard to believe any Rangers fan said that

blueismycolour

So much for the big happy family.

Shite like this is totally out of order.

ady mac

so what did you hear:confused::confused:

Jimmy Henderson
26-12-2012, 19:57
Where's the like button

The same. I hate thugs. Bullies or a******* who think they can intimidate people. You want to do that there is a certain football team in the east end who will welcome you with open arms as that is their mantra.

Otherwise f*** off and grow up then come back once you act like a bear.

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 19:58

Isn't it peculiar that when light is thrown on a subject people suddenly become very coy?

Pollok-Loyal
26-12-2012, 20:02
Anyone threatening Rangers fans are just scum, plain and simple.

Lord Blootervalve of Pumphy
26-12-2012, 20:03
well mr suck you tell us what threat was made to you and i`ll correct it

MLF
26-12-2012, 20:03

What happened then. ?

SurreyBear73
26-12-2012, 20:04
Leggo seems to be an easy target for so -called rangers fans and as I have said before a bright beacon in these past 11 months.

That may be true but he was 100% wrong the other day and you calling people tims or "so called Rangers fans" is pathetic

SurreyBear73
26-12-2012, 20:05
Anyway what was said at Ibrox?

dereksmallsloyal
26-12-2012, 20:05
You're right.

I know a few people who post on it and they are good, decent Rangers fans but it seems to me they are very much in the minority. They get more excited by slagging RST/FF/MD than they do supporting Rangers.

I take it we're talking about the Donald Muir Loyal? Disgraceful some of the stuff written on there by "bears".

gboigloyalist
26-12-2012, 20:06
This is pretty sad and desperate.

Gallant13.VVV
26-12-2012, 20:08
I've met GS various times through different channels (this'll get his mind racing) and never understood the dislike towards him but threads like this don't help him lMO

MrBrightside
26-12-2012, 20:08
#prayforgs

shamrockhandandcrown
26-12-2012, 20:09
That may be true but he was 100% wrong the other day and you calling people tims or "so called Rangers fans" is pathetic

People that threaten fellow rangers fans and have ago at rangers fans are in my opinion dont deserve to be called rangers fans. so therefore they are so-called rangers fans or acting like tims.
Sorry it's just the way I was brought up . Good and Decent!

FM_Bear

Cut the pish and tell us yourself. Or maybe you need permission from your masters. Grow a pair and tell us what you heard or piss off back to VB/RM.

Aberfeldy Jim
In a serious note this ain't funny, we have so -called rangers supporters acting like fannies.

Do ye naw mean we have a couple o' fannies pretending tae be Rangers supporters.:roll:

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 20:10

What, everyone on the board? To suggest that hundreds of members of one particular message board all think as one is arrant nonsense.

scooter70
People that threaten fellow rangers fans and have ago at rangers fans are in my opinion dont desreve to be called rangers fans. so therefore they are so-called rangers fans or acting like tims.

Are you on something?

Bill_McCai
People that threaten fellow rangers fans and have ago at rangers fans are in my opinion dont desreve to be called rangers fans. so therefore they are so-called rangers fans or acting like tims.

See diving in without actually knowing what happened, that just makes you look a bit silly.

Calling Bears tims, well that's pretty much as low as it gets.

buddhapotn
26-12-2012, 20:11
How does someone "attempt" to threaten someone?

You either threaten them or you dont.

SurreyBear73

I agree with you about threatening people. The rest is drivel

bloo
We could certainly use one on this thread.
:thumb:

good idea....a like button,make it so suck.

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 20:12
You're right.

Incorrect - The ones who do constantly criticise FF/RST are a minority, admittedly an extremely loud and persistent minority.

FM_Bear
26-12-2012, 20:12
I've met GS various times through different channels (this'll get his mind racing) and never understood the dislike towards him but threads like this don't help him lMO

These guys have been around for years and are a cancer on our support and club as a whole. A bit like the club, the support are no longer prepared to sit back and take it.

DadoPrso42
26-12-2012, 20:13
The divide in the Rangers support is sickening. At a time where you'd think the club would be more united than ever there are still some out there with this mentality. Shameful.

Gallant13.VVV
26-12-2012, 20:13

100% correct

alan78
26-12-2012, 20:15
What, everyone on the board? To suggest that hundreds of members of one particular message board all think as one is arrant nonsense.

I find it cliquey as **** over there, they hated the blue knights so much that even if the vatican was named preffered bidder they would have been cheerleading in the street. Seems to me the dominant posters on there control the flow and energy and vibe of the board. While on here its more relaxed and friendly.

deedle
26-12-2012, 20:16
It is abundantly clear you have no idea what SDF was talking about in Leggat's blog.

