PDA

View Full Version : Billy McKay ICT - One to watch?

SuperSouness
01-12-2012, 23:06
9 goals in 15 appearances this season including against us and the tims. Another today and involved in the Northern Ireland setup (born in England though).

24 years old. Not sure when his contract is up. We certainly need more striking options.

AyrshireBear
01-12-2012, 23:08
Belter of a finish today as well, and did i read on here the boys a bluenose too.

SuperSouness
01-12-2012, 23:10
Belter of a finish today as well, and did i read on here the boys a bluenose too.

Cracking finish yeah. Small but very quick, good movement and a decent finisher.

billywizz
01-12-2012, 23:14
Looks decent, great finish today

TPABear
01-12-2012, 23:16
Get him signed

wacaktb
01-12-2012, 23:28
looks very decent, we'd get him if we wanted him imo

SafetyBear
01-12-2012, 23:35
A poster on here earlier said we had shown a bit of interest in him!

-bigdaz-
02-12-2012, 00:22
He's been cracking in the goals in league 2 last few years, def a good goal scoring striker remains to be seen if he can developing the way he has, if he keeps scoring he could be forcing his was n.ire squad hopefully ahead of lafferty

BlueTintedSpecsOFF
02-12-2012, 00:30
I can confirm he's one of us. Defo should keep an eye on him.

sonowilliam2
02-12-2012, 00:38
Definitely.

I don't think he'll be a superstar or even an international star but a player who would easily fit in at the moment and help us in both the second and then the first division.

dougieprfc
02-12-2012, 00:44
He is a bluenose and would certainly do a job for us, i beleive

frankieboy
02-12-2012, 11:29
Agreed,he could be one for the 2nd and 1st Divisions,if he would come.

Morton11
02-12-2012, 11:42
Let's wait and see.

The lad is on a good run of form. We've made this mistake so many times.

fubarstevie
02-12-2012, 11:43
The boy Kenny Mclean at St Mirren is one who always inpresses me also

corbygers
02-12-2012, 11:59
9 goals in 15 appearances this season including against us and the tims. Another today and involved in the Northern Ireland setup (born in England though).

24 years old. Not sure when his contract is up. We certainly need more striking options.

(born in England though) He is from Corby and we dont count here as being in England.:D

A1bertz
02-12-2012, 12:05
Was he not one to watch BEFORE Kyle and Sandaza?...
We dont know what we are looking for.

TamfaeKP
02-12-2012, 12:06

Sorry to be petantic, he did not score against us. Was through twice that night one-on-one but chose to miss [probably wisely].

Their goals that night were the Shinnie twins and the number 5 [free header].

I thank you.

SuperSouness
02-12-2012, 12:10
Let's wait and see.

The lad is on a good run of form. We've made this mistake so many times.

Always best to get it right though I'd argue that signing players with a proven record domestically has been the safest route to transfer success throughout our history. It's our bread and butter.

Always good to look further afield and be creative though it can be a bit hit or miss and costly too in many cases. A lot off he time a solution is closer to home.

Johnny Russell is the standout domestically for me though it seems he's a big of a Celtic man so not sure how open he'd be to such a move particularly in our current position. Like Murphy and McGowan as well and hope we follow up our interest in both.

McKay is worth keeping an eye on though as you say we maybe have to wait and see how he gets on. Depending on his contract situation we'll have to anyway.

chas
02-12-2012, 12:33
Always best to get it right though I'd argue that signing players with a proven record domestically has been the safest route to transfer success throughout our history. It's our bread and butter.

Always good to look further afield and be creative though it can be a bit hit or miss and costly too in many cases. A lot off he time a solution is closer to home.

Johnny Russell is the standout domestically for me though it seems he's a big of a Celtic man so not sure how open he'd be to such a move particularly in our current position. Like Murphy and McGowan as well and hope we follow up our interest in both.

McKay is worth keeping an eye on though as you say we maybe have to wait and see how he gets on. Depending on his contract situation we'll have to anyway.

Johnny Russell would be a great signing.

WATP

Morton11
02-12-2012, 12:49
If we genuinely are looking at Scottish talent, I wouldn't be interested in anybody over 21.

Ideally, on our progression through the leagues, if we can pick up one or two young talents from SFL clubs who have already got experience under their belts, then that's okay.

It gives us options and the opportunity to develop players. I liked the lad Shankland from QP. He's an excellent prospect.

Torque87
02-12-2012, 12:53
At 24 he is no youngster, where has he been playing before, or is he just a late developer? Don't know too much about him before this season.

FollowONbear
02-12-2012, 14:00
Get him signed

And get Kevin Kyle to f?*?!!

Quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen.

cue him scoring:):)

Torque87
02-12-2012, 14:13
And get Kevin Kyle to f?*?!!

Quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen.

cue him scoring:):)
Still scored a goal which should have stood and set up the goal.

Jaws II
02-12-2012, 14:15
Johnny Russell would be a great signing.

WATP

he is a celtic fan.

players I would like are McKay and Shinnie I would also try again for the Hearts defender and tell him not to be a tit and sign.

FollowONbear
02-12-2012, 14:17
The lad Cameron for Elgin is not too bad.

jimfaecorby
02-12-2012, 16:38
At 24 he is no youngster, where has he been playing before, or is he just a late developer? Don't know too much about him before this season.

Started at Leicester City and although did well was allowed to leave for Northampton Town. A good lad from Corby and is from a family of blue noses. Get him signed.

SuperSouness
02-12-2012, 16:45
Sorry to be petantic, he did not score against us. Was through twice that night one-on-one but chose to miss [probably wisely].

Their goals that night were the Shinnie twins and the number 5 [free header].

I thank you.

You're right. D**k! :D

SuperSouness
02-12-2012, 16:47
Started at Leicester City and although did well was allowed to leave for Northampton Town. A good lad from Corby and is from a family of blue noses. Get him signed.

What's the story with all these Rangers fans from Corby?

simonon
02-12-2012, 16:54

If my information is correct Corby had the biggest Rangers supporters club in
Britain at one time.

Newlands_loyal
02-12-2012, 18:07
Lots of Scots moved there in the 50sto work in engineering/steel works

thegodfather
02-12-2012, 21:00
(born in England though) He is from Corby and we dont count here as being in England.:D

Did his family ie grandparents, uncles, aunties live in Sutherland Road, Corby at one time.
My wife thinks she knows the family