PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow young McLeod

paisleyprod
26-12-2012, 17:49
You take some tough treatment, you get up, you take some more and the next challenges you are in about it. On top of this, your general play, passing and movement is great. A star in the making and I also believe Hutton is a good ally in the middle of the park for him.

mentalbox
26-12-2012, 18:09
very athletic and ultra talented and ultra professional - very hopeful for this young man being a player to remember

JamesyMFH
26-12-2012, 18:31
I think he could play further up the park. I can see him scoring his share of goals in the future. Excellent prospect.

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
26-12-2012, 18:40
I really like the look of him. By far the pick of the bunch for me.

He goes through phases of absolutely bossing the game.

You can see that he has every attribute in his locker, and is improving every single game.

fluter
26-12-2012, 18:47
By the time we are in the top league whatever it maybe he will be a top player, along with a couple of others in our team.

ROBTHERANGER1
26-12-2012, 18:49
People talk about mckay and rightly so but mcleod is better . Gets better game by game.

billy19611112
26-12-2012, 18:53
Hopefully full points over the next three games will allow us to rest some of the youngsters ,they will not be happy about it but not wanting to risk burning them out .

muthacupboard
26-12-2012, 18:53
There can be only one.

jackdaniels78
26-12-2012, 18:56
Would like to see him and Hutton play given an extended run together. Been very impressed with both of them, they can form our central midfield for years to come

Nadz
26-12-2012, 18:56
Would have loved to see him and ness develop together in the middle of the park for us. Whilst Hutton, black et al are ok foils I thought that ness and now McLeod are a cut above.

Albertz Was King
26-12-2012, 18:57
For me, he plays like the captain.

Fantastic player and has a head on his young shoulders.

macattack2
26-12-2012, 18:58
He really is getting better by the game. He was excellent today, long may it continue.

Rabriguez
26-12-2012, 18:59
He was my man of the match today. Never hid even after some of the rough challenges. I love the way all of the youngsters want the ball, think back to last year and how man times players such as edu would turn his back rather than accept a pass

blue_radley
26-12-2012, 19:14
Definitely man of the match today for me.

Morton11
26-12-2012, 19:24
I think he's an excellent. I'm a huge fan.

But I didn't think he was THAT good today. A 6/10.

Fisher23
26-12-2012, 19:26
A fantastic prospect.

I actually thought he had a very good game today, Templeton was just abit better however.

Keep it up Lewis you are living the dream!

Maverick
26-12-2012, 19:26
Great player and one for the future.
By the way it's MacLeod not McLeod.

nachoman
26-12-2012, 19:29
If you think about it, if we were still in the SpHell and hadn't gone through the last year, then chances are we would never have seen this boys talent.

Dogbert
26-12-2012, 19:33
Excellent young player, it's his attitude and bearing that makes him special for me.

MWhite
26-12-2012, 19:44
MOTM for me today, well in Lewis.

paisleyprod
26-12-2012, 19:55

He showed different qualities today. He doesn't scare, hide or cowar away.

paisleyprod
26-12-2012, 19:57
MOTM for me today, well in Lewis.

I think Templeton maybe shaded it but this kid allows Templeton and McKay and co to shine.

Fast becoming a favourite of mine

And to the other poster, sorry re spelling. The polis are on!

Embra Bear
26-12-2012, 19:57
Fantastic player. I was thinking today that the experience the likes of McLeod and McKay get in the lower divisions is going to be the making of them. I just hope we can hold on to them.

paisleyprod
26-12-2012, 19:59
Fantastic player. I was thinking today that the experience the likes of McLeod and McKay get in the lower divisions is going to be the making of them. I just hope we can hold on to them.

We need to get them on long deals. We don't need to sell so hopefully if one day they want to leave, only a bumper deal will see that happen.

jigster
26-12-2012, 20:01
You take some tough treatment, you get up, you take some more and the next challenges you are in about it. On top of this, your general play, passing and movement is great. A star in the making and I also believe Hutton is a good ally in the middle of the park for him.

Our youngsters have grown 2/3 inches in height & chest size in 3/4 months , I was of the opinion that black & MacLeod was what looked best as they move the ball quicker , nice to see Hutton do likewise well worth his starts of late

jigster
26-12-2012, 20:02

Our youngsters have grown 2/3 inches in height & chest size in 3/4 months , I was of the opinion that black & McLeod was what looked best as they move the ball quicker , nice to see Hutton do likewise well worth his starts of late

Humbug
26-12-2012, 20:07
A lot of expectation growing on him but i'm sure he will handel it, sometimes forget he is only 18 a tremendous talent.

Sam_English
26-12-2012, 20:09
McLeod has been outstanding so far this season and it's hard to believe that he's a newcomer to the first team this season.

54ncounting
26-12-2012, 20:19
I thought the lad was very good today, took a couple of sore ones but gave one out at the end showing that he is up for the battle. Him and Hutton did well today and between managed to get some efforts away at goal. Keep up the good work boys.

jiec
26-12-2012, 20:20
The lad gets better and better, well done son and keep it up

CPA Bluenose
26-12-2012, 20:25
He's a fantastic player for one so young, just keep it going as you are doing son and you can be our main man for years to come.

potnryan_2
26-12-2012, 20:38
Was watching him in the warm up and some of his touches were class, good education this season for him

HateleyScores
26-12-2012, 20:47

6/10?

