PDA

View Full Version : English Media is Absolutely Bleeding All Over the Carpet About this result

Dunantblue
17-10-2012, 19:07
They are really really getting stuck in about this!

Seems over the top to me!

Poland aren't a terrible side. Decent point away from home. You'd think the world had ended the way they are going on!!

macdonsj
17-10-2012, 19:09
Jason ****face on Talksport (usually a total buffoon)
hit the nail on the head yesterday

England are really no better than the likes of Poland
they benefit from seeding to (usually) coast thru qualifying
then get to the tournament, scramble out the group - then glorious exit

and for today - more the manner of the performance
poland should have won

Dunantblue
17-10-2012, 19:10
Maybe they have more, far better players than I give them credit for, but I honestly thought they'd find it tough today and thought a point was a decent result in the context of the group.

Barca Bear
17-10-2012, 19:11
thought poland were more than decent. just imagined us facing them and how many saves greegs would have made.

Top_Cat
17-10-2012, 19:11
A 1-1 draw away to Poland is a very decent result, they should try being Scottish! :D

Helstead
17-10-2012, 19:13
Its typical British media always over the top and the headlines when Hodgson was appointed were enough to know they weren't going to let the guy get away with anything.

Abacus73
17-10-2012, 19:14
Same old English media ..... Same old England..... 1 genuinely world-class outfield player in Rooney.

It is not even so much the standard of the player in England's case.... they have yet to fully understand possesion football from saving energy to moving your opponents about.

Dunantblue
17-10-2012, 19:16
Funnily enough Hodgson seems to be escaping much of the flak, and the players seem to be in the firing line. Maybe it is finally dawning on them that the players are simply not as good as they themselves had built them up to be?

Battlefield Bear
17-10-2012, 19:19
Same old English media ..... Same old England..... 1 genuinely world-class outfield player in Rooney.

It is not even so much the standard of the player in England's case.... they have yet to fully understand possesion football from saving energy to moving your opponents about.

Rooney is not world class.

gazza162
17-10-2012, 19:19
england are an average team with average players ,not having a go just saying it as I see it.
Overhyped because of the premiership ,all the best players at the bigger clubs are foreigners ,the success of the premiership is killing the international team.

lone_ranger
17-10-2012, 19:20
I think the issue here is England's media have a detached view on where they see themselves in the world game. Poland played well in the second half and deserved their draw. Englands next qual game is against Montenegro away. At this time England could be 5 pts behind.Pressure game.

Dunantblue
17-10-2012, 19:22
Could it be a lingering hangover from the Olympics and a lingering disenchantment with the big time Charlie culture in top flight football in England?

The media seem to be slabbering to slaughter top players all of a sudden.

Abacus73
17-10-2012, 19:23

What kind of standard is he pub football class ????? :roll:

JTB
17-10-2012, 19:25
The english media & journalists behaviour towards players of their national side is disgraceful, actually on a par with the way many up here report on Rangers and anything connected to us.

It's like they point blank refuse to accept the EPL is what it is mainly thanks to foreign talent that plays there, while there are some top english players, a few of which I'd call world class their team are nowhere near what they think and their common disregard for opponents is disgusting.

They need a reality check, Yes they can put together top performances and yes some of their bigger figure heads can be a letdown which will fill headlines but like this thread emphasises they are just too damn strict and unfair.

1988Ger
17-10-2012, 19:25
What kind of standard is he pub football class ????? :roll:

Englands only world class players are Ashely Cole and Joe Hart. Although the latter made a complete arse of Polands goal today.

Dunantblue
17-10-2012, 19:27
The english media & journalists behaviour towards players of their national side is disgraceful, actually on a par with the way many up here report on Rangers and anything connected to us.

It's like they point blank refuse to accept the EPL is what it is mainly thanks to foreign talent that plays there, while there are some top english players, a few of which I'd call world class their team are nowhere near what they think and their common disregard for opponents is disgusting.

