PDA

View Full Version : Mancini Copies Lennon

buster60
07-11-2012, 07:03
Roberto Mancini on the field at the end of the game last night screaming abuse at the referee was right out of the Niel Lennon handbook of management.

Unlike what happened in Scotland with Lennon, all the TV pundits said he should not be on the field. Up here our press defended Lennon's position every single time he confronted referees.

That says it all.

The Gooner
07-11-2012, 07:25
But Lennon is a victim don't you know.

dsloan
07-11-2012, 07:41
The referees decisions at the end would have tested any managers patience.But saying that,Lemmon would probably made a right arse of himself,in the same situation.

ally-c
07-11-2012, 07:43
He let himself down big time, schocking way to go on

JohnBrownLoyal
07-11-2012, 07:53
"Was goal, was goal"

Haha roon yie :)

BIB
07-11-2012, 07:53
And it wasn't even the ref that cost them the game. It was sloppy defending at both Ajax goals

ulsterbearinbath
07-11-2012, 09:16
Let himself down but a good goal chalked off and 2 penalty shouts(haven't seen the first but the Balotelli one is a definite) would test anyone's patience.

weebear
07-11-2012, 09:23
Mancini has far better teeth than Lemon though. so no threat of rabies for the REF.

La Signora Omicidi
07-11-2012, 09:27
I very much doubt that Lennon has the act copyrighted.

gersmad
07-11-2012, 09:27
Mancini strolled onto the pitch, Lennon did a Ben Johnston eye bulging drug fuelled looking sprint to get in the refs face :D

blu14evr
07-11-2012, 09:28
...hope Lemmon takes to the field this evening in order to scream bile and hate at the ref as the ninth Barca goal goes in:D

davemac60
07-11-2012, 09:31
Seen this last night very Keith Lemonesque, and City were played off the park with a masterclass in quick, slick passing from Ajax

I believe City's bubble is about to burst and as ever SAF will have the last laugh again, it just seems to me that no other manager or team can get the consistency that SAF has shown over the years in the top league in the world

hagi bear
07-11-2012, 09:31
Mancini is losing it

A man who knows his days are numbered

sprally
07-11-2012, 09:32
An over rated keeper didn't help.

cupfinalmoustache
07-11-2012, 09:45
Wasn't quite the same as tlb - Mancini strolled on to remonstrate, not sprinting over with murder in his eyes. I doubt the man city boss claimed a conspiracy either.

City have a point, that ref was garbage. Still, wouldn't have mattered if their expensive defence could clear corners

53easy
07-11-2012, 09:48
An over rated keeper didn't help.

How was Hart to blame for last night draw?

steniebear
07-11-2012, 09:55
I don't think it was a penalty at the end. Balotelli had his hand on the throat of the defender and also had a hold of his shirt. The defender had a grip of balotelli's shirt but he went down easy as well. For me it was 6 of 1 and half dozen of another. if it had happened at the start of the game nothing much would have been said about it.

On another note. Where have the Man City fans gone. Empty seats all over the place. Surely a team that has just won the league for the first time in years and spending millions on top class players would be enough for them to fill the stadium on a do or die night in the champions league against a team like Ajax.

theox
07-11-2012, 10:02
He will claim it was personal :)

bleau
07-11-2012, 11:15
Mancini is looking for a way out

Scrubs UK
07-11-2012, 11:20
Oh my...

http://youtu.be/Ovj_rScZybg

hamiltonbear7
07-11-2012, 11:23
Mancini's tea's oot and he knows it. He lost it in the pre-match press conference as well.

He won't tell you they got a dubious penalty against Dortmund to give them 1 of their accumulated 2pts in the group. Without Joe Hart they would've been embarassed and be sitting on 0pts/1pt and huge negative goal difference. He's not good enough and his team isn't good enough and in fact have been given a showing up by some of the lesser spending and more hard working teams.