Mate, Leggat was completely in the wrong and should have issued an apology.

However, SDF is milking what is fundamentally a side-show.

The central issue is that an unofficial group of Rangers fans resorts to atrocious behaviour in order to intimidate others. This isn't new - it's being going on for years.

What makes this particularly troubling is that said group is embraced by figures within the club.

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 20:18
There's a crossover between the two.

No there isn't. VB has stopped posting articles on RM, they haven't done for months now. There was a big fall out with RM Admin over VB members dictating (or trying to dictate) how they ran their board.

Bill_McCai
26-12-2012, 20:18
I think you need to look up 'hypocrisy' in a dictionary :p

I'm not being a hypocrite, if I dislike something about FF, RM, VB,... I'll say it too.

At least I know that all of those boards are run by people that care about this club, the fact that their opinions differ from here is only normal.

What by getting a stompy & sweary telling folk to 'grow the f*ck up'?

Aye, that's not hypocritical at all.

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 20:19

Er, you've already told us you know what was said.

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 20:20

If you refuse to be intimidated then the threat doesn't work.

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 20:20
I find it cliquey as **** over there, they hated the blue knights so much that even if the vatican was named preffered bidder they would have been cheerleading in the street. Seems to me the dominant posters on there control the flow and energy and vibe of the board. While on here its more relaxed and friendly.

Curiously enough, I find the opposite to be the case. It's unfair to say 'they hated the blue knights' though, we don't all think as one.

buddhapotn
26-12-2012, 20:22
If you refuse to be intimidated then the threat doesn't work.

I'm intrigued now, what threat as you said someone attempted to threaten you?

deedle
26-12-2012, 20:23
No there isn't. VB has stopped posting articles on RM, they haven't done for months now. There was a big fall out with RM Admin over VB members dictating (or trying to dictate) how they ran their board.

So, that means that no member of one forum posts on the other board?

invernesscaleywho
26-12-2012, 20:25
Nowhere near it.

The vitriol you read on that forum towards other Rangers supporters is on another level.

HAHAHAHA HA really:roll:, it's only a couple of weeks ago you were calling FFrs c*nts and idiots because they did not agree with you.

muthacupboard
So, that means that no member of one forum posts on the other board?

What does that mean? Numerous members of both boards probably post on here as well.

lisburnranger

At a guess I would say that when the recipient of the threat doesn't feel threatened, then said threat has failed and is therefore an attempted threat. In much the same way as if you try to kill someone and fail, it would be attempted murder.

P.S. Just in case anyone panics, I am in no way suggesting that what happened to GS is in any way comparable to attempted murder.

brooklynblue

Is this really the level we're at? F'n playground stuff. It's difficult to take anyone seriously.

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 20:26

If I attempted to threaten you and you shrugged it off then it hasn't worked as a threat has it?

gordy1912
26-12-2012, 20:26
Im lost...they threatened you?...or attempted to threaten you?...but its not really a threat...as you were not intimitaded by "the threat"?.....mmmmmmm...im still lost????

Gallant13.VVV
26-12-2012, 20:27
Having heard what was meant to have happened today, can't help feeling the thread title might be a bit OTT? Wasn't there in person though so will anticipate the true turn of events coming out.

dougie76
The divide in the Rangers support is sickening. At a time where you'd think the club would be more united than ever there are still some out there with this mentality. Shameful.

The thing is if you don't use Rangers forums then there is no divide, think that tells you all you need to know.

FM_Bear

Read the op. Its interesting you choose to split hairs over the wording rather than comment on the thread topic.

Bowery Boys
HAHAHAHA HA really:roll:, it's only a couple of weeks ago you were calling FFrs c*nts and idiots because they did not agree with you.

You're just another one of these posters whose only input on anything is aimed at stirring up trouble.

PalefaceRedskin03
26-12-2012, 20:28

You're right that it is shameful there are divisions internally when we have so many enemies externally. I really don't understand the mentality of a bear wishing ill on another bear especially when we have so many wishing ill on us a group. That said I think the divisions are overstated at times. Folk that are on Ff or other boards all the time tend to think every bear is and for good or ill they aren't. 9/10ths of the bears I know will have no idea this incident even happened.

r_youth
26-12-2012, 20:29
Can't believe you actually came on and posted this.

alan78
26-12-2012, 20:29
Curiously enough, I find the opposite to be the case. It's unfair to say 'they hated the blue knights' though, we don't all think as one.