They need a reality check, Yes they can put together top performances and yes some of their bigger figure heads can be a letdown which will fill headlines but like this thread emphasises they are just too damn strict and unfair.

Very true mate.

The after match chat tonight would make you believe the Poles were cannon fodder tonight.

Don't most of them play in the Bundesliga, and if I am not wrong a few of those play for the current Dortmund team. I honestly don't see many of that current England squad getting a game in that Dortmund side - more because of the high technical demands of their style of play than anything else.

In short. This was not a team of mugs England were playing tonight.

jbrfc1
17-10-2012, 19:30

While he is a very good football player, i would agree, i see him as a level below the very top players.

Top_Cat
17-10-2012, 19:34
Rooney isn't world class, but he's a very gifted footballer

williewoodburn
17-10-2012, 19:36
Not the result you expect from the prospective World Cup Winners !

Well done Poland. You deserved another goal.

Earl of Leven
17-10-2012, 19:44
England will probably qualify anyway but they're overrated and Poland are a decent outfit....decent result in context.

Diggerz
17-10-2012, 19:48
I don't know if a draw away to Poland is that bad a result. England are top seeds because they usually qualify. That said, I think their group might be a lot harder than many think. Montenegro are new in international terms but they are clearly no mugs, making the play offs for this year's Euros and winning in Ukraine last night.

I think it's simply a case of British football as a whole not being as good as it once was. With their population size, England should still be able to qualify from most groups and therefore keep their top seeding avoiding the likes of Spain and Italy in qualifiers. But any nation considering itself a footballing nation with that size of population should really be getting to at least semi finals every so often.

Dunantblue
17-10-2012, 19:51
Imagine a World Cup in Brazil without a single British representative? Possible?

colinstein
17-10-2012, 19:54
They are really really getting stuck in about this!

Seems over the top to me!

Poland aren't a terrible side. Decent point away from home. You'd think the world had ended the way they are going on!!

AGREE 100%

draw away..........good result

TNT
17-10-2012, 20:09
What struck me when I saw the team was no natural width....Cleverley and Milner????? No thanks.

nithbear
17-10-2012, 20:09
The press being the press down south have the assumption they`re going to walk every game they play....... most/more down to earth fans will be concerned that in spite of the fact they`ve taken 5 off the diddy teams,the only time they`ve encountered a challenge(home v.Ukraine and today); the performance has fell short of the standard expected/demanded(in spite of the fact neither game was lost). Cue hysteria(!)
All they`ve ever done abroad is to spend a week more than Scotland in the chosen location,only to return home with the same net result. Hee-haw.

FakeGenius
17-10-2012, 20:18
Very true mate.

The after match chat tonight would make you believe the Poles were cannon fodder tonight.

Don't most of them play in the Bundesliga, and if I am not wrong a few of those play for the current Dortmund team. I honestly don't see many of that current England squad getting a game in that Dortmund side - more because of the high technical demands of their style of play than anything else.

In short. This was not a team of mugs England were playing tonight.

Indeed Lewandowski, Piszczek and Blaszczykowski although I don't think the latter was playing tonight.

They are no mugs by any stretch of the imagination.

The English media are laughable.

Behind enemy lines
17-10-2012, 20:32
Through the spine of the England team

lescott & Jagielka
Cleverley, Milner, Carrick
Defoe

Barely average players.

Only Hart, Cole, Rooney & Gerrard should be playing international football and Gerrard looks a bit leggy these days.

We have no expectations, they have ridiculous ones !

Sam_English
17-10-2012, 20:34
Decent result for England,but the usual over-hype from the English based media

ally-c
17-10-2012, 20:35
They were bad the night but they should have won easily on paper

king_dado
17-10-2012, 20:35
For all who say Wayne Rooney isn't world class, how many world class players are playing in the game right now? Because there aren't many who are better than him.

Brigton9
17-10-2012, 20:45
Rooney is a world top player today, but I don't think he'll go down in history with Maradonna, Pele atc