Na, no chance. MacLeod does a tremendous job in the middle of the park, he has a swagger about his play, and has all the makings of a genuine class act.

From what I've read and been told, he has his head screwed firmly ON, is dedicated to bettering and developing his game, and he has all of the tools to be a wonderful player.

His appearance record this season speaks for itself. Our team would lose a whole dimension of it wasn't for MacLeod, and I would say he is linking very well with Hutton in the meantime.

steve1873
26-12-2012, 20:51
Would have loved to see him and ness develop together in the middle of the park for us. Whilst Hutton, black et al are ok foils I thought that ness and now McLeod are a cut above.

McCabe was potentially in that bracket as well.

Kyle89
26-12-2012, 20:55
The boy really is a fantastic prospect. He's been absolutely superb all season and deserves all the plaudits he's got so far. Let's hope he keeps improving every game and stays with us for a very long time.

He's been not only my pick of the youngsters but my player of the season so far although it would be close between him Jig and Wallace. Keep it going young man :D

ClockworkOrange
26-12-2012, 20:57
He's got the ability to receive the ball with his back to goal and a defender tight to him, and with one touch get turned and skin his man. He did it to score against Montrose, and today in the first half he did it with a lovely dummy and put a great ball across goal.

As Andy Gray might say he's got a picture in his head of what's around him.

Hopefully he'll stay off the drink and keep improving, if he thinks he's already made it at any point in the next 4-5 years then it'll be a great shame.

skyger
26-12-2012, 21:36
People talk about mckay and rightly so but mcleod is better . Gets better game by game.

Never in a million years` Mckay will be the next big thing in Scottish football.

GR_7_Bear
26-12-2012, 21:41

Exactly the point I was going to make.
MacLeod is the pick of the bunch for me, an excellent prospect. I thought there were spells in today's game when he was easily the best player on the park.

le petit nez bleu
26-12-2012, 21:58
I've taken 10/15 minutes to purely watch him during the last two home games. Always looking around him to see where team mates are as well as the opposition. This gives him a tremendous amount of spacial awareness and he knows when he's got time or when he has to move the ball quickly. Doesn't get caught in possession, drift out of position or miss with many passes. A very, very old head on young shoulders.

TN8
27-12-2012, 01:35
He's a wee gem of a player. Easily the pick of the bunch this season.

graemebell
27-12-2012, 02:05
This boy has confidence, and rightly so. He strolls round the park like he owns it, a slight swagger in his play.

At 18 he's more advanced technically than i have ever saw at Ibrox at that age. Ness comes close, but Macleoud is better imo.

Mckay is one to watch to. Technically superb, he tries to play the killer pass a bit to often but sometimes it works to great effect. In truthness, i don't see no wrong with players that age trying to do that something different.

aldo30
27-12-2012, 02:15
Looking forward to seeing him play in the flesh for the first time on saturday. Looks the real deal from what i have seen on the box/laptop.

canisbaybluenose
27-12-2012, 08:45
Nice to be talking and debating purely football matters again. I think young Macleod is a great prospect as is Mackay. Which is best is really irrelevant at present, both are developing and should improve over the next two seasons. What is important is that they keep improving.

Attitude is important here, as is the way they are played and managed. Ally seems to be getting it right, so here's hoping both reach their potential.

90minbear
27-12-2012, 08:51

It was so refreshing watching the young lads yesterday. Worth the entry money alone just watching them progress as footballers. Some of the Clyde players were about a week late with some of their tackles.

THE KING
27-12-2012, 09:15
Very impressed with the young man, keep up the great work son, taking some punishment in the midfield and you just get up and get on with it and I can see the goals will come as well..... As the title says take a bow son:):)

craigie
27-12-2012, 09:43
We need to get them on long deals. We don't need to sell so hopefully if one day they want to leave, only a bumper deal will see that happen.

I thought McLeod, McKay and Crawford all committed their long term futures to us early in the Season?

25/10

3g
27-12-2012, 09:45
He has the 'makings' to be a great player. My guess is that Charnley et al probably made a suggestion to 'rough-up' our 2 young guys in midfield for the start of the 2nd half. And there were some crunchin' tackles, and more yellows should have been shown, but as PaisleyProd rightly points out, McLeod got up and got on with it. I have to admit though, that the hard tackles put our midfield out of stride for about 10 mins and then we got back into our stride.

Sons_of_the_Gers
27-12-2012, 09:49
Great player and into the bargain our bus sponsors him :D great choice by the old vale derry!!

The Big Cheese
27-12-2012, 09:54
A fantastic player and shows all the hallmarks of a future captain. I much prefer the partnership with Hutton than with Black.
It should however be bourne in mind that there will be spells where his form dips and it's then that he needs our support,the same is true of all players particularly youngsters.It's also when Ally's management as opposed to coaching skills will be tested.

wadey
27-12-2012, 10:06
Really like this young lad,looks very promising for him

paisleyprod
27-12-2012, 10:10
I thought McLeod, McKay and Crawford all committed their long term futures to us early in the Season?

25/10

Hope so mate