They were jumping in bed with everyone else, first bill ng, then bill miller and then charles green. What does that tell you? And there was alot of uncouth talk about certain people on here. As i say i have no ties to anyone. This is my view and my view alone.

I think its a **** of a site, my opinion only.

shamrockhandandcrown
26-12-2012, 20:30
The very fact that someone at a rangers game thinks its okay to even sound threatening towards another rangers supporter totally saddens me!

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 20:32
They were jumping in bed with everyone else, first bill ng, then bill miller and then charles green. What does that tell you? And there was alot of uncouth talk about certain people on here. As i say i have no ties to anyone. This is my view and my view alone.

I think its a **** of a site, my opinion only.

The whole forum doesn't all think as one or has one generic opinion on everything.

inshalla
26-12-2012, 20:32
What site are we talking about or not as it seems.

I'm not interested in in house bickering and don't read any other boards so no clue on the cryptic clues.

alan78
26-12-2012, 20:34
The whole forum doesn't all think as one or has one generic opinion on everything.

Fair enough, not a site i would use, simples

HateleyScores
26-12-2012, 20:37
Differences of opinion are fundamental in following a football team, but some of the comments on here are quite flabbergasting, hilarious, and childish. We are all Rangers fans at the end of the day.

CaptainArmband
26-12-2012, 20:39
at last Ive discovered why they call it boxing day :)

The Gunslinger
26-12-2012, 20:39

thats a change then because not that long ago vb were running rm like pupet masters. dictating who was banned while remaining untouchable no matter what they said or threatened,.

PalefaceRedskin03
26-12-2012, 20:40
Im lost...they threatened you?...or attempted to threaten you?...but its not really a threat...as you were not intimitaded by "the threat"?.....mmmmmmm...im still lost????

I don't think anybody else is confused mate. I hold no brief for GS and I've nothing against him. I don't know him. However, it's pretty clear what he's saying: a threat was made to him but as he dismissed it and was not troubled by it he regards the threat as an attempted threat.

If you disagree with what he's saying fair play but let's not get Jesuitical re his use of 'attempted' here.

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 20:42
thats a change then because not that long ago vb were running rm like pupet masters. dictating who was banned while remaining untouchable no matter what they said or threatened,.

I know what you're referring to and why. It's changed dramatically in that regard, a lot of the VB's just stick to their own forum now.

youngsy

As you seem to know the lot let's hear let's the whole unabridged version from you.

Gary_L
I don't think anybody else is confused mate. I hold no brief for GS and I've nothing against him. I don't know him. However, it's pretty clear what he's saying: a threat was made to him but as he dismissed it and was not troubled by it he regards the threat as an attempted threat.

If you disagree with what he's saying fair play but let's not get Jesuitical re his use of 'attempted' here.

fer fecks sake mate that's like saying this was an attempted post

it's either one or the other

dougie76
26-12-2012, 20:44
Differences of opinion are fundamental in following a football team, but some of the comments on here are quite flabbergasting, hilarious, and childish. We are all Rangers fans at the end of the day.

Some people care more about point scoring than Rangers it seems:(

am proud 2 b blue
26-12-2012, 20:45

Hope you just handed over the tie - It's not worth it.

or gave whoever it was, a kick in the baws

The Peoples Piper

Do you think he made it up?

gordy1912

i see what your saying mate..but why doesnt gs just tell us all what the "attempted" threat to him was?...its all abit mulder n scully?...

Gary_L
26-12-2012, 20:47
Do you think he made it up?

made what up
if we knew what was said or not said then we could make a judgement
i for one have never heard of an attempted threat

Dedalus
26-12-2012, 20:47
VB are f*cking nuts. Supporting Rangers is very much secondary as far as they are concerned.

They had one moment of glory with the Dawn Primarolo banner.

Sinister
26-12-2012, 20:48

are you more concerned at your pals being outed? your mentality is worrying. defend the indefensible by calling it lies.

we are the individuals

East_Belfast_Bear
26-12-2012, 20:48

Why start the thread and cause more division among the Rangers support?

If im wasnt bothered about something i wouldnt post on an internet forum about it. If a threat was made then that is wrong, but he said it wasnt a threat.

Sinister
26-12-2012, 20:49
VB are f*cking nuts. Supporting Rangers is very much secondary as far as they are concerned.

theyre not nuts. idiots with delusion of grandeur is more fitting.

we are the individuals

andyzx9
Since its the season. He's behind you!