Scotty27
07-11-2012, 12:30
I think he had a case with the Aguero goal that was given for offside. Linesmen have been disallowing a lot of perfectly good goals of late. Wasn't quite as bad as Lennon, walked on casually and made his point while Lennon ran at the ref barking like a devil dug

blair_omnibus
07-11-2012, 12:40
Seen this last night very Keith Lemonesque, and City were played off the park with a masterclass in quick, slick passing from Ajax

I believe City's bubble is about to burst and as ever SAF will have the last laugh again, it just seems to me that no other manager or team can get the consistency that SAF has shown over the years in the top league in the world

City were played off the park?

What utter unadulterated horseshit.

Sometimes I wonder if folk on here actually watch football or pick a side, never to deviate from it.

rocker
07-11-2012, 13:01
The one manager in the English Premiership who epitomises Neil Lennon is in fact Alex Ferguson.
Always criticising and intimidating match officials and never ever conceding Manchester United were beaten by the better team.
So the OP got the right town, but wrong team.

rocker
07-11-2012, 13:03
City were played off the park?

What utter unadulterated horseshit.

Sometimes I wonder if folk on here actually watch football or pick a side, never to deviate from it.

The Ajax love in here last night was an embarrassment on the scale of the Yahoos infatuation with Barcelona.

blueintheface
07-11-2012, 13:05
Roberto Mancini on the field at the end of the game last night screaming abuse at the referee was right out of the Niel Lennon handbook of management.

Unlike what happened in Scotland with Lennon, all the TV pundits said he should not be on the field. Up here our press defended Lennon's position every single time he confronted referees.

That says it all.

Do you have these articles at hand? I find this incredible.

Top_Cat
07-11-2012, 13:08
Mancini is on his bike, and he knows it.

potnbear
07-11-2012, 13:12

I think it will be worse for saf if citys bubble bursts. Thwy will no doubt pay the best to come manage and a free checkbook.

jonnyleblue
07-11-2012, 13:14
I don't think it was a penalty at the end. Balotelli had his hand on the throat of the defender and also had a hold of his shirt. The defender had a grip of balotelli's shirt but he went down easy as well. For me it was 6 of 1 and half dozen of another. if it had happened at the start of the game nothing much would have been said about .

totally agree

Renoranger
07-11-2012, 15:13
Let himself down but a good goal chalked off and 2 penalty shouts(haven't seen the first but the Balotelli one is a definite) would test anyone's patience.

The Balotelli shirt pulling personifies everything wrong with football nowadays. It is now acceptable to do this and the officials ignore it.
The commentator on US feed then says, if Mario had not gone down so theatrically it may have been given. What guff.

Doesn't matter if it is Balotelli, Suarez or anyone else. He was clearly impeded and hindered by having his shirt grabbed. Penalty kick immediately.

The EPL is also rampant with shirt pulling every match. It started with MU and now has escalated out of control with officials fearing to call it.

hamiltonbear7
07-11-2012, 15:31
The Balotelli shirt pulling personifies everything wrong with football nowadays. It is now acceptable to do this and the officials ignore it.
The commentator on US feed then says, if Mario had not gone down so theatrically it may have been given. What guff.

Doesn't matter if it is Balotelli, Suarez or anyone else. He was clearly impeded and hindered by having his shirt grabbed. Penalty kick immediately.

The EPL is also rampant with shirt pulling every match. It started with MU and now has escalated out of control with officials fearing to call it.

Started a thread near the start of the season saying this would've been a good time to enforce the rules on shirt pulling in the box. Start giving penalties for it and it would soon stop, the problem is some ref's will give it and most ref's won't - there is no consistency and they won't enforce a change in the rules mid-way through a season.

Renoranger
07-11-2012, 15:34
Started a thread near the start of the season saying this would've been a good time to enforce the rules on shirt pulling in the box. Start giving penalties for it and it would soon stop, the problem is some ref's will give it and most ref's won't - there is no consistency and they won't enforce a change in the rules mid-way through a season.

Correct, it is out of control now. Just look at the holding and grabbing at corner kicks now. Some defenders grab with two hands and the referee ignores it.

Does my head in.

NRC_Queens11
07-11-2012, 15:49
Comparing Mancini to Lennon.

Don Perignon to Lambrini.