Oh no he isn't :D

Bill_McCai
Interesting Northern Irish pattern appearing here....

hemelbear
26-12-2012, 20:50
lol in contrast it can be one of the most divided placers around at times as far as opinions go and thats the beauty of it. i think there is a lot of jelousy driven fury towards Mark by alot of people outside ff

gordy1912

If im wasnt bothered about something i wouldnt post on an internet forum about it. If a threat was made then that is wrong, but he said it wasnt a threat.

that kinda sums it up for me

lisburnranger

Is that the old dignified silence routine? Lets be honest issuing (or attempting to) issue threats is far more divisive than starting a topic on a forum

PalefaceRedskin03

I don't think it is like saying that at all mate. You can quibble about his use of the word 'attempted' if you wish but it's now crystal clear what GS's claim is. If folk are saying the claim is untrue fair enough, they'll no doubt tell us all why they believe it to be untrue. However, I think this game of semantics should be beneath us all.

The Gunslinger
I know what you're referring to and why. It's changed dramatically in that regard, a lot of the VB's just stick to their own forum now.

if true it would most certainly be a huge improvement to their board.

Bowery Boys
made what up

It's pretty obvious what Suck is saying.

The person who approached him tried to make him feel threatened by what he said. It didn't work.

The bigger picture here is that the lies which are spread around on certain blogs and websites are dangerous and are obviously left there for this reason.

It is wrong.

Sinister
26-12-2012, 20:52
Is that the old dignified silence routine? Lets be honest issuing (or attempting to) issue threats is far more divisive than starting a topic on a forum

timmy tactics. deflect and deny

we are the individuals

dougie76
26-12-2012, 20:53

Seems as if some are trying to turn some against a certain site, wonder why?

East_Belfast_Bear
26-12-2012, 20:54
Interesting Northern Irish pattern appearing here....

:roll: .

ChicagoBear
made what up

Semantics really.

Top_Cat
Does Suck know who it was?

shamrockhandandcrown
26-12-2012, 20:55
I would like to think if I got threatened by so -called rangers supporters that I could come on and make other bears aware!

PalefaceRedskin03
26-12-2012, 20:56
i see what your saying mate..but why doesnt gs just tell us all what the "attempted" threat to him was?...its all abit mulder n scully?...

His posts always seem understated and brief to me mate so it seems to be in keeping but tbh I've no idea on what his thinking was here. GS will need to answer that one.

maidencity
Hate to see fellow fans resort to this its very sad to see, imagine being threatened by one of your own going to a game

200000 Heroes

I'll try and help out here.

A threat is only a threat if it carries with it the real prospect that the threat will be carried out, and also if it results in changed behaviour on the part of the threatened.

In this case, as Suck has made it clear that he didn't feel in any away intimidated by the threat, and therefore has no intention of changing any of his behaviours as a result, he is describing it as an attempted threat because it was completely unsuccessful in achieving its aim, ie, to make Suck change his behaviour in future.

Does that help you?

Anyway, whatever the according to OED definition of a threat might be, it is outrageous that anyone proporting to be a Rangers fan should be threatening another over his legitimate opinions expressed about our club.

lisburnranger
Wow my post was insta chopped!? ***!!!!:blink:

I noticed that as well. It was a valid point but perhaps slightly off the topic of the thread, although there were other posts of a similar type. Only thing I can think of and even then it's tenous

eleventh floor
Name and shame the Kant!

corkie
I must have missed a few chapters,can someone pm about what is going on?

Gary_L
are you more concerned at your pals being outed? your mentality is worrying. defend the indefensible by calling it lies.

we are the individuals

defend what indefensible what are you on about i dont know what happened
as for my pals again who are you on about im defending no one as
1/ i don't know who he's on about
2/ i don't know what was said

this feckin nonsense is getting boring week in week out
why doesn't all parties ask the RFFF to facilitate a meeting to air everyone's problems with each other then let the support judge them

The Gunslinger
26-12-2012, 20:58
a few people getting nit pickey over the difference between a threat and intimidation.

both are as bad as each other.

L&LBB
26-12-2012, 20:58
Hate to see fellow fans resort to this its very sad to see, imagine being threatened by one of your own going to a game

No one was threatened, read the title of the thread. :D

Gallant13.VVV
26-12-2012, 21:00
If someone tries to threat you why not hit them a drive? May be my young volatile years speaking but I reckon I'd do that before complaining on the Internet?

200000 Heroes

I reckon you should tell us what you heard then.

Also, I reckon you're being very optimistic if you think this will only be 10 pages :p

boldvale

Not entirely true. I was banned for an "offence" that was mild compared to other things that are posted. It just depends whether you are in the "in crowd" or not.

dougie76
26-12-2012, 21:02

When did this happen?

Sinister
26-12-2012, 21:03

why doesn't all parties ask the RFFF to facilitate a meeting to air everyone's problems with each other then let the support judge them

of course you do its in the first post. and if that was the case you would not feel the urge to reply. many posts have you made in here just to say you dont what gs is on about?

we are the individuals

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 21:06
I suggest some of you ladies cut out the cyclical tripe. It's very boring for normal people.

Rheindahlen_Blue
26-12-2012, 21:06
Fortunately it was all caught on camera.;)

http://www.dantynan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/arm-wrestling-cropped.jpg

PalefaceRedskin03
26-12-2012, 21:09
Originally Posted by PalefaceRedskin03
I don't think anybody else is confused mate. I hold no brief for GS and I've nothing against him. I don't know him. However, it's pretty clear what he's saying: a threat was made to him but as he dismissed it and was not troubled by it he regards the threat as an attempted threat.If you disagree with what he's saying fair play but let's not get Jesuitical re his use of 'attempted' here.

Reply Why start the thread and cause more division among the Rangers support?

Personally,I probably wouldn't either but I have to disagree with the general point you're making pal. Again, I know nothing of the ins and outs of this incident but even if I'm not troubled by certain behaviour, I think it would still be legitimate for me to highlight that behaviour if I believed it was unacceptable in some way.

mccrimmon
26-12-2012, 21:10
Fortunately it was all caught on camera.;)

http://www.dantynan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/arm-wrestling-cropped.jpg

Haha
That's like a portrait of suck and pumphy :D

Gary_L
26-12-2012, 21:10
of course you do its in the first post. and if that was the case you would not feel the urge to reply. many posts have you made in here just to say you dont what gs is on about?

we are the individuals

we are all Rangers fans and as such are duty bound for the greater good of the club if any 1 individual uses forums to come on and make accusations against another then they should be asked to give the full details for instance
i find it astounding that a Rangers fan made the claim that they would rather see the club die than the blue knights take control
hence iv asked on here who made such a claim just as iv asked what was said in the '' attempted threat '' and who '' attempted it ''

Blue Tack
26-12-2012, 21:13
Great , so we have a messageboard gangster on the loose,watch out suck or you'll be "whacked" at a game one day ,right in the back of the head........ With a matchday programme

Sinister
26-12-2012, 21:14
we are all Rangers fans and as such are duty bound for the greater good of the club if any 1 individual uses forums to come on and make accusations against another then they should be asked to give the full details for instance
i find it astounding that a Rangers made the claim that they would rather see the club die than the blue knights take control
hence iv asked on here who made such a claim just as iv asked what was said in the '' attempted threat '' and who '' attempted it ''

do you know every rangers fan? i doudt mark does too hence the reason for no names to the guy who approached him. the other part of the post i can only assume is being alluding to a certain forum which is a stain on the support which has no issues in naming names.

we are the individuals

L&LBB
26-12-2012, 21:15
There are two sides to every story and almost 8 pages later we have heard neither. :confused: :D

exilebear

RFFF will first have to learn to communicate.

Marks done the right thing by highlighting this issue. Hopefully it goes nowhere but if it does it should be exposed to the entire support.

alan78
Haha
That's like a portrait of suck and pumphy :D

Who's Pumphy?

Dalriadager
26-12-2012, 21:17
We are all GS.

Jaffa Cake vigil anyone?

Candle (on a cake) vigil :D

Glenburn
26-12-2012, 21:18
I take it there was a witness or witness,s to this supposed threat

shorerdbear
26-12-2012, 21:19
i find it astounding that a Rangers fan made the claim that they would rather see the club die than the blue knights take control

Gary, you know that my name was mentioned on a forum with suggestions of typing with stumps. That's absolute fact. Shit happens and we have to deal with it and move on. Denying it won't help dude.

Gary_L
26-12-2012, 21:20
do you know every rangers fan? i doudt mark does too hence the reason for no names to the guy who approached him. the other part of the post i can only assume is being alluding to a certain forum which is a stain on the support which has no issues in naming names.

we are the individuals

but if you read the OP suck has not mentioned any forum he states an individual people are jumping in and making assumptions that the individual was or was not representing a particular forum
therefore clarity is needed if a threat was made then it's wrong but how can certain sites be slated for something when suck himself has made no accusation

Grandmaster_Suck
26-12-2012, 21:22
I take it there was a witness or witness,s to this supposed threat

Aye. Me.

Threats and intimidation only work when you are prepared to become a victim and bow to them.

Those who make them are not fond of the light being shone on their activities.

Those who seek to excuse such behaviour or muddy the waters are even more cowardly.